Lets start a cool/normal militia

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

KingB

Lets start a cool/normal militia

Post by KingB »

I love WWII stuff, and I like all things military,covert-ops,CIA,NSA,FBI, and so forth and so on. If I wasnt planning on getting married I would join the military and hopefully join the ranks of the worlds most elite military unit carrying out covert ops all around the world.

I subscribe to SOF magazine and read it mostly in my bathroom. :)

So anyways......my point. I always thought it would be awesome to get together with a group of friends and individuals interested in this same stuff and start our own little militia type group. I cant stand white supremecy crap and anything like that. Just some semi-normal people training and having fun.

Perhaps in time we would become good enough to get hired by private security companies and carry operations in other countries. :D :wink:

Ok, ok I am a big nerd at heart but I still think it would be very cool to someday do something like this.
Currently thinking of something clever.........
Kael

Post by Kael »

People like you scare me.
KingB

Post by KingB »

:D
Eel Snave

Post by Eel Snave »

I'd like to form a militia for Mr. T As President, or MTAP.

That's someone who would be tough on terrorism.

I seriously need more sleep.
Downwards Compatible
We're playing every NES game alphabetically! Even the crappy ones! Send help!
Crowley

Post by Crowley »

I'll join on the single condition that from now on, you call me Roster Cogburn.
Faldarian

Post by Faldarian »

Why not find a local paintball group in your area? They're usually pretty fun, do a lot of what you're talking about in a way, and you get to shoot a lot. Win/Win situation.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Look for a shooting or hunting club in your area and see what they have to offer.Around here it's mainly the right wing types,but they do have cool weapons like MGs and bazookas and such.
Do you like gladiators......................? :wink:
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Asharak

Post by Asharak »

Can't say I'd want to join in (not only are guns eveeeel ;), but it sounds like a lot of effort for someone as physically lazy as I am), but I wish you luck with that.

Just, uh, be careful where you point that thing.

- Ash
Rip

Re: Lets start a cool/normal militia

Post by Rip »

Phedis wrote:I love WWII stuff, and I like all things military,covert-ops,CIA,NSA,FBI, and so forth and so on. If I wasnt planning on getting married I would join the military and hopefully join the ranks of the worlds most elite military unit carrying out covert ops all around the world.

So anyways......my point. I always thought it would be awesome to get together with a group of friends and individuals interested in this same stuff and start our own little militia type group. I cant stand white supremecy crap and anything like that. Just some semi-normal people training and having fun.

Perhaps in time we would become good enough to get hired by private security companies and carry operations in other countries. :D :wink:

Ok, ok I am a big nerd at heart but I still think it would be very cool to someday do something like this.
Dad is that you?

:lol:
“A simple democracy is the devil’s own government.”
— Benjamin Rush
--
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Did that for awhile. No future in it.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
loc-nar

Post by loc-nar »

Phedis wrote:I love WWII stuff, and I like all things military,covert-ops,CIA,NSA,FBI, and so forth and so on. If I wasnt planning on getting married I would join the military and hopefully join the ranks of the worlds most elite military unit carrying out covert ops all around the world.

As someone who lives in Idaho, I can tell you that militias are neither fun, nor cool, nor normal.

Well, unless your really enjoy chatting about how if the IRS ever comes after you for not paying your taxes for 12 years in protest of the jew-controlled government, you don't plan on being taken alive, all the while field stripping your AK-47.

;)
Evidently no one likes a quitter
Or an old punk's bitterness
So I'm waiting for a tap on the shoulder
Because we're all getting older, not better
and the laughs are no longer with us.
Asharak

Post by Asharak »

BTW, someone please tell me I'm not the only one picturing the militia at the beginning of Bowling for Columbine right now... :P

- Ash
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

If this comes together, please post again when you're trained and ready for hire. I have a couple of ideas. :twisted:
CharlieDelta

Post by CharlieDelta »

dbt1949 wrote:Look for a shooting or hunting club in your area and see what they have to offer.Around here it's mainly the right wing types,but they do have cool weapons like MGs and bazookas and such.
WTF are they hunting with MG's and rocket launchers? <Sign at side of road> "deer fragments for sale. pre cooked" :P
none

Post by none »

Phedis wrote:So anyways......my point. I always thought it would be awesome to get together with a group of friends and individuals interested in this same stuff and start our own little militia type group. I cant stand white supremecy crap and anything like that. Just some semi-normal people training and having fun.

i got a canteen!
tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

The initiator of this thread is from Utah, 'nough said.
Home of the Akimbo AWPs
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

CharlieDelta wrote:
dbt1949 wrote:Look for a shooting or hunting club in your area and see what they have to offer.Around here it's mainly the right wing types,but they do have cool weapons like MGs and bazookas and such.
WTF are they hunting with MG's and rocket launchers? <Sign at side of road> "deer fragments for sale. pre cooked" :P
One of the favorite pastimes around here is hunting coons with a pack of a dozen large dogs. Do you really think they want to give the hunted a chance?
I always enjoy the scoreboard at the end of the hunting season. The deer always lose of course but the score is usually something like 523-5.So they do get some of the hunters. :wink:
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Rip

Post by Rip »

dbt1949 wrote:
CharlieDelta wrote:
One of the favorite pastimes around here is hunting coons with a pack of a dozen large dogs. Do you really think they want to give the hunted a chance?
I always enjoy the scoreboard at the end of the hunting season. The deer always lose of course but the score is usually something like 523-5.So they do get some of the hunters. :wink:
You can always count on a little friendly fire.
— Benjamin Rush
--
KingB

Post by KingB »

tjg_marantz wrote:The initiator of this thread is from Utah, 'nough said.
I am originally from Memphis and have only been in Utah for 2 months. So I am not technically even a resident here yet. :wink:

And I think I am going to rename it just a huting club and not a militia. Militia just sounds so white trash. So we will be a hunting club that practices tactical procedures and what not. :D
Eel Snave

Post by Eel Snave »

GIS for militia:

Downwards Compatible
We're playing every NES game alphabetically! Even the crappy ones! Send help!
CharlieDelta

Post by CharlieDelta »

Phedis wrote:
I am originally from Memphis and have only been in Utah for 2 months. So I am not technically even a resident here yet. :wink:

And I think I am going to rename it just a huting club and not a militia. Militia just sounds so white trash. So we will be a hunting club that practices tactical procedures and what not. :D
Because you should always flashbang a clearing to distract any heavily armed deer. :P Although, apparently, around dbt's area, the deer actually manage to score a few kills, so this could be the precursor to a larger deer uprising. Maybe a deer insurgency.

hmmm, this could be trouble. I'll report this to my watcher, and he'll bring it to the attention of the overlords. No way will we let those damn deer muscle in on our octopus overlord's plans for world domination! (Plus we don't want to have to re-name the site "Deer Overlords")
Rip

Post by Rip »

CharlieDelta wrote:
Phedis wrote:

Because you should always flashbang a clearing to distract any heavily armed deer. :P Although, apparently, around dbt's area, the deer actually manage to score a few kills, so this could be the precursor to a larger deer uprising. Maybe a deer insurgency.

hmmm, this could be trouble. I'll report this to my watcher, and he'll bring it to the attention of the overlords. No way will we let those damn deer muscle in on our octopus overlord's plans for world domination! (Plus we don't want to have to re-name the site "Deer Overlords")
At least they aren't mammals :!:
— Benjamin Rush
--