2024 Fundraising - $1192 / $2000 CDN for the year, June/July Renewal. Paypal Donation Link US dollars

Scooby's Werewolf Village - Game Over

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Semaj

Re: Scooby's Werewolf Village - Game Over

Post by Semaj »

Heh,... I was trying to get out genuine threats to the wolf cause the first two rounds... You tend to be a solid player and whatnot. Much the same with grund.

We didnt think you were a special, it was an added bonus you were :)
Some claim to be things they aren't.
Some claim things they don't deserve.
Some claim to know more than they ever will.
I don't claim anything, because no one would believe the truth anyways.
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

still, i got pretty good odds as a wolf and choosing you :)
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Oh, I also need to admit that I tweaked the game by rerolling to be sure there was some balance. The first try gave 3 Seers and the second gave 4 Beserkers. I think the next time I try this I will run this as an each power only once type thing. I may also make it so that if there is an apprentice wolf there has to be a sorcerer.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Semaj wrote:Heh,... I was trying to get out genuine threats to the wolf cause the first two rounds... You tend to be a solid player and whatnot. Much the same with grund.

We didnt think you were a special, it was an added bonus you were :)
ok, I feel honored then and not like a big screw up.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Lassr wrote:ok, I feel honored then and not like a big screw up.
Those aren't mutually exclusive. ;)
stessier

Post by stessier »

Lassr wrote:ok, I feel honored then and not like a big screw up.
Don't be too hasty there.

;)

Edit: Dang it Grund, show yourself!! :D

:ninja:
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

:P
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

stessier wrote:Nice job Semaj. I never saw you coming. :)

Know that I had the other three of you (granted for reasons that were no where near the truth in the case of Mr. Bubbles).

Fun game Remus! Thanks!!
Funny, I was totally turned to Semaj as wolf when he kept dragging his drinking and work into things.

Although - I was totally torn between semaj, redrun, and Newcastle and would have certainly missed on Newcastle before I hit both Semaj and redrun.

Also, actually - tru1cy mentioning me all the time had me worried about him too... meh, I am sure we'd have missed to many.

Good game guys.
:roll:

:wink:
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Austin wrote:Semaj would have been my choice after Bakhtosh. To Remus' point about Bakhtosh being accepted as weredog; I don't know about anyone else but I didn't accept it. The way he came out made him look extremely guilty and anything he said after that was tainted. When you try to fool the wolves, you also can fool the village. Redrun, Newcastle and Tru1cy were all pretty much impossible to read as they weren't around. /shrug, our fault for not kill silents, but had we killed silents we would have lost more villagers - what can ya do?
+1

My thought on Bakhtosh was (given the whole 'bakhshot' game) that he may very well have Fake-Claimed weredog as a werewolf.

For a long while I thought that Semaj was going to come out as the mathemetician - but never did.

I thought that the Scoop kill was a moment that a wolve Bakhtosh may have been worried that he was caught holding too many Blue Specials, and hence he backed off it.

Also, I couldn't get over that a villager shouldn't have positioned himself as 'Not a good idea to be targeted at night', so - I had trouble keeping him in the Villager pile.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

stessier wrote:Unagi - If he's not a Sorcerer/Witch, I'll eat my action figure. I'm betting Sorcerer.

Eat it. :D :wink: :twisted: :horse:
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Remus West wrote:Oh, I also need to admit that I tweaked the game by rerolling to be sure there was some balance. The first try gave 3 Seers and the second gave 4 Beserkers. I think the next time I try this I will run this as an each power only once type thing. I may also make it so that if there is an apprentice wolf there has to be a sorcerer.
Another thing that wouldn't be too 'telling' , but a little helpful - is if the # of Villagers is also known. Would help in 'sorcerer/witch' type analysis.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Unagi wrote:
Remus West wrote:Oh, I also need to admit that I tweaked the game by rerolling to be sure there was some balance. The first try gave 3 Seers and the second gave 4 Beserkers. I think the next time I try this I will run this as an each power only once type thing. I may also make it so that if there is an apprentice wolf there has to be a sorcerer.
Another thing that wouldn't be too 'telling' , but a little helpful - is if the # of Villagers is also known. Would help in 'sorcerer/witch' type analysis.
I like the idea of the group not being able to know if there is a sorcerer or witch though. Not like they would let a village know when they moved in. It does give the wolves an extra advantage though since they can/do know if there is an evil human by looking at the number of powered wolves they have.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Remus West wrote:Not like they would let a village know when they moved in.
Ohhhh, you are trying to keep it realistic - I see. 8-)
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Good job guys. My bad guy record is getting better. Was a fun one. So many times when it could have gone either way. I was definitely worried toward the end, but it all ended very very well :D
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

Unagi wrote:
what's more disturbing is that he kept dressing me...
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Kraegor wrote:
Unagi wrote:
what's more disturbing is that he kept dressing me...
Relax, I just called Chaosfarie and asked her what was in Chaosraven's "special" closet.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Remus West to Wolves on the final night wrote:Down to two you slowly approach tru1cy's house. As you approach the door you think you hear some noise inside as though he is moving around. Quickly you jump at the door caving it into the house. Kraegor's naked ass is poking above the covers on the bed. You both pause wishing it were possible to unsee certain things but sadly it is not. In revenge you quickly attack tru1cy and Kraegor killing both. You rush from the house feeling elated with your night's work but dirty for the things you have seen and remembering Bubbles' many nights spent with Kraegor you can barely keep from regurgitating your fresh meals.
I make myself laugh. :lol:
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

Remus West wrote:
Remus West to Wolves on the final night wrote:Down to two you slowly approach tru1cy's house. As you approach the door you think you hear some noise inside as though he is moving around. Quickly you jump at the door caving it into the house. Kraegor's naked ass is poking above the covers on the bed. You both pause wishing it were possible to unsee certain things but sadly it is not. In revenge you quickly attack tru1cy and Kraegor killing both. You rush from the house feeling elated with your night's work but dirty for the things you have seen and remembering Bubbles' many nights spent with Kraegor you can barely keep from regurgitating your fresh meals.
Other than the thought of retching for a minute, I was pretty pumped to read I guessed right :)
stessier

Post by stessier »

Semaj wrote:Other than the thought of retching for a minute, I was pretty pumped to read I guessed right :)
I'd definitely stick with that story.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

What were the roles?
“I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” -Thomas Jefferson
Finding Red Riding Hood well-armed, the wolf calls for more gun control.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Bakhtosh wrote:What were the roles?
How could the Weredog not know? ;)
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

stessier wrote:
Bakhtosh wrote:What were the roles?
How could the Weredog not know? ;)
and people wonder why we killed him...
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Semaj wrote:
Remus West wrote:
I was pretty pumped
No, that was tru1cy getting pumped. You were one of the wolves. Stop fantasizing. :twisted:
purge

Post by purge »

I had Unagi and Austin pegged (Unagi for his behaviour, Austin for the quick vote).

Redrun was next for the silence followed by a "I'll post later". Semaj was there too, but I tellya I slapped my head when I saw Semaj as one of the wolves. I knew that if they didn't kill bubbles after me that they would have won.
I would like to apologize to anyone I have not offended.
Please be patient - I will get to you shortly.
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

purge wrote:I had Unagi and Austin pegged (Unagi for his behaviour, Austin for the quick vote).

Redrun was next for the silence followed by a "I'll post later". Semaj was there too, but I tellya I slapped my head when I saw Semaj as one of the wolves. I knew that if they didn't kill bubbles after me that they would have won.
Having two Zerkers helped with the math. It did make things easier. Stessier made it as close as he did. I was shocked that he found two of us so fast.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Mr Bubbles wrote:
purge wrote:I had Unagi and Austin pegged (Unagi for his behaviour, Austin for the quick vote).

Having two Zerkers helped with the math. It did make things easier. Stessier made it as close as he did. I was shocked that he found two of us so fast.
and the two Zerkers, no less.

Great job stessier. :roll:

Frakin' Sorcerseer Stessier

:D :lol: :wink:
purge

Post by purge »

I love the fact that the random powers assignment means that their complement doesn't necessarily exist; it's too bad there wasn't a human sympathizer (such as a witch) so the apprentice would get more and more desperate.

I think next time the number of powers should NOT be revealed, only the starting number of wolves. :D
purge

Post by purge »

I disagree. While duplicate roles isn't a good thing, I think there should be a limit on certain roles and the other side doesn't need to be there. Think of the wolves trying to find their other partner only to discover there isn't one, they were killed, or there's more than one wizard.

I think the limit should be no more than two of any role, and some roles should be single only (seer, for instance).

Also, I think lovers should be more prominent (eg: 80% of the village has a partner). Do you trust the one you love... ?
theohall

Post by theohall »

purge wrote:I think next time the number of powers should NOT be revealed, only the starting number of wolves. :D
That would be crazy awesome fun and would take away what was the wolf's 2nd advantage (communication and knowing all the evil powers were the 2 advantages) in this particular game.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

I can explain my thoughts on the Bakhlash.

Here's a guy who's last in line as the Seer is calling for people who would scan as WOLF to claim Weredog.

By claiming Weredog, Bakh seems to be doing one of two things:

He's a Wolf who thinks he got scanned so this is his attempt to cover his ass.
He's a Sorcerer who is trying to take one for the team, as a result of Human would make the Seer call him a liar in public ("You didn't scan as Wolf! You're no Weredog!") thereby setting the Apprentice up to find him, as wasting a lynch on the Sorcerer actually hurts the Village, whereas being connected allows the Wolves to control one more vote.

Not sure why he Scooped. :twisted:

And I was actually hoping my Blatant "Over here! Over here!" would indeed be interpreted as Evil Human trying to attract Wolves attention without getting eaten (as I obviously Couldn't), since they of course know I'm not a Wolf.
Was hoping to use it late game as "Well you must know if you scanned me that I'm not a Sorcerer" to connect up with my Witch comments in the hopes of drawing my "Allies" out for a Final Vote to "Win".

Considered hiding, but a Miss on an attempt on me at night would make all of us good guys have to assume Rabid Wolf had gained them a Wolf.
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

I actually thought you were bluffing, but by keeping you alive when no one had scanned you gave a big option in terms of possible lynches later on.