Elder Scrolls the MMO

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

DOS=HIGH

Re: Elder Scrolls the MMO

Post by DOS=HIGH »

So if you log a character in for 24 separate days this month you'll get the latest Murkmire DLC for free. You get something free every day you log in, but nothing great, just useful. FYI: days actually start at 8pm EST. I haven't been playing much other than logging in to get some stuff and maybe do a crafting quest. But I'll have something new to explore when I get in the mood to jump back into the game.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Thnx Ill try to remember to log in. Bet I forget for one day too long.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Well I had every intention of getting that free DLC. I logged in the first day...then forgot until now. So if I fail one more day this month I want have 24 logged in and wont get it. But I will miss more. its just me.
Redfive

Post by Redfive »

Fired this back up with some friends and it is still so good.
Battle.net: red51ve#1673
Elder Scrolls Online - @redfive
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I was actually looking at this yesterday. As with every time I reconsider it, though, I remember how terrible their auction system is for casual players.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Blackhawk wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:14 am I was actually looking at this yesterday. As with every time I reconsider it, though, I remember how terrible their auction system is for casual players.
If you can get in a couple good trading guilds, it ends up being merely bad instead of literally the worst aspect of the game.

In general though, yeah, it’s pretty awful.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Redfive

Post by Redfive »

That’s too bad because the rest of the game is great (for the record, I have no issues at all with the trading guild thing).
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Skinypupy wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:55 pm
Blackhawk wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:14 am I was actually looking at this yesterday. As with every time I reconsider it, though, I remember how terrible their auction system is for casual players.
If you can get in a couple good trading guilds, it ends up being merely bad instead of literally the worst aspect of the game.

In general though, yeah, it’s pretty awful.
Getting in isn't the issue. It's meeting the effective minimum playtime (IE - dues) required to stay in. I tend to play MMOs in cycles. I'll play like crazy for a week, then have a busy couple of weeks that I'm hardly on, then a week when I'm not on at all, then I play like crazy for a week. I'd end up spending more in dues for the weeks I'm not making money than I'd get selling stuff. That means I have to make due with vendor sales, which is awful.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Bad Demographic

Post by Bad Demographic »

Not all trade guilds have dues. I'm in two that only require you be active (i.e., log in at least once a week).
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

Black Lives Matter
Redfive

Post by Redfive »

Bad Demographic wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:45 pm Not all trade guilds have dues. I'm in two that only require you be active (i.e., log in at least once a week).
Are you still in 'Insert Guild Name Here'? Would love to get back into that one if there are any open slots.
Bad Demographic

Redfive wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:46 am
Bad Demographic wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:45 pm Not all trade guilds have dues. I'm in two that only require you be active (i.e., log in at least once a week).
Are you still in 'Insert Guild Name Here'? Would love to get back into that one if there are any open slots.
Yep, still in. I'll invite you if there are openings.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

Black Lives Matter
Redfive

Post by Redfive »

Hit 50 on my Magicka Templar. Looks like it took about 2.5 weeks, not that it was a race.

Have a group of about 5-6 regular players and we should all be 50 on new characters soon--looking forward to running the level 50 dungeons as that is one part of the game I've never touched.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

They are giving away Morrowind for free to celebrate The Elder Scrolls 25th anniversary. Also the game is free to play right now.

https://elderscrolls.bethesda.net/en/tes25

I just realized I put this in the wrong thread. But Ill leave it here marked out so it may get some others to see it.
Redfive

Post by Redfive »

Free 'weekend' right now, actually it lasts until April 4th.

Would be a good time to get in and see what it's like. I assume you get the benefits of being subscribed--the biggest of which is the crafting bag that essentially allows you to pick up unlimited crafting materials throughout the world without using regular bag space. It's a big deal for quality of life.

There are at least 5 of us that play pretty much nightly as well.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

I got kinda burned out on FF XIV and need something to tide me over for a couple months until the xpac comes out, so I resubbed to ESO for a month. Been trying to remember how to play my Stam Sorc has gone...slowly. :)
Redfive

Post by Redfive »

People you see playing in guild are all friendly, speak up if you want to run some dungeons.
rittchard

Post by rittchard »

Redfive wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:11 pm People you see playing in guild are all friendly, speak up if you want to run some dungeons.
Anyone still playing or thinking of playing again?

The newest expansion (Elsweyr) just came out on PC, so I thought I'd give it a try. Trying out the new Necro class of course.

Looks like they are really promoting their dragons in case you are feeling GoT dragon withdrawal.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

I've been poking around in Elsweyr, but am pretty unimpressed so far. Feels like just MOTS, but with the occasional dragon thrown in.

Maybe it'll grow on me.
Oliver88

Post by Oliver88 »

Hi guys. It's been almost a year since the last post, but it's worth a try. Anyone else playing here? I am looking for people willing to play. If I play alone, I don't have so much satisfaction so it would be nice to find a companion to play with.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Thanks to the bot for the bump, I suppose. :)

I jumped back into the Skyrim chapter last night. Enjoying it far more than Elsweyr so far, that xpac just never clicked with me at all, despite multiple attempts. It's loads of fun running around the same areas as the regular game (main city hub is Solitude), but doing so with other people and a whole new story. I rolled up an Imperial Dragonknight this time, and am working on a dual-wield/bow stam build.

Looks like I'm still in the OO guild, hit me up (Xanothic) if you need anyone to run around Skyrim with. :)
morlac

Post by morlac »

Oliver88 wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 2:34 am If I play alone, I don't have so much satisfaction so it would be nice to find a companion to play with.
Yea, it does get old playing with yourself at times. While it does serve the purpose I totally get your lack of full satisfaction.

I know places you can go...

LOL, i kid but it does beg a question...

Where does a bot go for a happy ending?
Redfive

Post by Redfive »

I know most everyone here is more internet smart than me but I don't even understand the point of bots that do this?

Also, ESO is great. I'll go for 18mo w/out playing and then come right back and put several months in. Just a really pretty game and I enjoy the quest stories and the dynamic combat (compared to say, WoW-which I also like).
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Redfive wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 2:35 pm I know most everyone here is more internet smart than me but I don't even understand the point of bots that do this?
The picture he posted has a link to some site that is either going to cause you problems, try to sell you something or earn him a thousandth of a penny in ad revenue.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

It's always so weird to me that they somehow find our tiny little corner of the interwebs. And that there's somehow value in creating a profile and posting in random threads. Seems like it wouldn't be worth the effort, but what do I know.

Back to ESO, it is currently recovering from a rough xpac launch week. I had login queues of over an hour, which is the first time I've ever seen that in ESO (and I've done launch week on all but one xpac). It was also laggy as hell, to the point of being unplayable for most of the week. Things finally started stabilizing last night, and I was able to run through a few hours with no issues.

It does suck waiting for mods to catch up though, especially those with map and quest markers. I always forget that my mini-map is user-generated and not actually part of the game design. Oddly, I've been playing for about 4 hours, and have yet to see a skyshard in the new Skyrim zone. Did they do away with that?

Also, did they do away with gaining skill points from reading books? It was habit for me to click on every bookshelf I see, but I haven't seen a skill come from those in ages. Maybe that went away too...
Redfive

Post by Redfive »

Skinypupy wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 3:22 pm

Also, did they do away with gaining skill points from reading books? It was habit for me to click on every bookshelf I see, but I haven't seen a skill come from those in ages. Maybe that went away too...
I never saw anything official, but I never looked. I did, however, notice that I never got any skill ups from checking the myriad bookcases around the world. That's too bad if they took it away--I thought it was one of the little things they did to encourage exploring everything.
Last edited by Redfive on Sat May 30, 2020 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Holy shitsnacks guys! I play since febuary and I have 5 CP 430 characters on the NA servers. Look up @dmalrajabi.
Daehawk wrote:Thats Drazzil's chair damnit.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Skinypupy wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 3:22 pm I always forget that my mini-map is user-generated and not actually part of the game design. Oddly, I've been playing for about 4 hours, and have yet to see a skyshard in the new Skyrim zone. Did they do away with that?
Now 8 hours in, still haven't seen a single skyshard in Skyrim. Not even in delves.

Guess they're not a thing there.
Stuie

Post by Stuie »

Skinypupy wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:21 am Now 8 hours in, still haven't seen a single skyshard in Skyrim. Not even in delves.

There are most definitely Skyshards in Western Skyrim. If you look at the zone guide (shortcut key "P" and then select "Zone Guide"), you'll see there are 18 available.

Edit: Also, I'd like back into the guild yet again if possible. ign is @Stuie. I left most of my other guilds to focus on playing solo, but I'd be willing to assist OO peeps if needed. :D
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Stuie wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:05 am
Skinypupy wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:21 am Now 8 hours in, still haven't seen a single skyshard in Skyrim. Not even in delves.

There are most definitely Skyshards in Western Skyrim. If you look at the zone guide (shortcut key "P" and then select "Zone Guide"), you'll see there are 18 available.
Thanks Stuie. Crazy that I hadn't stumbled across even a single one so far. I had shut off most of my add-ons though, since I was getting tons of error messages last week. Went back in and turned each one back on one-by-one this morning, and the Skyshards add-on works now. Could see them all just fine, no idea what was going on there.

I have encountered lots of bugs in Skyrim though, far more than any other ESO xpac I've played. My favorite new bug is the one that won't let me sheathe my weapons and exit combat. It's been fun to have to log out and back in 2-3 times a night so it resets my combat stance and actually allows me to interact with NPCs. :evil:
Bad Demographic

Stuie wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:05 am Edit: Also, I'd like back into the guild yet again if possible. ign is @Stuie. I left most of my other guilds to focus on playing solo, but I'd be willing to assist OO peeps if needed. :D
Invite sent!

Black Lives Matter
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Skinypupy wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:11 am
Stuie wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:05 am

Thanks Stuie. Crazy that I hadn't stumbled across even a single one so far. I had shut off most of my add-ons though, since I was getting tons of error messages last week. Went back in and turned each one back on one-by-one this morning, and the Skyshards add-on works now. Could see them all just fine, no idea what was going on there.

I have encountered lots of bugs in Skyrim though, far more than any other ESO xpac I've played. My favorite new bug is the one that won't let me sheathe my weapons and exit combat. It's been fun to have to log out and back in 2-3 times a night so it resets my combat stance and actually allows me to interact with NPCs. :evil:
I've been having that bug since before the expansion. Sometimes switching weapons clears it, sometimes getting far enough away, but often just have to relog. It isn't 2-3 minutes frequent for me though.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

After being away from ESO for a good 4 or 5 years, I picked up the full Greymoor package last week, and held out for a whole 4 days before buying a 1-year ESO+ subscription (mostly to unlock the unlimited crafting resource storage).

If anyone is currently playing, do you have any recommendations for useful add-ons?
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Bad Demographic

Max Peck wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:43 am After being away from ESO for a good 4 or 5 years, I picked up the full Greymoor package last week, and held out for a whole 4 days before buying a 1-year ESO+ subscription (mostly to unlock the unlimited crafting resource storage).

If anyone is currently playing, do you have any recommendations for useful add-ons?
If you are going to do antiquities, try Display Leads.
For doing your daily writ crafting, try Dolgubon's Lazy Set Crafter -- and any add ons Dolgubon recommends on the Lazy Set Crafter page.
For pricing trades, try Tamriel Trade Center (aka TTC) - shows you what people are listing items at.
Also for pricing trades, try Master Merchant (based on sales within your trade guild/guilds). There's another, apparently better addon than MM, but I need to go ask the actual name from friends in game. Caveat: MM indexes the trades in all your trade guilds when you login or reload, and my frame rate while indexing is slow. Currently the choppiness is about 20 seconds.

I don't use many mods that aren't about pricing or automating writ making. I do use Alpha Gear to quickly swap between gear sets.

Black Lives Matter
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Cool, thanks!

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

They're having a free week... that lasts 2 weeks?
Free Play Week

If you’d like to take your first steps into the world of Tamriel, you can play ESO free from now through August 19 at 10AM EDT for Xbox One and PC/Mac and August 20 at 10AM EDT for PlayStation®4.

To get started, visit our Free Play page and select your platform. This event gives you access to the ESO base game, which includes four of the game’s original classes, 24 unique zones (including Morrowind), a huge main storyline, and, if you’re a new player, 500 crowns to spend in the in-game Crown Store.

Even better, this event gives you the opportunity to begin your Dark Heart of Skyrim year-long story with the free Greymoor Prologue (part of the ESO base game).

Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

The Lost Treasures of Skyrim event kicks off today.
The Lost Treasures of Skyrim event begins Wednesday, September 23 at 10:00AM EDT, and will run until October 5 at 10:00AM EDT. During the event period, you can earn bonus rewards for completing Western Skyrim daily quests and unlock unique collectibles for all Greymoor players with the Antiquities system.

Antiquarians Unite!

During the Lost Treasures of Skyrim event, you can earn unique collectibles for ALL Greymoor players by digging up antiquities throughout the entirety of Tamriel. As you and your fellow players seek out, excavate, and discover Tamriel’s hidden histories, you’ll slowly unlock up to three tiers of rewards:
  • Tier 1: Horror Within Face and Body Markings
  • Tier 2: Orchidfall Vale Fawn Pet
  • Tier 3: Antiquarian’s Alpine Gallery home AND Antiquarian Phedre Houseguest
    • This is the first Houseguest ever introduced to ESO!

Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

The Witches Festival Event is live.
The Witches Festival begins next Thursday, October 22 at 10:00AM EDT/03:00PM BST, and will run until Tuesday, November 3 at 10:00AM EST/03:00PM GMT. Throughout this terror-filled term, you can receive repulsive rewards in the form of spoopy Plunder Skull containers, a 100% XP boost, Event Tickets, and collectibles.

Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

is "spoopy" spooky poop? I might jump back in for that.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

It's almost as if people are the problem.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Jaddison wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:00 am is "spoopy" spooky poop? I might jump back in for that.
From dictionary.com:
Spoopy is an internet slang term used to describe something that is "spooky" but in a comical or cute way, such as a puppy in a ghost costume or a goofy Halloween video. It is based on a viral picture of a Halloween decoration that misspelled spooky as spoopy.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter