Post by naednek »

5 min reveal trailer up

June 13th gameplay trailer goes live

The pounding music is just fantastic
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
Sudy

Re: BattleField 2042

Post by Sudy »

Damn it, I misread this as a sequel to 2142 at first, the last one I actually liked. :cry: It was set far enough into the future that it felt like science-fiction rather than another depressing imperial war hawk's wet dream.

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

In 2142 it’s still an imperial warhawk’s wet dream.
He won. Period.
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Granted, but at least it was one I didn't think I'd live to see come true.

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
raydude

Post by raydude »

naednek wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:10 pm 5 min reveal trailer up

June 13th gameplay trailer goes live

The pounding music is just fantastic
I loved the Battlefield games for a while until I played a few games on large 64 player maps wherein I found a problem - people don't like to lose and most of them are lazy buttheads who just switch to the winning side. I don't know what the solution is, but they've got to find a way to keep players from switching to the current winning side to keep the matches fair through to the end of the game. One could prevent players from switching, but that just incentivizes them to drop out when losing so I don't know what the fix would be.

I'd love to play the 128 player matches but at that size all it takes is a 20% (spitballing here) mismatch in # players per side to swing the match in favor of the team with more players.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Sudy wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:21 pm Damn it, I misread this as a sequel to 2142 at first, the last one I actually liked. :cry: It was set far enough into the future that it felt like science-fiction rather than another depressing imperial war hawk's wet dream.
+1. Remember when we had a wave of World War 2 games that lasted four years and everyone was mocking and moaning about it? "Ugh, another WWII game!" The "modern warfare" wave has been going for 15 years. I'm utterly sick of it. And this is modern warfare - they just jumped it far enough into the future to be able to add a few gadgets.

Grow some imagination!
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

What I want is a first person online shooter without shooting. I could probably do without the online part too.
He won. Period.