FireFly (WW) - rules preperation

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Kenetickid

FireFly (WW) - rules preperation

Post by Kenetickid »

OK I have been throwing around different ideas about a FireFly based WW game. I bounced a few ideas off Chaosraven and he told me to put it here so that I could get a few more of the analitical minds (Remus/Grund) to tear it apart for broken stuff and things that just need to be changed. So with all that in mind here we go:

The Good - Serenity Crew

Malcolm - Captain of the FireFly he has the power to not only submit a secret vote as well as his public vote, he has the one time ability to override a lynch and shove someone else out an airlock.

Zoe - Malcom's best friend from the war she has uncanny stealth and can protect some every night, but never the same person twice. Unfotunately since reavers never really sleep if she protects the Lead Reaver they kill her. Zoey being a married woman gives her the one time ability to sacrafice herself to protect Wash from any kill.

Jayne - The hired gun of the Serenity crew and has the one time ability to shoot a player of his choosing during the day.

Wash - The pilot of Serenity and a bit twitchy about others. He has the ability to scan a person every night and learn there alignment. (Serenity/Alliance/Reaver) Wash is Zoey's husband and as such that gives his the one time ability to sacrafice himself to save her from any kill.

Kaylee - The resident mechanic on Serenity she has the ability to lockdown or unlock any single player. (lock'd playes will not be able to use any night time abilities, but can still post/vote/be killed)

Simon - The resident doctor of Serenity. He has the ability to examine bodies after death and determine their alligence. He also has the once per game ability to "sedate" a player which prohibits them from posting for the next day.

River - She is simon's sister that was taken by the alliance and experimented on. She has the ability to randomly gain the knowledge of who one of her team mates are (player name not role) every morning. Due to the alliance experimentation/training she also has the ability to take someone her her when she is killed. River is immune to the Lead Reaver's conversion ability.

Book - Book has the ability to once per game cancel a day time kill (shot/lynch). He CAN NOT prevent a night kill.

The Bad - Alliance

Agent - The parliment's agent has the ability to scan nightly for a member of Serenity's crew.

Assassin - A trained killer for the alliance he has the one time ability to openly kill someone. (day)

Guard - An alliance guard has the ability to protect someone every night, but never the same person twice in a row. Unforunately even the alliance training is no match for the fury of the reavers and he will die if he protects the Lead Reaver.

Officer - he has the ability to cast a hidden vote as well as his public vote.

Engineer - sent along to help apprehend the criminals on Serenity he has the ability to lockdown/unlock a player.

Passengers - Normal people/no abilities

The Ugly - Reavers

Lead Reaver - A passenger seeking refuge from the recent decimation of his home by the reavers he was made to watch absolute terror and has become a reaver himself. He has the ability to convert others into reavers. New converts will NOT know who converted them.

Converted Reavers - These people were once human, but have been exposed to so manny terrors that the only way to deal with it is to become terror as well. They have the ability to kill one other person nightly. (converted reavers will have their own forum to discuss their nightly kill) The lead reaver is NOT part of this pool and CAN be killed by them.

Winning Conditions

Reavers - the reavers will win when they equal the number of the other reamaining players.

Alliance - the alliance will win when Simon is lockdown/dead, River is locked down, AND all of the reavers are dead. If River is lynched the alliance win condition defaults to all of Serenity Crew lockdown/dead AND all reavers dead.

Serenity Crew -the Serenity Crew will win when all of the Alliance are lockdown/dead AND all of the reavers are dead.

Night orders Priority

Wash/Agent - who will you scan?
Kaylee/Engineer - will you lockdown/unlock a player?
Simon - will you sedate a player?
Lead Reaver - who will you convert?
Converts - who will you kill?

Just my thoughts on a theme for a new game and my initial ideas for powers.
Last edited by Kenetickid on Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The world is a swirling maelstrom of death and decay. It's inhabitants feed upon each other in a vile feast of flesh and blood. We should all live this way because it is the way of the universe that the strong survive and the weak PERISH!

Remember, Cthulhu saves too...........He just saves you for last.
wonderpug

Re: FireFly (WW) - rules preperation

Post by wonderpug »

Firefly
Malcolm
Zoe (or Zoë)
Jayne

:)
theohall

Post by theohall »

Shouldn't the Alliance be hunting River/Simon? They never really gave a crap about Serenity other than River and Simon were on it.

Give the Alliance a victory condition if they successfully find and kill River, but they have to have initiated the kill. If River dies via lynch, this condition is null and void.
Kenetickid

Post by Kenetickid »

theohall wrote:Shouldn't the Alliance be hunting River/Simon? They never really gave a crap about Serenity other than River and Simon were on it.

Give the Alliance a victory condition if they successfully find and kill River, but they have to have initiated the kill. If River dies via lynch, this condition is null and void.
see I thought about that, but I thiught it might be too specific with already have 3 teams with seperate win conditions I dint want to add another that could feasably end the game extremely early.

Alltho with that in mind I would change:

Alliance win condition - to include the finding of river and simon, but only winning if simon is dead/locked AND river is locked. They don't want her dead just returned.

Agent ability would change to scanning for river/simon specifically instead of serenity crew
The world is a swirling maelstrom of death and decay. It's inhabitants feed upon each other in a vile feast of flesh and blood. We should all live this way because it is the way of the universe that the strong survive and the weak PERISH!

theohall

Post by theohall »

That would work.
stessier

Post by stessier »

I haven't read the rules because I haven't seen Firefly yet (although I do have the DVDs!). Would playing in this spoil anything for me?
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

stessier wrote:I haven't read the rules because I haven't seen Firefly yet (although I do have the DVDs!). Would playing in this spoil anything for me?
Not watching Firefly may get you slapped upside the head at Octocon but I don't know about spoilers.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

stessier wrote:I haven't read the rules because I haven't seen Firefly yet (although I do have the DVDs!). Would playing in this spoil anything for me?
That would totally hinge upon whether or not he reveals that River and Simon are actually both cyborgs that are unaware of their true nature. So far, it looks like he's holding to the first 3/4 of the series' scope of revelations.
You should be safe.
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Unagi wrote:
That would totally hinge upon whether or not he reveals that River and Simon are actually both cyborgs that are unaware of their true nature. So far, it looks like he's holding to the first 3/4 of the series' scope of revelations.
You should be safe.
Dude! You are supposed to put a spoiler alert when you say things like that! :wink:
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

bb2112 wrote:
Unagi wrote:
You should be safe.
Dude! You are supposed to put a spoiler alert when you say things like that! :wink:
Hey, as long as he doesn't reveal that Malcolm has been a ghost the whole time, I think he'sf ine.
Black Lives Matter.
Kenetickid

Post by Kenetickid »

Ok I think the rules a pretty squared off and if need be I can run it when needed. Please make all the flames you need to help me get it a bit straighter.