Tapatalk privacy concern

Discuss site matters here

Moderators: FishPants, ooRip

hitbyambulance

Tapatalk privacy concern

Post by hitbyambulance »

is this known to OOadmins?
In Tapatalk 5.3.0 a "user sync" feature has been introduced. The changelog does not say anything about this. But the file function_server.php contains code that sends the full user DB (user ids, usernames, email addresses, user settings) to the Tapatalk servers. Seriously?

https://support.tapatalk.com/threads/ta ... com.27305/
FishPants
Server WhOOre

Re: Tapatalk privacy concern

Post by FishPants »

Apparently it was an opt-in/out option for new forums -- existing forums were not affected. But seriously, fuck those guys. The Tapatalk staff are borderline scumbags, most certainly douche bags.

I hate this kind of crap, but a lot of people use it -- so I begrudgingly support it. If it was solely my choice, I'd rip it out and never look back.
No.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

FishPants wrote:Apparently it was an opt-in/out option for new forums -- existing forums were not affected. But seriously, fuck those guys. The Tapatalk staff are borderline scumbags, most certainly douche bags.

I hate this kind of crap, but a lot of people use it -- so I begrudgingly support it. If it was solely my choice, I'd rip it out and never look back.
Are there any better alternatives? The mobile web version sucks donkey balls in comparison.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
FishPants
Server WhOOre

Post by FishPants »

Pyperkub wrote:
FishPants wrote:Apparently it was an opt-in/out option for new forums -- existing forums were not affected. But seriously, fuck those guys. The Tapatalk staff are borderline scumbags, most certainly douche bags.

Are there any better alternatives? The mobile web version sucks donkey balls in comparison.
Well to be fair the mobile version isn't a huge private information siphon operating in the background run by a bunch of douche bags... Well ok, I don't have a private information siphon anyways.
No.