Mysql options deprecated

Discuss site matters here

Moderators: FishPants, ooRip

FishPants
Server WhOOre

Mysql options deprecated

Post by FishPants »

Sorry bout that, the last patch on mysqld apparently deprecated one of the options in our CNF file. Of course instead of just skipping it and continuing, it opted to halt operation until I could comment it out.
No.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Re: Mysql options deprecated

Post by $iljanus »

Thanks, Fishpants!
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

FishPants wrote:Sorry bout that, the last patch on mysqld apparently deprecated one of the options in our CNF file. Of course instead of just skipping it and continuing, it opted to halt operation until I could comment it out.
And playing the part of Miles O'Brian, FishPants. Have you checked the omicron particles?
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

LordMortis wrote:
FishPants wrote:Sorry bout that, the last patch on mysqld apparently deprecated one of the options in our CNF file. Of course instead of just skipping it and continuing, it opted to halt operation until I could comment it out.
And playing the part of Miles O'Brian, FishPants. Have you checked the omicron particles?
Funny you should mention that; apparently the omicron particle modulation parameter is what was deprecated. I know omicron modulation doesn't enjoy the favor it once did, but deprecating it? Already? Yeesh.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

That's some robust handling for deprecated features. I know I don't always write the best code (as evidenced by having to defect fix my defect fix today. Who knew error checking on a 'close cursor' was a bad idea?), but that sounds idiotic even to me.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

Mysql options deprecated
Fishpants appreciated
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra