Just bought gas for under $3

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

stessier

Re: Just bought gas for under $3

Post by stessier »

pr0ner wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 10:55 am
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Apparently that's an old video, but I'm sure it's happening. People are freaking dumb. The worst part is that people like me don't run and and buy shit and end up more screwed than the idiots.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
malchior

Post by malchior »

It looks like NJ's ban on self-serve finally has a compelling use case.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I have not filled up my car since the end of March. I think I have 1/2 tank still. Like pressure treated lumber, if I had any idea of future price surges, I would have hoarded it.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

As I work for assholes I'm using a tank a week to get to work. The other car only moves once or twice a week.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

I'm in the office more than I am at home nowadays. So I'm filling up at least once a month. That extra $4 for a month's worth of essential driving is nothing in the scheme of anything longer than going out to lunch but it still raises an eyebrow. Of a larger but still not yet life changing concern is the $50 grocery shop turning in to the $70 grocery shop and not knowing if I am even going to get what I went in for. If I was still in pay off the house and coupon cutting mode that extra $20 a grocery shop several times a month would be a very large concern, and even then it would mean a lot less to me than it would to most.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Main car minimum of once a week if just shuttling wife to/from her jobs. More if we go somewhere.

Little car generally stays home but is getting used more lately. Both need oil changes and the little car needs brakes.
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I hope that person in the video is a smoker.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
stessier

Post by stessier »

This video is meh, but the post script cracked me up.

I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

I don't burn that much gas right now but recently on a trailer trip to the coast I paid $4.39 for gas.
Black Lives Matter
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Anonymous Bosch wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 11:48 am Raleigh, Charlotte: More than 70% of gas stations without fuel Wednesday
wxii12.com wrote:RALEIGH, N.C. — More than 70% of gas stations in the Raleigh and Charlotte areas are without fuel Wednesday morning, according to GasBuddy, a website and mobile app that helps people find the cheapest gas near them.

As of 8:30 a.m. Wednesday, 71% percent of gas stations in the Charlotte area are out of fuel, and 72% percent of all Raleigh-area gas stations are reportedly out of fuel.

Nearly a quarter of all gas stations in North Carolina are without gasoline Wednesday as drivers continue to line up at the pump to refill.

North Carolina has the highest percentage of gasoline outages on the east coast, primarily because of what analysts say is unwarranted panic-buying among drivers, as the shutdown of Colonial Pipeline by a gang of hackers entered its fifth day Tuesday.
Yeah, our local news stations here in Florida keep running stories about the shortages and mentioning how it doesn't affect Florida, but no doubt we're going to have some gas hoarding by the weekend. Heaven knows I've filled up my two cars :wink:

Of course this is old hat to me, I was in college during the 1973 oil shortage, which was a doozy.
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I remember the hubbub around the 1973 shortage but I was only 4 years old. I mean if you need gas then go to a station..sheesh :)

10 years later I realized it was why we has such shitty cars in the 70s and 80s.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Gas is up 20 cents since the weekend at my local Casey's. I may use this is an excuse for not going to a friend's daughter's college graduation party this Sunday, but since it's for a dead friend's daughter, I think I'll feel shitty for not going. She got her degree in nuclear engineering, which incidentally is what the Navy was going to send me to Northwestern for (her dad went to the Merchant Marine Academy, then bailed on the navy after his required 3 year term).
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

sounds like "What were they thinking!??" to have only one company with one pipeline support the entire eastern coast.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

We have a pretty silly sounding and kinda useless thing called Space Force why cant we get a real thing to handle cyber security. Fund an entire division / organization to handle that. Could call it Cyberdyne or something else cool.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

It's almost as if people are the problem.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Never heard of them. Hackers seem better than them.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Daehawk wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 11:14 pm Never heard of them. Hackers seem better than them.
It's a bit more complicated than that. :)
malchior

Post by malchior »

Good primer on inflation expectations
But the hair-trigger media response was part of a broader phenomenon: Many commentators just don’t seem able to keep any perspective about the bumps and blips of a booming economy.

There definitely is a boom underway, even if a vast majority of Republicans claim to believe that the economy is getting worse. All indications are that we’re headed for the fastest year of growth since the “Morning in America” boom of 1983-1984. What’s not to like?

Well, booming economies often run into temporary bottlenecks, which show up in surging prices for selected goods. For example, the price of copper tripled between December 2008 and February 2011, even though recovery from the 2008 recession was fairly sluggish.

The bottleneck problem is especially severe now, because the pandemic slump was, to use the technical term, weird, and so is the recovery now underway. Consumer spending didn’t follow the patterns it exhibits in a conventional recession, and we’re now facing unusual disruptions as a result.

The great lumber shortage is a case in point. Outlays on housing usually plunge in a recession. In 2020, however, with many people stuck at home, Americans actually splurged on home improvements. Lumber producers didn’t see that coming and scaled back, leaving them without enough capacity to meet demand. So the price of two-by-fours has gone through the (unaffordable) roof.

But do such bottlenecks pose a risk to overall recovery? Do they mean that policymakers need to pull back? No. The overwhelming lesson of the past 15 years or so is that short-term fluctuations in raw material prices tell you nothing about future inflation, and that policymakers that overreact to these fluctuations — like the European Central Bank, which raised interest rates in the midst of a debt crisis because it was spooked by commodity prices — are always sorry in retrospect.

Raw material shortages, then, aren’t a major problem. What about labor shortages?

Many employers are currently complaining that they can’t find enough workers, despite widespread joblessness; Federal Reserve officials believe that the true unemployment rate is still close to 10 percent. How seriously should we take these complaints?

As it happens, I’ve been poring over a report titled “U.S. Small Businesses Struggle to Find Qualified Employees.” The report summarized a survey conducted by Gallup and Wells Fargo, which found a majority of businesses saying that it was hard to hire workers.

Oh, did I mention the date on the report? Feb. 15, 2013 — a time when there were three unemployed workers for every job opening. There was, in fact, no shortage of qualified labor, and the unemployment rate kept falling for another seven years.

So what was that about? Employers in a depressed economy get used to being able to fill vacancies easily. When the economy improves hiring gets a bit harder; sometimes you have to attract workers by offering higher wages. And employers experience that as a labor shortage.

But that’s how the economy is supposed to work! Employers competing for workers by raising wages isn’t a problem, it’s what we want to see.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

malchior wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 12:32 am
Daehawk wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 11:14 pm Never heard of them. Hackers seem better than them.
Yeah, thwarted attacks don't make the news.
Anonymous Bosch

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

malchior wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 12:35 am Good primer on inflation expectations
Right, because who could fault the sage augury of Paul Krugman, whose history is replete with whacky predictions and bad advice, and who famously prognosticated that by 2005 it would be clear that "the Internet’s impact on the economy has been no greater than the fax machine’s"? :P
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
malchior

Post by malchior »

Anonymous Bosch wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 1:33 am
malchior wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 12:35 am Good primer on inflation expectations
Right, because who could fault the sage augury of Paul Krugman, whose history is replete with whacky predictions and bad advice, and who famously prognosticated that by 2005 it would be clear that "the Internet’s impact on the economy has been no greater than the fax machine’s"? :P
Guess they should take his Nobel prize in economics back. The man wasn't perfect.

More relevant than his views on technology is that he got nearly everything right about the economics of the after effects of the great recession. He calculated out the too small stimulus, hammered away at the zombie ideas about inflation, and essentially communicated it often and loudly. He isn't always right but he is the expert on economics and especially IS-LM. It informed that article above and what he said makes a ton of sense.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Kraken wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 1:04 am
malchior wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 12:32 am
Yeah, thwarted attacks don't make the news.
On the gas price front some interesting news this morning.

1. Colonial has an open position advertising for a Cybersecurity Manager. <insert picard_facepalm.gif>

2. Word is getting out that answers one question - why was the pipeline shut down? They had early claimed only the corporate network was hit. This was curious. At least to me, I conducted two war games with Liquified Natural Gas (LNG) producers and pipeline operators in Oct/Nov of 2020. To get a shutdown on any of those pipelines required combinations of systems to be compromised. If the digital monitoring controls were compromised there were physical backups even. They were designed to operate safety and have high up times.

In Colonial's case, it turns out the pipeline may truly not have been impacted but up in nougaty center of the corporate networks was the company's billing system. It was likely encrypted or taken out of service by impacts from the attack. The reason the pipeline was down was because they weren't going to be able to properly bill their customers. <insert picard_doublefacepalm.gif>
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

If that ends up being true. They should be liable for everyone’s hike in gas prices.

It’s not that our pipeline was froze shut, it’s that’s those that profit off it didn’t want it to work unless they could properly profit off it.

What bullshit.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Worse the news just crossed my desk that the cyber insurers are on the hook for $15M (Axa XL and Beazley). So they were possibly negligent and they aren't going to be out of pocket on it. I really want these insurance companies to start putting the screws to companies or deny coverage.
Anonymous Bosch

A more pertinent primer on inflation expectations from the top of the fold of today's New York Times:

Inflation Is Here. What Now?
nytimes.com wrote:The central fact of the American economy in mid-2021 is that demand for all sorts of goods and services has surged. But supplies are coming back slowly, with the economy acting like a creaky machine that was turned off for a year and has some rusty parts.

The result, as underlined in new government data this week, is shortages and price inflation across many parts of the economy. That is putting the Biden administration and the Federal Reserve in a jam that is only partly of their own making.

Higher prices and the other problems that result from an economy that reboots itself are frustrating, but should be temporary. Still, the longer that the surges in prices continue and the more parts of the economy that they encompass, the greater the chances that Americans’ psychology about prices and inflation could shift in ways that become self-sustaining.

For the last few decades, companies have resisted raising prices or paying higher wages because they felt that doing so would cost them too much business. That put a damper on inflation across the economy. The question is whether current circumstances are evolving in a way that could change that.

“Now the genie’s out of the bottle,” said Kristin Forbes, an economist at M.I.T. and a former official at the U.S. Treasury and the Bank of England. “If everybody else is raising prices, it becomes a lot easier for you to do that, too.”

To understand the bewildering mix of forces at play, consider what’s going on at your nearest used-car lot.

The price of used cars and trucks rose 10 percent in April, according to the latest federal data, one major factor in pushing the Consumer Price Index to its steepest year-over-year jump in 13 years. People in the car business say that this has not one cause, but several — each with different implications for the economy and for policy.

Some involve the microeconomic decisions made by companies and consumers many months ago that are still rippling through the automobile market.

Rental car companies reduced their fleets during the pandemic-induced collapse in travel, and are now struggling to rebuild their inventories — and therefore are not selling the used cars that in a normal market they would continually be unloading. New car sales fell last year during the pandemic, resulting in fewer trade-ins finding their way into the used-car market, and now new car sales are being held back by a shortage of microchips.

There isn’t much that government policy can do to fix those problems, unless it involves a time machine. But government policies are part of the story.

The combined $2,000 per-person stimulus checks most Americans received in the early months of the year amount to a healthy down payment for many families. Generous unemployment benefits are helping contain the number of delinquent auto loans, and in turn the supplies of repossessed cars on the market. Low interest rate policies from the Fed have made financing cheap.

But let’s imagine that, in response to the problem, the Fed raised interest rates or that Congress increased taxes to claw back stimulus payments.

Those actions alone wouldn’t create more microchips or let rental car companies undo decisions from a year ago. Higher interest rates or taxes might even make things worse, if the actions led suppliers to hold back on investing in new capacity for fear demand would fall in the future.

The used-car market may start to stabilize late this year, but the problems are unlikely to be fully worked out until 2022, said Jessica Caldwell, an auto industry analyst with Edmunds.

“The only winners here are people that have a vehicle they want to get rid of,” she said. “If you have a car to sell that you don’t need, it is bonkers what you can get for it.”

Ultimately, what matters more than whatever the bond market does is how ordinary Americans who make everyday economic decisions — demanding raises or not, paying more for a car or not — view things. Can they wait for the complex machinery of the American economy to fully crank into gear?
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

All part of our right when you need it supply chain.
naednek

Post by naednek »

Blackhawk wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 6:30 pm $2.99 across the board. The pipeline doesn't supply Indiana, but I still expect people to panic-buy. The gas, the bread, and milk.
that's cute. PEople freaking out over $3.00 gas. Come to California, we're into the $4 range, and that's not even the highest.
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
malchior

Post by malchior »

Anonymous Bosch wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 11:14 am A more pertinent primer on inflation expectations from the top of the fold of today's New York Times:
I read that earlier. It's a fine explainer and I'll point out that the piece essentially aligns with some of Krugman's comments but expands to talk about potential inflation 'contagion'. Which Krugman actually did talk about in other venues (such as Twitter).

Note that in no way am I saying inflation can't be a problem. However, the Fed told us early and often it would be expected. This is generally the case in any economic expansion but more acute in the return from a severely disrupted economy. They are trying to avoid inflation hysteria. That IMO is the most important thing to take from this NY Times piece. Managing expectations is the biggest challenge the Fed faces. Which was also Krugman's point as well (re: complaining a bit about Yellen's comments).

More interesting to me is that the section of the article below. The policy lens is strongly keen on keeping a close eye on things. They are going to have to figure out what elements are just things thawing (e.g., restaurants and airlines), things with supply issues (e.g., corn, lumber, metals), and see if 'inflation contagion' takes hold. If it does then the Fed will need to step in and stomp it which will be painful and frankly no one wants a Fed intervention.

Heck sometimes you just need to put it in perspective, the core inflation rate rose 3% annualized aka 0.25% month-over-month. A basket of non-volatile goods valued at $1000 in March may cost $1002.50 in April. If this continued for a year, that basket would cost roughly $1030.50. Not awesome but also hardly at a level society where society is going to spiral into flames.
For now, movements in key financial markets mostly align with the Fed view.

Futures contracts for major commodities like oil and copper, for example, suggest that traders expect prices to fall slightly in the years ahead, not rise further.

And in the bond market, even after a surge in longer-term interest rates following the high inflation reading Wednesday, most signs point to future inflation consistent with the 2 percent the Fed aims for.

Still, the level of future inflation implied by those bond prices has risen significantly in the last few weeks, meaning further moves are likely to increase worries that the inflation issues will be not-so-transitory after all. And the pattern could change abruptly if more evidence starts to arrive that the outlook for inflation is becoming unmoored.

“We aren’t obviously on the way to a very high and persistent inflation outcome,” said Brian Sack, director of global economics at the hedge fund D.E. Shaw and a former senior Federal Reserve official. “But we’re at an inflection point, in that the rise in inflation expectations to date has been a policy success, but a rise from here could become a policy problem.”
Anonymous Bosch

malchior wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 12:45 amHeck sometimes you just need to put it in perspective, the core inflation rate rose 3% annualized aka 0.25% month-over-month. A basket of non-volatile goods valued at $1000 in March may cost $1002.50 in April. If this continued for a year, that basket would cost roughly $1030.50. Not awesome but also hardly at a level society where society is going to spiral into flames.
That's one way of looking at it. Another would to be to consider the trajectory of the monthly CPI numbers -- every month it accelerates. The monthly rises in CPI through the first quarter show an unmistakable upward trend. The CPI in January was up 0.3%, it was up 0.4% in February, and it rose 0.6% in March. That totals a 1.013% increase in Q1 alone. If that trend continues every quarter this year, we could be looking at a better than 4% gain in CPI. Which Krugman acknowledged could be an issue, concluding his op-ed with a platitude about his faith in the Fed's ability to "tap on the brakes":
Paul Krugman wrote:As for overheating: Yes, it could be an issue. We’ve just passed a very large economic relief package, and households are sitting on huge savings. So an excessive boom is possible. But if that happens, the Fed can and, I believe, will tap on the brakes — something I can say because, thankfully, I’m not a public official.
But as another economist at Forbes observes:
forbes.com wrote:The Fed notes that some of our current inflationary pressures will recede in the coming months, and that’s true. More people will, eventually, be willing to work. Work slowdowns at ports will end with the pandemic, allowing more goods to appear on store shelves. If the stimulus were to end this month or next, we could expect recent price increases to abate by year-end. But that’s not going to happen.

Federal Reserve chairman Jerome Powell spoke accurately when he said “If it turns out unwanted inflation pressures arise, and they’re persistent, we have the tools to deal with that.” The Fed does have the tools, but here’s the problem: they won’t use their anti-inflation tools in time.

The Fed’s first mistake is forgetting time lags in monetary policy. Fed tightening will only have small effect on inflation the first year, with stronger impacts two and three years out. That implies that effective policy would look forward at likely inflation and nip it in the bud. However, the Fed’s new policy, adopted in 2020, says they will wait until they see inflation actually increase; and not just until inflation hits their two-percent target, but rises above it for a while. Only then will the Fed act. The organization’s leaders and staff economists are not so stupid that they don’t believe in time lags, but their inflation forecasting models have done so poorly in recent years that the Fed places little credence in them. And that’s not a dig at the Fed; pretty much everyone’s inflation forecasting models have performed poorly as well. So the Fed is shrugging its shoulders and saying that they can’t forecast inflation, so they’ll wait until they see it hang around for a while.

Unfortunately, waiting until inflation accelerates well above target is a prescription for disaster.

The Fed’s second mistake is a bias to run the economy hot. Go back to January 2020, just before the novel coronavirus hit the United States. That was the best time ever to find a job if you were a high school dropout with a prison record. No business managers were actually looking for dropouts with a rap sheet, but they were hiring whoever they could find. As a result, it was a good environment for the most disadvantaged people in our country. The Fed is now woke and will run the economy hot in the name of equity.

That will lead to the Fed’s third mistake: slow response to accelerating inflation. When it is obvious that inflation has risen, and the public is angry about rising prices, the Fed will, most likely, tap the brakes gently so as to not spoil the hot job market. But gently tapping the brakes won’t change the path of inflation in the first year. More gentle tapping will have little effect, even while public disapproval of inflation is likely to rise. That disapproval may even lead voters to swing both the House and the Senate to Republican control in 2022. And that might be a wake-up call to the Fed.

Then the Federal Reserve is likely to see that gentle tapping is not working, so it will stomp hard on the brakes. Remember the long time lags. Stomping hard will push interest rates up significantly, with little apparent effect. And then the cumulative effects of the monetary tightening will take us into recession. As layoffs proliferate, and the most recently hired get fired, the Fed’s hearts will be touched and they will hit the gas. The early rounds of easing may have little obvious effect—those pesky time lags, again—so the Fed will put the gas pedal to the metal.

Thus boom-bust cycles are born.

This path is not certain by a long way. The Fed does have the tools to prevent wild swings in the economy. To do so, though, the Fed will have to say no to stimulus early—like, this month or next. They will have to (quietly) speak to the administration about its fiscal stimulus. They will have to tolerate some unemployment, though mostly likely in the form of longer job searches rather than permanent joblessness. The upside potential is that we could get back to a period like the late 1990s, when stable inflation, low budget deficits and sometimes surpluses, led to economic growth and stability. That’s the long-shot, though, given the Fed’s current attitudes.
And let's not forget that the same people assuring us the inflation is transitory were also assuring us subprime was contained leading up to the 2008 financial crisis.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Anonymous Bosch wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 1:12 pm
malchior wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 12:45 amHeck sometimes you just need to put it in perspective, the core inflation rate rose 3% annualized aka 0.25% month-over-month. A basket of non-volatile goods valued at $1000 in March may cost $1002.50 in April. If this continued for a year, that basket would cost roughly $1030.50. Not awesome but also hardly at a level society where society is going to spiral into flames.
That's one way of looking at it. Another would to be to consider the trajectory of the monthly CPI numbers -- every month it accelerates. The monthly rises in CPI through the first quarter show an unmistakable upward trend. The CPI in January was up 0.3%, it was up 0.4% in February, and it rose 0.6% in March. That totals a 1.013% increase in Q1 alone. If that trend continues every quarter this year, we could be looking at a better than 4% gain in CPI. Which Krugman acknowledged could be an issue, concluding his op-ed with a platitude about his faith in the Fed's ability to "tap on the brakes":
Paul Krugman wrote:As for overheating: Yes, it could be an issue. We’ve just passed a very large economic relief package, and households are sitting on huge savings. So an excessive boom is possible. But if that happens, the Fed can and, I believe, will tap on the brakes — something I can say because, thankfully, I’m not a public official.
Yes the trend is has an up arrow but that it'll continue is again unknown. I'll keep hammering away that we lack enough evidence. Especially in the face of a well understood model that *expects* inflation on any expansion. Could it be too big? Yes. Is that worse than if it is too small? No. We have years of evidence of that in recent history.
I don't particularly care what Bill Conerly says. He isn't 100% wrong on the macro stuff but there is no predictive power to anything he says here other than talking about worst cases. There isn't any semblance of a real model here. Meanwhile, 10-year treasury rates are running at ~1.6%. Where's the panic there? Where actual money is on the line we see relative calm. Markets aren't perfect either but I think is just that ... hysteria. Until we get evidence. Again I'll pound away that we certainly need a whole lot more evidence. And we need a model for it which is basically people just waving their hands around.

I also don't care that Bill Conerly worries they'll be behind the ball. That's implicit to reality. The Fed can only look back with relative certainty but they use models to make the best decisions looking forward and they have a damn good track record. If you don't trust them...cool but they'll probably be right which is what matters in the end.
This path is not certain by a long way. The Fed does have the tools to prevent wild swings in the economy. To do so, though, the Fed will have to say no to stimulus early—like, this month or next.
This in particular is why I don't give a flying eff about what he says because *this is the game*. I made an observation over in P&R where it belongs but he like all the inflation screamers have an agenda. And I *do not trust them*. If you do, cool. But I think you're falling for propaganda.
And let's not forget that the same people assuring us the inflation is transitory were also assuring us subprime was contained leading up to the 2008 financial crisis.
People and institutions get stuff wrong but that doesn't mean they are usually wrong or wrong this time. I'm sure some are the same people but notably Powell in particular was private equity in industry (literally industrial investing) at the time.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

A Hummer burst into flames late Wednesday morning right after firefighters say the driver filled up several gas cans in Citrus County.
According to a spokesperson for Citrus County Fire Rescue, the driver had just filled up gas cans at the Texaco Food Mart near the scene. Firefighters found four 5-gallon containers filled with gasoline in the back of the Hummer.
Enlarge Image
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Today was the first day I saw things getting somewhat back to normal. Most gas stations still had a car at every pump, but no huge lines.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I sure hope Colonial got to charge everyone and didn't miss someone :roll: :doh:
stessier

Post by stessier »

Gas is down to $3.35 by me. I track this and this is the lowest it's been since 2/24/22 (it was $3.25 at that point).
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Dropped to $3.52 near me, still see $3.99 at some places in Huntsville.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

Media here (MD) is telling us to expect prices back above $4 on Sunday when the month-long suspension of the state gas tax concludes. I don't know for sure where things stand since I've been on spring break this week, but might fill my half-empty tank tomorrow rather than waiting for Tuesday.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Looks like $3.65 here.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Casey's by me was $3.80 Thursday morning (the lowest within 20 miles as far as I could tell). Thursday evening it was $4.35, now among the highest in that same radius.
Black Lives Matter
Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

$3.59 today. Won't need gas again until the end of the week, but will curious to see what the sign says when I go back to work on Tuesday.