Diplomacy3:1915 fall MOVEMENT (deadline: Fri midnite EST)

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Grundbegriff wrote:Waiting for orders from Austin, Remus West
Sorry, I have not been able to find time to post. I will try to get some orders sent right now but am getting harrassed to get off the machine. :x
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

ORDERS:

Results for Spring, 1914 (Movement)

No retreating units; retreat phase skipped.

Austria: Austin
A mos S A war
A war S A mos
A ber S A sil -> pru
A sil -> pru
A boh -> sil
A vie -> boh
A gal -> ukr
A bud -> gal
A hol -> ruh
A par -> bre
A tri -> ser
A kie H
F mar H
A mun H

Germany: Cesare
A den H

Russia: Kelric
A lvn S A stp
A stp S A lvn
A swe H

Turkey: Remus West
F wes -> spa/sc
F tys -> wes
F ion -> tys
F aeg -> ion
F smy -> aeg
F eng -> mao
F wal -> eng
F bla S A rum
A rum S A sev
A sev S A rum
F bel -> hol
F cly -> nao
A con -> bul
F edi -> nwg
F lon -> nth
A gre H

OUTCOME: SIMPLE MAP

OUTCOME: FANCY MAP

It is fall of 1914. Orders for 1914 fall MOVEMENT are due no later than the day after tomorrow, by midnight EST at Saturday's end.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Looking for moves from Kelric and Cesare.

Cesare can default to a Hold, of course, since that's pretty much his only option.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

ORDERS:

Results for Fall, 1914

All dislodged units destroyed; advancing to next phase.

A mos S A pru -> lvn
A war S A pru -> lvn
A pru -> lvn
A sil -> pru
A boh -> sil
A ruh -> hol
A bre -> par
A ber H
A gal H
A kie H
F mar H
A mun H
A ser H
A ukr H

No order for unit at Denmark. Hold order assigned.
A den H

The Army in Livonia cannot retreat; unit destroyed.
A lvn S A stp (Support cut by Move from Prussia.) (Dislodged from pru (3 against 2).)
A stp S A lvn
A swe -> nwy

A rum S A sev
F bla S A sev
A sev S A rum
A bul S A rum
A gre S A bul
F nth -> ska
F eng -> nth
F mao -> eng
F spa/sc -> mao
F nao -> nwg
F nwg -> bar
F hol -> hel
F tys H
F wes H
F aeg H
F ion H

OUTCOME: FANCY MAP
I think we'll dispense with the fancy map at this point.

If I'm not mistaken, there are no relevant builds or removals. (Is that correct?) If I'm right on that, then it is Spring of 1915. Orders for 1915 spring Movement are due no later than the night after tomorrow, by midnight EST at Tuesday's end.
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

You bastards better not keep Germany alive just to spite me. :P
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Kelric wrote:You bastards better not keep Germany alive just to spite me. :P
:binky: :pop: :binky:
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

:binky: So this year Turkey can choose either: 1) to win; or 2) not to win. I wonder which one he'll choose...:binky:
Black Lives Matter.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

ORDERS:

Results for Spring, 1915 (Movement)

A mos S A lvn -> stp
A lvn -> stp
A war -> lvn
A gal -> bud
A ukr -> gal
A kie -> den
A mun -> kie
A ber H
A hol H
F mar H
A par H
A pru H
A ser H
A sil H

The Army in Denmark cannot retreat; unit destroyed.
A den -> swe (Bounced with ska (1 against 1).)(Dislodged from kie (2 against 1).)

Units were dislodged. Units that must retreat: 2
A nwy S A stp (Support cut by Move from Greece.)(Dislodged from gre (3 against 1).)
A stp S A nwy (Support cut by Move from Livonia.)(Dislodged from lvn (2 against 1).)

F bar S A gre -> nwy
F nwg S A gre -> nwy
F ion C A gre -> nwy
F tys C A gre -> nwy
F wes C A gre -> nwy
F mao C A gre -> nwy
F eng C A gre -> nwy
F nth C A gre -> nwy
A gre -> nwy (Convoy path taken: gre >>ion >>tys >>wes >>mao >>eng >>nth >>nwy.)
F aeg -> gre
F bla S A sev
A sev S A rum
A rum S A bul
A bul S A rum
F hel S A kie -> den
F ska -> swe (Bounced with den (1 against 1).)

It is summer of 1915. Orders for 1915 RETREAT are due no later than tonight, by midnight EST at Wednesday's end.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

ORDERS:

Results for Spring, 1915 (Retreat)

A nwy D
A stp D

It is Fall of 1915. Orders for MOVEMENT are due no later than the day after tomorrow, by midnight EST at Friday's end. However, I'll advance the game as soon as I receive final orders from both players.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

ORDERS:

Results for Fall, 1915
Supply centers were gained. Units that may be built: 3.
A den -> swe
A kie -> den
A ber -> kie
A sil -> ber
A bud H
A gal H
A hol H
A lvn H
F mar H
A mos H
A par H
A pru H
A ser H
A stp H

Supply centers were gained. Units that may be built: 1.
F gre S A bul
A bul S A rum
F bla S A rum
A sev S A rum
F eng -> bre
F nth -> bel
F wes -> spa/sc
F bar H
F hel H
F ion H
F mao H
A nwy H
F nwg H
A rum H
F ska H
F tys H

It is Winter of 1915. Orders for 1915 Adjustment (Build/Disband) are due no later than tonight, by midnight EST at Saturday's end.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Game ends in a draw between Austin and Remus West.
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

You pussies.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Kelric wrote:You pussies.
+1. Especially Remus.
Black Lives Matter.
Austin

Post by Austin »

El Guapo wrote:
+1. Especially Remus.
USA! USA!
Your ad here.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

El Guapo wrote:
+1. Especially Remus.
Eh, I could have backstabbed Austin and won any of the last three years. You wait until now to call me out on it? I would never have had the early success I had without Austin's steadfast belief in our alliance. I just couldn't bring myself to do him in. Ask Chaosraven, its completely out of character for me not to grab that easy victory. I wouldn't count on seeing it happen ever again. I will stick with the alliance until we both have a foothold but would likely negate it as I turned the corner into the north atlantic next time. :?

I blame Austin for making me soft by being so obviously outmanned by me early but still sticking to the course.
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

I was expecting Austin to turn around and march into Turkey before you got those armies going. With all the Fleets you had, him holding your core provinces would have been kind of easy.

And, yes, I waited until the game was over before saying something. So sue me. :P
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Kelric wrote:I was expecting Austin to turn around and march into Turkey before you got those armies going. With all the Fleets you had, him holding your core provinces would have been kind of easy.

And, yes, I waited until the game was over before saying something. So sue me. :P
He was never in postition to get there. I had looked at it every turn to be sure. He could have taken Bulagria at one point but that same turn I was gaining 2 provinces so I would still have had a build to put another army at home and thus halt any advance he might make. Then he faces a war with me in complete control of the seas around him and Germany coming hard at his middle. A losing proposition for him IMO. Part of what made the alliance work from my end was having that under control. Otherwise I would have looked real hard at making something work between you and Germany to pressure his middle and stab him myself to come up from the south.
Austin

Post by Austin »

In the beginning every was out to get me. Remus came to me with a proposition and without him I would have been dead first. Once he helped me with Guapo and fending off Kelric I owed him a debt.
Your ad here.
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

Austin wrote:In the beginning every was out to get me. Remus came to me with a proposition and without him I would have been dead first. Once he helped me with Guapo and fending off Kelric I owed him a debt.
Well that makes one agreement you stuck to. :P
Austin

Post by Austin »

Kelric wrote:
Austin wrote:In the beginning every was out to get me. Remus came to me with a proposition and without him I would have been dead first. Once he helped me with Guapo and fending off Kelric I owed him a debt.
As I said to you once last game, I was just learning the ropes and didn't really get how things worked the first game. I have a better understanding of the ebb and flow now.
Your ad here.
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

Austin wrote:
Kelric wrote:
As I said to you once last game, I was just learning the ropes and didn't really get how things worked the first game. I have a better understanding of the ebb and flow now.
I have no problem with it. Just ammunition to make fun of you with in future Diplomacy games.
Austin

Post by Austin »

Kelric wrote:
Austin wrote:
Kelric wrote:
I have no problem with it. Just ammunition to make fun of you with in future Diplomacy games.
Make fun of? If there is a related effect you are seeking it isn't going to work. ;)
Your ad here.
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

Austin wrote:
Kelric wrote:
Austin wrote:
Kelric wrote:
Make fun of? If there is a related effect you are seeking it isn't going to work. ;)
As long as it amuses me, I don't care if it has any effect on you. :D
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Remus West wrote:
El Guapo wrote:
+1. Especially Remus.
Eh, I could have backstabbed Austin and won any of the last three years. You wait until now to call me out on it? I would never have had the early success I had without Austin's steadfast belief in our alliance. I just couldn't bring myself to do him in. Ask Chaosraven, its completely out of character for me not to grab that easy victory. I wouldn't count on seeing it happen ever again. I will stick with the alliance until we both have a foothold but would likely negate it as I turned the corner into the north atlantic next time. :?

