Cufflinks...

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Pointer

Cufflinks...

Post by Pointer »

Hi guys,

I need to wear a shirt and tie for work. Every single one of my shirts is double cuffed and I wear cufflinks everyday. I have around 30 pairs of cufflinks, most of which are relatively cheap. My favourite pair is a pair of Paul Smith Cufflinks that were a gift from my fiancee, they are my "good luck" cufflinks and I wear them whenever I have a big day at work.

I have received quite a few pairs as gifts including some with kangaroos on from a trip to Australia that my sister took, and a few pairs that started off my collection that my grandfather gave to me. I keep them all in a little black cardboard box and have always wanted a more permanent solution.

Does anybody here wear cufflinks regularly? Do you have any particurlarly interesting pairs? Do you keep them in a special cufflink box?

Pointer
Odin

Post by Odin »

I only have two shirts with french cuffs and I avoid them religiously. I find that the elongated cuffs get caught on everything I pass near. I kind of like the look, but they're not practical for me.

Sith
geezer

Post by geezer »

I love em :) I don't really do the funky cufflinks though -- I have a wide selection of french knots that I match to the shirt & tie or whatever else I happen to be wearing.

I have a few casual shirts that are french-cuffed, which is know is supposed to be sort of not done, but I had them made specifically for this purpose and love the fact tatthe cuffs dres up the standard jeans or khakis a little without looking like a banker that forgot to change after leavingthe office :)
Reemul

Post by Reemul »

I have 2 pairs of cufflinks.

1 pair has Married and Groom on each of them. My wife gave them to me the evening before we got married.

The other pair are Scooby Doo ones which my best mate gave to me on his wedding day as i was the best man.

I keep them in a special case i got, The wedding ones i keep on my computer desk and can see them right now.

Iain
Freezer-TPF-

Post by Freezer-TPF- »

I used to have some dress shirts with french cuffs, but now the only time I wear cuff links is with my tuxedo (which these days gets worn about once a year). I do have an interesting pair that were handed down from my grandfather. They happen to have the seal of my alma mater on them and were always a big hit when I was in college.
When the sun goes out, we'll have eight minutes to live.
Asharak

Post by Asharak »

I only have one pair. They were a gift. Don't think I've ever worn them. :P

- Ash
Zathras

Post by Zathras »

I don't have any.

I guess that makes me an uncultured barbarian.
"What good is science if nobody gets hurt!"
Austin

Post by Austin »

I only wear them with my tux. My brother in law wears them for work every day though.