Go Fund Me *Updated Sept 1*

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Xmann

Go Fund Me *Updated Sept 1*

Post by Xmann »

If you feel inclined, please donate to my Go Fund Me. I have been a part of this community since 2005. I can't begin to tell you guys what this place means to me. When i was sick, this was literally the only place I wanted to give updates. My wife took care of family, but you guys were my focus. I sincerely appreciate every kind word, thoughts, prayers, positive energy, etc. that you guys sent me. I could feel it and I'll always be grateful. My wife wants everyone to know she is thankfuI to you as well.

Thank you to each and every one of you.

Travis

https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-covid-s ... nt-line-rn
Last edited by Xmann on Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AWS260

Re: Go Fund Me

Post by AWS260 »

I hope you have a smooth and swift recovery. Be well!
Xmann

Post by Xmann »

Thank you so much.
gf.me/u/zhnmhs
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Oh my god Xmann. I was wondering the other day how your Texas deployment was going...so sorry to hear this.

Glad you were able to get home, and hoping for your continued recovery.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Best wishes all around. You deserve a break.
Xmann

Post by Xmann »

Everyone's well wishes are appreciated more than you know. Knowing others are thinking about me is comforting.
gf.me/u/zhnmhs
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

And this is a Go Fund Me. If you can't donate, share. And if you can donate, share then, too. And ask everyone who reads your feed to share. If 1,000 people see it who wouldn't otherwise, and only one in 50 donates, that's a huge boost.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Serious question..whats a feed exactly?..I dont post anywhere else if thats what you mean.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Facebook, Twitter, Instagram -- wherever people gather and share. I have like 70 Facebook friends. Maybe 25-30 of them will read the post. One or two will donate, and a few more will share to their feeds. That's how things go bacterial.

Bacterial is better than viral because there are antibiotics.
Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

So sorry to hear about this. Get well soon!
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

I saw your Gofundme picture on Facebook this morning and I was like, "Hey, someone I know on Facebook knows you." Had to go back and look thinking it was my family that lives in TN (one of them also being a nurse in Knoxville) but it was Kraken. Anyhow, donated and shared.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Eel Snave

Post by Eel Snave »

I've got no money right now, but I shared it for you. Best wishes from our family to yours.
Downwards Compatible
We're playing every NES game alphabetically! Even the crappy ones! Send help!
Xmann

Post by Xmann »

Eel Snave wrote:I've got no money right now, but I shared it for you. Best wishes from our family to yours.
Thank you my friend. Best wishes for your family as well.
gf.me/u/zhnmhs
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Donated - hope you have a speedy recovery.
Black Lives Matter.
raydude

Post by raydude »

Hope you get better and stronger everyday!
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

I had no idea that you were going through this. Hopefully the worst is behind you and you can focus on recovery, one day at a time.

And extreme kudos for volunteering in the first place.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Glad you posted this and glad to do anything I can to help you concentrate more on getting better!
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

gilraen and I donated. Also, though I have a FB account, I don't post on it. I guess I'm not really the sharing type. 8-)

However, my sister is a nurse in Texas. I worried about her before, but your experience made me worry more. She probably is less at risk since she does Flight for Life and thus isn't in the thick of it as much. Still. Anyway, I sent her the link. She's got a lot more friends. And I imagine a lot of them are also in the biz.

Anyway, get better.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Prime example of bad things happening to good people. :(

I hope you make a full recovery with no lingering issues, preferably well ahead of the current schedule.

I donated. Sorry, don't have much of a network to share with though.
Hamlet3145

Post by Hamlet3145 »

I hope the recovery goes swiftly and well for you X! Just a thought, but you might add the gofundme link to your signature block. That way people who miss this thread might see it there.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Before I respond, what does tip gofundme do? :oops: I've not seen that before that I remember.

(And get better and thank you)
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

LordMortis wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:08 am Before I respond, what does tip gofundme do? :oops: I've not seen that before that I remember.

It appears that they don't take a cut of the donation. So they are asking for extra $$ for themselves to allow them to run their business.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Xmann

Post by Xmann »

Hamlet3145 wrote:I hope the recovery goes swiftly and well for you X! Just a thought, but you might add the gofundme link to your signature block. That way people who miss this thread might see it there.

https://gofund.me/4d782356

gf.me/u/zhnmhs
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

TheMix wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:19 am
LordMortis wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:08 am Before I respond, what does tip gofundme do? :oops: I've not seen that before that I remember.

It appears that they don't take a cut of the donation. So they are asking for extra $$ for themselves to allow them to run their business.
What do people do? 12.5% seems high to me. I'd much rather paypal directly or something. I mean paying for a service, I get but that's excessive, IMO :oops:
Xmann

Post by Xmann »

LordMortis wrote:
TheMix wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:19 am

What do people do? 12.5% seems high to me. I'd much rather paypal directly or something. I mean paying for a service, I get but that's excessive, IMO :oops:
here is my PayPal

xman1102@gmail.com

I have had others request this as well.

gf.me/u/zhnmhs
Xmann

Post by Xmann »

*Update*

First, I'm humbled by the donations. Whoever has donated, shared my story, or stopped for a minute to think about me and my family, I can't tell you how thankful we are. I've been reassured that there's good in the world and people really do care.

Secondly, I'm slowly feeling better. I don't really see it that much, but my wife can and she's been there since day 1. Not sure I mentioned it before, but my wife deserves sainthood. If someone could arrange that, I'd appreciate it Image. The first day home I literally almost didn't make it up the front stairs into our house. I remember all I wanted was a hot bath and she pretty much sat by the tub and bathed me. I couldn't wash my hair or do anything for myself. Now, she just assists me in the tub and I can do the rest.
Yesterday I was able to walk to the mailbox and back inside. It's the first time I've been able to walk outside and it felt amazing. Still on oxygen continuous, but that's ok. I use 2 liters during the day and 3 at night. That's slowly improving.
I start physical therapy tomorrow. I'll be glad to get out of the house three times a week and get working on my strength. Once I'm off oxygen, they can get me in the pool and swim for some of my therapy. When you get sick like I was, simple things you think about and wonder if you'll ever get to do again and swimming was one of those. I'm thrilled.
My daughter is coming up from Florida tomorrow and staying the weekend. I haven't seen her since Thanksgiving, so we are all excited.
The other thing that's happening and bothers me is my memory. I forget and don't remember simple things. For example, I was texting a friend a couple days ago and literally forgot how to text while I was doing it. Sometimes I can't recall what someone has said five minutes before. I guess it's the Covid brain fog everyone talks about.
Thank you to everyone again. This week I wanted to work on my outlook and accept the fact this is going to take some time. I've beat myself up a couple times and had one good meltdown. But my wife is a rock and she's helped me through. I think physical therapy will be good for my body and soul.
Take care everyone!Image

gf.me/u/zhnmhs
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

You're symptoms are what scare me about this disease and it's after effects. I have no idea what causes the brain fog but is the weakness and oxygen issues due to some kind of lung scarring that will improve and go away?
Xmann

Post by Xmann »

I think the hypoxia plays a part of it, I'm sure. That was the first thing my doctor said. The weakness has a lot to do with the fact I was essentially bed bound for a month.

And to be completely honest, I'm not worried about future medical issues. Sure I think about them and wonder, but I'm so happy to be alive and thankful, I'm living in the moment.

gf.me/u/zhnmhs
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Well best to you X. I came across the notes I wrote of the stuff you told me on the phone when my wife had her stroke. Did what you could to help. Ive had to wait and see what my situation was this month before I could hit up the GofundMe but think I can now. I know its not much but hope it helps.

I hope you heal up fast and fully soon man. World needs to keep its good folk around.
Xmann

Post by Xmann »

Daehawk wrote:Well best to you X. I came across the notes I wrote of the stuff you told me on the phone when my wife had her stroke. Did what you could to help. Ive had to wait and see what my situation was this month before I could hit up the GofundMe but think I can now. I know its not much but hope it helps.

I hope you heal up fast and fully soon man. World needs to keep its good folk around.
Thank you, those are incredibly kind words and I appreciate it.

Last edited by Xmann on Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gf.me/u/zhnmhs
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Glad that you're progressing and that your funding total is still creeping upward. Do keep us posted.
Xmann

Post by Xmann »

*Update #2

I just got a call from the local News Network. I have an interview tomorrow afternoon. I'm a former University of Tennessee baseball player and they want to share my story.

gf.me/u/zhnmhs
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Going to be throwing straight cheese?
It's almost as if people are the problem.
raydude

Post by raydude »

Xmann wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:34 pm *Update #2

I just got a call from the local News Network. I have an interview tomorrow afternoon. I'm a former University of Tennessee baseball player and they want to share my story.

Glad to hear you're making progress and your story is being heard. You tried to do good and we all appreciate you for doing it.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

What an excellent break. I hope you can link us to the interview.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

My wife was an ex UTK alum....though with her she never left it behind. She loved that school and the times she had there. I think she even got to march on the field.
Anonymous Bosch

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

Xmann wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:47 pm I think the hypoxia plays a part of it, I'm sure. That was the first thing my doctor said. The weakness has a lot to do with the fact I was essentially bed bound for a month.

And to be completely honest, I'm not worried about future medical issues. Sure I think about them and wonder, but I'm so happy to be alive and thankful, I'm living in the moment.

FWIW, I read an interesting report from nature.com earlier today that suggests SARS-CoV-2 infects and replicates in cells of the human pancreas, potentially creating infection-related diabetes. As you likely well know, dealing with the effects of diabetes is no joke, so that's another potential medical issue you may want to keep in mind.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Can I ask - given your PPE, how do you think you got it? I don't know that you'd know for sure, but I've been wondering for medical personnel using PPE who get it, is it most likely a result of faulty PPE? Some instance of contracting it away from the hospital? A lapse (even if brief) in using the PPE? Is it just that there's so much exposure that even if the equipment is filtering 99.99% of virus, that at some point you get enough of a viral load to contract it?

If you don't mind saying - just curious, and always eager to learn more about how contracting the virus happens.
Black Lives Matter.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I think he was seeing patients naked and licking doors in the hospital. :)
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

El Guapo wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:28 pm Can I ask - given your PPE, how do you think you got it? I don't know that you'd know for sure, but I've been wondering for medical personnel using PPE who get it, is it most likely a result of faulty PPE? Some instance of contracting it away from the hospital? A lapse (even if brief) in using the PPE? Is it just that there's so much exposure that even if the equipment is filtering 99.99% of virus, that at some point you get enough of a viral load to contract it?

If you don't mind saying - just curious, and always eager to learn more about how contracting the virus happens.
It isn't 100%. Nothing short of a pressurized hazmat suit would be, otherwise there'd be no need for pressurized hazmat suits. Medical personnel are absolutely soaking in the stuff, and they're using the best that's available.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)