Before We Leave - a simpler, non-violent city builder (search term BeforeWeLeave)

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

jztemple2

Before We Leave - a simpler, non-violent city builder (search term BeforeWeLeave)

Post by jztemple2 »

Newly available on Steam in full release. It was in Early Access but was pulled by the devs. According to an article from RPS, Before We Leave, a chill citybuilder with space whales, is out now:
Before We Leave is a citybuilder in which you form settlements on a planet and then blast off to find new homes across a solar system. It looks extremely chill, it has space whales, and it just launched after a spell in early access.

I'm fond of the hexagon tiles, which shift into place as you explore a planet's surface, and which the space whales seemed to hoover up. I also like that, as destructive as that may sound, the game is non-violent, so you won't be launching any space harpoons.

Nate and Matt played Before We Leave during early access last year and thought it was a good set of training wheels for the citybuilder genre. It's a game in which your peeps will stop working if they don't have food, but they'll never actually starve. They just wait in their houses until the vegetables arrive. I'm a big fan of not starving.

That was a year ago, however, and a lot has likely changed since. In that time, the game was delisted from Steam by its developers, the team making it has grown from 1 to 4, and there have been a lot of bug fixes. The launch update bringing it back to Steam as a full release adds four new scenarios to the game, which each tweak the rules of the game to set a different kind of challenge. You can read about all the new content here.

I'm download Before We Leave as I type. If you want to join me, you can find Before We Leave on Steam.
It is on sale till May 20th.
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold