MLB 2021 Post Season

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Jaymann

Re: MLB 2021 Regular Season

Post by Jaymann »

Lorini wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 12:05 am Life is good. The Dodgers are the Dodgers and the Giants are the Giants :)
And the Padres are in first.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

Jaymann wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 12:27 am
Lorini wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 12:05 am Life is good. The Dodgers are the Dodgers and the Giants are the Giants :)
And the Padres are in first.
For the moment :D
Black Lives Matter
naednek

Post by naednek »

go to Lowes while listening to the game. Get back to car it's 3-0
go to Home Depot while listening to the game. Get back to the car it's 10-0
Go to AMPM to get myself and Ethan a icee, Get back to the car it's 11-0

I'm not going anywhere now. WTF

Giants didn't show up at all this weekend.

Congrats Lorini. Hopefully we'll get out shit together when we meet again later this week.
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

Y’all couldn’t even get the pitcher out TWICE.
Black Lives Matter
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Nine in a row for the first place Padres. Best record in baseball, highest run differential.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Well I think it's safe to say the Mets season is pretty much done. Another injury to a 4th or 5th string outflieder today We had a catcher playing 1b as they had nobody else. It's insane. Literally every game someone has hit the IL.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

The Red Sox went 7-3 over the past 10, but still managed to fall out of first place in the AL East since the Rays went 10-0 in that span. Damn AL East - Baltimore seems like the only bad team in the division.
Black Lives Matter.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

El Guapo wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:32 am The Red Sox went 7-3 over the past 10, but still managed to fall out of first place in the AL East since the Rays went 10-0 in that span. Damn AL East - Baltimore seems like the only bad team in the division.
So...nothing new?
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 10:59 am
El Guapo wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:32 am The Red Sox went 7-3 over the past 10, but still managed to fall out of first place in the AL East since the Rays went 10-0 in that span. Damn AL East - Baltimore seems like the only bad team in the division.
So...nothing new?
At least we have the Orioles - always come through in the end.
Black Lives Matter.
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

The little Giants better beat up on AZ before they come into Dodger Stadium to get their butts kicked again. Can't wait!!!

:)
Black Lives Matter
naednek

Post by naednek »

Lorini wrote:The little Giants better beat up on AZ before they come into Dodger Stadium to get their butts kicked again. Can't wait!!!

:)
Now our offense shows up

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I think the Mets got through a game without anyone getting injured! deGroms ERA has grown to 0.80. What a loser. :lol:
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Lorini

Post by Lorini »

You could feel the air leaving Minute Maid stadium with every run walked in by the Astros last night. I felt sorry for Dusty, but glad we won.
Black Lives Matter
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Dodgers vs. Astros, the at least one of them has to lose series.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

Jaymann wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 9:49 am Dodgers vs. Astros, the at least one of them has to lose series.
The Dodgers are good guys! The Astros (at least those who were on the 2017 team) not so much, especially Altuve. So glad we broke his hitting streak.
Black Lives Matter
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

Aannnd there we go. Our usual problem, no offense.
Black Lives Matter
naednek

Post by naednek »

Lorini wrote:Aannnd there we go. Our usual problem, no offense.
Bring that no offense on Friday through Sunday

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Lorini wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 10:08 pm Aannnd there we go. Our usual problem, no offense.
Better dump that loser Mookie Betts, then. He hasn't won a title in almost a year! He'll never get it done. Better ship him back east and get what you can for him.
Black Lives Matter.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Meanwhile the first place Padres keep on rolling, beating the Brew Crew 2-1 in the tenth.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
naednek

Post by naednek »

Giants for the comeback!

Didn't realize the Giants dodgers is a 4 game series. Hope it's a good one this time.
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

El Guapo wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 10:39 pm
Lorini wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 10:08 pm Aannnd there we go. Our usual problem, no offense.
Better dump that loser Mookie Betts, then. He hasn't won a title in almost a year! He'll never get it done. Better ship him back east and get what you can for him.
He is in a serious slump, perhaps injured? They keep giving him days off for shoulder soreness but he probably needs to go on the IL. I will say that the Dodgers have gone 12-3 since he got hard tagged in the nuts. Coincidence?
Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Lorini wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 9:35 am I will say that the Dodgers have gone 12-3 since he got hard tagged in the nuts.
Last night in the Barons-Trash Pandas minor league game, the Baron's catcher took a foul tip right square in the nuttage area. The restraint he showed not to grab his crotch and roll around was amazing, but all the guys next to me were grabbing theirs and wincing. :lol: He did stay down on all fours for quite a while though, taking some deep breaths.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Lassr wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 9:53 am
Lorini wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 9:35 am I will say that the Dodgers have gone 12-3 since he got hard tagged in the nuts.
Last night in the Barons-Trash Pandas minor league game, the Baron's catcher took a foul tip right square in the nuttage area. The restraint he showed not to grab his crotch and roll around was amazing, but all the guys next to me were grabbing theirs and wincing. :lol: He did stay down on all fours for quite a while though, taking some deep breaths.
I actually went to a Barons game to see Michael Jordan play. As you might expect he wasn't that impressive.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I just love that there's a team called the Trash Pandas. Now I want a hat. :lol: The independent team near me got brought into MLB this year and is now an affiliate to the Yankees. I really need to get to a game as it's super fun and so cheap compared to MLB. 13.50 a ticket? Yes please.

Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Jaymann wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 10:50 am
Lassr wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 9:53 am
I actually went to a Barons game to see Michael Jordan play. As you might expect he wasn't that impressive.
I did also, when he played against the old Huntsville Stars team. He fouled a ball into a woman's head at the game and actually went to see her in the hospital.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Foul balls scare the crap out of me. The last minor league game we were on the 1st base side and someone hit a screaming line drive that missed us by a foot. I was paying attention and didn't have time to react.

That's the last time I sit in that area at that stadium. Behind the net for my wussie ass.

Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Thor looks to be out for the entire season based on reports that they shut him back down for 6 weeks. Obviously pitching isn't the Mets biggest problem so it's not the end of the world. I believe his contract ends this year so that kind of sucks for him. He will have to sign something short term and hope he comes back strong.

Lorini

Post by Lorini »

naednek wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 12:50 am Giants for the comeback!

Didn't realize the Giants dodgers is a 4 game series. Hope it's a good one this time.
It’ll be just like the last series, fantastic! :D
Black Lives Matter
malchior

Post by malchior »

Just Step on First!

Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Wow that might be the dumbest play I've ever seen. :lol: Keith Hernandez would have fallen over and died if that was a Mets game.

malchior

Post by malchior »

The Cubs dugout just laughing at the whole thing is the best part for me.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Mets just won a game 1-0. It seriously might be the most boring season of baseball I've ever seen. Lindor is still not hitting sigh.

noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

Lorini wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 9:58 am
Jaymann wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 9:49 am Dodgers vs. Astros, the at least one of them has to lose series.
The Dodgers are good guys! The Astros (at least those who were on the 2017 team) not so much, especially Altuve. So glad we broke his hitting streak.
What do you have against Altuve?
Black Lives Matter

"To wield Grond, the mighty hammer of the Federal Government, is to be intoxicated with power beyond what you and I can reckon (though I figure we can ball park it pretty good with computers and maths). Need to tunnel through a mountain? Grond. Kill a mighty ogre? Grond. Hangnail? Grond. Spider? Grond (actually, that's a legit use, moreso than the rest)." - Peacedog
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

My first thought on seeing that Cubs/Pirates play was, "Wow! Javy being Javy!"

My second thought was, "Are the Pirates just fielding a Little League team at this point?"
That's my purse! I don't know you!
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

ImLawBoy wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 2:36 pm My first thought on seeing that Cubs/Pirates play was, "Wow! Javy being Javy!"

My second thought was, "Are the Pirates just fielding a Little League team at this point?"
Hodor.
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

Psst. Look up.
That's my purse! I don't know you!
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I'm pretty sure Lindor is making more than the entire Pittsburgh team. Not that it's working out very well for us right now. ;)

pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

ImLawBoy wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 2:38 pm Psst. Look up.
Oh, well, I only saw your post and not his. :doh:
Hodor.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

No they have him cover by 2 million lol. They need a cap and a floor in the league.

Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

malchior wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 1:57 pm The Cubs dugout just laughing at the whole thing is the best part for me.
And people wonder why I lament the lack of fundamentals in the game.

We learned situational awareness in little league. I probably haven't played baseball in 30 years, or softball in 15, but I always knew what the situation was and more importantly where the hell I was supposed to be no matter where in the field it was hit. In most cases, it wasn't standing around like a stump.
Black Lives Matter