Shootings

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

coopasonic

Re: Shootings

Post by coopasonic »

Holman wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:56 pm

Arbery was chased down by white guys in a pickup truck and murdered for Jogging While Black.

Better late than never I guess.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Little Raven

Post by Little Raven »

malchior wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:12 amI'm not too hopeful on the outcome with this majority. I've said before I'm not a terrible fan of how some states (particularly NJ or NY) approve concealed carry licenses but I also don't want to throw the door completely open either.
Presumably, if NJ's existing "may issue" laws are struck down, they'll simply replace them with a new set of "shall issue" laws. The 9 aren't going to say that states can't impose ANY rules - but they may crack down on arbitrary ones.
/. "She climbed backwards out her
\/ window into Outside Over There."
Holman

Post by Holman »

coopasonic wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:15 pm
Holman wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:56 pm

Arbery was chased down by white guys in a pickup truck and murdered for Jogging While Black.

Better late than never I guess.
AG Garland has to work through a backlog.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

May-issue is bullshit. Either I meet the qualifications or not.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Little Raven

Post by Little Raven »

Isgrimnur wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:55 pm May-issue is bullshit. Either I meet the qualifications or not.
That is exactly what I expect the Court will say.

It's what they SHOULD say, anyway.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

San Jose
In one of the Bay Area’s worst mass shootings, a Valley Transportation Authority employee opened fire early Wednesday morning at a VTA light rail yard building, killing eight people and wounding others before taking his own life, authorities said.
The gunman was identified by multiple sources as Samuel Cassidy, a 57-year-old VTA maintenance worker.
There was a heavy police presence at Cassidy’s house in San Jose, where a fire erupted before the shooting and was reported shortly after. Bomb squad technicians were at the scene throughout the day.

Explosive devices also were reported in the VTA building, and bomb dogs alerted to the devices, Smith said. Bomb squads were there as well.
According to Sheriff’s Office spokesman Russell Davis, some of the shooting victims are VTA employees. KTVU reported that it spoke to the mother of an employee who reported that the shooting happened at a union meeting.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Why cant these sick people seek help instead of guns. At the least shoot yourself first.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Holman

Post by Holman »

Daehawk wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 4:50 pm Why cant these sick people seek help instead of guns.
Guess which is easier to get.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Daehawk wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 4:50 pm Why cant these sick people seek help instead of guns.
Mental healthcare is difficult to get and is costly. Not to mention the significant stigma attached to it.

And if they don't have a support structure who notice the issues, they're likely not going to proactively seek help themselves.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Daehawk wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 4:50 pm Why cant these sick people seek help
The same reason that people suffering from anxiety and severe depression don't get help: because it is hard work and painful to have to address the problems.

(Also the social issues, but that's less pointed.)
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

CNN
Police are asking for the public's help in finding whoever opened fire at a Florida club early Sunday, killing at least two people and wounding at least 20 more, Miami-Dade Police Department Director Alfredo Ramirez III said.

Shortly after midnight, a white Nissan Pathfinder pulled up to the El Mula Banquet Hall near Hialeah and three people "stepped out of the vehicle with assault rifles and handguns and started firing indiscriminately into the crowd," Ramirez said.

"The result is 20 to 25 victims with gunshot injury wounds, and two deceased on the scene," he said.

Five victims were taken to Memorial Regional Hospital in Hollywood, Florida. Two of them are in critical condition, according to hospital spokesperson Kerting Baldwin.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Officials worry about a bloody summer

They talk about a lot of potential causes: joblessness, pandemic impacts including long-haul COVID, but oddly don't talk about the political situation in the United States which I have to imagine is a festering storm under everything.
The mayor of Albany never expected to spend her days attending funerals and comforting the families of those killed and injured in a spate of alarming gun violence she finds hard to explain.

Eight people have been fatally shot in New York’s capital city this year, including six in May. Recently, Destiny Greene, 15, was killed in a quiet neighborhood a block from the governor’s mansion after a group of men opened fire during what police later said had been a meetup over a Facebook Marketplace ad.

As the nation marks Memorial Day, the unofficial beginning of summer, many officials are concerned that this is a preview of what they could face in cities nationwide in coming months, when the onset of warm weather almost always marks a rise in violent crime. Some worry that the violence could be especially pronounced this season as Americans emerge back into society after a year of coronavirus-related shutdowns and restrictions.

In Albany, Sheehan last week asked for help from state and federal officials to curb the violence. Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo (D) agreed to deploy the New York State Police to back up the city’s beleaguered police force, which has struggled to keep up with what Sheehan described as a “startling” increase in illegal guns flowing into the community.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Yahoo
Three people were killed and five others were shot at a graduation party in Kendall, Florida, early Sunday, Miami-Dade police said.

A graduation party was wrapping up at a strip mall when two vehicles, a dark Chevy Malibu and a white Toyota Camry, pulled into the parking lot and people inside began firing on the crowd, Police Director Freddy Ramirez said.

Three people were killed, two of them in a vehicle that crashed into Miami-Dade County College Kendall Campus and a woman who was a Florida corrections officer, Ramirez said.
Five other people who were shot were stable, Ramirez said. The victims took themselves to hospitals.

None of the victims were immediately identified.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

NPR
An Ohio man federal prosecutors say is an "incel" was charged in federal court this week with attempting a hate crime for his plot to kill women.

Tres Genco, 21, was arrested Wednesday and is also facing charges related to illegally possessing a machine gun, according to the Justice Department.
Genco's indictment includes startling detail of the months-long efforts prosecutors say he took to plan a mass shooting and to purchase weapons and other equipment to fulfill that goal.
In his posts, he sometimes expressed admiration for Elliot Rodger, who in May 2014, killed six people and injured 14 others. Some of Rodger's victims were shot outside a University of California, Santa Barbara sorority house.
When police searched the trunk of his car, investigators discovered Genco's cache of weapons, which included a firearm with a bump stock attached, several loaded magazines, body armor and boxes of ammunition.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

6 hours, 3 mass shootings.

CHICAGO (WLS) -- At least eight people were shot just before midnight Wednesday in Chicago's Old Town neighborhood in what was the third mass shooting for the city in a six-hour span.

The U.S. Justice Department is hoping to deter violence like what happened Wednesday, and on Thursday the DOJ is set to formally launch its gun trafficking strike force initiative in Chicago.
Not national news. Why?
"It appears to be a targeted attack. It looks like the driver of the vehicle and the shooter who is not driving the vehicle knew exactly who they were going after," he said. "They targeted this bus. It's possible they were following the bus."

Police are still looking into a motive. Alderman Hopkins said none of the witnesses are cooperating.

"After a day in the City Council where we spent all of our time talking about how we don't trust the police and here is a situation where the police responded to an active mass shooting within 60 seconds," Hopkins said.

He said the police are not the problem, but illegal guns and gang activity are.

Hours before the Old Town shooting, there were two separate mass shooting in North Lawndale, in which a 14-year-old boy was killed. Nine others were hurt, including four teenagers.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Dont worry.
More bureaucracy will fix the problem!!

https://chicago.suntimes.com/city-hall/ ... dence-vote
He/Him/His/Porcupine
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

AP News
A man accused of killing eight people, most of them women of Asian descent, at Atlanta-area massage businesses pleaded guilty to murder Tuesday in four of the killings and was handed four sentences of life without parole.

Robert Aaron Long, 22, still faces the death penalty in the four other deaths, which are being prosecuted in a different county. The string of shootings at three different businesses in March ignited outrage and fueled fear among Asian Americans, who were already facing increased hostility at the time linked to the coronavirus pandemic. Many were particularly upset when authorities suggested Long’s crimes were not racially motivated but instead born of a sex addiction, which is not recognized as an official disorder.

In comments sure to further frustrate those who believe Long targeted Asian women, a prosecutor reiterated Tuesday that Cherokee County investigators saw no evidence of racial bias. That’s at odds with the hate crime enhancement that Long, who is white, faces just miles away in the four deaths in Atlanta.

“This was not any kind of hate crime,” District Attorney Shannon Wallace said.
All of the Atlanta victims were of Asian descent.

In Atlanta, Long could be sentenced to death if convicted in the four deaths. There, he also faces charges of aggravated assault and domestic terrorism in addition to murder, and prosecutors have said they will seek to have the deaths classified as a hate crime.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

That was my impression when it happened. It sounded like he reacted with violence to his shame related to a business that just happened to be primarily Asian.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

malchior wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 9:25 am Officials worry about a bloody summer

They talk about a lot of potential causes: joblessness, pandemic impacts including long-haul COVID, but oddly don't talk about the political situation in the United States which I have to imagine is a festering storm under everything.

i'm seeing a higher-than-usual number of reports over the past months of more-extreme-than-usual antisocial behavior, almost certainly from emotionally-stunted individuals who don't find any other outlet to their anxieties and fears other than 'acting out'. https://www.startribune.com/two-large-f ... 600081368/
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Plymouth
A young man who killed five people, including his mother, and then took his own life in Britain’s first mass shooting in over a decade had complained online about difficulties meeting women and being “beaten down” by life.

