MLB 2021 Post Season

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Jaymann

MLB 2021 Post Season

Post by Jaymann »

No Joke, it starts today.

Can anyone stop the Dodgers? Probably not the Angels. When the ace of your staff is Dylan Bundy, you know your rotation is...
Last edited by Jaymann on Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Sudy

Re: MLB 2021 Regular Season

Post by Sudy »

I feel like anything during covid "doesn't count" and isn't worthy of my attention. At any moment, the majority of one's team could wind up on the DL. :?

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I don't want to get hurt again, but man it' hard to not be optimistic about this season. I don't expect that they will win it all, but making the playoffs would be nice. It's ridiculous how little they have been in the playoffs under the Coupons. 6 times since 1986. 6... How was I still following them? :lol:
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

And the Mets game is postponed due to covid. That didn't take look. :evil:
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Octavious wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:21 am And the Mets game is postponed due to covid. That didn't take look. :evil:
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I'm the king of bizarre typos. :lol: I'd blame my phone, but that was on the computer. It was covid rage.

$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Octavious wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:21 am And the Mets game is postponed due to covid. That didn't take look. :evil:
I was looking forward to the Scherzer vs De Grom face off. And I would say “And the Nationals game is postponed due to COVID.” :P
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Looks like the only game cancelled today. Figures... I was really looking forward to watching that tonight. :x

Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

Octavious wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:16 pm Looks like the only game cancelled today. Figures... I was really looking forward to watching that tonight. :x
Baltimore / Boston got bumped until tomorrow too.
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

Hey! I do this thread every year :(

Me and the local Giants fan have to get things going the right way!
Black Lives Matter
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Baroquen wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:31 pm
Octavious wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:16 pm Looks like the only game cancelled today. Figures... I was really looking forward to watching that tonight. :x
Baltimore / Boston got bumped until tomorrow too.
Baltimore should be bumped from the league. They have Matt Harvey as their number two starter. :lol:

Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Lorini wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:34 pm Hey! I do this thread every year :(
I waited until the last minute to give you the opportunity, but it was practically first pitch. And naednek has already thrown down the gauntlet in the off season thread.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

Jaymann wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:19 pm
Lorini wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:34 pm Hey! I do this thread every year :(
I waited until the last minute to give you the opportunity, but it was practically first pitch. And naednek has already thrown down the gauntlet in the off season thread.
It was nowhere near first pitch for the West coast where the World Champion Dodgers are. Have fun.
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Red Sox opening day is postponed due to rain. Honestly I'm not all that excited for the new season, because it doesn't really feel like they're trying to win. That said, I'll watch some of it, and I'm looking forward to (hopefully) getting back to Fenway at least once.
Black Lives Matter.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

It's almost as if people are the problem.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Padres win.
Dodgers lose.
Yankees lose.
Angels win.

I love opening day since anyone can be undefeated, in first place. Even if it is just for a day.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Exodor

Post by Exodor »

Royals put up two touchdowns and win 14-10. :mrgreen:

The offense looked great. The pitching looked... less great.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Hopefully they play today... I'd say there is a solid chance that they don't, but we'll see. Lindor has to hit about 15 HRs in his first game to not have 8 million comments that he sucks and he's overpaid by tomorrow. :P

pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Octavious wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:28 am Hopefully they play today... I'd say there is a solid chance that they don't, but we'll see. Lindor has to hit about 15 HRs in his first game to not have 8 million comments that he sucks and he's overpaid by tomorrow. :P
The Nats had 2, maybe 3, more positive tests. They aren't playing today (this was announced yesterday before the additional positives), and who knows if they're playing at all this weekend.
Hodor.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

pr0ner wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:12 am
Octavious wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:28 am Hopefully they play today... I'd say there is a solid chance that they don't, but we'll see. Lindor has to hit about 15 HRs in his first game to not have 8 million comments that he sucks and he's overpaid by tomorrow. :P
The Nats had 2, maybe 3, more positive tests. They aren't playing today (this was announced yesterday before the additional positives), and who knows if they're playing at all this weekend.

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Today is the first day that the Red Sox have been ahead of the Yankees in the standings since 2018. I'm going to enjoy it, as who knows when it will come around again.
Black Lives Matter.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Exodor wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:11 am Royals put up two touchdowns and win 14-10. :mrgreen:

The offense looked great. The pitching looked... less great.
Both pitching staffs looked to be n peak offseason form.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Octavious, the entire series is postponed. Earliest you'll get to see the Mets is Monday.
Hodor.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

malchior

Post by malchior »

I hate to be a spoiled Yankees fan but this extra inning runner on 2nd rule is dumb. There had to be a better way to speed up the game.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

MLB has moved their All Star Game out of Atlanta for this year. New location TBD.
Hodor.
Exodor

Post by Exodor »

malchior wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:44 pm I hate to be a spoiled Yankees fan but this extra inning runner on 2nd rule is dumb. There had to be a better way to speed up the game.
I disliked the rule until I saw so many Yankee fans whining on twitter about it. :wink:
malchior

Post by malchior »

Exodor wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:12 pm
malchior wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:44 pm I hate to be a spoiled Yankees fan but this extra inning runner on 2nd rule is dumb. There had to be a better way to speed up the game.
I disliked the rule until I saw so many Yankee fans whining on twitter about it. :wink:
Fair enough. Even so, I didn't think it worked when they trialed it but to see it on opening day...it's terrible. And even though the Yankees blew it the fact remains that I think in time we will see it overwhelmingly favoring the home team.
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

He/Him/His/Porcupine
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

When was the last time a starting pitcher in the American League hit a (monster) home run in the first inning? Babe Ruth?
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Hrdina

Post by Hrdina »

Jaymann wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:48 pm When was the last time a starting pitcher in the American League hit a (monster) home run in the first inning? Babe Ruth?
Was it a coincidence that I got a YT ad for a personal injury lawyer while watching this video?
Conform or be cast out!
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Well that's a wrap on the season. It was a nice run.
Black Lives Matter.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

El Guapo wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:17 pm Well that's a wrap on the season. It was a nice run.
It only took 73 years to equal that record.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Brutal start for the Mets. Leading the whole way and then tossing it away in the 8th. I saw that coming from a mile away, but what ya going to do. First game of the season and they had to sit waiting for a while.

naednek

Post by naednek »

Hrdina wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:42 am
Jaymann wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:48 pm When was the last time a starting pitcher in the American League hit a (monster) home run in the first inning? Babe Ruth?
Was it a coincidence that I got a YT ad for a personal injury lawyer while watching this video?

DH is still a thing right?
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

That Ohtani HR was crushed. Just crazy. And the play that took him out of the game was brutal to watch. Not him crashing to the ground, but the horrible defense. That game was the one won with the walk-off homer, right? Fun game to watch overall.

Orioles looked great in Boston. Then, walked four guys in a row vs NYY and brought in a reliever straight off the Paternity list who hasn't pitched in a week or so to face Stanton w/ the bases loaded. Not sure what Hyde was thinking. He later brought in a rule 5 kid who hasn't pitched above A ball to face Judge with 1-outs & the bases loaded again. (The kid got out of it and pitched well, but still... geez). None of that matter if they can't score a run though.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

That's so weird that they played well against the Red Sox and poorly against the Yankees. I wonder what could cause that.
Black Lives Matter.
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

If I've learned one thing about watching baseball over the years, it's that you shouldn't trust opening day results as a predictor of anything. If I've learned a second thing, it's that you absolutely should trust the results of the three games immediately following opening day.

In conclusion, Go Cubs!
That's my purse! I don't know you!
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

I think that they should decide the playoff seeding based primarily on the 4th game of the season.
Black Lives Matter.