[AMC] Fear The Walking Dead - IT’S OVER!!!!!!!

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

rittchard

Re: [AMC] Fear The Walking Dead - Season 5

Post by rittchard »

naednek wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:47 am I almost turned it off when...
Spoiler:
they almost killed of Morgan. I fell for it and was like, I'm done.
Spoiler:
Remember Morgan doesn't die!! He just doesn't say it every few minutes like he did in the original series lol
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

On Morgan
Spoiler:
Thank god he was able to find a dumpster to pull over him!
Also, I really dislike the overacting actress that plays Dakota. She spits out every word she delivers and continuously bobs her head around like a broken puppet. She annoys me.
Spoiler:
I hope she doesn’t find a dumpster when the time comes.
Oh, and they should always let Grace lead the way when it comes to dangerous situations. A woman who was pregnant for approximately 37 months has to be a bad ass.
He won. Period.
rittchard

Post by rittchard »

So... any thoughts on that finale lol? I can't believe these writers/producers really went ahead...
Spoiler:
...and detonated nuclear warheads??? WTF??? OK I have to admit it kept me kind of on the edge because I thought they'd have some hail mary deus ex machina that either the warheads weren't loaded or would be disabled by some code or intercepted or... something. But nope, they just went right ahead and detonated them all over the place.

But funnily, aside from melting Dakota (yay!!!!!), they really didn't do too much damage to our heroes LMAO. I think I spent more time looking up nuclear blast zones than I did watching the end of the episode because I was really shocked they'd go there. You'd think multiple nuclear detonations in the middle of the country might have an effect everywhere, even as far as regular TWD land since apparently you can just run from one show to another on foot (see Morgan).

I was happy to see(?) Al(?) or whoever on the rescue copter, as it seems like this will force them to advance the only plotline remaining that seems like it's interesting.

This show has really gone off the rails. If you thought that balloon thing was crazy, this was just whack.

Oh yeah, let's not forget about 5 minutes of inane ranting from Strand. I kept thinking that guy was just going to shoot him or push him out the window, which would have been a fitting end for him I think.
naednek

Post by naednek »

rittchard wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:26 pm So... any thoughts on that finale lol? I can't believe these writers/producers really went ahead...
Spoiler:
...and detonated nuclear warheads??? WTF??? OK I have to admit it kept me kind of on the edge because I thought they'd have some hail mary deus ex machina that either the warheads weren't loaded or would be disabled by some code or intercepted or... something. But nope, they just went right ahead and detonated them all over the place.

But funnily, aside from melting Dakota (yay!!!!!), they really didn't do too much damage to our heroes LMAO. I think I spent more time looking up nuclear blast zones than I did watching the end of the episode because I was really shocked they'd go there. You'd think multiple nuclear detonations in the middle of the country might have an effect everywhere, even as far as regular TWD land since apparently you can just run from one show to another on foot (see Morgan).

I was happy to see(?) Al(?) or whoever on the rescue copter, as it seems like this will force them to advance the only plotline remaining that seems like it's interesting.

This show has really gone off the rails. If you thought that balloon thing was crazy, this was just whack.

Oh yeah, let's not forget about 5 minutes of inane ranting from Strand. I kept thinking that guy was just going to shoot him or push him out the window, which would have been a fitting end for him I think.

I thought it was a fun finale.
Spoiler:
Oh yeah, let's not forget about 5 minutes of inane ranting from Strand. I kept thinking that guy was just going to shoot him or push him out the window, which would have been a fitting end for him I think
I think Strand's monologue was great. I also thought he would have died whether it was from him or from a second shockwave. But his speech was spectacular
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

If you’re going to create a missile with multiple warheads, why not make it more menacing by giving it the ability to reenter the atmosphere, split into said multiple warheads...and then just hang there for about 3 or 4 hours.

Talk about a spiteful weapon of mass destruction.

But
Spoiler:
Omid Abtahi is one of those character actors I could watch in anything. Especially when he’s given the chance to prove he’s far more than “Muslim character #32” in a show.
He won. Period.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

The internet says "each (Trident) missile carries up to five nuclear bombs – or warheads – on top. Each of these bombs is around eight times as destructive as the bomb which flattened Hiroshima in 1945, killing over 140,000 civilians."

The zombie apocalypse was getting a little stale, so now we have a nuclear zombie apocalypse. Maybe next season will end with an asteroid strike setting off a supervolcano.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I just watched Chernobyl on HBO Max, so the glaring problems of radiation were much more noticeable.

You can’t hide from nuclear fallout in an unsealed storm cellar or under a truck.
He won. Period.
rittchard

Post by rittchard »

hepcat wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:53 am I just watched Chernobyl on HBO Max, so the glaring problems of radiation were much more noticeable.

You can’t hide from nuclear fallout in an unsealed storm cellar or under a truck.
LMAO - yeah that's why I kept thinking they'd have some, or any sort of excuse for the detonations to not be as strong. Every one of them should be dead or severely poisoned. The helicopter barely made it any distance away, the bunker looked about as deep as my ass crack, ditto the "shelter." And of course Morgan "I don't die" is/was freaking OUTSIDE. Maybe he and Grace have been granted immunity from radiation (is that a Fallout trait?) but what about the baby? Honestly I don't mind if they give me a cheesy explanation like ummm... the warheads were weak test versions or decayed over time or anything... I can suspend disbelief and I am normally very very forgiving. But they seem to be content with defying any sense of logic to get to where they want to go, and it ends up distracting me so much.

The other thing that bothers me is that chronologically this show is still behind the others (I think), so this nuclear wasteland scenario should be a part of World Beyond and the upcoming movies. I guess Texas is big enough that it can just be ignored lol.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

As I pointed out before, Grace was pregnant for approximately 37 months, so I highly doubt radiation can stop her.
He won. Period.
Scraper

Post by Scraper »

After watching the season finale this show is officially off my watch list. I thought the beer balloon was a low point, but now I realize the all over the place writing and general lack of direction is the real low point for this show. So bad for so many reasons. Add to that the fact that they took a character I generally enjoyed (Morgan) and made me loath every time he speaks and it makes me not want to watch it next season. I also find myself not looking forward to the Walking Dead with stupid kids season 2.
FTE
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I never watched Walking Dead Babies beyond the first episode. Is it that bad?
He won. Period.
Scraper

Post by Scraper »

hepcat wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:06 am I never watched Walking Dead Babies beyond the first episode. Is it that bad?
I thought so. The premise of following kids who grew up in the zombie apocalypse is exciting. I mean these kids should be tough as nails no holds bar zombie ass kickers. Instead they're the exact opposite, they resemble every bad stereotype that millennials get sacked with and on top of that they suck at killing anything. Heck there's an entire episode where they almost get defeated by outdoor smoke. Yes you read that right, smoke.
Last edited by Scraper on Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FTE
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Scraper wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:35 am
hepcat wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:06 am I never watched Walking Dead Babies beyond the first episode. Is it that bad?
I thought so. The premise of following kids who grew up in the zombie apocalypse is exiting. I mean these kids should be tough as nails no holds bar zombie ass kickers. Instead they're the exact opposite, they resemble every bad stereotype that millennials get sacked with and on top of that they suck at killing anything. Heck there's an entire episode where they almost get defeated by outdoor smoke. Yes you read that right, smoke.
I enjoyed the series and will watch season 2 but agree I had a really hard time thinking these kid grew up in the apocalypse and don't know hardly anything about defending them self against a walker. Even if they are trying to relay the message that kids were safe and there were people designated to protect them in this "civilized" world...still you are in the middle of an apocalypse of zombies, EVERYONE should have some training and be used to killing a walker, shit happens as we've seen over and over and over in TWD series.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
EvilHomer3k
Forum Moderator

Post by EvilHomer3k »

rittchard wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:12 pm
hepcat wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:53 am I just watched Chernobyl on HBO Max, so the glaring problems of radiation were much more noticeable.

LMAO - yeah that's why I kept thinking they'd have some, or any sort of excuse for the detonations to not be as strong. Every one of them should be dead or severely poisoned. The helicopter barely made it any distance away, the bunker looked about as deep as my ass crack, ditto the "shelter." And of course Morgan "I don't die" is/was freaking OUTSIDE. Maybe he and Grace have been granted immunity from radiation (is that a Fallout trait?) but what about the baby? Honestly I don't mind if they give me a cheesy explanation like ummm... the warheads were weak test versions or decayed over time or anything... I can suspend disbelief and I am normally very very forgiving. But they seem to be content with defying any sense of logic to get to where they want to go, and it ends up distracting me so much.

The other thing that bothers me is that chronologically this show is still behind the others (I think), so this nuclear wasteland scenario should be a part of World Beyond and the upcoming movies. I guess Texas is big enough that it can just be ignored lol.
They won't explain how they survived because there isn't a reason to. They know that it defies all logic but just don't seem to care any more. When Z Nation is more believable than a serious zombie show you probably should fire the writers. Maybe they'll have a third nuclear apocalypse next season.
That sound of the spoon scraping over the can ribbing as you corral the last ravioli or two is the signal that a great treat is coming. It's the washboard solo in God's own
bluegrass band of comfort food. - LawBeefaroni
rittchard

Re: [AMC] Fear The Walking Dead - Now at Season 6!

Post by rittchard »

Ahead of NEXT WEEK's premiere... we give you WASTELAND: THE WALKING DEAD!!!!

At this point I am pretty much just in "hate watch" mode for this show. They really should have just spun this show off into an alternate universe, because that's what it feels like. I'm wondering if I would enjoy it more if it was totally unassociated with the TWD franchise. Anyway...
Spoiler:
The entire premiere episode dedicated to Strand?!?! Is he the "villain" for the series now? I don't understand what the intent with him is, they change his personality every five seconds. I can barely follow whether he is betraying someone or flirting with them. Is he still gay btw? I guess it doesn't matter.

So we begin Wasteland I mean FTWD with some pretty cool imagery completely ripped off from Fallout/Wasteland. Gamers rejoice! Introduce a new character that might be interesting... just so Strand can f with him for an hour and then finally kill him anyway? I didn't fall asleep but I might have well have because I have no idea what is motivating anyone here.

I guess they are setting up an Alicia vs Strand showdown? Or something? There are still at on of other characters too, maybe they will have a better storyline? Anyway, this show is totally off the rails, so let the HATE WATCH season begin!!!
Lassr

Re: [AMC] Fear The Walking Dead - Now at Season 6!

Post by Lassr »

I went ahead and read the spoiler for this one as it's a sunk cost show for me and I don't care if I'm spoiled, I'm just watching to watch and have not enjoyed it for a while. I can't imagine it will go many more seasons. And I may stop once TWD is over.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
rittchard

Re: [AMC] Fear The Walking Dead - Season 7 pt 2

Post by rittchard »

It’s baaaaaaaack!!!!!

I guess I was confused as I thought we were getting the return of Madison already. Wishful thinking I guess. Instead we have the continuation of what I tried to block from memory from S7 pt1, I guess they are going full bore on the idea of war between the “good guys” and Strand. It seems like a completely inane idea and Strand yet again has bounced from good to bad to crazy to whatever. Does anyone miss the good old days where the most interesting thing about him was that he was gay? I’ve never seen a show flip a character around as much as Fear does, but whatever.

So apparently the first two episodes make up the “mid-season premiere” and oh what a lovely dud of a time it was. I’m not sure if the second episode aired or not, but an episode featuring super annoying Charlie is not my idea of a good time. Surprisingly though I stayed awake longer for it than I did for the first ep that was focused on Alicia, who was one of the few characters I still had hopes for. But they managed to make a weird and boring ep for her too. In a show that has like 10 main characters, doing a single character-centric ep is kind of a gamble, but they don’t seem to mind. To make it worse, both episodes follow a similar pattern introducing a new character as well.

Spoiler for Ep 2:
Spoiler:
And then killing them off just in case you might like the new character more than the original cast member. WTF!
I don’t understand why they don’t just make better use of their already bloated cast. Anyway, I probably shouldn’t even bother commenting on this show since I suspect there may only be a couple of us still watching. I guess I was really just hoping for a big Madison reveal so I could come back here and show some excitement.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Episode 2 airs this weekend, will I watch it...I don't know. Episode 1 was was just Awful. Easily one the worst of the series. I'll probably will watch more, see what they do with Madison (hell she'll probably come in on the season finale), but if I have something else to do then not sure I'd make the effort to get caught up if I miss an episode.

Black Lives Matter
EvilHomer3k
Forum Moderator

Post by EvilHomer3k »

I'm still here but just hate watching at this point. Neither episode was really any good. I liked Alicia but they've made her pretty annoying at this point. The nuclear fallout boogie man/plot device was pretty poorly handled the first time they introduced it and they haven't improved how it's portrayed. It shows up randomly whenever they need something to happen rather than behaving like it should. The writers really need to watch Chernobyl to see how nuclear fallout works. Either that or spend 3 minutes reading a wikipedia article. Honestly, it would be better if they just magicked it away and never spoke of it again.
That sound of the spoon scraping over the can ribbing as you corral the last ravioli or two is the signal that a great treat is coming. It's the washboard solo in God's own
bluegrass band of comfort food. - LawBeefaroni
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Well, I half watched. Cruised the internet looking for Great Pyrenees grooming tips as I watched it. Another awful wasted episode.

Black Lives Matter
rittchard

Post by rittchard »

It’s hard to imagine they’d think fans are interested in developing Charlie, one of the most annoying characters they’ve ever created, but there ya go…. I saw people also complaining that she is supposed to be 13 and the guy was like 15 or 16 but whatever. It’s too hard to care.
rittchard

Post by rittchard »

OK the season is finally over, so I will leave with some parting thoughts. MAJOR SPOILERS INCOMING, you’ve been warned!!!!! Meh, I guess I will spoiler it. So, first off…

WHAT THE F-ING F???

I really didn’t pay much attention the last few episodes, it was just starting to annoy me more and more. I wanted to see if/how they would introduce Madison for the finale, but how it happened and what they did with it was beyond comprehension.
Spoiler:
The majority of the entire back half was devoted to, I guess I see now in retrospect, finding a suitable way to EXIT Alicia? I wasn’t consciously aware she was leaving the show, so when it actually happened I was genuinely surprised. Particularly since they decided to time it exactly so that there would be NO reunion for her and her mom. Do these two actresses hate each other? I don’t understand why they would go this route other than to be assholes. Maybe she will come back later but by then will anyone care? All that might be of interest to the show’s original fans, I guess, is to have some sort of reunion with Victor. The only scene I cared for in the finale was when Morgan reveals to Madison her kids are dead. At least they didn’t waste a ton of time with that. But what a waste of the build up to her return. Instead of making her the mastermind of the mysterious Padre as I suspect most people thought, she shows up as a loser lackey kidnapping kids? UGH UGH UGH.

Between Victor and Alicia and some of the other characters, I guess they just decided to flip flop their personalities and motivations from moment to moment. Don’t like someone? Make them an ass and push them off a building. Literally! Can’t figure out how to write someone off? Just flip their personality and turn them into a bad guy! It was so bad by the end pretty much anything anyone said or did would piss me off. And don’t get me started on the stupid hallucination “trick” scenes. How many times can you use the same gimmick in a season? I guess the answer is every episode?!?! Anyway, a horrible send off to an actress who deserved better. For her own sake I hope she never returns, but honestly a reunion may be the only thing that could make me forgive this load of crap.

Speaking of loads of crap, what happened to the rest of the cast? The slew of others seemed to become one conglomerate guest appearance. None of them mattered much one way or the other and they had about as much interesting plot development as a ham sandwich. June got a couple of things but only because they gave her doctor/nurse powers. The rest of the cast might as well have been extras. I just kept wondering were those actors OK with this? I guess they figure it’s a paycheck. Kind of like me at work at this moment. I’m not doing anything useful but I need the money.
I can’t imagine what they are planning for this show next season. Some sort of reboot with Madison and Morgan? That may be their best choice but they didn’t do a solid job of writing off the remainder of the “cast” unless I slept through it?

Anyway, curious if anyone watched any of this drivel and what you thought? I don’t know if I can bring myself back for another season, but we’ll see. Maybe I’ll be desperate enough for zombie content by the time it comes out.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I’m behind. I just finished the episode that was really stupid.

…..

HA, see what I did there?
He won. Period.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

I guess both TWD and FTWD finally lost me. My DVR has multiple episodes of each and I have zero desire to watch either of them.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

I did it this season. I quit the show! I did not watch after the first 2 episodes were horrendous and I think I made the wise choice. I've just been reading about the episodes online and been very happy with my choice to give up on the series.

I'm just waiting on the final season of TWD which I still enjoy. but FTWD is just some of the worse writing ever. There have been probably more bad seasons than good and this one being the absolute worse.

Black Lives Matter
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I just watched an episode in which, and I kid you not, one of the main characters from season 1 went from a somewhat good guy to an opera listening evil villain, then a good guy again...before going back to being a villain.

You can't write shit this bad, people. It's a god given talent.
He won. Period.
rittchard

Post by rittchard »

hepcat wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:09 am I just watched an episode in which, and I kid you not, one of the main characters from season 1 went from a somewhat good guy to an opera listening evil villain, then a good guy again...before going back to being a villain.

You can't write shit this bad, people. It's a god given talent.
LMAO!

What’s even more shocking to me than the blatant horrible inconsistent writing is the little interview things they have after each episode. I’m not sure if this was on AMC+ only or also on the regular broadcast, but each week they’d have about 5 minutes of the producer reviewing what happened in the episode. The way they make it sound like all the writing decisions were so intentional and smart is so insane. But I think towards the last two episodes even the producer guy was having some trouble justifying the flip flopping, and that may have been the best part of the show for me.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

hepcat wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:09 am I just watched an episode in which, and I kid you not, one of the main characters from season 1 went from a somewhat good guy to an opera listening evil villain, then a good guy again...before going back to being a villain.
That character is always that way. He's the poster child for Chaotic Neutral.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I particularly like how they created this father/daughter relationship out of thin air (they previously were friends, of course...but father/daughter close? No.) between himself and another character to explain why he didn't just kill her/kept catering to her when she was obviously against him.

Seriously, this is just some lazy ass, stupid writing. I'm hate watching because I'm curious as to how much more stupid they can inject. My hope is that the bar hasn't found the floor yet.
Blackhawk wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:05 pm
That character is always that way. He's the poster child for Chaotic Neutral.

Oh, you mean like Red Hood?
He won. Period.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Which Red Hood, and at which point?
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Unless you mean the Red Hood Babies character from Titans. He's Chaotic Asshole.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

The one from Space Jam 2.
He won. Period.
naednek

Post by naednek »

rittchard wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:26 pm OK the season is finally over, so I will leave with some parting thoughts. MAJOR SPOILERS INCOMING, you’ve been warned!!!!! Meh, I guess I will spoiler it. So, first off…
I thought it was a mid-season finale?
naednek

Post by naednek »

this season has been a slog, but I thought the last episode was actually interesting. I'm not like others who have left, but I see myself getting less interested. I feel like I should stay to just see the conclusion.
rittchard

Post by rittchard »

naednek wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 2:32 pm this season has been a slog, but I thought the last episode was actually interesting. I'm not like others who have left, but I see myself getting less interested. I feel like I should stay to just see the conclusion.
Yeah, in all fairness, all other baggage aside, the new plot in the final episode seemed interesting. But almost in a spinoff-y kind of way. If they had some better producers/writers, they were probably better off ending the show and starting over with a Padre focused story. Maybe they can still do that next season I don’t know, but I have faith in these producers finding a way to screw things up.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Season 8 doesn’t deserve its own thread. I’m not sure why I’m watching it…although I do so every other week or so….but good goddamn, this show cannot write a villain to save its life. We’re back to Snidely Whiplash levels of villains again.
He won. Period.
rittchard

Re: [AMC] Fear The Walking Dead - FINAL SEASON PLEASE LET IT DIE

Post by rittchard »

I feel a bit remiss I haven't kept updating this thread with the absolute horror show that FTWD has become. I thought I could easily hate watch my way through it but even with that attitude it's testing my patience. So instead I leave you with this review which sums it up well, using lots of fun gaming references:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2 ... 7191f37407
telcta

Post by telcta »

I usually hang out with a show longer than my wife. She knows when to pull the ripcord while I continue to plummet to earth hoping I’ll hit a barn full of hay.

Fear, I think I jettisoned out fairly early and have no idea where that series ended up going.

Aren’t there a bunch of spin-offs still in the hopper waiting to be shown? Is there still a demand for this universe or has it been rung out dry?
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

It’s played out to the point of ridiculousness. At the very least they should try something different, but they are so creatively bankrupt that that is impossible for them. So we get the same stories, the same villains, the same crap with each new season and new show. It’s just a mess at this point.
He won. Period.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

telcta wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 5:50 pm
Aren’t there a bunch of spin-offs still in the hopper waiting to be shown? Is there still a demand for this universe or has it been rung out dry?
I saw a preview or ad for a new spinoff starring Maggie and Negan in NYC. Zombie hijinks will no doubt ensue.

FTWD lost me a long time ago, and I don't even have a flicker of interest in the next trip to the well. I dropped out when they started splitting seasons into halves with long gaps in between.