Crave App issues

For general computer discussion & help, come here

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Rumpy

Crave App issues

Post by Rumpy »

Those of you who use the CraveTV App will probably know what I'm going to ask since it's such a common issue.

Ok, so through my provider, Eastlink, I get Crave + HBO, and I can access the content via our DVR. I just hate how sluggish the DVR is though when it comes to on-demand content, so I figured I'd give the app a try. I downloaded the app via my Roku stick, logged into Crave via my provider and was able to successfully activate the Roku app.

And then we get to the fun stuff. If I try to play anything, and I do mean anything, I don't even get an option to play it. I only ever get the "Subscribe" option, either with Crave content or HBO content. As I said, it seems to be a rather common issue with many frustrated people across multiple providers. I've tried many of the suggestions that I've found while Googling, ie logging out and back in, deleting the app and redownloading it, etc, and all are a no go. It shouldn't be rocket science.

So, has anyone using the App ever encountered the issue, and if so, what did you do to solve it?
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Sudy

Re: Crave App issues

Post by Sudy »

Aren't there only like seven Canadians here? Wouldn't you be better off posting this on Reddit or Redflagdeals? :P

I'm sorry, I don't have any experience with that issue. I use Crave almost exclusively on my Android phone. However, I've had a very frustrating recurring issue with streamed content randomly freezing, probably for a couple of years now. It doesn't appear related to my bandwidth, and the fastest way to resolve it usually seems to be to restart my device. But even then, there will usually be an irregularly long loading time in the app (i.e. 1-2 minutes). I've resorted to sometimes downloading the content I want to watch ahead of time, if I have that option.

It seems that no one's really got video streaming figured out besides Netflix and Youtube. And with them, you usually have to put up with annoying functionality they refuse to let you toggle.

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

It's Crave. You figure there are always issues with it ;)

I can't even find the app on the Play store for my tablet, I guess because it's not supported, so even though I'd like to cast it, I can't. And yeah, I agree, the streaming options here aren't great. Americans really have no idea how much better they have it.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

I use the Crave app on an Android phone and tablet, as well as on a Fire stick, but I haven't had that problem. I vaguely recall having a similar issue streaming TMN (before it became Crave) on my desktop PC via a browser, and IIRC I sorted it out by clearing all the related cookies in the browser and reauthenticating.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch