MLB 2021 Post Season

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Lassr

Re: MLB 2021 Post Season

Post by Lassr »

They didn't blow it! Braves Win!
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Dodgers had second and third, no outs in the 7th. This is why the Angels gave up on Pujols.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
naednek

Post by naednek »

All is right in the world
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
Hrdina

Post by Hrdina »

Hrdina wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:02 pm
Jaymann wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:31 pm I have revised my rooting to Red Sox vs. Braves.
The four teams I wanted to advance to the NLCS/ALCS all lost, so I don't plan to advertise my rooting this time around.
Well, that did not work at all. I was hoping to see Sox/Dodgers in the World Series.

Go 'stros?
Conform or be cast out!
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

I was told that SF/LA was the "real" world series.
Black Lives Matter

"To wield Grond, the mighty hammer of the Federal Government, is to be intoxicated with power beyond what you and I can reckon (though I figure we can ball park it pretty good with computers and maths). Need to tunnel through a mountain? Grond. Kill a mighty ogre? Grond. Hangnail? Grond. Spider? Grond (actually, that's a legit use, moreso than the rest)." - Peacedog
naednek

Post by naednek »

noxiousdog wrote:I was told that SF/LA was the "real" world series.
It was.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

IImage
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Biyobi

Post by Biyobi »

So did SI ask him that question specifically or did he just throw that out there?
Black Lives Matter
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Biyobi wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:03 pm So did SI ask him that question specifically or did he just throw that out there?
Some things just had to be said. I suppose when contemplating things he never done before, anal ranked right up there with being in the World Series.
Black Lives Matter
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

Hey, Joe Buck....

I know you wanted to make Altuve a product of Minute Maid Park, but his career splits are as follows:
Home: .304/.362/.466
Away: .311/.358/.457
Black Lives Matter

"To wield Grond, the mighty hammer of the Federal Government, is to be intoxicated with power beyond what you and I can reckon (though I figure we can ball park it pretty good with computers and maths). Need to tunnel through a mountain? Grond. Kill a mighty ogre? Grond. Hangnail? Grond. Spider? Grond (actually, that's a legit use, moreso than the rest)." - Peacedog
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Maybe I won't jinx them but 7-0 B9. Go Braves!!
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

YES!!!!!!!!!

Black Lives Matter
Hrothgar

Post by Hrothgar »

Congrats to Atlanta. They played a heck of a series, especially their pitchers shutting down a strong Houston line up.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

That was a rather emphatic finish.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

Glad to see the Astros lose.
Black Lives Matter
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

Congrats to the Braves. They played some amazing baseball.
Black Lives Matter

Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Was hilarious to see so many last night say over and over “World” champions, emphasis on “world”. :D

One of the silliest traditions in sport imo (at this level).
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Congrats to the Braves. Glad that they won, especially since they hadn't won in 21 years. They had quite the turnaround this season. And all things considered I'm happy with the 2021 season - the second half was certainly hard to watch, but after getting through that and squeaking into the playoffs, getting two games from the World Series is a pretty remarkable accomplishment.

Now ideally the Red Sox will re-sign Schwarber and bring in a marquee free agent plus some talent, but back in the real world I'm pretty sure that ownership is still pretending that the luxury tax is a hard salary cap, so guessing Schwarber will leave and we'll sign a pu pu platter of available mid-range talent.
Black Lives Matter.
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

Cubs are claiming they're going to be spenders this offseason. Wouldn't it be funny if they signed free agent deals with Schwarber, Bryant, Rizzo, and Baez?

(Not going to happen since they claim they're going to be "smart spenders", which I believe is sports PR for, "We're not really going to be spenders.")
That's my purse! I don't know you!
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

El Guapo wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:05 am Congrats to the Braves. Glad that they won, especially since they hadn't won in 21 years. They had quite the turnaround this season. And all things considered I'm happy with the 2021 season - the second half was certainly hard to watch, but after getting through that and squeaking into the playoffs, getting two games from the World Series is a pretty remarkable accomplishment.

Now ideally the Red Sox will re-sign Schwarber and bring in a marquee free agent plus some talent, but back in the real world I'm pretty sure that ownership is still pretending that the luxury tax is a hard salary cap, so guessing Schwarber will leave and we'll sign a pu pu platter of available mid-range talent.
Albert Pujols is available for that pu pu platter. Angels need pitching, pitching, and more pitching. I can't believe Dylan Bundy is only 29. He pitches more like Al Bundy.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter