Baton Rouge Attack on Police

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

hepcat

Re: Baton Rouge Attack on Police

Post by hepcat »

I think I know someone you might like to meet. Do you have a Facebook account?
He won. Period.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

When did OO become the YouTube comments section? Wow.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
tgb

Post by tgb »

gbasden wrote:Do you or do you not believe that there have been a shocking number of unarmed black men that have been killed by police in the last few years? If so, how do you not get that the black community is both afraid and horrified? Alton Sterling's ex is calling this a despicable act of violence. I don't understand how you lump Black Lives Matter which has been a very peaceful group in with Nation of Islam and the Black Panthers.
I'm still waiting for him to put the blame on the NAACP.
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

tgb wrote:
I'm still waiting for him to put the blame on the NAACP.
They are pretty radical, inciting equality and all. I just don't understand how after a year of seeing Freddie Gray and Tamir Rice and all of the others that most likely would be alive if they were white anyone could not understand why the black community is protesting. Neither of the shooters have any connection to Black Lives Matter that anyone could find. If they bear blame for inciting someone to target police officers, which they have never called for, does right wing media deserve blame for inciting the militia movement?
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

This is embarrassing.
And in banks across the world
Christians, Moslems, Hindus, Jews
And every other race, creed, colour, tint or hue
Get down on their knees and pray
The raccoon and the groundhog neatly
Make up bags of change
But the monkey in the corner
Well he's slowly drifting out of range
Smutly

Post by Smutly »

gbasden wrote:Do you or do you not believe that there have been a shocking number of unarmed black men that have been killed by police in the last few years? If so, how do you not get that the black community is both afraid and horrified? Alton Sterling's ex is calling this a despicable act of violence. I don't understand how you lump Black Lives Matter which has been a very peaceful group in with Nation of Islam and the Black Panthers.

I'm trying to understand your point of view, but I'm having a really difficult time doing so.
Alton Sterling was a convicted felon in possession of a firearm. He was selling bootleg CDs and flashing a gun. He had a rap sheet a mile long (battery, carnal knowledge of a juvenile, domestic violence x 2, burglary x 2, receiving stolen goods, criminal damage, illegally carrying of weapons, drug possession, failure to register as a sex offender) including a June 2009 conviction where the exact same scenario which got him killed in 2016 went down. So, there's your "unarmed black man" and, his ex's sentiments aside, he was a piece of shit. The shootings today are a direct result of this piece of shit becoming a hero to the black community and actions by leaders such as the POTUS sending representatives to his funeral to further embolden their bullshit cause.

Not all of the black community is both afraid and horrified given the recent ambushes. I am certain that there are many who are, but I am also very certain that there are people in the black community who are happy with the deaths of police officers. I have heard some them myself. If you think that racist element does not exist (and exist significantly), then you likely have never lived in a city with blacks as the majority demographic and I wouldn't expect you to understand. I see this same naivete when I go up north to extremely white cities or small towns.

Surely black people have been abused by the system. Their problem isn't police who are looking to kill or abuse black people. Their problem is that they do not comply with lawful orders. Maybe it's because they're scared. Maybe it's because they weren't taught to respect police men. Maybe it's because they're thugs or are up to no good. I'm sure all of these things are true. If we are going to de-escalate, then the black community need to DO THEIR PART. Do not resist police officers. Do not arrest parentswho try to discipline their children when they commit crimes. Do not teach children that it's okay to commit crime. "Hey, man, I'm just trying to get ahead" cannot be a justifiable excuse for committing crime. You allow that attitude to exist and you get the current accepted lawlessness and bend against law enforcement.

To your point, there have been black men who need not have died at the hands of police -- and MAY NOT HAVE DIED had they complied. I can also point to murders of police officers. I can understand how segments of BOTH would be on high alert, however I will never defend an armed felon resisting arrest over a police officer trying to deal with his dangerous actions. His death was regrettable, but it is completely understandable how he was killed.
Black Lives Matter*

*Terms and Conditions Apply
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

-edit - Nevermind. Pointing it out just perpetuates the bullshit.
Last edited by Blackhawk on Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tgb

Post by tgb »

Turns out the alleged shooter is an ex-Marine.

And no wonder. When will our weak-willed Kenyan Muslim President and lilly-livered liburels in Congress do something about this activist group and all of their hate-filled rhetoric.
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
Smutly

Post by Smutly »

Guys, I really don't expect you to accept my viewpoint. Conservative people are just that and tend to not say anything until they've had enough. Today's killings in my home town pushed me to that point and this was a convenient forum to entertain you. It's not that I ever had a problem saying any of this before, but in general I don't have the time because I'm too busy, etc. Even though you won't understand or agree with me, recognize that there are MANY people who feel the same way that I do. You don't have to like it or agree with it. But, it is there. You can call me a bigot, but I'm nothing of the sort. I love good people of any color. I hate bad people of any color. Our police force is both black and white and I respect all of them and the job they have to do.

RIP Officer Montrell Jackson
RIP Officer Matthew Gerald
RIP Officer Brad Garafola
Black Lives Matter*

Dogstar

Post by Dogstar »

Smutly wrote: Alton Sterling was a convicted felon in possession of a firearm. He was selling bootleg CDs and flashing a gun. He had a rap sheet a mile long (battery, carnal knowledge of a juvenile, domestic violence x 2, burglary x 2, receiving stolen goods, criminal damage, illegally carrying of weapons, drug possession, failure to register as a sex offender) including a June 2009 conviction where the exact same scenario which got him killed in 2016 went down. So, there's your "unarmed black man" and, his ex's sentiments aside, he was a piece of shit. The shootings today are a direct result of this piece of shit becoming a hero to the black community and actions by leaders such as the POTUS sending representatives to his funeral to further embolden their bullshit cause.
I might note that, whatever his faults, the things that matter are whether the police thought he was a threat to others and/or to themselves. Those factor into their decisions to use force to restrain him, and deadly force as a last resort. Your recitation of this man's history (much like some did with Philando Castile and others) as partial justification for shooting him makes me deeply uncomfortable. We ask officers to protect and serve, not act as judge, jury and executioner. Due process exists for us all, regardless of what we've done before, are doing now, or might do in the future.
Smutly

Post by Smutly »

Dogstar wrote:
Smutly wrote: Alton Sterling was a convicted felon in possession of a firearm. He was selling bootleg CDs and flashing a gun. He had a rap sheet a mile long (battery, carnal knowledge of a juvenile, domestic violence x 2, burglary x 2, receiving stolen goods, criminal damage, illegally carrying of weapons, drug possession, failure to register as a sex offender) including a June 2009 conviction where the exact same scenario which got him killed in 2016 went down. So, there's your "unarmed black man" and, his ex's sentiments aside, he was a piece of shit. The shootings today are a direct result of this piece of shit becoming a hero to the black community and actions by leaders such as the POTUS sending representatives to his funeral to further embolden their bullshit cause.
I might note that, whatever his faults, the things that matter are whether the police thought he was a threat to others and/or to themselves. Those factor into their decisions to use force to restrain him, and deadly force as a last resort. Your recitation of this man's history (much like some did with Philando Castile and others) as partial justification for shooting him makes me deeply uncomfortable. We ask officers to protect and serve, not act as judge, jury and executioner. Due process exists for us all, regardless of what we've done before, are doing now, or might do in the future.
Of course his rap sheet is not justification for his getting shot. However, the point is that he was not an innocent bystander and fine upstanding citizen that some have made him out to be. Again, comply with the officers and you don't get shot.
Black Lives Matter*

gilraen

Post by gilraen »

Smutly wrote: And what justifies killing cops again? What justifies those who make irresponsible statements nudging idiots to kill cops?
At what point did ANYONE say that the murder of those cops in Dallas and Baton Rouge or anywhere else is justified?

Bill Maher said it best on the Stephen Colbert show on Thursday: you can only watch so many videos of blacks getting shot by cops, eventually someone will shoot back. It's not a justification, it's causality.
Smutly wrote: Alton Sterling was a convicted felon in possession of a firearm. He was selling bootleg CDs and flashing a gun. He had a rap sheet a mile long (battery, carnal knowledge of a juvenile, domestic violence x 2, burglary x 2, receiving stolen goods, criminal damage, illegally carrying of weapons, drug possession, failure to register as a sex offender) including a June 2009 conviction where the exact same scenario which got him killed in 2016 went down. So, there's your "unarmed black man" and, his ex's sentiments aside, he was a piece of shit.
Maybe he was - but we all saw the video. He was on the ground, pinned down by two cops. At what point was he a threat to their lives that justifies them practically emptying the magazine into him point-blank?
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

I'd call for these shooters to be brought to justice, but they're dead and by all accounts, rightly so.

Now what? Do we know of any actual criminals we can arrest to solve this problem or are we just gonna go after people who say shit we don't like. Shit that is protected by the American constitution, and rightly so.

It doesn't matter if your view is left or right. Liberal or conservative. You need to have a solution in mind, otherwise you're just angry and hoping someone will do something, anything, to satisfy your anger. Well, we're all ears. What's the plan?

Now this might just be me, but when I problem solve, I try to understand what is causing the problem. Sure, if I can just make stuff work, great. But for complex problems, you need to understand the complexities before you can come up with a solution that doesn't make things worse.

Isn't anyone interested in why these shooters have decided to throw their lives away just so they can take a few cops with them? I mean, that's a pretty important question, I would think. And is the answer legitimate or were they just crazy and decided cops were their target instead of a shopping mall?

I'd like to point out that if you're going to pick a target at random, cops would seem to be one of the tougher targets you could choose. As we've seen, an elementary school is far easier, if you're just gonna take as many people with you as you can.
cheeba

Post by cheeba »

gbasden wrote:I don't understand how you lump Black Lives Matter which has been a very peaceful group in with Nation of Islam and the Black Panthers.
BLM protest in New York, "What do we want?" "Dead Cops!" "When do we want it?" "Now!"
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

cheeba wrote:
gbasden wrote:I don't understand how you lump Black Lives Matter which has been a very peaceful group in with Nation of Islam and the Black Panthers.
BLM protest in New York, "What do we want?" "Dead Cops!" "When do we want it?" "Now!"
1) It's pretty hard to make out what they are saying.

2) Commenters are saying this is a two year old video that may or may not be saying what you claim. If this is legit, why isn't this all over news outlets?
Rip

Post by Rip »

I always loathed capital letters. Now I know why........
cheeba

Post by cheeba »

gbasden wrote:
cheeba wrote:
1) It's pretty hard to make out what they are saying.

2) Commenters are saying this is a two year old video that may or may not be saying what you claim. If this is legit, why isn't this all over news outlets?
They're definitely saying dead cops. What is disputed is the No True Scotsmen; whether or not they are BLM. Here is an article.

Of course if that's not good enough you can look at Shaun King, one of the leaders of BLM, who has said that white people like guns because white people have small penises. "when white men hold big black guns and shoot power out of the tips of them, it gives them a racial-psychosexual high". Violent? No. Extremist? You betcha.

And many who consider themselves part of BLM called the Dallas shooter a martyr and/or a hero.

As with any political movement that is open to anyone to join, they are going to have some radicals and extremists. One could argue whether they should be included in the definition of the movement, but it is clear that there is a militant part and it's not all rainbows and sunshine.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

If you want to do something for your local police and respect their good work, get involved with citizen policing to help make their job easier and tell them that they're appreciated. The best way to remind the local police that civilians aren't the enemy is to show up, help out and remind them that everyone in the community isn't against them.

If you want to be a racist, go ahead and make generalizations about the people in the 'hood and the leaders of Black Lives Matter. Part of the problem is that certain members of the police force feel they can start shooting when civilians don't immediately comply with orders because they're probably not innocent anyway.