I blame Austin for making me soft by being so obviously outmanned by me early but still sticking to the course.
I understand why you stuck with the alliance until the final year...you were still gaining centers, and Austin never had a great opportunity to turn on you. But when you have a 100% chance to win (F Tys - Rom) and don't take it...man, that's not what Diplomacy is about. At least to me, anyways.

Although I will say that I am heartily amused by having Turkish A Nwy and Austrian A Swe and A StP.
Black Lives Matter.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

No props for the gianormous convoy? :lol:

Anyway, it just seemed cheap to finish the game by taking that SC. I could have taken Sweden as well (that one felt like it would be less cheap) but figured I'd stick it out and hope Austin tried to make a move as I thought I could push into his territory much quicker than he could hope to make any ground versus me.
Austin

Post by Austin »

I'm fairly certain that such a thing will not happen again. The stars aligned and we were both compelled by seeing if a team could form and stick together until the end.
Your ad here.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Remus West wrote:No props for the gianormous convoy? :lol:

Anyway, it just seemed cheap to finish the game by taking that SC. I could have taken Sweden as well (that one felt like it would be less cheap) but figured I'd stick it out and hope Austin tried to make a move as I thought I could push into his territory much quicker than he could hope to make any ground versus me.
Oh, the convoy was awesome. Deserving of what I believe the kids call "mad" props.

But cheap? You would rule Europe! You can then decide what is and is not cheap. Didn't you ever learn that "winners write the history" thing in school?

Besides, have you ever been to Sweden? It rocks - you can't leave it to the filthy Austrians. Rome's pretty cool too. Plus you could build a huge mosque right next to the vatican.
Black Lives Matter.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Grundbegriff wrote:ORDERS:
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

El Guapo wrote:Plus you could build a huge mosque right next to the vatican.
Had I taken Rome there would be no vatican. Infidel. :lol:
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Remus West wrote:
Personally I'd just build a mosque right next to it that was two or three times as tall. That way people can compare and contrast and clearly see which is the better God.

But it's too late for that now, anyways. Pussy.
Black Lives Matter.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

El Guapo wrote:
Remus West wrote:
Personally I'd just build a mosque right next to it that was two or three times as tall. That way people can compare and contrast and clearly see which is the better God.

But it's too late for that now, anyways. Pussy.
:lol:
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Austin wrote:I'm fairly certain that such a thing will not happen again. The stars aligned and we were both compelled by seeing if a team not composed of chaosraven and remus west could form and stick together until the end.
unfortunately fixed.
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Chaosraven wrote:
Austin wrote:I'm fairly certain that such a thing will not happen again. The stars aligned and we were both compelled by seeing if a team not composed of chaosraven and remus west could form and stick together until the end.
unfortunately fixed.
We know that would never work. You always turn on me. So I turn on you first to prevent it. Except you realize I am going to turn on you first so you turn just that much quicker. Save that I realize you realize and are going to turn quicker so I turn even quicker. You, of course, recognize this so you turn........

this is why we do not ally. :lol:

and did you or did you not say you would run one of these games?
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Remus West wrote:You always turn on me. So I turn on you first to prevent it. Except you realize I am going to turn on you first so you turn just that much quicker. Save that I realize you realize and are going to turn quicker so I turn even quicker. You, of course, recognize this so you turn........

Which one of you plays Sicily?
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Grundbegriff wrote:
Remus West wrote:You always turn on me. So I turn on you first to prevent it. Except you realize I am going to turn on you first so you turn just that much quicker. Save that I realize you realize and are going to turn quicker so I turn even quicker. You, of course, recognize this so you turn........

Which one of you plays Sicily?
:lol:
Remus West

Re: Diplomacy3:1915 fall MOVEMENT (deadline: Fri midnite EST)

Post by Remus West »

Bump