2020 Election Results

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

malchior

Re: 2020 Election Results

Post by malchior »

Smoove_B wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:08 pm Seems like this info should go here:
The Pew Research Center just released its validated voters' report, considered a more accurate measure of the electorate than exit polls, which have the potential for significant inaccuracies.

The new Pew data shows that shifts among suburban voters, white men and independents helped Biden win in November, even while white women and Hispanics swung toward Trump from 2016 to 2020.

This year, however, it appears that Trump did win a majority of white women. Pew found that 53% of white women chose Trump this year, up by 6 points from 2016.
Was not expecting that.
It probably adds support to idea the 'Defund the Police' idiocy had negative impact on Democratic party candidates.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

What the f did that ahole do that would swing anything but away from him? I just don't get people.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

Octavious wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:17 pm What the f did that ahole do that would swing anything but away from him? I just don't get people.
binary thinking? really limited imagination? complete lack of critical thinking faculties?
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

Octavious wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:17 pm What the f did that ahole do that would swing anything but away from him? I just don't get people.
With regard to hispanics, IIUC, Hispanics (or at least some of them) tend to lean conservative. However, they were skeptical of Trump in 2016, but were, I guess, no longer skeptical after seeing him in office.

With regard to white women, my guess would be that Clinton had, for some unknown reason, some special appeal to women voters that Biden didn't have for some reason. (In the same way that, for example, NY was one of the very few states to swing (a little) towards Trump).
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

He hated the same people they hate.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

Defiant wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:24 pm
With regard to hispanics, IIUC, Hispanics (or at least some of them) tend to lean conservative. However, they were skeptical of Trump in 2016, but were, I guess, no longer skeptical after seeing him in office.
Also note that the most aggressive anti-illegal immigration folks I know of are immigrants who went through it legally.
Black Lives Matter

"To wield Grond, the mighty hammer of the Federal Government, is to be intoxicated with power beyond what you and I can reckon (though I figure we can ball park it pretty good with computers and maths). Need to tunnel through a mountain? Grond. Kill a mighty ogre? Grond. Hangnail? Grond. Spider? Grond (actually, that's a legit use, moreso than the rest)." - Peacedog
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I remember the discussions here about the Hispanic vote trending toward Trump, but the women voters have me confused. Unless that whole "creepy Joe Biden" thing worked somehow.

Of all the info, I do think this is important to remember for 2022 and 2024:
However, it's hard to project much into the future about what voters will do based on the past two elections because of their unique turnout numbers.
I bet Nate Silver knows what will happen though.
Maybe next year, maybe no go