Bake cookies, don't shout inane shit that's only going to make the situation worse.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Rip wrote:I always loathed capital letters. Now I know why........
Oh, not a fan of the NRA yourself, eh?
cheeba wrote: And many who consider themselves part of BLM called the Dallas shooter a martyr and/or a hero.
David Duke is a known member of the KKK. David Duke supports Donald Trump. Therefore, all Trump supporters are members of the KKK.

Logic!

There are always extremists in every large group. That doesn't mean we should give more weight to the relatively small number of hate filled proclamations from those groups than we do the much larger contingent's message of justice, equality and a call for NO violence in their name.

Read and learn.
He won. Period.
PLW

Post by PLW »

There is no race war. But, I do believe that there is a skim of unstable people that floats on top of society, with various affiliations. They are angry and violent. They are, essentially, looking for an excuse to vent their "righteous" anger. So, when some conflict society gets heated up, like it is right now for a ton of reasons (cam footage of police shootings, Trump, etc), these folks can become convinced themselves that now is the time to do their thing. Of course, they can set each other off, too, so I'm not surprised that we've had a couple in a row. It's a bit like a suicide contagion.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Smutly wrote: Again, comply with the officers and you don't get shot.
I can't believe you posted that considering the video evidence to the contrary on several occasions. There are numerous videos of (for some strange reason, almost all black) people complying with officers request and getting shot. One such instance happened 2 blocks from my office where a guy was told to get his license and registration, reached for it per request, and was immediately shot.

You don't have to go that far back to find very similar situations.
cheeba

Post by cheeba »

Zarathud wrote:If you want to be a racist, go ahead and make generalizations about the people in the 'hood and the leaders of Black Lives Matter. Part of the problem is that certain members of the police force feel they can start shooting when civilians don't immediately comply with orders because they're probably not innocent anyway.
"Part of the problem is that a part of the police force uses unnecessary force, even deadly, on black people! You're saying part of BLM is extremist? That's not the whole thing, you're racist!". It doesn't work that way. When I mention a SPECIFIC statement from a SPECIFIC leader of BLM, that's not a generalization. That's not how generalizations work. I'm not saying everyone in BLM is bad or that it's generally an extremist organization. I'm saying that an extremist faction within BLM exists and it's important to talk about it and condemn it, rather than ignore it and call everyone who speaks out against it a racist.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Wow, possibly the most awkward/uncomfortable interview I've seen on CNN - Don Lemon interviews Sheriff David Clarke, and let's just say it doesn't go well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAu44wVgb58

I don't know who the cop is, but I detest the phrasing, insinuations and "let's package this nicely for people" attitude of Lemon (and for most CNN anchors these days, actually, outside of the international ones who seem to be actual journalists).

Sheriff Angrypants has some strong words and maybe over the top rhetoric, sure, but listen and watch carefully how Lemon responds...sums up pretty well why I hate what CNN (most of it) has become. So far from its roots. :(

To be fair, I understand that a hostile interviewee is difficult especially on live TV (I assume it was live), but it just shows how thick the veneer of slick production and superficial "reporting" is there now. When someone breaks that bubble, it gets ugly.
Last edited by Carpet_pissr on Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
cheeba

Post by cheeba »

hepcat wrote:David Duke is a known member of the KKK. David Duke supports Donald Trump. Therefore, all Trump supporters are members of the KKK.

Logic!
You want to argue logic, let's do it. I'm not saying all BLM supporters are radicals. I qualified it. YOU guys are saying BLM is entirely peaceful, however, when that is not true. Some radicals exist in BLM, therefore not all of BLM is peaceful and farts rainbows. Logic!
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

cheeba wrote:
hepcat wrote:David Duke is a known member of the KKK. David Duke supports Donald Trump. Therefore, all Trump supporters are members of the KKK.

Logic!
You want to argue logic, let's do it. I'm not saying all BLM supporters are radicals. I qualified it. YOU guys are saying BLM is entirely peaceful, however, when that is not true. Some radicals exist in BLM, therefore not all of BLM is peaceful and farts rainbows. Logic!
No problem, but that's true of both political parties as well.

Now what?

There is clearly a lot of anger and hate within the BLM movement. I think the movement in general has a valid point and the peaceful protests have been what I would expect if I were in that situation. That some people are angry enough to call for the death of cops is not a surprise . Whether they actually want cops dead or not, who knows, but lets say they do. So what? They are free to hate cops and you are free to hate those who hate cops. The people acting on their hate are dead. Unless you've got some precogs or thought crime ideas, what is it that you expect to be done? There is no doubt in my mind that the fbi are already infiltrating the (very loose) group/activists. If they see something worth acting on, they will.

Hatred isn't a crime. Protesting isn't a crime.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

BLM is a movement. Not an organization.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Blackhawk wrote:BLM is a movement. Not an organization.
Yep. Doesn't change anything.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

cheeba wrote:YOU guys are saying BLM is entirely peaceful, however
Show me where I said that. Oh wait, I didn't.
hepcat wrote:
There are always extremists in every large group. That doesn't mean we should give more weight to the relatively small number of hate filled proclamations from those groups than we do the much larger contingent's message of justice, equality and a call for NO violence in their name.
You earlier said "many" of the BLM members are praising the Dallas shooter. I simply disagreed with that. I actually believe "many" condemned it.
He won. Period.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Carpet_pissr wrote:Wow, possibly the most awkward/uncomfortable interview I've seen on CNN - Don Lemon interviews Sheriff David Clarke, and let's just say it doesn't go well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAu44wVgb58

I don't know who the cop is, but I detest the phrasing, insinuations and "let's package this nicely for people" attitude of Lemon (and for most CNN anchors these days, actually, outside of the international ones who seem to be actual journalists).

Sheriff Angrypants has some strong words and maybe over the top rhetoric, sure, but listen and watch carefully how Lemon responds...sums up pretty well why I hate what CNN (most of it) has become. So far from its roots. :(

To be fair, I understand that a hostile interviewee is difficult especially on live TV (I assume it was live), but it just shows how thick the veneer of slick production and superficial "reporting" is there now. When someone breaks that bubble, it gets ugly.
I had a completely different take on it. The Sheriff was openly hostile and dismissive of Lemon's questions from the jump. Clarke came in to clearly hijack the interview and just say whatever the hell he wanted. I can't blame Lemon for wanting it to be a 'discussion' at the very least.
Dogstar

Post by Dogstar »

Some food for thought by Ta-Nehisi Coates. I don't know that I agree with or understand all of it, and I hope that some of it isn't true, but two passages in particular struck me.
What does it mean, for instance, that black children are ritually told that any stray movement in the face of the police might result in their own legal killing? When Eric Holder spoke about getting “The Talk” from his father, and then giving it to his own son, many of us nodded our heads. But many more of us were terrified. When the nation’s top cop must warn his children to be skeptical of his own troops, how legitimate can the police actually be?
In the black community, it’s the force they deploy, and not any higher American ideal, that gives police their power. This is obviously dangerous for those who are policed. Less appreciated is the danger illegitimacy ultimately poses to those who must do the policing. For if the law represents nothing but the greatest force, then it really is indistinguishable from any other street gang. And if the law is nothing but a gang, then it is certain that someone will resort to the kind of justice typically meted out to all other powers in the street.
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

cheeba wrote: You want to argue logic, let's do it. I'm not saying all BLM supporters are radicals. I qualified it. YOU guys are saying BLM is entirely peaceful, however, when that is not true. Some radicals exist in BLM, therefore not all of BLM is peaceful and farts rainbows. Logic!
Actually, I said that lumping BLM in with New Black Panthers and Nation of Islam was unfair. BLM has pretty much been a peaceful organization and it's leaders have consistently argued for peaceful protest. I'm positive there are people who affiliate with BLM that have argued for violence or incited/escalated situations. Still, none of the shooters have been affiliated with BLM and the leaders have condemned their actions.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

GreenGoo wrote:
Blackhawk wrote:BLM is a movement. Not an organization.
Yep. Doesn't change anything.
That wasn't directed at you (your post snuck in while I was rephrasing anyway), but at the thread in general. I see a lot of commentary, here and elsewhere, that talks about BLM as if it were a united group with common goals and means. It is a group of individuals with a common cause (and even that cause is widely interpreted.) How they approach that cause is wildly different, from peaceful protests against it (the vast majority), to anti-cop anger, to civil disobedience, to whatever else.

Ascribing qualities to the movement as a whole is like talking about the 'gay agenda.'
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Okey dokey.
cheeba

Post by cheeba »

gbasden wrote:Actually, I said that lumping BLM in with New Black Panthers and Nation of Islam was unfair. BLM has pretty much been a peaceful organization and it's leaders have consistently argued for peaceful protest.
Peaceful protest and that white people love guns because we have small penises.
I'm positive there are people who affiliate with BLM that have argued for violence or incited/escalated situations. Still, none of the shooters have been affiliated with BLM and the leaders have condemned their actions.
This is the problem with an amorphous movement. It's impossible to define "affiliated". Did they support BLM? Have they tweeted #BlackLivesMatter? Did they have a t-shirt that said it? What's affiliated?
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

cheeba wrote: Peaceful protest and that white people love guns because we have small penises.
They can believe whatever they want as long as it's non-violent. Hell, *I* think certain people like guns because of the power rush it gives them.
cheeba wrote: This is the problem with an amorphous movement. It's impossible to define "affiliated". Did they support BLM? Have they tweeted #BlackLivesMatter? Did they have a t-shirt that said it? What's affiliated?
True. I've not seen anybody in a position of influence in BLM advocate for violence. I'm sure both shooters had some sympathies for the movement. To me, that doesn't mean that BLM is some terrorist group that is out to kill white police officers.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Smutly wrote:We need a discussion about the ongoing radicalization of blacks in this country by Nation of Islam, Black Lives Matter, The New Black Panthers, "ministers" like Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, Reverend Wright and many others out there that are little more than self-proclaimed Imams preaching the hate against Whitey like the Muslims preach hate against the Jews.
Aye, as well as the onging radicalization of what is nothing different that rebranded neonazi separatists. I think that discussion is a discussion that needs to be had by starting with looking at the poor and their prospects and their desperation.

This is terrorism and deserves the strongest possible response from Federal law enforcement, not more lectures on how the cops brought it on themselves from the Preezy.
Concurred, but the discussion still needs to happen.

Also in spite of what seems like increased radicalization of the working (and non work poor) there was an interesting piece on the measurables around rebuilding Camden, NJ's PD. I think it's been a fascinating journey in to what it means to be police all around and their relationships with the communities they serve.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/camden-new- ... hal-force/

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/01/nyreg ... force.html

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20151 ... _them.html
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

gbasden wrote: I'm sure both shooters had some sympathies for the movement. To me, that doesn't mean that BLM is some terrorist group that is out to kill white police officers.
Not all officers that were shot recently were white. But I'm sure that's an oversight of the Helter Skelter crowd.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

LordMortis wrote:
This is terrorism and deserves the strongest possible response from Federal law enforcement, not more lectures on how the cops brought it on themselves from the Preezy.
If the president had actually said that, I would agree. Thankfully, he didn't. But I guess folks will believe whatever nonsense they want when they hate someone.
He won. Period.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

hepcat wrote:
LordMortis wrote:
If the president had actually said that, I would agree. Thankfully, he didn't. But I guess folks will believe whatever nonsense they want when they hate someone.
Would it help if I narrowed the quote to less context to
This is terrorism and deserves the strongest possible response from Federal law enforcement,
It is terrorism. It is politically inspired destruction of life meant to make people fear for their safety. It does deserve the strongest federal response. It's not an acceptable from of protest and needs to be dealt with harshly. However, the discussion of what is breeding cop killers and church burners needs to happen, even if the solution to this one act is put it on the terrorist pile along side Kaczynski and McVeigh and Tsarnaev and Farook. I don't know if it's the echochamber of the Internet but it seems to me desperation within the US has been getting worse in my lifetime, not better.