Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Eco-Logic

Global Test

Post by Eco-Logic »

:lol:

Captain Caveman

Post by Captain Caveman »

Cross posted from CG:

I'm sick of this crap. The Bush administration is outright lying when they talk about Kerry's "Global Test" comment and they know it.

Here is what Kerry said:
No president, through all of American history, has ever ceded, and nor would I, the right to preempt in any way necessary to protect the United States of America. But if and when you do it, Jim, you've got to do in a way that passes the test—that passes the global test—where your countrymen, your people understand fully why you're doing what you're doing, and you can prove to the world that you did it for legitimate reasons.
Wow, imagine that: if we go to war, we should be able to demonstrate that it's for legitimate reasons! What a concept!

And here is how Bush has distorted it to conform to his bravado image:
He said that America has to pass a global test before we can use American troops to defend ourselves. That's what he said. Think about this. Sen. Kerry's approach to foreign policy would give foreign governments veto power over our national security decisions. I have a different view. When our country is in danger, the president's job is not to take an international poll. The president's job is to defend America. I'll continue to work every day with our friends and allies for the sake of freedom and peace. But our national security decisions will be made in the Oval Office, not in foreign capitals.
Ugh.

/rant off

(and yes, I do have a sense of humor, but this little 'global test' bit gets my goat more than most things for some reason)
Eco-Logic

Post by Eco-Logic »

Captain Caveman

Post by Captain Caveman »

Um, okay. Lesson learned. I will put away the troll food now.
Austin

Post by Austin »

Captain Caveman wrote:Cross posted from CG:

(and yes, I do have a sense of humor, but this little 'global test' bit gets my goat more than most things for some reason)
I feel your pain. Just realize that there are jokes and misrepresentations about Bush out there as well that get our goat. ;)
Eco-Logic

Post by Eco-Logic »

Fireball

Post by Fireball »

Okay, Eco, you've proved your point. You have a lot of cartoons that misrepresent Kerry's position on national security.

Do you have anything actually substantive to say, or are you just spreading FUD?
Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:17 am
Zarathud: The sad thing is that Barak Obama is a very intelligent and articulate person, even when you disagree with his views it's clear that he's very thoughtful. I would have loved to see Obama in a real debate.
Me: Wait 12 years, when he runs for president. :-)
Eco-Logic

Post by Eco-Logic »

That would be a domestic test Cpt...

You can't spin it any other way.
Eco-Logic

Post by Eco-Logic »

Fireball1244 wrote:Okay, Eco, you've proved your point. You have a lot of cartoons that misrepresent Kerry's position on national security.

Do you have anything actually substantive to say, or are you just spreading FUD?

His position on National Security.

That statement alone is laughable.
Exodor

Post by Exodor »

And his pedigree

Equal time

:lol:

Perhaps a 56k warning would be appropriate?
Exodor

Post by Exodor »

Fireball1244 wrote: Do you have anything actually substantive to say, or are you just spreading FUD?
Do you even have to ask the question?

Do what I do - play along, post silly image links, and leave the serious debate for threads where it might be intelligently addressed.
Eco-Logic

Post by Eco-Logic »

Exodor wrote:
Fireball1244 wrote: Do you have anything actually substantive to say, or are you just spreading FUD?

Do what I do - play along, post silly image links, and leave the serious debate for threads where it might be intelligently addressed.
So Exodor, what do you think your candidate meant by Global test?

Curious how you'll spin it.
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

Exodor wrote:

I too want to rebut, but think I'll let the silly pics bask in their own glory.
Black Lives Matter

"To wield Grond, the mighty hammer of the Federal Government, is to be intoxicated with power beyond what you and I can reckon (though I figure we can ball park it pretty good with computers and maths). Need to tunnel through a mountain? Grond. Kill a mighty ogre? Grond. Hangnail? Grond. Spider? Grond (actually, that's a legit use, moreso than the rest)." - Peacedog
Exodor

Post by Exodor »

Eco-Logic wrote:
So Exodor, what do you think your candidate meant by Global test?

Curious how you'll spin it.
My candidate?

Shit, i didn't even know I'd been hired by the Kerry/Edwards campaign.

When do the checks start rolling in? When do the chicks come around?

:P
gellar

Post by gellar »

OMGHI2U
"I guess we're all retarded except you Gellar." - Kobra
"I'm already doomed to the seventh level of hell. If you think I wouldn't kill a person of my choosing for $50 mil, you obviously have no clue just how expensive my taste in shoes really is." - setaside
#gonegold brutesquad
Eduardo X

Post by Eduardo X »

gellar wrote:Image
OMG! I WUZ A GONNA POST THAT SAME P1CTUR3!
CSL

Post by CSL »

Eduardo X wrote:
gellar wrote:Image
OMG! I WUZ A GONNA POST THAT SAME P1CTUR3!
Pwnage insues!