Random randomness

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Skinypupy

Re: Random randomness

Post by Skinypupy »

Pyperkub wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:27 pm I work with a Product Called OnBase for document management and am running a kickoff meeting this afternoon.

I'm starting with this classic bit!
I don’t think I’ve ever actually seen the full “Who’s On First” bit before. The timing on that is incredible.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Skinypupy wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:46 am
Pyperkub wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:27 pm I work with a Product Called OnBase for document management and am running a kickoff meeting this afternoon.

I'm starting with this classic bit!
I don’t think I’ve ever actually seen the full “Who’s On First” bit before. The timing on that is incredible.
Abbott and Costello are very, very underrated now, but they were fantastic. "Whaddaya askin' me for?!!!" :D :D :D
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Agree. "Who's on First" is genius. The timing is fantastic.

I'm not familiar with much of their stuff. But periodically my Pandora comedy channel will play one where they tell a fishing story. It's also good. Some day I should probably hunt down some more of their stuff.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

And a bit of Friday humor:

What happens if you get an injury playing peek-a-boo?
Spoiler:
You have to go to the ICU
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

boo-boo
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

A sin to make a terrapin panna cotta in a terracotta pot, it's not.

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I used to be a huge Abbot & Costello fan. My local station in California used to play their movies and The Abbott and Costello Show all the time when I was in my early teens, and I got hooked. In fact, when we got our first VCR, the very first movie I bought - the first self-owned movie anyone in my family ever had - was Africa Screams.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I liked them too. I think I was first a fan in the early 80s when I was a young teen and TBS out of Atlanta on my cable showed their old stuff.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Why must one of these four pie flavours go away forever? It makes no sense! I reject your premise. There is no Sophie's Choice of pies!

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Sardines right before bed yes or no?

And yes I live alone....well my little chihuahua sleeps with me. But he loves them too.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

A random website says "As a general rule of thumb, nutritionists will tell you to wait about three hours between your last meal and bedtime. 1 This allows digestion to occur and the contents of your stomach to move into your small intestine. This may prevent problems like heartburn at night and even insomnia."

The Meal is more than a snack, though. I always have about 1/4 cup of nuts about an hour before bedtime and it's never bothered me.

I haven't had sardines since I was a starving college student, but a long time ago sardines-on-saltines was my late-night go-to.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I have learned that fast food burgers or marinara do not make for good pre-bedtime meals.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

I learned that watching Jaws before bed is never a good idea. Seriously awful shark attack dreams last night.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Saw Jaws right before a Florida trip as a kid. Not fun.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Skinypupy wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:05 am I learned that watching Jaws before bed is never a good idea. Seriously awful shark attack dreams last night.
Especially while eating sardines.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Blimey! I hate having a bad crick in me neck.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Wanted some ketchup and decided Heinz this time. I take time about and switch it up between Heinz, Hunts, and a Save A Lot house brand called Kurtz. All are great. I grew up on Heinz so this time it was their turn . There were a LOT of styles of Heinz ketchup Id never heard of before on the shelf. But if I want ketchup I just want plain ketchup so thats why this one called Simply Heinz from them caught my eye. Says its all natural and uses cane sugar. Yum. It is very very good. If Im not mistaken its the same as when I was a little kid in the early 1970s.

Enlarge Image
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

You need to rein it in, man. You keep living in the fast lane like this and you’re gonna end up using catsup.
Covfefe!
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I dont like catsup.
telcta

Post by telcta »

My childhood home in Pittsburgh was on a hill overlooking the Heinz plant. We called it the pickle plant because you could take tours and receive a little green pickle pin. I never did the tour but one thing I remember is the constant smell of vinegar. Couple big smoke stacks with “57” on them. I don’t think they produce anything in that plant anymore,

I should dig out some old home movies, I’m sure there are some with us playing in the small yard with Heinz in the background, and behind that, if you could see through the pollution, was the city. That city really transformed since the 70’s.

I still use Heinz Ketchup… never cared for Hunts.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Oh good Lord. My house insurance is $78 a month and when I pay they add a $5 fee for the hassle of me actually paying them.

I just renewed a week ago so today I called to see when my first bill is due. Its this month and I said well since I had them on the phone I might as well pay it. She said thats $68. I asked if something changed and she said theres no fees when I pay early before the bill is even sent out. Huh? So all last year I could have saved $15 a bill if Id just paid at the start of the month instead of the end of the month after my bill arrived??...wtfh.
stessier

Post by stessier »

None of that math works out, but I'm glad you saved some money!
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

He called the wrong number. Of course they're going to give him a discount.
Covfefe!
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Well I did hear mention of sex toys and something about bookings in Thailand . But think that was the tv in the background as she was working from home.
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Opening and watching a bed in a box expand today was more exciting and satisfying than it should have been.
He/Him/His/Porcupine
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Jaymann wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:21 pm Image
:lol:

I too have always been a traditionalist. Heinz for ketchup. My one set of penny-pinching grandparents always bought Hunts, and it was the base for my grandma's barbecue sauce so I'm fond of it for that reason. However Mrs. Nym turned things on their head when she began insisting we use French's rather than Heinz's ketchup because they have Canadian production facilities, but she doesn't even remember her specific motivation anymore. Honestly, I don't use the condiment a lot... my dad smothers everything reasonable with it and black pepper. But even fries, if they're good, I'd rather have nude. Ketchup is for bad fries. Most sandwiches where you'd use ketchup (e.g. burgers) are better with BBQ sauce.

Both French's and Heinz are fine for yellow mustard. Heinz because my other grandad preferred it for whatever reason. I think yellow mustard is derided, but it's an essential condiment. My favourite use is as a tuna salad ingredient. I love fancy artisanal mustards, but on a hot dog I usually just want the yellow stuff.

Mayo however is a battle zone. I was raised on Miracle Whip, Mrs. Nym on the real thing. I've given in because I also enjoy the latter, but it lacks something.

LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Sudy wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:35 pm Mayo however is a battle zone. I was raised on Miracle Whip, Mrs. Nym on the real thing. I've given in because I also enjoy the latter,
Each item has its place. Miracle Whip is better for cheap sandwich. Mayo is better on burger with a grilled bun. Miracle Whip makes a better tuna/chicken/pasta/etc... salad. Mayo is better for grilling bread. Miracle Whip is better in grilled ham and cheese. I would never dip my fries in Miracle Whip.

I only keep Miracle Whip in my household because I only tend to make the things I like Miracle Whip for better. Fortunately, when I eat out, I only tend to order things I'd prefer Mayo on.
but it lacks something.
Last edited by LordMortis on Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

There is so much of that that I simply do not understand...
Mayo is better on burger with a grilled bun.
Mayo is better for grilling bread.
Miracle Whip is better in grilled ham and cheese.
I would never dip my fries in Miracle Whip.
:naughty:

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Mayo is better on burger with a grilled bun.
Miracle Whip flat out isn't very good on a burger. Mayo is an acceptable mild flavor add.
Mayo is better for grilling bread.
If you grill bread, sometimes try using Mayo instead of butter or margarine. You might find out how much better it is. Of course the best way to grill bread is in lard but my cardiologist pretty much put the kabosh on that.
Miracle Whip is better in grilled ham and cheese.
Again, instead of making a grilled cheese sandwich, you make a grilled ham and cheese (or chicken or turkey and cheese) You grill the bread in Mayo but you use Miracle Whip as a condiment that cooks into the cheese. So good.
I would never dip my fries in Miracle Whip.
Mayo is a fine condiment to dip fries into. Miracle Whip. Nope. Nope. Nope.
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Heh, I remember that commercial.

So yeah, Alton Brown and others swears by using mayo in place of butter/margarine for grilling bread. I think I tried it once... I believe it was good.

Neither mayo nor Miracle Whip touch any deli meat sandwich of mine except for smoked turkey though. Mayo on ham or bologna is gross... especially with cheese. Mayo does not go with cheese. Those are mustard sandwiches.
Last edited by Sudy on Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Sudy wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:35 pm Mayo however is a battle zone. I was raised on Miracle Whip, Mrs. Nym on the real thing.
This is not a battle. These are two completely different, separate condiments that just happen to look the same. They are not interchangeable, including in most recipes.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Sudy wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:12 pm Neither may nor Miracle Whip touch any deli meat sandwich of mine except for smoked turkey though. Mayo on ham or bologna is gross... especially with cheese. Mayo does not go with cheese. Those are mustard sandwiches.
That was more where I was coming from. Ham and cheese are always mustard. Mayo/Miracle Whip would be for the "salads" (tuna or chicken) or for any kind of chicken or turkey sandwich. But not with ham, pastrami, any of the various Italian meats, etc.

Black Lives Matter

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Oh Lord, its mayo wars! Pick your side! Grab yer flag! Pitch yer tent! This hill that hill we'll die upon them all. But stay away from fucktard ridge.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Mayo is the only condiment that inspires brand loyalty. Hellmann's invented it, and many chefs believe that it is still the best. I agree.

I'll buy any ketchup that doesn't have HFCS. I don't use it very often and it all tastes the same to me.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

I bought a bottle of ketchup here a few years back. Still haven't opened it.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Miracle Whip is naaaaasty. Least that was my childhood taste buds. Not tasted it in 40 years.
Madmarcus

Post by Madmarcus »

We are in a time of almost unlimited choice in TV shows and movies. So why am I obsessed with trying to track down the 2011 Chinese TV version of All Men are Brothers / The Water Margin with English subtitles?
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

My habit of waking up with completely random songs running through my head continues strong this week. Yesterday was Billy Joel's "You're Only Human" and today's was Janet Jackson's "Rhythm Nation".

I can't stand either of those songs and doubt I've heard either one in over 20 years. Why they would suddenly jump to the front of my subconscious is entirely beyond me.