Let's Play Together: GM'd Battletech via MegaMek IX

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Isgrimnur

Re: Let's Play Together: GM'd Battletech via MegaMek IX

Post by Isgrimnur »

Get a detachment to starboard to handle that Wolverine.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Leraje

Post by Leraje »

Run to 3925 and fire all lasers at Saladin @ 4526.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Do I have a good indirect firing solution on that Wolverine sneaking up the left side of the map? Would like to fire off my LRM 10s at it if I can.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

$iljanus wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 3:36 pm Do I have a good indirect firing solution on that Wolverine sneaking up the left side of the map? Would like to fire off my LRM 10s at it if I can.
The only unit that can spot for you is the liaison's Phoenix Hawk.
Black Lives Matter
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

NickAragua wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 4:03 pm
$iljanus wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 3:36 pm Do I have a good indirect firing solution on that Wolverine sneaking up the left side of the map? Would like to fire off my LRM 10s at it if I can.
Would the pilot of the Phoenix Hawk be so kind as to feed me some firing coordinates on that Wolverine so I can rain explosives on its head?
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

$iljanus wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 4:10 pm
Would the pilot of the Phoenix Hawk be so kind as to feed me some firing coordinates on that Wolverine so I can rain explosives on its head?
He can, but it looks like your best shot is going to be an 11+, if the Pixie moves way southwest and exposes himself to getting blasted by the crowd of tanks there, while you stay still to avoid getting the movement modifier. By contrast, the nearest Vedette is a 9+. But is likely to get clobbered by Isgrimnur.
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

:violence-axechase:
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

NickAragua wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 4:21 pm
$iljanus wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 4:10 pm
He can, but it looks like your best shot is going to be an 11+, if the Pixie moves way southwest and exposes himself to getting blasted by the crowd of tanks there, while you stay still to avoid getting the movement modifier. By contrast, the nearest Vedette is a 9+. But is likely to get clobbered by Isgrimnur.
Hmmm, long odds of a hit. I’ll be patient then and continue to make my way into the woods to hex 2422.
Black lives matter!

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Run to 2726. Fire one PPC, gauss rifle, and one medium laser shot at the Vedette in 2429.

I need some more heat sinks.
Black Lives Matter.
Leraje

Post by Leraje »

El Guapo wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 4:30 pm I need some more heat sinks.
DHS are your (actually everybody's) best friend :)
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

El Guapo wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 4:30 pm Run to 2726. Fire one PPC, gauss rifle, and one medium laser shot at the Vedette in 2429.

I need some more heat sinks.
Go jump in a lake, MSgt!
Stefan Stirzaker

Post by Stefan Stirzaker »

Move to 4221 or 4222 (whichever looks better) and fire at the two Saladins flanking east.
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

I need to start posting earlier in the day before my spots get taken! :)

I'll turn around and run to 2923 and take shots at the Saladins to the East.
Leraje

Post by Leraje »

Everyone's hating on Saladins :twisted:
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Round 4:
Stefan and Leraje make their way southeast, trying to head off the hovercraft that are obviously trying to flank our force and get around to the back where the convoy is. Stefan's Catapult rocks as the ca-chunk! of Saladin-mounted autocannons comes his way and one AC/20 round nails the mech in the right leg, taking off pretty much all the armor and some of the internal structure, too. The mechwarrior compensates and counterattacks. Leraje's lasers go wide as the juking hovertank slides back and forth, while Stefan's lasers only light brush the same target. Stefan's LRMs, however take out the Saladin that shot at him, with half the volley landing and turning the hovertank into swiss cheese. A shot from one of Gbasden's PPCs from long range finishes off the other Saladin, punching through the left side and turning into a slowly skidding wreck.

Isgrimnur wades into the fight to the west, with Siljanus and El Guapo hanging back. A large laser from the liaison's Phoenix Hawk goes high past our Hatchetman and lights a patch of nearby conifers on fire, while a medium laser hits the front Vedette in the column (#7). Siljanus manages to add a couple of LRMs, but most of his shots go wide. El Guapo further damages the vehicle, the gauss rifle and PPC blowing large chunks of armor and treads off the tank.

Isgrimnur's autocannon and another laser rattle the second tank in the column, breaching its left side armor. The tank in front, though, isn't quick enough to get away from the Hatchetman's foot, and its turret comes off.

Siljanus attracts quite a bit of fire from the western flank of the battlefield, in the form of poorly aimed LRMs which hit everything but our mech.

The convoy reports taking fire but no damage, and will reposition further north. Unlike most convoy drivers, these guys aren't suicidal and can wait a couple of minutes while we take care of business.
Spoiler:
Enlarge Image
Raw data:
Spoiler:
Wind direction is Southeast. Wind strength is Calm. The weather is Clear. Visibility is Daylight.
Fog level is None.

Maxim Heavy Hover Transport (Standard) (Rebels Primary Opfor) must make a piloting skill check (used more MPs than at 1G possible).
Needs 3 [3 (Base piloting skill) + 0 (used more MPs than at 1G possible)], rolls 10 : succeeds.

Weapon Attack Phase
-------------------

Weapons fire for Vedette Medium Tank (Standard) #7 (Rebels Primary Opfor)
    AC/5 at Marauder MAD-3RXL (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 11, rolls 4 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 7 : no fire..

Weapons fire for Vedette Medium Tank (Standard) #6 (Rebels Primary Opfor)
    AC/5 at Stalker STK-3F (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 10, rolls 7 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 12 : no fire..

Weapons fire for Guillotine GLT-4L (1st Octopus Overlords)
    Large Laser at Saladin Assault Hover Tank (Armor) (Rebels Primary Opfor); needs 8, rolls 7 : misses

Medium Laser at Saladin Assault Hover Tank (Armor) (Rebels Primary Opfor); needs 8, rolls 5 : misses

Medium Laser at Saladin Assault Hover Tank (Armor) (Rebels Primary Opfor); needs 8, rolls 10 : hits (using Left Side table) LS (critical)
        Saladin Assault Hover Tank (Armor) (Rebels Primary Opfor) takes 5 damage to LS (critical).
            5 Armor remaining.
            Critical hit on LS. Roll is 6; Crew stunned for 1 turns.

Medium Laser at Saladin Assault Hover Tank (Armor) (Rebels Primary Opfor); needs 8, rolls 7 : misses

Medium Laser at Saladin Assault Hover Tank (Armor) (Rebels Primary Opfor); needs 8, rolls 5 : misses

Weapons fire for Saladin Assault Hover Tank (Standard) (Rebels Primary Opfor)
    AC/20 at Catapult CPLT-C1 #2 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 11 : hits RL
        Catapult CPLT-C1 #2 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 20 damage to RL.
            Armor destroyed.
             13 Internal Structure remaining.
            Critical hit on RL. Roll is 4; no effect.

Weapons fire for Saladin Assault Hover Tank (Armor) (Rebels Primary Opfor)
    AC/20 at Catapult CPLT-C1 #2 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 4 : misses

Weapons fire for Stalker STK-3F (1st Octopus Overlords)
    Large Laser at Vedette Medium Tank (Standard) #6 (Rebels Primary Opfor); needs 9, rolls 6 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 6 : no fire..

Large Laser at Vedette Medium Tank (Standard) #6 (Rebels Primary Opfor); needs 9, rolls 5 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 8 : no fire..

LRM 10 at Vedette Medium Tank (Standard) #6 (Rebels Primary Opfor); needs 10, rolls 4 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 4 : no fire..

LRM 10 at Vedette Medium Tank (Standard) #6 (Rebels Primary Opfor); needs 10, rolls 10 : - Glancing Blow -3 missile(s) hit (using Left Side table) (w/ -4 malus).

Vedette Medium Tank (Standard) #6 (Rebels Primary Opfor) takes 3 damage to LS.
            15 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for Wolverine WVR-6R (Rebels Primary Opfor)
    AC/5 at Phoenix Hawk PXH-1K (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 12, rolls 4 : misses

Weapons fire for Vedette Medium Tank (AC2) #2 (Rebels Primary Opfor)
    AC/2 at Armored Personnel Carrier (Hover LRM) (Free Rasalhague Republic Convoy); needs 12, rolls 3 : misses

Weapons fire for Catapult CPLT-C1 #2 (1st Octopus Overlords)
    LRM 15 at Saladin Assault Hover Tank (Standard) (Rebels Primary Opfor); needs 7, rolls 9 : 9 missile(s) hit (using Left Side table).

Saladin Assault Hover Tank (Standard) (Rebels Primary Opfor) takes 5 damage to LS.
            0 Armor remaining.
            Chance for motive system damage. Roll is 9; (w/ +5 bonus)
             Moderate damage, +2 to driving skill rolls, -1 MP.

Saladin Assault Hover Tank (Standard) (Rebels Primary Opfor) takes 4 damage to FR.
            13 Armor remaining.
            Chance for motive system damage. Roll is 14; (w/ +5 bonus)
             Major damage, vehicle immobile.

LRM 15 at Saladin Assault Hover Tank (Standard) (Rebels Primary Opfor); needs 7, rolls 8 : 6 missile(s) hit (using Left Side table).

Saladin Assault Hover Tank (Standard) (Rebels Primary Opfor) takes 5 damage to LS.
             SECTION DESTROYED.
*** Saladin Assault Hover Tank (Standard) (Rebels Primary Opfor) DESTROYED by damage! ***
            Critical hit on LS. Roll is 4; no effect.

Saladin Assault Hover Tank (Standard) (Rebels Primary Opfor) takes 1 damage to FR.
            12 Armor remaining.
            Chance for motive system damage. Roll is 12; (w/ +5 bonus)
             Major damage, vehicle immobile.

Medium Laser at Saladin Assault Hover Tank (Armor) (Rebels Primary Opfor); needs 9, rolls 9 : - Glancing Blow -hits (using Left Side table) RR
        Saladin Assault Hover Tank (Armor) (Rebels Primary Opfor) takes 2 damage to RR.
            8 Armor remaining.
            Chance for motive system damage. Roll is 8; (w/ +5 bonus)

Medium Laser at Saladin Assault Hover Tank (Armor) (Rebels Primary Opfor); needs 9, rolls 9 : - Glancing Blow -hits (using Left Side table) LS
        Saladin Assault Hover Tank (Armor) (Rebels Primary Opfor) takes 2 damage to LS.
            3 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for Vedette Medium Tank (AC2) (Rebels Primary Opfor)
    AC/2 at Hatchetman HCT-3FXL (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 12, rolls 6 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 7 : no fire..

Weapons fire for Vedette Medium Tank (Standard) #3 (Rebels Primary Opfor)
    AC/5 at Awesome AWS-8QXL (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 11 : hits LL
        Awesome AWS-8QXL (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to LL.
            28 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for Marauder MAD-3RXL (1st Octopus Overlords)
    Gauss Rifle at Vedette Medium Tank (Standard) #7 (Rebels Primary Opfor); needs 6, rolls 9 : - Direct Blow - hits FR
        Vedette Medium Tank (Standard) #7 (Rebels Primary Opfor) takes 16 damage to FR.
            4 Armor remaining.
            Chance for motive system damage. Roll is 8; (w/ +0 bonus)

PPC at Vedette Medium Tank (Standard) #7 (Rebels Primary Opfor); needs 3, rolls 12 : - Direct Blow - hits TU
        Vedette Medium Tank (Standard) #7 (Rebels Primary Opfor) takes 13 damage to TU.
            7 Armor remaining.

Medium Laser at Vedette Medium Tank (Standard) #7 (Rebels Primary Opfor); needs 7, rolls 6 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 11 : no fire..

Weapons fire for Vedette Medium Tank (Standard) (Rebels Primary Opfor)
    AC/5 at Awesome AWS-8QXL (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 10, rolls 9 : misses

Weapons fire for Phoenix Hawk PXH-1K (1st Octopus Overlords)
    Large Laser at Vedette Medium Tank (Standard) #7 (Rebels Primary Opfor); needs 10, rolls 3 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 3 : possible fire.
        Needs 9 [7 (Large Laser) + 2 (accidental)] to ignite, rolls 9
        Fire started in hex 2429.

Medium Laser at Vedette Medium Tank (Standard) #7 (Rebels Primary Opfor); needs 10, rolls 10 : - Glancing Blow -hits (using Left Side table) FR
        Vedette Medium Tank (Standard) #7 (Rebels Primary Opfor) takes 2 damage to FR.
            2 Armor remaining.
            Chance for motive system damage. Roll is 9; (w/ +2 bonus)

Weapons fire for Maxim Heavy Hover Transport (Standard) (Rebels Primary Opfor)
    LRM 5 at Stalker STK-3F (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 12, rolls 11 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 4 : no fire..

Weapons fire for Hunter Light Support Tank (LRM15) (Rebels Primary Opfor)
    LRM 15 at Stalker STK-3F (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 8 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 5 : no fire..

Weapons fire for Hatchetman HCT-3FXL (1st Octopus Overlords)
    AC/10 at Vedette Medium Tank (Standard) #6 (Rebels Primary Opfor); needs 9, rolls 10 : hits (using Left Side table) LS (critical)
        Vedette Medium Tank (Standard) #6 (Rebels Primary Opfor) takes 10 damage to LS (critical).
            5 Armor remaining.
            Critical hit on LS. Roll is 6; Crew stunned for 1 turns.

Medium Laser at Vedette Medium Tank (Standard) #6 (Rebels Primary Opfor); needs 6, rolls 2 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 8 : no fire..

Medium Laser at Vedette Medium Tank (Standard) #6 (Rebels Primary Opfor); needs 6, rolls 7 : hits (using Left Side table) LS
        Vedette Medium Tank (Standard) #6 (Rebels Primary Opfor) takes 5 damage to LS.
            0 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for Scorpion Light Tank (LRM) #2 (Rebels Primary Opfor)
    LRM 5 at Stalker STK-3F (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 12, rolls 3 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 6 : no fire..

LRM 10 at Stalker STK-3F (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 12, rolls 4 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 5 : no fire..

Weapons fire for Saracen Medium Hover Tank (Standard) (Rebels Primary Opfor)
    SRM 2 at Catapult CPLT-C1 #2 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 11, rolls 8 : misses

SRM 2 at Catapult CPLT-C1 #2 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 11, rolls 8 : misses

SRM 2 at Catapult CPLT-C1 #2 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 11, rolls 9 : misses

LRM 10 at Catapult CPLT-C1 #2 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 4 : misses

Weapons fire for Awesome AWS-8QXL (1st Octopus Overlords)
    ER PPC at Saladin Assault Hover Tank (Armor) (Rebels Primary Opfor); needs 9, rolls 5 : misses

PPC at Saladin Assault Hover Tank (Armor) (Rebels Primary Opfor); needs 9, rolls 10 : hits (using Left Side table) LS (critical)
        Saladin Assault Hover Tank (Armor) (Rebels Primary Opfor) takes 10 damage to LS (critical).
            Armor destroyed.
             SECTION DESTROYED.
*** Saladin Assault Hover Tank (Armor) (Rebels Primary Opfor) DESTROYED by damage! ***
            Critical hit on LS. Roll is 7; Crew stunned for 2 turns.
            Critical hit on LS. Roll is 5; no effect.

Catapult CPLT-C1 #2 (1st Octopus Overlords) must make 1 piloting skill roll(s) (20+ damage).
The base target is 3 [3 (Base piloting skill)].
    Roll #1, (3 (Base piloting skill) + 1 (20+ damage)); needs 4, rolls 11 : succeeds.

Physical Attack Phase
-------------------

Physical attacks for Hatchetman HCT-3FXL (1st Octopus Overlords)
    Kick (Left leg) at Vedette Medium Tank (Standard) #7 (Rebels Primary Opfor); needs 3, rolls 6 : - Direct Blow - hits (using Left Side table) TU (critical)
        Vedette Medium Tank (Standard) #7 (Rebels Primary Opfor) takes 11 damage to TU (critical).
            Armor destroyed.
             1 Internal Structure remaining.
            Critical hit on TU. Roll is (11+1) = 12; Turret blown off!
*** Vedette Medium Tank (Standard) #7 (Rebels Primary Opfor) DESTROYED by turret blown off! ***
            Critical hit on TU. Roll is (2+1) = 3; no effect.

Kick (Left leg) at Vedette Medium Tank (Standard) #7 (Rebels Primary Opfor); needs 3, rolls 9 : - Direct Blow - hits (using Left Side table) RR
        Vedette Medium Tank (Standard) #7 (Rebels Primary Opfor) takes 12 damage to RR.
            8 Armor remaining.
            Chance for motive system damage. Roll is 9; (w/ +2 bonus)

Heat Phase
-------------------
Subtracting 4 heat due to combat computer...
Stalker STK-3F (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 21 heat, sinks 20 heat and is now at 1 heat.
Guillotine GLT-4L (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 22 heat, sinks 22 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Awesome AWS-8QXL (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 27 heat, sinks 27 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Marauder MAD-3RXL (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 15 heat, sinks 15 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Catapult CPLT-C1 #2 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 18 heat, sinks 15 heat and is now at 3 heat.
Hatchetman HCT-3FXL (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 11 heat, sinks 10 heat and is now at 1 heat.
Phoenix Hawk PXH-1K (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 12 heat, sinks 12 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Uni ATAE-70 CargoMech (Standard) (Free Rasalhague Republic Convoy) gains 0 heat, sinks 0 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Wolverine WVR-6R (Rebels Primary Opfor) gains 2 heat, sinks 2 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Warhammer WHM-6R (Rebels Primary Opfor) gains 1 heat, sinks 1 heat and is now at 0 heat.

Control Rolls
-------------------

End Phase
-------------------
Fire at 2429 was started this round.
Light smoke fills 2530.
Light smoke fills 2430.
Light smoke fills 2529.

Megamek save

Rules update:
Somebody accidentally set a fire.
Smoke light/heavy acts like woods (and stacks with them) for purposes of LOS, but does not impede movement.
Walking through a lit-up hex adds two heat
Standing in a lit-up hex adds five heat
I'll add these to the "rules refresher" post.

Objective update (now with assists!):
4 / 20 hostile units crippled or destroyed (rout test at 50%)
Vedette #6 crippled and withdrawing (tank armor breach, Isgrimnur, assist by Siljanus)
Saladin (Standard) destroyed (Stefan)
Saladin (Armor) destroyed (Gbasden, assist by Stefan and Leraje)
Vedette #7 destroyed (Isgrimnur, assist by El Guapo and liaison)
Last edited by NickAragua on Thu May 07, 2020 11:27 am, edited 3 times in total.
Black Lives Matter
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Leraje wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 10:02 pm Everyone's hating on Saladins :twisted:
lol, they're gone now.
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

NickAragua wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 11:08 am Siljanus manages to add a couple of .
Well done.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

:violence-axechase:
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Isgrimnur wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 11:24 am
NickAragua wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 11:08 am Siljanus manages to add a couple of .
Well done.
Must be really early onset Alzheimers.
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Is there any heat from walking / running? I thought that there was a point or two from that, but looks like not?

Relatedly, I'm trying to figure out why I had 15 heat - I thought it should be 16 (10 from PPC, 3 from gauss, 3 from medium laser). Doesn't matter since I have 17 heat sinks, but just want to make sure I understand it right.
Black Lives Matter.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

NickAragua wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 11:28 am
Isgrimnur wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 11:24 am
Well done.
Must be really early onset Alzheimers.
My contribution is indescribable... :horse:
Black lives matter!

NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

El Guapo wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 11:49 am Is there any heat from walking / running? I thought that there was a point or two from that, but looks like not?

Relatedly, I'm trying to figure out why I had 15 heat - I thought it should be 16 (10 from PPC, 3 from gauss, 3 from medium laser). Doesn't matter since I have 17 heat sinks, but just want to make sure I understand it right.
Correct, there is 1 heat from walking, 2 heat from running.

The gauss rifle should produce 1 heat (which looks like I completely screwed up the stats for it, including damage and range - I've updated those). So you get 10 PPC + 1 gauss + 3 laser + 1 walking = 15.
Black Lives Matter
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Best speed to 2019 (or 2020 if I have LOS from that hex) to engage that crafty Wolverine currently at 1424. Would like to open up on it with my lg lasers and LRM 10s. If heat is an issue just the LRMs for now.
Black lives matter!

NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

$iljanus wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 12:02 pm Best speed to 2019 (or 2020 if I have LOS from that hex) to engage that crafty Wolverine currently at 1424. Would like to open up on it with my lg lasers and LRM 10s. If heat is an issue just the LRMs for now.
The Stalker has an effective heat capacity of 24 (20 heat sinks plus the combat computer which is effectively four free heat sinks), so you should be fine to go up to 28 heat without suffering any penalties.

Your movement doesn't get you to any of those hexes, but you do have LOS on the Wolverine from where you are.
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

NickAragua wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 11:56 am
El Guapo wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 11:49 am Is there any heat from walking / running? I thought that there was a point or two from that, but looks like not?

Correct, there is 1 heat from walking, 2 heat from running.

The gauss rifle should produce 1 heat (which looks like I completely screwed up the stats for it, including damage and range - I've updated those). So you get 10 PPC + 1 gauss + 3 laser + 1 walking = 15.
Gauss Rifle - Left Torso - 1 - 15 - 7/15/22 (16 shots, minimum range 2)

Wow, Gauss Rifles are even better than I remembered. Aside from the 'massive explosion if hit' thing, but I'm sure that will never come back to bite me.
Black Lives Matter.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

NickAragua wrote:
$iljanus wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 12:02 pm Best speed to 2019 (or 2020 if I have LOS from that hex) to engage that crafty Wolverine currently at 1424. Would like to open up on it with my lg lasers and LRM 10s. If heat is an issue just the LRMs for now.
The Stalker has an effective heat capacity of 24 (20 heat sinks plus the combat computer which is effectively four free heat sinks), so you should be fine to go up to 28 heat without suffering any penalties.

Your movement doesn't get you to any of those hexes, but you do have LOS on the Wolverine from where you are.
Oh cool! The intervening woods threw me off. If that's the case then I will rain LRMs on that Wolverine. If the woods don't block my lasers I'll light it up with my Large Lasers as well.
Black lives matter!

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Walk to 2828, facing SE.

Fire at the Vedette in 3030 - 1 PPC, 1 gauss, 2 medium lasers. Should be 18 heat - 17, leave me at 1 heat.
Black Lives Matter.
Leraje

Post by Leraje »

Run to 4027, turn to face South.
Fire all lasers at Vedette @ 3728. And hopefully this time I'll mange to hit something.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

El Guapo wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 12:24 pm Gauss Rifle - Left Torso - 1 - 15 - 7/15/22 (16 shots, minimum range 2)

Wow, Gauss Rifles are even better than I remembered. Aside from the 'massive explosion if hit' thing, but I'm sure that will never come back to bite me.
Still better than a lone ammo bin in an under-armored torso section. It'll probably even leave the mech salvageable if it blows.
Black Lives Matter
Leraje

Post by Leraje »

NickAragua wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 1:23 pm
El Guapo wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 12:24 pm Gauss Rifle - Left Torso - 1 - 15 - 7/15/22 (16 shots, minimum range 2)

Still better than a lone ammo bin in an under-armored torso section. It'll probably even leave the mech salvageable if it blows.
Though it is death for the XL engines when mounted in the side torso. :cry:
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Leraje wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 2:16 pm
NickAragua wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 1:23 pm

Though it is death for the XL engines when mounted in the side torso. :cry:
It's only a mission kill. :D

Bring that mech back to base, buy half a million C-Bills in spare parts and a couple weeks in the shop, and it'll be just as good as new(*).
Black Lives Matter
Stefan Stirzaker

Post by Stefan Stirzaker »

OUch no leg armour on one leg. Going back to 3519 and taking on the Saracen Lasers and an unallocated Vedette with LRMS. Might be doing a few rounds of LRM fire.
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

Run to 3225, fire on the Vedette in 3627.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Stefan Stirzaker wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 6:52 pm OUch no leg armour on one leg. Going back to 3519 and taking on the Saracen Lasers and an unallocated Vedette with LRMS. Might be doing a few rounds of LRM fire.
Nick, is he out of action if he jumps in a lake now?
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Isgrimnur wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 10:39 pm
Stefan Stirzaker wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 6:52 pm OUch no leg armour on one leg. Going back to 3519 and taking on the Saracen Lasers and an unallocated Vedette with LRMS. Might be doing a few rounds of LRM fire.
The leg armor breach means the leg gets flooded and every actuator stops working, for a total of probably +5 to PSRs, making the base target roll 8+. So, doable, but highly inadvisable.

edit: also, I don't think the catapult can reach 3519, even with 5/8/5 movement
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Isgrimnur wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 10:39 pm
What's with you and wanting people to jump in lakes?
Black Lives Matter.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

50% cover, increased heat reduction.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Isgrimnur wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 11:37 pm 50% cover, increased heat reduction.
It's a little less than 50% - you only negate leg hits, which are I think about 20-30% of all attacks on your mech. And the heat reduction only works if you have leg heat sinks. But definitely better than hanging out in the open.
Black Lives Matter
Leraje

Post by Leraje »

NickAragua wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 12:01 am
It's a little less than 50% - you only negate leg hits, which are I think about 20-30% of all attacks on your mech. And the heat reduction only works if you have leg heat sinks. But definitely better than hanging out in the open.
Do you use called shot (aim high/low) rules?
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Leraje wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 12:08 am
NickAragua wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 12:01 am
Do you use called shot (aim high/low) rules?
I do not, but I'm familiar with them.
Black Lives Matter