Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phases Four and Five

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

stessier

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase Four

Post by stessier »

Isgrimnur wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:33 pm The Verge
Disney has decided to delay the release of Marvel Studios’ Black Widow following the spread of the novel coronavirus.

Black Widow was originally scheduled to be released on May 1st. There is no new date for the movie.
Per @KevinSmithNBA talking about the NBA playing at WDW:
Per Walt Disney World Sources: Disney will make movies available for players and their families (once they join). This is likely to include movies that have not been released to the general public, including Marvel's Black Widow.
How do I get in that bubble???
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

Grow 14".
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

CBR
The Marvel Cinematic Universe may be headed to Canada in the future, as a new rumor claims that the Canadian superhero team Alpha Flight may be joining the franchise's ranks in the future.

In a tweet from Knight Edge Media's Caleb Williams, he stated, "Small Tidbit: Coming soon to the MCU..." above an image of Alpha Flight members Guardian, Vindicator, Shaman, Marrina, Sasquatch and Snowbird, ending the tweet an Alpha Flight hashtag.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Anonymous Bosch

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

Isgrimnur wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:44 pm CBR
The Marvel Cinematic Universe may be headed to Canada in the future, as a new rumor claims that the Canadian superhero team Alpha Flight may be joining the franchise's ranks in the future.

In a tweet from Knight Edge Media's Caleb Williams, he stated, "Small Tidbit: Coming soon to the MCU..." above an image of Alpha Flight members Guardian, Vindicator, Shaman, Marrina, Sasquatch and Snowbird, ending the tweet an Alpha Flight hashtag.
Sasquatch as a Canuckian superhero? As someone unfamiliar with the comics its based upon, that seems kinda scraping-the-bottom-of-the-barrelish.

Then again, my judgement may be impaired because I can't help thinking of Andre the Giant taking on the Six Million Dollar Man…

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Sasquatch is a huge part of Alpha Flight. And Alpha Flight is pretty much it when it comes to Marvel’s Canadian endeavors. I would be surprised if they didn’t include him.
Covfefe!
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

hepcat wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:23 pm Sasquatch is a huge part of Alpha Flight.
:doh:
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

coopasonic wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:02 am
hepcat wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:23 pm Sasquatch is a huge part of Alpha Flight.
Puck, on the other hand...
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Anonymous Bosch wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:00 pm
Then again, my judgement may be impaired because I can't help thinking of Andre the Giant taking on the Six Million Dollar Man…
Andre played the Sasquatch?

Hamlet3145

Post by Hamlet3145 »

hepcat wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:23 pm And Alpha Flight is pretty much it when it comes to Marvel’s Canadian endeavors.
James Logan Howlett would like to have a word with you. :P
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

And what team did he used to belong to before X Men? :P
AWS260 wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:18 pm
coopasonic wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:02 am
Puck, on the other hand...

I’d kill to see Puck on the big screen. :wub:
Covfefe!
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

I think what everyone wants to know is how coronavirus has impacted the schedule for the long awaited Paste Pot Pete film.
Black Lives Matter.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Right?? I mean, he sticks things together! That script practically writes itself!

Oh hey....there’s two pieces of wood.

BAM...NOT ANYMORE!
Covfefe!
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

hepcat wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:40 pm Right?? I mean, he sticks things together! That script practically writes itself!

Oh hey....there’s two pieces of wood.

BAM...NOT ANYMORE!
But how can you shoot a fully faithful Paste Pot Pete film when everyone needs to be six feet apart? You'd have to cut the scene where Pete sticks two former rivals together. And the love scene!
Black Lives Matter.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

CGI people 2 to 3 feet apart?
Covfefe!
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Just set it in Indiana.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Whoa...he’s not THAT evil.
Covfefe!
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Variety
Notably, “Black Widow” and “Cruella” will now premiere on Disney Plus at the same time they open in theaters. “Cruella” is arriving as scheduled on May 28, while “Black Widow” has been pushed back two months and will debut on July 9 instead of May 7. Both titles will be offered on Premier Access, which comes with a $30 rental fee.

The scheduling shift for “Black Widow” means that Marvel’s “Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings,” which was previously set for July, was bumped back to Sept. 3. It’s expected to have a traditional theatrical release.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Isgrimnur wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:27 pm Variety
Notably, “Black Widow” and “Cruella” will now premiere on Disney Plus at the same time they open in theaters. “Cruella” is arriving as scheduled on May 28, while “Black Widow” has been pushed back two months and will debut on July 9 instead of May 7. Both titles will be offered on Premier Access, which comes with a $30 rental fee.

The scheduling shift for “Black Widow” means that Marvel’s “Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings,” which was previously set for July, was bumped back to Sept. 3. It’s expected to have a traditional theatrical release.
So, Cruella is the Marvel Phase 4 Baddie? Kinda B-list, I think.
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

Freyland wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:32 pm So, Cruella is the Marvel Phase 4 Baddie? Kinda B-list, I think.
Have you ever wondered why there are no Dalmatians in the Marvel universe?
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

AWS260 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:07 pm
Freyland wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:32 pm So, Cruella is the Marvel Phase 4 Baddie? Kinda B-list, I think.
No one has ever told the story of a previous wielder of the Infinity Stones and how its power was used. Did you think that the 101 Dalmatians were going to be used to make a mere coat?
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Hamlet3145

Post by Hamlet3145 »

I'll be fully vaccinated well before Black Widow comes out. Sure would be nice to do something as simple as go to a movie again.
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

$iljanus wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:40 pm
AWS260 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:07 pm
No one has ever told the story of a previous wielder of the Infinity Stones and how its power was used. Did you think that the 101 Dalmatians were going to be used to make a mere coat?
You mean the 50½ Dalmations?
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

:clap:
rittchard

Post by rittchard »

Hamlet3145 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:31 pm I'll be fully vaccinated well before Black Widow comes out. Sure would be nice to do something as simple as go to a movie again.
Woohoo! Me too, but now they just pushed it back again to July. And it will come out on Disney+ too so I may just end up watching it at home.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

rittchard wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:10 pm
Hamlet3145 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:31 pm I'll be fully vaccinated well before Black Widow comes out. Sure would be nice to do something as simple as go to a movie again.
Woohoo! Me too, but now they just pushed it back again to July. And it will come out on Disney+ too so I may just end up watching it at home.
It'll be $30 on D+ initially. :P
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

coopasonic wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:14 pm It'll be $30 on D+ initially. :P
I will never cough up premium theater money to watch a movie in my own home on a service I'm already paying a subscription for.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
disarm

Post by disarm »

Paingod wrote:
coopasonic wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:14 pm It'll be $30 on D+ initially. Image
I will never cough up premium theater money to watch a movie in my own home on a service I'm already paying a subscription for.
We paid a couple weekends ago so that we could have family movie night watching Raya and the Last Dragon at home. Could we have waited until it's included in our subscription at the beginning of June and saved $30? Sure...but kids aren't exactly picky about the big-screen movie theater experience. They just want to see a good movie, eat popcorn, and have a fun night. We accomplished that goal perfectly, and the $30 price tag is still less than we would have spent on tickets for all five of us at the theater.

So what are my plans for Black Widow? I really want to see that one on the big screen, so I may round up a few vaccinated friends and rent a theater for $150...find nine others to share the cost, and it's a pretty good deal.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

i can't believe Moon Knight is finally being made
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

disarm wrote:
Paingod wrote:
coopasonic wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:14 pm It'll be $30 on D+ initially. Image
We paid a couple weekends ago so that we could have family movie night watching Raya and the Last Dragon at home. Could we have waited until it's included in our subscription at the beginning of June and saved $30? Sure...but kids aren't exactly picky about the big-screen movie theater experience. They just want to see a good movie, eat popcorn, and have a fun night. We accomplished that goal perfectly, and the $30 price tag is still less than we would have spent on tickets for all five of us at the theater.

So what are my plans for Black Widow? I really want to see that one on the big screen, so I may round up a few vaccinated friends and rent a theater for $150...find nine others to share the cost, and it's a pretty good deal.
$150 is all it takes to rent a theater?
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

msteelers wrote:$150 is all it takes to rent a theater?
That's the going rate here locally too. I've seen it as low as $100 depending on the movie. That may just be pandemic pricing though. Our local theater rented them out for birthday parties pre-pandemic and I looked into it one time. I remember it being quite a bit more for those.
disarm

Post by disarm »

YellowKing wrote:
msteelers wrote:$150 is all it takes to rent a theater?
That's the going rate here locally too. I've seen it as low as $100 depending on the movie. That may just be pandemic pricing though. Our local theater rented them out for birthday parties pre-pandemic and I looked into it one time. I remember it being quite a bit more for those.
Our local Cinemark theater ranges from $150 for twenty people to watch a new release, down to $100 to watch re-releases of old movies. We haven't done it yet, but that's mostly been because we don't make plans far enough in advance and they're booked solid by the time we try.

I'll definitely be looking into it for Black Widow though.
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

That’s wild. After not seeing a movie for over a year, I could probably talk my wife into actually doing that. Our local theater is still closed unfortunately. I got hopeful last time I was at the mall and saw they had a Black Widow poster up. But it had the November date...
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

Marvel would like to reassure you that there are a lot of Marvel movies in your future.

The most interesting bits:
  • First clips (I think) from Eternals.
  • New titles for Black Panther 2 (Wakanda Forever) and Captain Marvel 2 (The Marvels)
  • A brief flash of Fantastic Four logo
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

AWS260 wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:29 am
  • A brief flash of Fantastic Four logo
He/Him/His/Porcupine
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

AWS260 wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:29 am Marvel would like to reassure you that there are a lot of Marvel movies in your future.
I am well aware that this trailer is the Mouse working Movie Marketing Magic to the max, and yet I am totally OK with that. That was awesome. Cannot wait to be back in the theater...

Paingod wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:06 pm
coopasonic wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:14 pm It'll be $30 on D+ initially. :P
Disarm already elucidated the use case pretty well, but lol; that's not premium theater money for a family. I'm not proud that I've paid it, but during the pandemic especially it was an easy decision for a movie we all wanted to see. $30 plus home snacks vs $70-$100 for the 4 of us to go to the theater that we can't go to anyway.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

stessier

Post by stessier »

Zaxxon wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:51 am
AWS260 wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:29 am Marvel would like to reassure you that there are a lot of Marvel movies in your future.
I am well aware that this trailer is the Mouse working Movie Marketing Magic to the max, and yet I am totally OK with that. That was awesome. Cannot wait to be back in the theater...
Yeah, that was amazing. The Endgame reaction got me to tear up.

And what a line up! They should only sell tickets to vaccinated people - given the popularity of the films, should get us to herd immunity in no time. :P
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

stessier wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 11:16 am And what a line up! They should only sell tickets to vaccinated people - given the popularity of the films, should get us to herd immunity in no time. :P
I find your ideas intriguing and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
naednek

Post by naednek »

stessier wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 11:16 am
That made me cringe. Cheering\yelling during a movie? Dudes, the producers\actors can't hear you. You're loudness is ruining it for others.
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

naednek wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 5:43 pm
stessier wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 11:16 am
That made me cringe. Cheering\yelling during a movie? Dudes, the producers\actors can't hear you. You're loudness is ruining it for others.
You're not one for opening night, then, eh? Ordinarily I'd agree with you, but you goes for an opening night superhero showing, you gets the opening night superhero crowd.