FireFox questions

For general computer discussion & help, come here

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Daehawk

FireFox questions

Post by Daehawk »

How does one make FF fit a laptop screen? It it too big and seems to go off to the right side. I have the scroll bar on the right but the screen itself seems to go right too far. I would like it to all fit on screen.

I found the ctrl - +/- way but doing that for every page I visit is just wrong.
Last edited by Daehawk on Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Daehawk

Re: How to make FireFox fir the screen

Post by Daehawk »

Also no matter what page I go to since installing FF it says it is not a trusted site or the certificate is bad and it makes me choose to go to it anyways. It does this on EVERY new page I try to go to. If it's one I told was ok it works fine. But this is driving me crazy. It was a fresh in stall of FF and Ive never had this happen before. I've turned all security settings to the lowest I can find.
gilraen

Re: FireFox questions

Post by gilraen »

I would think that maximizing the Firefox window will just make it fit the screen available.

Go to Tools -> Options -> Advanced -> Certificates and make sure that option "Select one automatically" is checked.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Tried that I think but will check. Its giving me so many fits...like google if I use it to search just says something about cannot connect with it or something even though yahoo search is fine. In fact im reinstalling Chrome to see if that works better. it was on here and I deleted it thinking FF would work normal like always. But its been installing Chrome for 2 1/2 hours now. it is installing 1 file at a time. it is on around file 165 now.....tired.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

File 257 and its been downloading Chrome and installing for about 3 1/2 hours.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

If it's taking that long, I'd seriously start thinking of doing a reformat.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ya I gave up and am using IE for now. IE is so protective though it really hates for me to use google or anything that isn't bing or MS stuff lol.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

My backspace key stopped working (on two machines) after the latest FF update. A quick googling only turned up threads from years ago. Anyone have the same problem or know anything about it? (Backspace works fine outside of FF.)

I trust them to fix it in the next update, but it's wicked annoying in the meantime.
Anonymous Bosch

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

Kraken wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:16 pm My backspace key stopped working (on two machines) after the latest FF update. A quick googling only turned up threads from years ago. Anyone have the same problem or know anything about it? (Backspace works fine outside of FF.)

I trust them to fix it in the next update, but it's wicked annoying in the meantime.
Try typing about:config in the address field and make sure browser.backspace_action is set to 2, as explained here:
pcmag.com wrote:Disable Backspace Key

Have you ever accidentally hit the Backspace key on your keyboard, which then brings you back to the previous page you were viewing? This can be especially annoying if you're filling out a form or other page online, and you lose whatever information you entered by going back a page.

In the editor, search for browser.backspace_action. By default, the value is set to 0, which means pressing Backspace sends you back to the previous page. Change the value to 1, and pressing Backspace takes you up the current page one section at a time. Change the value to 2, and pressing Backspace does nothing.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Thanks, setting it to 0 restored the "page back" function that I want. (edit - never mind)