HD cloning

For general computer discussion & help, come here

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

UsulofDoom

HD cloning

Post by UsulofDoom »

I have a old Del optoplex pc that died .It will not powerup. It had windows XP running on it with a card reader dial pad contole lock software. It was using a serial interface to connect to this item. It is not on any network and the non profit only used it for this dial pad controle to add and remove pass codes when needed.

I can put the hard drive in a ide to usb reader and copy all the files from the hard drive. I would like to clone the hard drive to a section of my 2T hard drive. This way I will have a copy of the boot drive and be able to clone another if needed. I have an old pc I can put the HD in that has serial ports.

Not sure how I can clone this to part of my 2T hd and or CD,DVD. The old WD200 HD is 20G with a 777M and 440M partitions fat 32 and fat.

Thanks for any help.
If I make a grammar or spelling mistake, PM me. I will correct it. It’s better than you being an asshole!

No one knows the truth, only hypothesis, assumptions, conjectures, speculations, presumptions, guesses and theories.

We are not Gods, but nature. No more than one of many dominate species that will inhabit this planet for a short period of time, on its ever so long journey through the universe.
hitbyambulance

Re: HD cloning

Post by hitbyambulance »

what about taking the PSU from your PC and putting it in this one? although that hard drive is beyond the age where it really should be replaced.

anyways, Acronis free will do what you need.
Anonymous Bosch

Re: HD cloning

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

Here's a useful Chris Titus Tech video walkthrough that demonstrates how to use the FOSS (Free & Open Source Software) Clonezilla:

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke