Live Werewolf AAR

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Chaosraven

Live Werewolf AAR

Post by Chaosraven »

This was fascinating.

We had 10 people, and had a random 2-3 wolves.
We had a collection of powered roles, and randomly drew from the pile, so we didn't know which roles made it in.

Stuff new to me:

Whore - sleeps with a target each night. If sleeping with a wolf and chosen as victim, death is prevented (and of course, she now knows that player is a wolf). If sleeping with a player who dies at night, also dies.

Cupido - chooses the 2 Lovers at the start. If one Lover dies, other dies as well. If one is human and one is wolf, have to be last 2 players alive to win.

Thief - chose from roles not alreay in game (powerful, since if the Possibilities are known, knows what is and isn't in the game)

--------------------

The voting was done in this fashion:

If a player accuses another player, an immediate vote is held to see if a majority can be reached.
If majority is not reached, that player was not offered up again on that day.

------------------------------

Sheriff: voted in by players, has 2 votes. If he dies, chooses a successor *immediately*

It was fast paced, adrenaline flowing, and a decent test of spurious logic and manipulation.

I loved it.
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Chaosraven

Re: Live Werewolf AAR

Post by Chaosraven »

Game One -
I was the Seer.
Day 2 I figured the guy who hesitated Day 1 to vote or get involved was a wolf. Hunch was correct.
Checked out the player who shot him a quick glance when the vote started and found a second one that night.

Came forward and offered her up, noting that there could be a third. We lucked out and won.

Game Two-
I was the Whore.
Slept with the chosen victim, who happened to be lovers with the Hunter (kills someone else of his choice when he dies)
Yeah, so FOUR of us died that night (as the hunter shoots a human).
Village lost.

Game Three-
I was the Hunter.
Chosen as Night Victim, I take a wolf out with me.
Seer finds the other one and village wins.

Game Four-
I'm a Human.
Chosen as night victim while Whore at my place.
Village pulls it out and finds ALL THREE wolves.

Game Five-
I'm a Wolf.
Talk the other players into choosing someone a sheriff.
Then they decide to lynch her. She names me as successor.
Get down to 5 players...
...the Seer steps out and names my partner and I as Wolves.
I point out possibility that they could be the 2 wolves.
Offer possibility that he could be the Seer and my partner and I are the wolves.
Play the 2 non-Seer players off of each other by noting that Seer Claim could be fake, and one of them is the other Wolf.
Convince BOTH to vote for the Seer.
:twisted:
"Where are you off to?"
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Wow, Chaos - that was all very fun to read.

I love those new roles. The Whore is hillarious. Could you explain 'the Lovers' a little more? So that's two 'any players' that are cupided by Cupido, I presume they are told they are secretly told they are in love. (I was about to ask if they got their own forum :shock: ) Did these two lovers know eachothers 'main role' (i.e. 'hunter')

The Sheriff seems like a fun new role for us too.

I also like that the "/accuse" is forced to a conclusion on a give person. Or, at least I would like to see how that plays out... It sounds like it could be a nice way to help our "days" move along too perhaps.

Did people pair up and whisper stuff, or were most things all talked about more as a group, etc. Maybe a little of both I guess.

I am totally wanting to play this game live some day.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Unagi wrote:Could you explain 'the Lovers' a little more? So that's two 'any players' that are cupided by Cupido, I presume they are told they are secretly told they are in love. (I was about to ask if they got their own forum :shock: ) Did these two lovers know eachothers 'main role' (i.e. 'hunter')

Night has everyone with their heads down, making noise with their hands (rapping the table) to cover movement and motioning etc.

Cupido points to the two lovers. The Mod taps the two and has them look at each other. They gesture their roles to each other (finger gun as hunter, hand shades eyes as seer, lewd gesture as whore, etc)
I also like that the "/accuse" is forced to a conclusion on a give person. Or, at least I would like to see how that plays out... It sounds like it could be a nice way to help our "days" move along too perhaps.
Essentially, when a player is Accused and a Vote is called, anyone not voting YES is a NO. The mod also told us we'd have a limited amount of time to decide, and within a certain time frame we'd end up with No Lynch if we couldn't find a majority.
Did people pair up and whisper stuff, or were most things all talked about more as a group, etc. Maybe a little of both I guess.

I am totally wanting to play this game live some day.
No talking. All pointing and gestures and mouthing silently.
It was really neat.
"Where are you off to?"

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

fascinating CR, really neat. Where you play it if you dont me asking? you're cheating on OO forum games...*gasp&* anyway, i like the throwing in random roles, that is pretty awesome.
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

Chaosraven wrote:No talking. All pointing and gestures and mouthing silently.
It was really neat.
Thats wild.... when I played we could say what we wanted to each other when we wanted... it was funny.. As the seer one game I outted myself to the 3 people next to me after I had scanned them... more or less made the trusted voting block the wolves couldn't get around. Didn't let anyone else at the table know though... they were all freaking out :)

Vote just had us raise our arms and point at someone... no arm raised was a no vote... You could do it as many times as you wanted...

Never heard of those roles though... someone got bored and made a few dozen...

My friend hoffman (Who works for looney labs) says he wants to design a playing card deck with all the different roles that are out there.

How experienced were the people you were playing with? Were they good liars, did they start a lot of dumb bandwagons early or do the rules pretty much ensure you spend some time debating first with finger pointing and whatnot?
Some claim to be things they aren't.
Some claim things they don't deserve.
Some claim to know more than they ever will.
I don't claim anything, because no one would believe the truth anyways.