Police said Friday the motive for the shootings was unclear but there were no immediate signs that the crime was an act of terrorism or the 22-year-old gunman had connections to extremist groups.

They identified the shooter as Jake Davison, 22, and said he had a gun license, but revealed few other details. Witnesses reported that he used a pump-action shotgun, police said, though they wouldn’t confirm what type of weapon it was and whether it was the one Davison was licensed to use.
Police responded to multiple emergency calls at 6:11 p.m. Thursday arrived six minutes later at an address in Plymouth’s Keyham neighborhood, where Davison had shot and killed his mother, 51-year-old Maxine Davison, also known as Maxine Chapman.

According to police accounts, Davison left the house and immediately shot and killed a 3-year-old girl, Sophie Martyn, and her father, Lee Martyn, 43. He then shot and wounded two other people down the street whom police haven’t identified.

Police said Davison moved on to a park where he shot Stephen Washington, 59, who died at the scene, and then to a nearby street, where he shot Kate Shepherd, 66 on a nearby street. She died later in hospital.

Eyewitnesses reported that Davison shot himself before police arrived.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Well that's freaking horrible. I can't imagine how messed up in the head you have to be to shoot a 3 year old girl. :evil:
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
Little Raven

Post by Little Raven »

Octavious wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 2:33 pmI can't imagine how messed up in the head you have to be to shoot a 3 year old girl. :evil:
He had, in his own words, been “ODing on black pills.”

Anyone who has spent any time in the incel community knows just what a horrible idea that is. :cry:
UsulofDoom

Post by UsulofDoom »

Just to update reference to things that shoot to kill.
David Muir reported today that AK 47s are not to be referred to as assault weapons but Long Guns. That’s what he reported that the Taliban were holding that were threating the Afghanistan people trying to get to the airport today on ABC news.
If I make a grammar or spelling mistake, PM me. I will correct it. It’s better than you being an asshole!

No one knows the truth, only hypothesis, assumptions, conjectures, speculations, presumptions, guesses and theories.

We are not Gods, but nature. No more than one of many dominate species that will inhabit this planet for a short period of time, on its ever so long journey through the universe.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Little Raven wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:20 pmHe had, in his own words, been “ODing on black pills.”
Sparing anyone else the rabbit hole:
Wikipedia wrote:The "black pill" generally refers to a set of commonly-held beliefs in incel communities, which include biological determinism, fatalism, and defeatism for unattractive people.[88] Believers are referred to as being "blackpilled".[89] The black pill has been described by Vox correspondent Zack Beauchamp as "a profoundly sexist ideology that ... amounts to a fundamental rejection of women's sexual emancipation, labeling women shallow, cruel creatures who will choose only the most attractive men if given the choice".[35] The term was first popularized on the blog Omega Virgin Revolt, where it represented a belief that the entire social system was broken and that one's place in the system was not something any individual could change.[65][87] An incel who has "taken the black pill" has adopted the belief that they are hopeless, and that their lack of success romantically and sexually is permanent regardless of any changes they might try to make to their physical appearance, personality, or other characteristics.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Because men wouldn't only choose the most attractive women if "given the choice"? Right.
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Octavious wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 2:33 pm Well that's freaking horrible. I can't imagine how messed up in the head you have to be to shoot a 3 year old girl. :evil:
INCELs are as repugnant as it gets. And their primary demographic largely overlaps the mass shooter demo.
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:51 am
Octavious wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 2:33 pm Well that's freaking horrible. I can't imagine how messed up in the head you have to be to shoot a 3 year old girl. :evil:
INCELs are as repugnant as it gets. And their primary demographic largely overlaps the mass shooter demo.
I had no idea this was a thing until recently. So many different types of crazy to keep up with.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

MYT
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Ex-prosecutor indicted for misconduct in Ahmaud Arbery death investigation
Attorney General Chris Carr on Thursday announced the indictment of former District Attorney Jackie Johnson, who was strongly criticized over the way she handled the Ahmaud Arbery case.

Johnson was indicted on charges of violation of oath of public officer and obstruction of a police officer. The charges, as alleged in the indictment, are related to the investigation surrounding the deadly shooting of Arbery.

