2024 Fundraising - $1192 / $2000 CDN for the year, June/July Renewal. Paypal Donation Link US dollars

Dip Game 2 Game Over

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Grundbegriff wrote:Thanks to all. Good game.

Thanks in particular to st_dysan, who agreed to collaborate with me in pushing back Russia after it became evident that Turkey's prospects were dimming. He was a good partner.

Thanks also to El Guapo, who provided me a number of rules clarifications that were most helpful for a first-time player.
Thanks to all as well. And good job Grund - that was well done for a first-time player (taking Italy to 15 centers and the verge of a solo is pretty damn good).

In hindsight, I'm wondering whether I should have put off turning on Germany until later, and instead gone after Italy. Germany was a pretty reliable ally up until that point, though it's possible that turning my back at least partially to go after Italy would have made him turn on me. Perhaps used a fleet to help him against Russia while turning south, and then possibly getting into a position to sandwich Germany from North, south and west. Ah, well, something to think about.

But anyways, I did manage to circle England with a fleet (F Mar - Spa - MAt - NAt - Nrg - Nth - Eng - MAt). As it turns out, that was my secret victory condition, so I win. :)
Black Lives Matter.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

El Guapo wrote:In hindsight, I'm wondering whether I should have put off turning on Germany until later, and instead gone after Italy. Germany was a pretty reliable ally up until that point, though it's possible that turning my back at least partially to go after Italy would have made him turn on me.
He and I had plans to do you in right up to the moment where I joined you in backstabbing him. We were actively discussing when to strike.
But anyways, I did manage to circle England with a fleet (F Mar - Spa - MAt - NAt - Nrg - Nth - Eng - MAt). As it turns out, that was my secret victory condition, so I win. :)
Nice. Secret victory conditions.

My secret victory condition was to demonstrate concretely on the board that something triggercut asserted to me in private was mistaken ;)
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Grundbegriff wrote:
El Guapo wrote:In hindsight, I'm wondering whether I should have put off turning on Germany until later, and instead gone after Italy. Germany was a pretty reliable ally up until that point, though it's possible that turning my back at least partially to go after Italy would have made him turn on me.
He and I had plans to do you in right up to the moment where I joined you in backstabbing him. We were actively discussing when to strike.
ah. Well, that makes me feel better, then. Though I would have thought that having Russia banging down his door would've made him less inclined to attack me at the same time.

If only Turkey (and to a lesser extent, Austria) hadn't collapsed so fast...
Black Lives Matter.
Remus West

Re: Dip Game 2 Game Over

Post by Remus West »

Bump
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken