MLB 2021 Post Season

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Lorini

Re: MLB 2021 Regular Season

Post by Lorini »

I thought the Dodgers were going to be good this year. Who knew.
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I'd like to thank the Twins for keeping from having to watch 8 innings against Cleveland.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Isgrimnur wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:02 pm I'd like to thank the Twins for keeping from having to watch 8 innings against Cleveland.
I tuned in for some afternoon baseball. I lasted about 5 seconds when I saw they were about to invoke the mercy rule.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Lorini wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:00 pm I thought the Dodgers were going to be good this year. Who knew.
That they'd be tied with the Giants for 1st in the West?
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

They murdered the umpire with a foul ball. Haven't seen that in a long time.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

No run support. Feel like I've seen this before. Degrom should just walk around the dugout and punch people.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Poor DeGrom. Did he offend all the Mets batters or something?
Black Lives Matter.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Story of his career. Worst run support of any pitcher in MLB history. There were like 29ks in that game. They really need to do something about the offense.

Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Sorry it was a combined 30 strikeouts. There's just too many strikeouts now it's not fun to watch. Sure this was Degrom but this is a lot of games.

ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

Meanwhile, pitching lines for the Cubs last night:

Actual pitchers (2 - Hendricks, Mills): 6 IP, 16 H, 10 R, 10 ER, 1 BB, 5 K, 5 HR
Position players (3 - Rizzo, Duffy, Sogard): 2 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 1 K, 0 HR

The one K for the position players was Rizzo striking out Freeman.
That's my purse! I don't know you!
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

ImLawBoy wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:02 am

The chatter between those two at 1st will be epic.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Red Sox are 8-1 on the road, and 8-8 at home. Seems like they should stay away more often.
Black Lives Matter.
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

Pyperkub wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:34 pm
Lorini wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:00 pm I thought the Dodgers were going to be good this year. Who knew.
The belief is that the Giants will revert to the Giants of the past three years fairly soon but we'll see.
Black Lives Matter
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:28 am
ImLawBoy wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:02 am

The chatter between those two at 1st will be epic.
Rizzo said he's going to mail the ball and a photo to Freeman to get both signed to commemorate the strikeout.
Hodor.
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

El Guapo wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:30 am Red Sox are 8-1 on the road, and 8-8 at home. Seems like they should stay away more often.
Come play at Dodger stadium! You'll have a fine time, trust me.
Black Lives Matter
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Lorini wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:27 am
El Guapo wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:30 am Red Sox are 8-1 on the road, and 8-8 at home. Seems like they should stay away more often.
Come play at Dodger stadium! You'll have a fine time, trust me.
The Padres certainly did. ;)
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

The Reds show up with a 7 game losing streak and take two out of three from the so called world champions. I mean seriously!
Black Lives Matter
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Lorini wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:39 am
The belief is that the Giants will revert to the Giants of the past three years fairly soon but we'll see.
The starting pitching for the Giants has been really good, just about every start is a quality start. Bullpen (the main issue for years) has been a lot better too, though still sketchy sometimes. Of course, the Dodgers have long had bullpen issues as well.

Buster Posey also looks to be back to his All Star levels again as well, which has been missing for a couple of years. The extra time off really helped him. currently hitting .351 with an OPS of 1.080. Haven't seen that from him in awhile.

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Mets are off and play in Philly tomorrow. Maybe they can muster more than two hits tomorrow. One can dream. :lol:

Lorini

Post by Lorini »

Pyperkub wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:31 pm
The starting pitching for the Giants has been really good, just about every start is a quality start. Bullpen (the main issue for years) has been a lot better too, though still sketchy sometimes. Of course, the Dodgers have long had bullpen issues as well.

Buster Posey also looks to be back to his All Star levels again as well, which has been missing for a couple of years. The extra time off really helped him. currently hitting .351 with an OPS of 1.080. Haven't seen that from him in awhile.
All of this is bad news. Damn.
Black Lives Matter
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Lorini wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:56 pm
Pyperkub wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:31 pm

All of this is bad news. Damn.
Eh, it will make it more fun when they finally play. The ESPN drool over Padres/Dodgers is a bit over the top (but FAR better than Sox/Yanks ESPN drool).

Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Fitting..Image

naednek

Post by naednek »

I just wanted to share this picture I found...

Enlarge Image
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Geez last time I looked the Dodgers had like 2 losses. Guess they had a rough 2 weeks when I wasn't paying attention.

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Octavious wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:01 pm Geez last time I looked the Dodgers had like 2 losses. Guess they had a rough 2 weeks when I wasn't paying attention.
Same - last time I read about the Dodgers it was an article that was asking whether they had a shot at breaking the single-season wins record. That was all of like 2 - 3 weeks ago.
Black Lives Matter.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

El Guapo wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:10 pm
Octavious wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:01 pm Geez last time I looked the Dodgers had like 2 losses. Guess they had a rough 2 weeks when I wasn't paying attention.
Same - last time I read about the Dodgers it was an article that was asking whether they had a shot at breaking the single-season wins record. That was all of like 2 - 3 weeks ago.
On the plus side, they still have a shot at the blown saves record.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

Huh? They've only had two blown saves. Most of the time they are already losing by the time the 9th rolls around.
Black Lives Matter
naednek

Post by naednek »

Lorini wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:44 pm Huh? They've only had two blown saves. Most of the time they are already losing by the time the 9th rolls around.
Might be a rough weekend too. Playing 1st place Milwaukee. We got San Diego though. Might stay even
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

naednek wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:57 pm
Lorini wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:44 pm Huh? They've only had two blown saves. Most of the time they are already losing by the time the 9th rolls around.
Might be a rough weekend too. Playing 1st place Milwaukee. We got San Diego though. Might stay even
Brewers don't have Yelich. If only we had players who could actually hit the ball.
Black Lives Matter
Hrdina

Post by Hrdina »

Octavious wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:47 pm Mets are off and play in Philly tomorrow. Maybe they can muster more than two hits tomorrow. One can dream. :lol:
I was greatly amused that the Phils won the other day when the only runs they scored were on a two-out strikeout (of their pitcher!) with a passed ball.

Lucky for you tonight they decided that after a four-run comeback they could trot out their "closer" in the ninth. :roll:
Conform or be cast out!
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Not the season I was hoping for so far, but a long way to go. Lindor has been total garbage hitting so far, but I expect that will change soon. They fired their hitting coaches last night and if things don't improve soon I could see the manager getting the boot too.

They are all holdovers from the old owners so ya I wouldn't make any large purchases.

In unrelated news there have been some horrible injuries. May out for the season needing TJ :( and Roberts likely out the season as well with a busted hip. That's an odd injury and would hope it doesn't impact the rest of his career. May I would be less worried about as TJ seems to just be a rite of passage now sadly.

Lorini

Post by Lorini »

Yeah everyone knew it was bad when it happened, including May. Well he's very young, so a long career still ahead of him. I don't think Kershaw has had TJ at least not as a pro. But most of them have unfortunately.
Black Lives Matter
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Mets scored 5 runs by the middle of the 3rd and lost? That should be enough runs for them to win 3 or 4 games. Sheesh.

Octavious wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 2:24 pm May out for the season needing TJ :( and Roberts likely out the season as well with a busted hip. That's an odd injury and would hope it doesn't impact the rest of his career.
Robert? Torn hip flexor isn't common but they happen. Should be able to fully recover.
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Ya wasn't sure. Hip injuries are no joke as Bo Jackson would know. And those runs would have gotten two Degrom losses to be wins.

He's pitching tonight so there's no chance they score more than 2.

Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Degrom scratched due to a stiff side. So we should score 900 runs. I will die if he's actually really injured.

*Edit* Rain delay. For the record this is the second time Degrom was "injured" for a rain delay. The negative side of me thinks that he's more worried about trying to get into the HOF than anything else. :lol:

Lorini

Post by Lorini »

Kershaw didn't make it out of the first inning. Shortest (but not the worst) inning of his career. He kind of sucked, but the defense behind him was not good. If the SS makes the play he should have made, there would have been a double play and Kershaw would have been charged with only 2 runs. As it was, he was charged with four runs and exited stage left.
Black Lives Matter
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

4 runs and they pulled him? Seems a bit extreme, but I haven't looked at the box score.

ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

The outcome of yesterday's double-header between the Cubs and Dodgers was obviously great (although I suspect Lorini might disagree), but despite that I still have some gripes. First, I still don't like the 7 inning double headers. Second, I absolutely loathe the runner on second to start extra innings rule.
That's my purse! I don't know you!
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

LTTP, but a pitcher can get charged with a blown save before the 9th inning. By that metric, the Dodgers already have 9 blown saves.
Hodor.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

ImLawBoy wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 9:19 am The outcome of yesterday's double-header between the Cubs and Dodgers was obviously great (although I suspect Lorini might disagree), but despite that I still have some gripes. First, I still don't like the 7 inning double headers. Second, I absolutely loathe the runner on second to start extra innings rule.

I've watched a few extras this year and when the extra innings runner walks off, it is so unsatisfying. Especially if it's in the 8th. It's like hearing the first 17 seconds of

MYT