Specifically, the indictment (in full at end of the article) accuses Johnson in February 2020 of violating her oath as district attorney “by showing favor and affection to Greg McMichael during the investigation...”

Johnson also failed “to treat Ahmaud Arbery and his family fairly and with dignity,” the indictment states. It alleges that after Arbery’s death, Johnson sought the assistance of Waycross Judicial Circuit District Attorney George Barnhill and, after disqualifying her for office, recommended Barnhill to the Attorney General’s Office for appointment as the case prosecutor without disclosing that she had previously sought Barnhill’s assistance on the case.
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

Gun company Remington has subpoenaed the report cards, attendance records, and disciplinary records of five kindergarten and first grade students murdered in the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting, according to new court filings in a civil lawsuit filed against the company.

“In mid-July, the defense served a subpoena on the Newtown Public School District seeking: ‘Any and all educational records in your possession including but not limited to, application and admission paperwork, attendance records, transcripts, report cards, disciplinary records, correspondence and any and all other educational information and records pertaining to’ each of the five first-graders whose Estates are plaintiffs in this case,” according to the motion filed today that sought to protect the victims’ families from further subpoenas. “There is no conceivable way that these [records] will assist Remington in its defense, and the plaintiffs do not understand why Remington would invade the families’ privacy with such a request. Nonetheless, this personal and private information has been produced to Remington.”
https://www.vice.com/en/article/akgpdg/ ... k-shooting
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

They're planning to what, engage in kindergarten character assassination?
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Blackhawk wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 6:14 pm They're planning to what, engage in kindergarten character assassination?
Assassination.... not best word choice.
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Blackhawk wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 6:14 pm They're planning to what, engage in kindergarten character assassination?
Their defense is obligated to do this. It's disgusting but there are millions of creditor's potential $ that they have to defend.

MYT
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

"Your son Timmy, it seems, didn't work and play well with others. How do you think that factored into the events of that morning, Mrs. Smith?"

Seriously, and inappropriate jokes aside, what relevance do the grades of kindergartener victims have for the defense? What possible information would these papers contain that would, in any way, be relevant to the murder's actions or Remington's liability/lack thereof?
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:43 pm
Their defense is obligated to do this.
But to do what? How in even the most remote and possible weak way could this server them? I can't even think of a scummy way it would be used, tbh.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

North Lakeland, FL
Four people were killed, an 11-year-old girl was shot and deputies came under fire early Sunday in a neighborhood in North Lakeland, Florida.

Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd said the shootings took place at 4:30 a.m. in two separate houses.

Judd said two separate shootouts occurred "in short order" between police and the suspect, who surrendered after being wounded. Lakeland police and troopers from the Florida Highway Patrol were also involved. After the suspect was in custody, police discovered an 11-year-old girl who had been shot "multiple times," as well as a man, two women and an infant dead.

No police were injured in the shootout.

Judd said the suspect, whom he did not identify, was a survivalist "who came for a gunfight." He said the suspect admitted to using methamphetamine.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

South Carolina
A lawyer from a prominent South Carolina legal family who found his wife and son shot to death at their home three months ago and was injured days ago when a bullet grazed his head as he changed a tire was taking money from his law firm, the business said late Monday.

The statement from PMPED law firm came hours after Alex Murdaugh said he was resigning and entering rehab.

The PMPED law firm said it will hire an accounting firm to fully review its books. It didn't say how much money might be missing, but said Murdaugh was no longer associated with them in any way.
The statement came two days after investigators said Murdaugh was able to call 911 after he was hurt Saturday afternoon on Salkehatchie Road in Hampton County.

“Alex resigned after being accused of diverting lawyer fees from the firm," said Murdaugh’s attorney Jim Griffin. "These allegations prompted him to confront a dependency and he voluntarily checked into an in-patient substance abuse rehab facility after being discharged from the hospital today.”
I'm just waiting on his murder for hire, embezzlement, and faking an attack for a botched suicide attempt charges.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Tom Cruise could play him in a movie. He made The Firm after all.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Unagi wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:35 pm
LawBeefaroni wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:43 pm
Their defense is obligated to do this.
But to do what? How in even the most remote and possible weak way could this server them? I can't even think of a scummy way it would be used, tbh.
Mount a defense. What their strategy is I have no idea. It's sick and baffling but it's their call. They requested 5 student records and several of the staff/teachers.

MYT