The Figment Magic League

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Chaosraven

The Figment Magic League

Post by Chaosraven »

Wondering if there might be a set of Eight Players interested in a Magic League (done Here, with Moderation, games in Individual Threads, No actual Cards Involved)
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

See my general gaming post. :)
WYBaugh

Post by WYBaugh »

Please see mine too
RevHempus71

We

Post by RevHempus71 »

We could use a few more players eh CR
Sheesh...... May I please get out of the corner now???? I promise to behave........
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Waiting on a discussion the dynamic and rules.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

I would like to see an 8 player booster draft or sealed deck setup... the question is whether there would be 8 people willing to play this as in-thread battles (very slow) since using Apprentice makes the Thread pointless outside of holding results.
"Where are you off to?"
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Chaosraven wrote:I would like to see an 8 player booster draft or sealed deck setup... the question is whether there would be 8 people willing to play this as in-thread battles (very slow) since using Apprentice makes the Thread pointless outside of holding results.
Again witout details, I won't express an interest. The idea of having to wait for a judge or for a signal of acknowledgement for every move you make sounds painfully slow.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

LordMortis wrote:
Chaosraven wrote:I would like to see an 8 player booster draft or sealed deck setup... the question is whether there would be 8 people willing to play this as in-thread battles (very slow) since using Apprentice makes the Thread pointless outside of holding results.
Again witout details, I won't express an interest. The idea of having to wait for a judge or for a signal of acknowledgement for every move you make sounds painfully slow.
+
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Semaj

Re: The Figment Magic League

Post by Semaj »

bump

havent played magic in forever... but I'd probably be down :)

You might want to use apprentice for screenshots or something
Some claim to be things they aren't.
Some claim things they don't deserve.
Some claim to know more than they ever will.
I don't claim anything, because no one would believe the truth anyways.
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

I'd be up for a game. I don't have current cards as the last time I bought anything was back in '96 or something... so is this some sorta online "all cards without purchase" thing?
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

and then I notice the timestamp on the thread...
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

lol... I thought it needed to be necro'd :)

The concept here is you dont need the cards...

You can use a deck builder thingy (Like apprentice or magic workstation if it still is what I remember)

Test it out and play to your hearts content without spending any hard earned cash on cards...

Plus rumor has it a few people here might play and thusly you could play people you know and crush them like the bugs they are MUHUHAHAAHHAHAH erm... you might be able to find a game here with people who might be about your skill level.
Some claim to be things they aren't.
Some claim things they don't deserve.
Some claim to know more than they ever will.
I don't claim anything, because no one would believe the truth anyways.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

There have been a few online resources for just such a thing.

It would primarily require people to use them (like Apprentice) but in order to keep it as a "League" kind of thing much like the original intent of Magic (playing for ante) it would require some bookkeeping and stats in a central location (like here)

Essentially it would be a randomized assortment, limited, and games matched up and cards exchanged (in ante and in trade).

We have run a few of these face to face (each time renewing the set when a new expansion came out, usually trading off valuable cards for new product).

Online, no cost.
"Where are you off to?"