What are you playing in quarantine? Also, MP invites here..

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

jztemple2

Re: What are you playing in quarantine? Also, MP invites here..

Post by jztemple2 »

I picked back up with American Truck Simulator a few days ago and I've finally finished visiting every city on the map, including all DLC. Now waiting for the Idaho DLC to be released. I'm hoping that they will include this famous potato cargo (click to enlarge)

Enlarge Image
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

jztemple2 wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:17 pm I picked back up with American Truck Simulator a few days ago and I've finally finished visiting every city on the map, including all DLC. Now waiting for the Idaho DLC to be released. I'm hoping that they will include this famous potato cargo (click to enlarge)

Enlarge Image
When is that planned to release?
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Unagi wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:52 pm
jztemple2 wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:17 pm I picked back up with American Truck Simulator a few days ago and I've finally finished visiting every city on the map, including all DLC. Now waiting for the Idaho DLC to be released. I'm hoping that they will include this famous potato cargo (click to enlarge)

Enlarge Image
When is that planned to release?
I'm assuming it must be soon since they are already hinting about Colorado being the next one after that. SCS usually never announces a release date ahead of time.
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

I finally saved mankind from the Pandora Virus so I am now going on an adventure in the Outer Worlds.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

With the new title update 2.0.0 today for Ghost Recon Breakpoint, I've decided to restart and begin liberating Auroa all over again, this time in Immersive Mode.
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

How do you like it?
gameoverman

Post by gameoverman »

I'm playing that puzzle game "Free Up Storage Space". I think it's one of those games where the AI cheats, because just when I clear an area it spawns a bunch of stuff in there again. I don't like this game.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Subscribed to the 7 day trial of PS Now and have been playing Control. It’s ok, I guess, but hasn’t really connected with me. I need to decide if I want to stick with it in the four days I have left in the trial or switch to another game (maybe the latest Tomb Raider?).
Black Lives Matter
Hrothgar

Post by Hrothgar »

I'm trying to finally finish Neir Automata. The game keeps getting progressively darker in tone. I hope I can finish it before I have to bail on the existential despair.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Hrothgar wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:44 am I'm trying to finally finish Neir Automata. The game keeps getting progressively darker in tone. I hope I can finish it before I have to bail on the existential despair.
Your first playthrough? Or are you finishing it again?

Because it really doesn't "finish" until you've played through it multiple times.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:31 pm Subscribed to the 7 day trial of PS Now and have been playing Control. It’s ok, I guess, but hasn’t really connected with me. I need to decide if I want to stick with it in the four days I have left in the trial or switch to another game (maybe the latest Tomb Raider?).
Shadow of the Tomb Raider is just MOTS (a good game, but not really any different from Rise). I can't say too much because I just spontaneously moved on from Control one day, but I was definitely invested in it for a good bit. As you get more powers it gets more interesting. I can't remember what pulled me away. I will go back one day.. I swear.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Skinypupy wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:51 am
Hrothgar wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:44 am I'm trying to finally finish Neir Automata. The game keeps getting progressively darker in tone. I hope I can finish it before I have to bail on the existential despair.

Because it really doesn't "finish" until you've played through it multiple times.
I got about 30% into the second playthrough and gave up. It just wasn't different enough and the hacking mini-games were... ummm.... yeah.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Hrothgar

Post by Hrothgar »

Skinypupy wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:51 am

I probably would have been fine with the first ending. I'm on route C now shortly after switching to A2. Her aggressive nihilist attitude isn't exactly brightening up the game.
dbemont

Post by dbemont »

It's been all about Deity Empires, although I may go back to Low Magic Age at some point.
Commish of OOTP online league Dog Days Baseball
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:31 pm Subscribed to the 7 day trial of PS Now and have been playing Control. It’s ok, I guess, but hasn’t really connected with me. I need to decide if I want to stick with it in the four days I have left in the trial or switch to another game (maybe the latest Tomb Raider?).
I subbed to PS Now last night as well, mainly for Control. I do find it very interesting, but I'm absolutely terrible at it. With no Easy difficulty setting, it's highly unlikely that I'll be able to muddle my way through with my rudiemntary FPS skills. I'm also annoyed at how far apart the checkpoints are. I have to redo big sections of the game when I die...which is alot.

Quite a few other games I want to try in there. Mortal Kombat X (haven't played a MK game in years), Bloodborne (I need to give one of the uber-difficult games a legit try at some point), some of the old PS2 RPG's (Arc the Lad and Dark Cloud 2), and a few others. FIgured it was worth a try for a few bucks.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Skinypupy wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:37 pm Bloodborne (I need to give one of the uber-difficult games a legit try at some point)
Bloodborne is a glorious game but it's a bit on the hard end for your souls-like baptism. Nioh and The Surge are much more approachable. Then again Bloodborne is what drove my love for the genre (and I got a platinum trophy on it).

I started Days Gone yesterday after finishing Death Stranding... I probably did that in the wrong order.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

coopasonic wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:04 pm
Skinypupy wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:37 pm Bloodborne (I need to give one of the uber-difficult games a legit try at some point)
Bloodborne is a glorious game but it's a bit on the hard end for your souls-like baptism. Nioh and The Surge are much more approachable. Then again Bloodborne is what drove my love for the genre (and I got a platinum trophy on it).

I started Days Gone yesterday after finishing Death Stranding... I probably did that in the wrong order.
The Surge is on PS Now, but not Nioh. :( The Surge seems to have gotten pretty mediocre reviews though, and the dystopian sci-fi setting doesn't interest me nearly as much. Maybe I'll give both a try.

I've really only got 10 days until the Final Fantasy VII remake consumes my life anyways.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

I was thinking today that I should try Bloodborne again. I bought it about two years back, played it for two hours, and gave up from frustration. But since that time I played and got pretty far in Nioh and Dark Souls 3, so maybe I'll be a bit better at Bloodborne now. Then again, I mainly got far in Nioh and DS3 because you can call in people to help you out against the bosses...
Black Lives Matter
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I decided not to mess with Skyrim right now. What I want from a playthrough is more hassle than I want with everything else I'm working on. I decided to give Conan Exiles a go, and I'm really enjoying it. I was a little hesitant, as I didn't really like Ark, but I'm really getting into this. I'm just about to the point of moving from my starting home to a larger, more impressive base.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

I'm enjoying my revisiting of Shadowrun Hong Kong and may even be on track to finish it. After that, I'm restarting Shadowrun Dragonfall: The Director's Cut and finishing that too. I'm a very charismatic Elven shaman in Hong Kong but when I play the Director's Cut I think I want to be a combat focused street samurai character.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Finished Xcom2 three times and am now going back to Xcom 1.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Cylus Maxii

Post by Cylus Maxii »

Blackhawk wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:56 pm I decided not to mess with Skyrim right now. What I want from a playthrough is more hassle than I want with everything else I'm working on. I decided to give Conan Exiles a go, and I'm really enjoying it. I was a little hesitant, as I didn't really like Ark, but I'm really getting into this. I'm just about to the point of moving from my starting home to a larger, more impressive base.
I've thought of trying Conan. But I'm in the middle of ARK right now.
My nephew, Jake - "I mean is there really anything more pure? Than sweet zombie monkey love?"
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

I am playing Borderlands 3 and loving it!
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

dbt1949 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:58 pm Finished Xcom2 three times and am now going back to Xcom 1.
I don't get it. I don't think I could ever go back. I can't even remember why. Now I am tempted to try it. Too bad my plate is already pretty full.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Cylus Maxii wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:14 pm
Blackhawk wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:56 pm I decided not to mess with Skyrim right now. What I want from a playthrough is more hassle than I want with everything else I'm working on. I decided to give Conan Exiles a go, and I'm really enjoying it. I was a little hesitant, as I didn't really like Ark, but I'm really getting into this. I'm just about to the point of moving from my starting home to a larger, more impressive base.
I've thought of trying Conan. But I'm in the middle of ARK right now.
I liked Conan a lot more than Ark. You should definitely give it a try. I think Ark is really cool until you get to the grind for everything metal+ but Conan never really gets that grindy... and I built some HUGE structures on official servers in Conan. I stopped playing Conan before pets (and now I think there are mounts?). I guess the downside of never having the same level of grind is that you get to the end and the only thing to really do is build bigger and bigger. On the other hand end game Ark basically requires a group to progress and I've never played in a group of more than 3 and more often 2. You can do everything in Conan with 2 (or at least you could when it was newer).
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Grifman wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:26 pm I am playing Borderlands 3 and loving it!
I played through twice solo and twice with the LFG group. Now I've kicked off a third double run wit the kids. Caiden has played, but this is Ian's first time through. The three of us played Bl1, BL2, and the Pre-Sequel together a while back. It's nice to play together again, and breaks up the time sitting around the house every day.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Not playing anything -- have not had the time even to get a few hours of Civ 6 in since this all started.
Black Lives Matter
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Lately I think I'm watching more Civ 6 videos than I am playing it.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Also getting back into Diablo I and City of Heroes.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:53 pm I was thinking today that I should try Bloodborne again. I bought it about two years back, played it for two hours, and gave up from frustration. But since that time I played and got pretty far in Nioh and Dark Souls 3, so maybe I'll be a bit better at Bloodborne now. Then again, I mainly got far in Nioh and DS3 because you can call in people to help you out against the bosses...
I got Bloodborne for Christmas and have been playing it on my daughters PS4 for the last 2 weeks. I am not online and so haven't been able to call in outside help. The need for separate accounts is a joke. Anyway, I have found Bloodborne to be challenging, to say the least. The bosses range from easy to ridiculous. I have also learned that only 7 bosses are actually required, the rest are optional. Most have NPC summons, which, like the Dark Souls games means they can be helpful or useless.

I do think it is crazy that the first two bosses you meet are probably harder than the ones you meet after that. But they can be beat with practice. And don't be afraid to use a wiki, as these type games are really designed for you to look things up.
Black Lives Matter
Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

Grifman wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:26 pm I am playing Borderlands 3 and loving it!
My daughter and I finished Borderlands 3 a couple weeks ago. That series is great for couch co-op. :)
Black Lives Matter
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

Just finished up BG1 and Dragonspear on the Switch, and now, I'm about to start BG2. As an added bonus, was using some of my quarantine time to clean out a bunch of old boxes, and I found a stash of old PC game manuals, including the original BG, TotSC, BG2, ToB and Icewind Dale manuals and maps.

Seeing these old manuals really hits the nostalgia button for me. I used to love reading through these and studying the maps. The digital-everything era is certainly easier and more accessible in some ways, but I do miss the hard copy manuals. The BG2 one is spiral bound and 264 pages long! So many tables and charts and so much info. And it's so nice to be able to just flip to the page instead of having to wade through the UI in game to find the digital assets. Good times.
Just 'cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there -- Radiohead
Do you believe me? Do you trust me? Do you like me? 😳
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

the 2015 'HD remaster' of the 1997 PC port of Nintendo 64's TUROK: DINOSAUR HUNTER (from everyone's favorite 1980s console game publisher, Acclaim). it was free in Twitch this month and i was in the mood for 23-year-old FPS goofiness.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

I was in the mood for a stealth game, so I fired up the 2014 Thief game on PS4 last night.

If you can get past the disappointment of what it isn’t, that’s actually a quite fun stealth game. It got excoriated for not having the openness of previous Thief games, but I find the more focused level design to be tense and enjoyable.

Unpopular opinion: For medieval, steampunk-y stealth, I like it far better than the Dishonored games.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

I don't find the hacking mini game very enjoyable in Shadowrun and near the end of the game there's a bunch of terminals that need hacking so I'm taking a pause from Shadowrun HK and started Metro Exodus on the PS4.

Oh Artyom, where have you been in my gaming life? I downloaded Metro Exodus last year but never got around to it. Post-apocalyptic Russia is a fun place to roam around. Sure there's mutated creatures that want to eat you and the usual asshole humans but it's great game.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
JCC

Post by JCC »

Skinypupy wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:55 am Unpopular opinion: For medieval, steampunk-y stealth, I like it far better than the Dishonored games.
The problem was that it was a reboot of Thief. If you are going to use the name you should stay true to the spirit of the franchise. Shoehorned in action sequences, and one way routes through levels you can't backtrack from are not consistent with the franchise (ok the last level of original Thief was like that, but that's the worst mission in the 3 originals. Plus the level design was not as good as in its progenitors.

It's not an awful game, but it's a poor Thief game. Call it Robber and it's fine - but not great. It also is nowhere near as good as the Dishonored games which manage to do stealth better in a series you don't have to play stealthy at all if you don't care to.
Black Lives Matter

"You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: they don't alter their views to fit the facts; they alter the facts to fit their views." - The 4th Doctor
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

I spent all day with Arsenal of Democracy a Hearts of Iron 2 offshoot.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Just finished The Outer Worlds. Fun game. What's next?
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

I tried Wasteland Remastered, but I'd never played it before. So no nostalgia factor. Instead it quickly got tedious. But I was in the mood, now. So I installed Wasteland 2 and have been romping through the wasteland again.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

I started playing Diablo 3 again. Never finished the first time around but fortunately my PS4 had my saves stored (in the cloud?) even though I had uninstalled it a few years back. I don't remember if this was always the case, but the game has been extremely easy, even though I'm playing on Expert. I haven't come close to dying even against what I would assume are supposed to be pretty hard bosses. It's still fun, though.
Black Lives Matter