(former) console exclusives now on computer

Post by hitbyambulance »

instead of resurrecting old threads, new announcements can be added to this one

Horizon: Zero Dawn (Playstation 4)

Persona 4 (Golden) (PS2/Vita)
hitbyambulance

Re: (former) console exclusives now on computer

Post by hitbyambulance »

and this is older, but several of the Disgaea titles ending up on Steam was surprising:

also Valkyria Chronicles

and Ni No Kuni

Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

You can add MLB The Show to the list. It's coming both to PC and XBox and Switch. That's pretty significant since it's been a Sony first-party title since its inception.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brianmaziq ... ab31dc602a
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

sure, these count well enough:

-- remastered versions of older Final Fantasy titles
-- remastered versions of older Resident Evil/Biohazard titles
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

lol

maybe for $1.50 it would be worth checking out
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

It appears that more PS4 exclusives could be on the way.

https://kotaku.com/sony-is-going-to-bri ... 1844899218
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Forza Horizon (apparently the best Forza)

But...that’s one I would much rather play on console then PC personally. Any racing game really.
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:03 pm Forza Horizon (apparently the best Forza)

But...that’s one I would much rather play on console then PC personally. Any racing game really.
I find that surprising. Games like Project Cars 2 and 3 are fantastic on PC. I love playing it with wheel/pedals and VR support.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

It’s the “console couch” effect (just made that up). Local MP is much easier, the screen is huge (65” TV vs 24” monitor), which makes it much more immersive, but primarily the controller vs mouse/kb.

I’m fully aware that you can recreate that with a PC, but it’s spendy and complicated (and I actually have a Steam Link) and still a little janky. I lack most of the things for PC that make it an already great experience on PS4.

If I were only interested in playing alone, and had a wheel and pedals setup at my PC, and a huge ass monitor, a rig capable of running the game at said monitor’s specs, AND a comfy couch in front of said monitor, then I would agree with you. :p
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:06 pm It’s the “console couch” effect (just made that up). Local MP is much easier, the screen is huge (65” TV vs 24” monitor), which makes it much more immersive, but primarily the controller vs mouse/kb.

I’m fully aware that you can recreate that with a PC, but it’s spendy and complicated (and I actually have a Steam Link) and still a little janky. I lack most of the things for PC that make it an already great experience on PS4.

If I were only interested in playing alone, and had a wheel and pedals setup at my PC, and a huge ass monitor, a rig capable of running the game at said monitor’s specs, AND a comfy couch in front of said monitor, then I would agree with you. :p
I get the spendy and complicated part. I figured that the cost of taking my car to the track for two weekends paid for my wheel/pedals and my VR headset. :) Heck, I've saved money by reducing my real-world track time. Honestly, I think that VR is a huge piece of why I want to play racing games on my PC rather than on the Xbox. Being able to turn my head to look for the apex and see what's happening around me just makes it so much more real.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

Rumpy wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:14 pm It appears that more PS4 exclusives could be on the way.

https://kotaku.com/sony-is-going-to-bri ... 1844899218
great. would like to see Bloodborne make its way over...
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

gbasden wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:41 pmI get the spendy and complicated part. I figured that the cost of taking my car to the track for two weekends paid for my wheel/pedals and my VR headset. :) Heck, I've saved money by reducing my real-world track time. Honestly, I think that VR is a huge piece of why I want to play racing games on my PC rather than on the Xbox. Being able to turn my head to look for the apex and see what's happening around me just makes it so much more real.
Oh, I'm sure. I was not even considering the VR part, but yeah, I bet that is amazing. Would like to see a flight simulator in VR as well. Don't they have VR headsets for Xbox though?
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:55 pm Don't they have VR headsets for Xbox though?
Nope. There is an xbox streaming app for Rift but it's more like Netflix where you just see it on a screen in the headset. You aren't *in* the game.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

And the current Playstation VR is very meh.
Paradroid

Post by Paradroid »

gbasden wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:37 pm And the current Playstation VR is very meh.
Yeah I was underwhelmed. The picture quality isn't bad provided you position the headset just right, but everything else is a nightmare. No matter how often I calibrate it, my in-game position never feels quite right. I can't reach things, the floor is always in the wrong place, and worst of all I find that I sometimes don't hear sounds at all if I turn my head too far away from the screen - which makes that Star Trek game totally unplayable. I used it for about a week in total.
I no longer post here.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Well that sucks. I had a PSVR on my wishlist.
:(

Do you think pairing it with a PS4Pro would make any difference (if you’re not using one).
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:05 pm Well that sucks. I had a PSVR on my wishlist.
:(

Do you think pairing it with a PS4Pro would make any difference (if you’re not using one).
Not really. The single biggest problem are that they are using the move wands for hand controls, and they are about 4 generations out of date. Also, the headset had to be designed to work on the lowest common denominator PS4, so the screen is low res and muddy. And it's a first generation device, so as was mentioned the spatial positioning is ... questionable. I would only grab one if you can get one used cheap. I would think they will release a newer updated version with the PS5.
Paradroid

Post by Paradroid »

gbasden wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:18 pm I would only grab one if you can get one used cheap.
Yeah I agree, it's worth getting one cheap just for the novelty value. It does work well for some games; for some reason Doom was absolutely fine, for example. And some games that you can't play any other way - like Job Simulator and Vacation Simulator - are definitely worth playing. For what it's worth, the issues don't bother my kids who love those two games, and stuff like Astro Bot.
I no longer post here.
RobinS87

Post by RobinS87 »

There is nothing surprising here. The main goal of developers is to make more money.
But I have nothing against the fact that PS4 exclusives come out on the computer.
We will all be playing cloud gaming soon
Paradroid

Post by Paradroid »

RobinS87 wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:05 am We will all be playing cloud gaming soon
I disagree, at least with "soon", as the abject failure of every cloud gaming service will attest. There needs to be a robust and fast internet infrastructure for the vast majority of the gaming market, and we aren't remotely there yet.
I no longer post here.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Paradroid wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:14 am
RobinS87 wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:05 am We will all be playing cloud gaming soon
I disagree, at least with "soon", as the abject failure of every cloud gaming service will attest. There needs to be a robust and fast internet infrastructure for the vast majority of the gaming market, and we aren't remotely there yet.
Yep, I agree. I think it's funny how console manufacturers are so adamant that it's the future. I mean, it's something that sounds good on paper, but in reality the execution is faced with so many technical barriers that come up time and again. And it's not likely to change anytime soon, as requirements are bound to only get worse as resolution increases. Consoles hardware with local processing is not going anywhere anytime soon.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

started on this and i can't see much difference from how the original played - which is a good thing. i could just go with the original on the PS2 emulator (or even on my PS2 still connected to the living room TV) but there are a few quality of life improvements in this 'remastered' version and the levels load far quicker, so i'll stick with this one. still a pain to do the charge'n'roll tho.

coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

hitbyambulance wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:08 pm started on this and i can't see much difference from how the original played - which is a good thing. i could just go with the original on the PS2 emulator (or even on my PS2 still connected to the living room TV) but there are a few quality of life improvements in this 'remastered' version and the levels load far quicker, so i'll stick with this one. still a pain to do the charge'n'roll tho.

I had some fun with that this summer. Not enough to go more than a couple of hours, but still a fun thing to revisit.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Paradroid wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:14 am
PS Now has not been an abject failure.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

Konami has been releasing some lately - on GOG:

https://www.gog.com/game/metal_gear

an updated port of the MSX original (not the altered NES version). also GOG has fixed versions of the original Windows ports of Metal Gear Solid (PSX) and Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance (PS2)

https://www.gog.com/game/silent_hill_4_the_room

not sure why just the fourth installment. where are the first three?? Silent Hill 2 actually had a Windows version.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

previous titles in the series still not on PC:

hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

MLB The Show coming to XBox in April.

https://kotaku.com/playstation-studios- ... 1846172359
As part of the new multi-year deal made between Major League Baseball and Sony back in late 2019, long running PlayStation-exclusive baseball game MLB The Show is no longer PlayStation-exclusive as of April 20. That’s when Sony releases an Xbox game with a PlayStation logo on the cover.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

hitbyambulance wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:18 pm Panzer Dragoon: Remake

https://www.gog.com/game/panzer_dragoon_remake

Wondering if this fares any better on PC than it did on Switch. It was a bit of a disaster on Switch, with incredibly sluggish controls, weird frame rate issues, and general overall clunkyness. I've heard they improved it with patches since release, but my first reactions were so negative that I never went back to it.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Exodor

Post by Exodor »

Rumpy wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:08 pm MLB The Show coming to XBox in April.

https://kotaku.com/playstation-studios- ... 1846172359
As part of the new multi-year deal made between Major League Baseball and Sony back in late 2019, long running PlayStation-exclusive baseball game MLB The Show is no longer PlayStation-exclusive as of April 20. That’s when Sony releases an Xbox game with a PlayStation logo on the cover.
Was hoping to see it on PC but sounds like we may have to wait another year. :|
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Well, you're getting it on PC at least. Which is better than not at all ;)
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Days Gone coming to PC this spring:
Days Gone, published in the spring of 2019, was the first console game by Bend Studio since 2007’s Syphon Filter: Logan’s Shadow for PlayStation 2 (though they had worked on several handheld projects). Days Gone received mixed reviews at launch, with most of the disappointment leveled at its repetitive gameplay loop. Still, the game has developed a following in the two years since, and is part of the 20-game PS Plus Collection offered to PlayStation 5 owners with a PlayStation Plus subscription.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ive been wanting this one. Ill wait for pc.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Now with STEAM listing

coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

and I'll just throw in a "wait for a discount" on that. It's not terrible, but it also isn't a game I think anyone should pay full price for.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Smoove_B wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:27 pm Days Gone coming to PC this spring:
Days Gone, published in the spring of 2019, was the first console game by Bend Studio since 2007’s Syphon Filter: Logan’s Shadow for PlayStation 2 (though they had worked on several handheld projects). Days Gone received mixed reviews at launch, with most of the disappointment leveled at its repetitive gameplay loop. Still, the game has developed a following in the two years since, and is part of the 20-game PS Plus Collection offered to PlayStation 5 owners with a PlayStation Plus subscription.
Play Station/Sony has said that they are going to start bringing a number of their formerly PS only games to PC:

https://www.theverge.com/2021/2/23/2229 ... s-jim-ryan
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

i'd guess remastered Demon's Souls could be announced next year - that'd be a safe bet. would like to see Little Big Planet/Tearaway.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I'd think God of War, Uncharted and maybe Last of Us...
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Smoove_B wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:00 pm I'd think God of War, Uncharted and maybe Last of Us...
But I already finished all of those!
-Coop
Black Lives Matter