Rising Star 2

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

mcdog512

Rising Star 2

Post by mcdog512 »

Hey guys, not affiliated at all with the indie developer but I played the first game "Shady O'Grady Rising Star" a ton and remember reading some good comments here. Been a lurker for many years. The first game was one of those band management games. Write songs, practice, hire the right dudes, work your way up and make it big. Anyway, I picked up the newly released version off of steam and it seems to be essentially the same game as Shady O'Grady, which isn't a bad thing. Looks quite a bit better, has some cool stuff like hanging your guitars in the music room. Anyway, if anyone is interested, having some fun with it and thought I'd share. I think some hot keys need to be added and a Civilization type of Hall Of Fame for records, bands and singles would REALLY be cool. I suggested that to the developer. Anyway, I got a gig to play and people do not like me or the band yet....
mcdog512

Re: Rising Star 2

Post by mcdog512 »

Did I put this in the wrong spot?
mcdog512

Post by mcdog512 »

I think I did, are there mods on here to move it to PC Gaming. It's been awhile.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Apparently. There is no PC Gaming any more. All electronic gaming is now under the Video Games heading.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
mcdog512

Post by mcdog512 »

Looks that way, which is fine. I thought general gaming was the right spot.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

mcdog512 wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:42 pm I think I did, are there mods on here to move it to PC Gaming. It's been awhile.
Consider it done!
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
baelthazar

Post by baelthazar »

Woah... thanks for posting this! I have been trying to remember the demo that I played of the original years ago and often think about that game (which I never bought, because back then you had to order the CD online to be mailed to you, IIRC). I always wanted to buy it, and I am glad it has a second version!
Paradroid

Post by Paradroid »

I no longer post here.
mcdog512

Post by mcdog512 »

The dude who is a sole developer is adding a big new update shortly which looks cool. Anyone playing this or something similar?
mcdog512

Post by mcdog512 »

This place is alot deader than years ago when I was a regular. Still regular's posting?
Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

I thought I had picked this up when I read about it in this thread, but it turns out I didn't buy it yet. (Wishlisted it).

$30 is a little steep for me in terms of impulse buys. Are you enjoying the game?
mcdog512

Post by mcdog512 »

Yea, really like it. 146 hours played. The huge update he's working on is going to add quite a bit of depth. It's a fun game if you like music and don't mind a chill game. I like deep strategy games but also like a more relaxed game now and then.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

mcdog512 wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:09 pm This place is alot deader than years ago when I was a regular. Still regular's posting?
Pretty much all regulars now. Also, a lot of folks have moved away from gaming. Some of the other forums are busier.

Anyway, on topic, while I think management games sound interesting, I learned a long time ago that I won't get into them. But I will still likely read your posts. :D

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.