No
12%
Not sure
12%

Total votes: 110

Daehawk

Re: will marijuana ever be legal???

Post by Daehawk »

As a red state in the south I doubt we'll see any headway even for at least 10 years...if then. We'd rather have millions of guns and no good broadband options.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
UsulofDoom

Post by UsulofDoom »

Do the states allow you to grow your own? I heard CA does and you can have a co-op to grow 3 plants per prescription. You can brew wine ,beer and alcohol for personal consumption in every state now.

CT is going 1 1/2 ounce is ok to possess in 2022.

Since you don't trust the police, they could put some waters in the sample. So we should have a different way of weighing the item.
If I make a grammar or spelling mistake, PM me. I will correct it. It’s better than you being an asshole!

No one knows the truth, only hypothesis, assumptions, conjectures, speculations, presumptions, guesses and theories.

We are not Gods, but nature. No more than one of many dominate species that will inhabit this planet for a short period of time, on its ever so long journey through the universe.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

UsulofDoom wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:46 am Do the states allow you to grow your own?
In MA the limit is 6 plants per adult, maximum 12. I cut my grow room in half to comply, but I stepped up the quality so it's all good. NJ's new law allows them 2 plants per household.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Seth Rogen thinks so:

Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

I walked into the local dispensary and said "give me the worst shit you got". She laughed.
It was still too good.......
I remember when I used to be able to smoke a whole joint by myself.
Now I get high off 1 hit.
REALLY high if it's a good hit......
He/Him/His/Porcupine
malchior

Post by malchior »

Live in a state where marijuana is legalized? Use it at own peril if you want federal employment.

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

wth
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

It is known.

And plenty of other employers also require the whiz quiz (and random additional piss tests) if you want gainful employment.
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Yo Stimpers. Criticism of Biden ahoy. He is not a stoner.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

Poop in the cup, it's the only way to pass.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

New York lawmakers reach a deal to legalize recreational marijuana, source says
New York State lawmakers have reached a deal to legalize recreational marijuana, a legislative source familiar with negotiations told CNN Wednesday, stating lawmakers were finalizing bill language to be passed next week.
"The Cannabis Law" legislation would create a new Office of Cannabis Management (OCM) controlled by a Cannabis Control Board, according to an internal legislative memo obtained by CNN.
The proposal would eventually allow New Yorkers over the age of 21 to grow their own plants in their homes, and a 13% tax would be tacked on to retail sales for state and local tax revenue.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Indiana finally passed a marijuana bill. After a dozen bills a year for the last five years covering everything from medical use to legalization have been refused so much as a hearing, Indiana finally passed a bill loosening the law on marijuana.

Now, if you're busted driving with pot in your blood, you won't be prosecuted, as long as: A) it was a miniscule amount, B) you weren't impaired in any way (ie - passed the sobriety test), C) weren't involved in any traffic accident, and D) it was discovered only by a chemical test.

That should keep two, maybe three people a year from getting a misdemeanor and a small fine! Progress!
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Z-Corn wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:42 am Poop in the cup, it's the only way to pass.
Ummmmmm........

stimpy wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:02 pm The first time I went to the doctors office by myself, I was given a cup by the nurse and told to urinate in it.
I proceeded to poop in it, not knowing what "urinate" meant..
He/Him/His/Porcupine
Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

stimpy wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:21 am
Z-Corn wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:42 am Poop in the cup, it's the only way to pass.
Ummmmmm........

stimpy wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:02 pm The first time I went to the doctors office by myself, I was given a cup by the nurse and told to urinate in it.
I proceeded to poop in it, not knowing what "urinate" meant..
See? It's a peer reviewed fact!
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Lol.

I’m guessing this only helped feed your dislike of fancy intellectuals and their big words.
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Unagi wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:28 am Lol.

I’m guessing this only helped feed your dislike of fancy intellectuals and their big words.
Hang on while I Google "intellectuals"........
He/Him/His/Porcupine
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Me and my wife took her friend to my wife's doctor for a checkup. He was Indian with a very bad accent. He gave her a stool test to take home and put stool on it.As we left she asked why he would want her to put stew on it. Cracked my wife up for years.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Schumer says put your hands in the air.
What role does President Biden play in this? He does not support the full legalization of cannabis. Are you worried that he could veto this bill if it passes?

Well, he said he'd like to see more information on the issue. I respect that. I certainly will have an ongoing conversation with him, and tell him how my views evolved. And hope that his will to.

Will the Senate move forward even if the president's views do not evolve on this?

We will move forward. He said he's studying the issue, so obviously want to give him a little time to study it. I want to make my arguments to him, as many other advocates will. But at some point we're going to move forward, period.
Does it remove marijuana completely from the Controlled Substances Act?

Oh, you'll have to wait. I don't want to get into the details of our bill. You'll have to wait and see.

The vice president sponsored the [comprehensive legalization legislation] MORE Act in the previous Congress. Has she been involved at all in these legalization talks?

We would like to get her involved, but we have not yet.

You said that the timeline on this bill is soon. Does that mean that we're going to see it in the next two weeks?

I'll stick to what I said: soon.

(Sorry about the italics; those are not my formatting)
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

No way Biden vetoes it. He is just hand wringing to appear sober.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Mayor of Birmingham, AL pardoning 15,000 marijuana convictions. Rare enlightenment in the deep south. Who knew the mayor had this power?
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Biden's DEA allowing MJ growing for study. Could conceivably become a cash crop for the U.S.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

Good. That busted-ass farm in Mississippi has had zero innovation, ever.

Time for private parties that have spent the time and effort to push cutting edge tech all while operating illegally be allowed to use their experiences above ground to truly advance the medical studies.
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

Amazon is throwing its weight behind federal legislation to legalize marijuana and pledging to no longer screen some of its workers for the drug.

In a blog post Tuesday, Amazon’s consumer boss, Dave Clark, said the company supports the Marijuana Opportunity Reinvestment and Expungement Act, reintroduced in the House late last month. The MORE Act would decriminalize cannabis at the federal level, expunge criminal records and invest in impacted communities.
Amazon said it would adjust its corporate drug testing policy for some of its workers. The company will no longer include marijuana in its drug screening program for any positions not regulated by the Department of Transportation, Clark said.
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/01/amazon- ... uana-.html
malchior

Post by malchior »

Reefer madness in NJ - those whipper snappers with their jazz!
NJ’s new marijuana law blamed for out-of-control party in Long Branch

Part of the attraction of the Jersey Shore for social media parties like Saturday's at Pier Village is New Jersey's law that makes it a third-degree crime for a police officer to interrogate or ask questions about possible alcohol and marijuana, according to Monmouth County Sheriff Shaun Golden.

Large crowds gathered at the beachfront shopping and residential area in Long Branch Saturday night, promoted on social media, according to Long Branch Director of Public Safety Domingos Saldida.

The manager of Stewart's Root Beer told New Jersey 101.5 employees voluntarily clean up damage at the restaurant to clean up damage after what he called "mayhem."

Golden said the invitation for the weekend party said "BYOW" and "BYOB": bring your own weed and bring your own booze.
Then we get to the meat of the matter and the most important factor - police officials whining about not being able to abuse people's rights.
"One of the misleading things that's going around about the marijuana law is this misnomer that you can smoke and drink on the beach at the boardwalk. Some of the towns have posted no smoking at all, no marijuana, no cigarettes, no nothing," Golden said.

But if there's no ordinance can someone light up a joint?

"In the legal sense, yeah. With the underage it's a third-degree crime for an officer to interrogate or ask questions. This makes it difficult to actually enforce the law for underage alcohol and pot," Golden said.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

My town voted 70% in favor of recreational marijuana but the local elected officials just voted to ban all retail sales (no businesses can set up shop in town). There's going to be some real growing pains over this, at least as far as I can tell.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Good job Minnesota, tricking the Republicans into legalizing edibles:
Hemp and cannabidiol (CBD) products were already legal in Minnesota provided they contained less than 0.3% delta-9 THC, the primary intoxicant in marijuana. But that legal threshold did not apply to delta-8 THC, an intoxicating cousin of delta-9. As a result, delta-8 products were widely sold in the state in various forms and at dosages high enough to pose health risks.

The new law's milligram requirements apply to any form of THC, reining in the delta-8 market while also allowing the sale and purchase of traditional THC edibles and beverages.

Starting Friday, CBD and THC products must be clearly labeled and sold only to those 21 or older. Edibles must be in child-proof and tamper-evident packages, have clearly defined serving sizes and carry the label, "Keep this product out of reach of children."
But what happened?
It's unclear if leaders of the Republican-controlled Minnesota Senate fully realized the law would legalize delta-9 THC edibles before they agreed to pass it. Sen. Michelle Benson, R-Ham Lake, said she knew it would but "did not discuss that specifically" with Republican Senate Majority Leader Jeremy Miller, R-Winona.

Benson, chair of the Senate Human Services Licensing Policy Committee, said she and some other lawmakers were interested in capping dosages of delta-8 THC, which existed in an unregulated gray area. But to regulate any type of THC, as the new law does, "you have to pick an amount to measure by," she said.

Sen. Jim Abeler, R-Anoka, who chairs the Senate Human Services Reform Finance and Policy Committee, said he didn't realize the new law would legalize edibles containing delta-9 THC before it passed. He thought the law would only regulate delta-8 THC products.

"I thought we were doing a technical fix, and it winded up having a broader impact than I expected," Abeler said, adding that the Legislature should consider rolling the new law back.
Just a suggestion here - maybe consider reading and understanding what you're voting on? Try it.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

I think the farther right that our govt and institutions move (note I do don’t say population), the less chance we have if any kind of federal movement on decriminalization. .
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Yeah, I don't know anymore, but this graphic is funny (scroll through)

Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Outside of NC, the gray states are essentially the shittiest in the country.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Jaymann wrote:Outside of NC, the gray states are essentially the shittiest in the country.
I appreciate that. I like to think we are the middle-man keeping South Carolina's complete trashpile away from Virginia's awesomeness.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

TN is a pile of shit.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Jaymann wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:58 pm Outside of NC, the gray states are essentially the shittiest in the country.
Yeah, Florida is a real gem these days. Trump AND DeSantis all in one place.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Washington, D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser (D) has signed a bill that bans most workplaces from firing or otherwise punishing employees for marijuana use.
The new legislation would “prohibit employers from firing, failing to hire, or taking other personnel actions against an individual for use of cannabis, participating in the medical cannabis program, or failure to pass an employer-required or requested cannabis drug test, unless the position is designated safety sensitive or for other enumerated reasons,” according to the text.
Presumably it doesn't apply to federal employees?
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:21 pm
Jaymann wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:58 pm Outside of NC, the gray states are essentially the shittiest in the country.
Don’t forget Matt Gaetz !
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Unagi wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:36 am
Carpet_pissr wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:21 pm
Don’t forget Matt Gaetz !
His district is essentially more coastal Alabama.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Step by step...

Biden to pardon all federal offenses of simple marijuana possession
President Biden announced major steps toward decriminalizing marijuana possession Thursday, issuing mass pardons for anyone convicted of federal crimes for simply possessing the drug, and urging governors to do the same.

He also called for his administration to expedite a review of whether marijuana should continue to be listed as a Schedule I substance.

“Too many lives have been upended because of our failed approach to marijuana. It’s time that we right these wrongs,” Biden said in a video statement announcing the actions. “I’m announcing a pardon of all prior federal offenses of simple possession of marijuana. There are thousands of people who were convicted for marijuana possession who may be denied employment, housing, or educational opportunities as a result. My pardon will remove this burden on them.”
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Very small pool from what I can tell. Not many people get federal sentences for "simple possession." We're talking 1000s from what I've seen.

Great first step but it's a skirmish, not the end of the war.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
malchior

Post by malchior »

The right is totally not going to overreact to that!
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

malchior wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:53 pm The right is totally not going to overreact to that!
But what's more important now? Gas prices? Election integrity? Hocus Pocus 2? Relaxed laws on Jazz Cabbage? Velma being a lesbian?

EDIT: Fret forgive me
Last edited by Smoove_B on Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

malchior wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:53 pm The right is totally not going to overreact to that!
Let's hope the stoners do.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter