Let's Play Together: GM'd Battletech via MegaMek XII

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

moleymoleymoley

Re: Let's Play Together: GM'd Battletech via MegaMek XII

Post by moleymoleymoley »

jump to 1931 and fire the large laser (or LRMs) whichever has the best to hit, at the mad cat
Last edited by moleymoleymoley on Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TotallyNotEvil

Post by TotallyNotEvil »

Moley, your MLs should be in range too. You could fire two (and the LL) for just +1 Heat at the end of the phase.

Removing MGs and the SRM from the base Thud for 4 JJs was a top tier refit, btw.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Can I do Death from Above on 2623?
It's almost as if people are the problem.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Isgrimnur wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:15 pm Can I do Death from Above on 2623?
Just to make sure, you're wanting to stomp the elementals?

If so, then yes, but it's an 11+ (3 + 3 "infantry target" + 3 "attacker jumped" + 2 target jumping 3 hexes and for some reason them being in woods doesn't apply), so it might not be the best move. Not really sure megamek has the calculation exactly right, but I think I've had enough making changes to the code in mid-game after that whole thing with the minefields.
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

That was the intent. Perhaps jumping to 2622 to engage them will work better.
moleymoleymoley

TotallyNotEvil wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:42 am Moley, your MLs should be in range too. You could fire two (and the LL) for just +1 Heat at the end of the phase.

Removing MGs and the SRM from the base Thud for 4 JJs was a top tier refit, btw.
Really?I only sink 17, I'm already at 6, then add 4 for the jump, 8 for the LL leaves me +1?
moleymoleymoley

Is 1931 still in his rear arc? Might take that for the extra tree cover.

May also just pop 2 MLs and take the extra heat just to try and get that side torso off
TotallyNotEvil

Post by TotallyNotEvil »

Just waiting for the to-hit mods now to decide on my move.
moleymoleymoley wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:36 am
TotallyNotEvil wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:42 am Moley, your MLs should be in range too. You could fire two (and the LL) for just +1 Heat at the end of the phase.

Really?I only sink 17, I'm already at 6, then add 4 for the jump, 8 for the LL leaves me +1?
Keep forgetting to look up current heat >.>

Never mind that then.

Here's the rear arc:

You have to be in a hex wholy inside of it.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Updated the main turn post, but also here for convenience.

Target modifiers:
Loki 2232: +2
Ryoken 2429: +3
Mad Cat 1727: +3
Nobori-Nin: +3
Black Hawk: +5
Elementals 2323: +2
All other elementals: +3
Thor: +5
Vulture 1213: +0
Vulture 1115: +1
Ryoken 1409: +3
Loki 1207: +1
Daishi: +0
Mad Cat 1504: +2
Mad Cat 2003: +3
Ryoken 3806: +1 (+2 if attack passes through 3706)
Black Lives Matter
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

So is the Thor always going to have numbers like that? What does that mean in a practical sense? Melee? DFA still needs to successfully hit; so I assume it's out as well. I do know that my odds of hitting are not good. I don't have the skill.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Can I jump to 2513 and turn enough to be able to shoot at the Thor? If it's worth it. No. Nevermind. I think that's 2 light woods between us and the heavy woods that it's in. So no LOS.

Still may be the best move. I need to either start moving north, or moving south. It looks like we have better numbers to the south.

If there is a good target for the LRMs, I'll fire those.

And I still think the best move for the Kurita Crusader is to back up and rotate in order to protect it's back before moving to the west.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

TheMix wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:44 am So is the Thor always going to have numbers like that? What does that mean in a practical sense? Melee? DFA still needs to successfully hit; so I assume it's out as well. I do know that my odds of hitting are not good. I don't have the skill.
The +5 is a combination of +3 from jumping movement and +2 from heavy woods. So if you're standing still and firing at it from short range, most of us are looking at 9s or 10s to hit on a 2d6, 11s or 12s if we move around or fire from medium range. The numbers are high because the mechwarrior is playing it defensively, having gotten pretty beat up - he's got at least one armor breach and has taken an engine hit.
Black Lives Matter
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

So... is he likely to keep doing that? If so, we can possibly ignore him for the moment? Thoughts? Just seems like a bad idea to keep trying to hit him if there are better targets. Though it would be really nice to take him out. He's tying up a bunch of resources. Evidence has suggested, however, that my odds of hitting him are small. Plus, I also took some nasty hits; so I also need to keep playing defensively. Where's $iljanus? Doesn't he have mad skillz? :D

Black Lives Matter

$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

TheMix wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:32 pm So... is he likely to keep doing that? If so, we can possibly ignore him for the moment? Thoughts? Just seems like a bad idea to keep trying to hit him if there are better targets. Though it would be really nice to take him out. He's tying up a bunch of resources. Evidence has suggested, however, that my odds of hitting him are small. Plus, I also took some nasty hits; so I also need to keep playing defensively. Where's $iljanus? Doesn't he have mad skillz? :D
I’m on a hot streak! Unfortunately, my mech is also running hot so I want to chill for a turn so I can bring up my MPs a bit and do some decent maneuvering again. :cry:
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Marauder: back up into 3021 (which I think is not on fire) and fire at the best to hit option - might be the elementals in 2623.

Kurita awesome: turn around and move into 2915. Shoot at and kick the Thor.

For the K awesome, I know the Thor is hard to hit right now, but I'm not seeing a better target?
Black Lives Matter.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Here's what I've got so far. Waiting on TotallyNotEvil.

Kurita Phoenix Hawk engage Thor or Ryoken
Hatamoto-Hi back up and engage Ryoken 2429
BL-KNT >> 3925, face N, fire ErPPC and ErLL x2 @ Stormcrow 3806, Timberwolf 1727 or Huntsman 1825 depending on the most favourable firing solution.
Mackie walks backwards to 3023 to vent some heat before getting back into the fight
Thunderbolt jump to 1931 and fire the large laser (or LRMs) whichever has the best to hit, at the mad cat
Thug to 2622, target elementals
Kurita Crusader to 2901, target Ryoken if possible
TheMix Crusader to 2513, target easiest shot with LRMs
Kurita Awesome to 2915, engage Thor
Marauder back up to 3021, engage easiest target

Leraje wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:06 pm ON1-K >> 3505 (?), fire @ Stormcrow 3806[/b]
Can't make it there (7 MP). One hex short lets you fire at the Ryoken, while breaking south to 3206 lets you fire at it without the intervening woods/partial cover but at medium range.
TheMix wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:32 pm So... is he likely to keep doing that? If so, we can possibly ignore him for the moment?
Your mechwarrior would likely do the same when having taken that much damage. You can ignore him, but do so at your peril, as if that ER PPC connects well that's over half the armor gone on any location on most of our mechs.
Black Lives Matter
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

I didn't mean "ignore" in the sense of completely disregard, but rather in the "don't bother targeting it for now, but don't turn your back on it" sense.

Black Lives Matter

NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Fair enough. Well, you put enough fire on him, even at 10+, something will hit eventually. Only thing is, he's not alone.
Black Lives Matter
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Right. Which is kind of why I thought it best to not focus on him right now. But to first try and take out a few other targets. Hopefully he's more focused on staying alive right now and less on smacking us around. Probably not, but I can hope, right?

Black Lives Matter

NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

In the interest of keeping this moving, I'll probably start processing this turn in about two hours, so last chance to get orders/corrections in.
Black Lives Matter
TotallyNotEvil

Post by TotallyNotEvil »

Aw shit, I'm so sorry Nick, I got completely absorbed in other stuff, and in-between commenting on the moves and said other stuff, actually forgot to make mine.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

TheMix gets the Crusader's incessant heat alarm beeping under control, firing LRMs at the hilltop-camping Vulture to try to keep it busy. It doesn't help as lasers continue to dig into the Crusader's armor, the left leg lighting up red as the armor is almost gone. A couple of Kurita mechs actually open fire on that Vulture while it's busy, however, delivering some damage including a few LRMs to an arm actuator.

El Guapo's decoy blows, spattering the nearby Elementals with debris. A single chunk of the disguise bounces off Isgrimnur's armor, throwing off the mechwarriors aim. The pitter patter of rifle rounds and lasers issuing from the nearby battle armor troopers against the cockpit armor doesn't help either. Isgrimnur zeroes in on one source of the annoyance and brings the Thug's foot down, crushing a battle armor trooper. It appears that these squads have four troopers in them, unlike the normal clan approach of five, signifying either organizational or logistics issues - which isn't that great for the invading force in the long run. Our mechwarrior also notes that the battle armor units are no longer firing their SRM swarms, indicating that they've run out of ammo. "Thank Weisman for small favors." the mechwarrior comments.

El Guapo targets the Black Hawk near Isgrimnur as the clan mech fires on Siljanus, connecting with the PPC to the left arm and a glancing hit from the gauss rifle to the left torso. Siljanus briefly looks over to see where all those lasers are coming from and then a laser connects with the Mackie's head, temporarily blinding the mechwarrior while the feedback from the neurohelmet knocks him out entirely. The mech remains standing somehow.

To the north, the Orion chases down the Ryoken moving east, firing its autocannon and blasting most of the armor off the left arm. Leraje fires the Black Knight's long range weapons at the same Ryoken, blasting a good chunk off the left leg. The Kurita Archer capitalizes on this armor damage, firing off LRMs at the enemy mech. Most cluster on armored sections but a few connect with the left leg, causing visible foot actuator damage. The mech trips and falls to the ground.

Moley and the Ryoken circle around the retreating Loki, Moley's aim thrown off by the Ryoken's lasers. Lich jumps forward, blasting said Ryoken with the Griffin's lasers.

The Thor is a little surrounded, with the Awesome unable to take any shots with its PPCs, but does connect with its small laser. The Awesome connects a kick on the Thor's right leg, leaving very little structural integrity. The 70-tonner jumps off to the east, probably hoping to avoid a repeat of that incident.

The two northern Mad Cats begin circling around the lake there, probably intending to reinforce their flagging pals on the other side of the river, while one of the Vultures moves to our side of the battlefield.

On our side, the Mad Cat and Ryoken continue circling while the Loki continues its retreat. The Nobori-Nin moves up a little, probably setting up to jump in, while the Black Hawk pulls back, probably feeling a need to get clear of El Guapo's PPCs. Meanwhile, a short squad of battle armor troopers hops along towards Siljanus' mech, no doubt seeking to take advantage of its disabled state to mess with its leg actuators or climb up and mess with "more critical systems".

Current battlefield status:
Spoiler:
Enlarge Image
Raw firing/heat/melee data:
Spoiler:
Initiative Phase for Round #8
-------------------
1st Octopus Overlords rolls a 12[8+4].
Clan Smoke Jaguar rolls a 8[8+0].

Wind direction is Northeast.

Thug THG-11EO ID:69 (1st Octopus Overlords) passes through a fire. It will generate 2 more heat this round.

Hatamoto-Hi HTM-27U ID:103 (1st Octopus Overlords) must make a piloting skill check while moving in hex 3331 (moving backwards over an elevation change).
Needs 3 [3 (Base piloting skill) + 0 (moving backwards over an elevation change)], rolls 9 : succeeds.

Marauder MAD-3R ID:24 (1st Octopus Overlords) must make a piloting skill check (getting up).
Needs 3 [3 (Base piloting skill) + 0 (getting up)], rolls 6 : succeeds.

Weapon Attack Phase
-------------------
     LoaderMech LRM5-FLU ID:193 (1st Octopus Overlords) Checking for self destruct on 4, roll is 11: EXPLODES!
        Start Secondary Damage Report.
         >LoaderMech LRM5-FLU ID:193 (1st Octopus Overlords) suffers catastrophic damage, but the autoeject system was engaged.

LoaderMech LRM5-FLU ID:193 (1st Octopus Overlords) must make a piloting skill check (landing in clear terrain).
    Needs 8 [4 (ejecting) + 5 (Mech is prone) + 1 (automatic ejection) - 2 (landing in clear terrain)], rolls 8 : succeeds.
            The pilot ejects safely!
*** LoaderMech LRM5-FLU ID:193 (1st Octopus Overlords) DESTROYED by ejection! ***
        Fire at 2525 was started due to an engine explosion!
            Fire started in hex 2525.
        Hex 2525: terrain takes 40 damage.
        Hex 2624: terrain takes 4 damage.
        Hex 2425: terrain takes 4 damage.
        Hex 2325: terrain takes 2 damage.
        Hex 2324: terrain takes 2 damage.
        Hex 2623: terrain takes 2 damage.
        Hex 2224: terrain takes 1 damage.
        Hex 2223: terrain takes 1 damage.
        Hex 2323: terrain takes 1 damage.
        Hex 2627: terrain takes 1 damage.
        Hex 2528: terrain takes 1 damage.
        Hex 2427: terrain takes 1 damage.
        Thug THG-11EO ID:69 (1st Octopus Overlords) is hit for 1 damage!
        Thug THG-11EO ID:69 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 1 damage to LT.
            15 Armor remaining.

Black Hawk (Nova) Prime ID:10 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) is hit for 1 damage!
        Black Hawk (Nova) Prime ID:10 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 1 damage to LA.
            12 Armor remaining.

Elemental Battle Armor [Laser] ID:18 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) is hit for 1 damage!
        Battle Armor hit by area-effect damage. Each trooper takes damage.
        Elemental Battle Armor [Laser] ID:18 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 1 damage to Trooper 1.
            9 Armor remaining.
        Elemental Battle Armor [Laser] ID:18 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 1 damage to Trooper 2.
            7 Armor remaining.
        Elemental Battle Armor [Laser] ID:18 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 1 damage to Trooper 3.
            9 Armor remaining.
        Elemental Battle Armor [Laser] ID:18 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 1 damage to Trooper 4.
            9 Armor remaining.

Elemental Battle Armor [Laser] ID:20 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) is hit for 2 damage!
        Battle Armor hit by area-effect damage. Each trooper takes damage.
        Elemental Battle Armor [Laser] ID:20 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 2 damage to Trooper 1.
            6 Armor remaining.
        Elemental Battle Armor [Laser] ID:20 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 2 damage to Trooper 2.
            6 Armor remaining.
        Elemental Battle Armor [Laser] ID:20 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 2 damage to Trooper 3.
            6 Armor remaining.
        Elemental Battle Armor [Laser] ID:20 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 2 damage to Trooper 4.
            6 Armor remaining.

End Secondary Damage Report.

Weapons fire for Crusader CRD-3LD ID:49 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     LRM 10 at Vulture (Mad Dog) Prime ID:13 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 10, rolls 6 : misses

LRM 10 at Vulture (Mad Dog) Prime ID:13 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 10, rolls 5 : misses

Weapons fire for Vulture (Mad Dog) Prime ID:13 (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
     Large Pulse Laser at Crusader CRD-3LD ID:49 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 9 : hits LL
        Crusader CRD-3LD ID:49 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 10 damage to LL.
            4 Armor remaining.

Large Pulse Laser at Crusader CRD-3LD ID:49 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 8 : - Glancing Blow -hits RT
        Crusader CRD-3LD ID:49 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to RT.
            17 Armor remaining.

LRM 20 at Crusader CRD-3LD ID:49 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 10, rolls 6 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 8 : no fire..

Weapons fire for Daishi (Dire Wolf) Prime ID:1 (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
     ER Large Laser at Orion ON1-K ID:23 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 2 : misses

ER Large Laser at Orion ON1-K ID:23 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 6 : misses

ER Large Laser at Orion ON1-K ID:23 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 5 : misses

Ultra AC/5 at Orion ON1-K ID:23 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 8 :
        Orion ON1-K ID:23 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to CTR.
            5 Armor remaining.

Ultra AC/5 at Orion ON1-K ID:23 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 8 :
        Orion ON1-K ID:23 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to LL.
            8 Armor remaining.

LRM 10 at Orion ON1-K ID:23 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 7 : - Glancing Blow -3 missile(s) hit (using Rear table) (w/ -4 malus).

Orion ON1-K ID:23 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 3 damage to CTR.
            2 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for Orion ON1-K ID:23 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     AC/10 at Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:5 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 9, rolls 12 : - Direct Blow - hits (using Rear Partial cover (horizontal 50%) table) LA
        Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:5 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 11 damage to LA.
            1 Armor remaining.

SRM 4 at Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:5 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 11, rolls 9 : misses

Weapons fire for Thug THG-11EO ID:69 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     SRM 6 at Elemental Battle Armor [Laser] ID:20 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 10, rolls 8 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 7 : no fire..

SRM 6 at Elemental Battle Armor [Laser] ID:20 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 10, rolls 9 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 9 : no fire..

PPC at Elemental Battle Armor [Laser] ID:18 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 11, rolls 8 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 6 : no fire..

Weapons fire for Elemental Battle Armor [Laser] ID:20 (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
     Small Laser at Thug THG-11EO ID:69 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 4, rolls 7 : - Direct Blow - 2 troopers hit
        Thug THG-11EO ID:69 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 4 damage to LT.
            11 Armor remaining.

Thug THG-11EO ID:69 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 4 damage to CT.
            30 Armor remaining.

Auto-Rifle (Modern, Generic) at Thug THG-11EO ID:69 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 4, rolls 8 : - Direct Blow - 3 troopers hit, causing 2 damage.
        Thug THG-11EO ID:69 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to HD.
            7 Armor remaining.

Pilot of Thug THG-11EO ID:69 (1st Octopus Overlords) "Private Gurudasa "Isgrimnur MkII" Naimish" takes 1 damage (1 total hits).
        Pilot of Thug THG-11EO ID:69 (1st Octopus Overlords) "Private Gurudasa "Isgrimnur MkII" Naimish" needs a 3 to stay conscious. Rolls 9 : successful!

Weapons fire for Thunderbolt TDR-5SE ID:73 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     Large Laser at Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) B ID:11 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 8, rolls 7 : misses

Medium Laser at Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) B ID:11 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 10, rolls 6 : misses

Weapons fire for Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:14 (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
     ER Large Laser at Thunderbolt TDR-5SE ID:73 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 9 : - Glancing Blow -hits CT
        Thunderbolt TDR-5SE ID:73 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to CT.
            7 Armor remaining.

ER Medium Laser at Thunderbolt TDR-5SE ID:73 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 8 : misses

Weapons fire for Marauder MAD-5SO ID:75 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     ER PPC at Black Hawk (Nova) Prime ID:10 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 7, rolls 5 : misses

ER PPC at Black Hawk (Nova) Prime ID:10 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 7, rolls 9 : hits (using Left Side table) LA
        Black Hawk (Nova) Prime ID:10 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 10 damage to LA.
            2 Armor remaining.

Gauss Rifle at Black Hawk (Nova) Prime ID:10 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 7, rolls 7 : - Glancing Blow - - Glancing Blow due to Narrow/Low Profile - hits (using Left Side table) LT
        Black Hawk (Nova) Prime ID:10 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 3 damage to LT.
            13 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for Black Hawk (Nova) Prime ID:10 (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
     ER Medium Laser at Mackie MSK-8BG ID:78 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 4 : misses

ER Medium Laser at Mackie MSK-8BG ID:78 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 11 : hits CT
        Mackie MSK-8BG ID:78 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 7 damage to CT.
            30 Armor remaining.

ER Medium Laser at Mackie MSK-8BG ID:78 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 6 : misses

ER Medium Laser at Mackie MSK-8BG ID:78 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 2 : misses

ER Medium Laser at Mackie MSK-8BG ID:78 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 9 : - Glancing Blow -hits HD
        Mackie MSK-8BG ID:78 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 3 damage to HD.
            5 Armor remaining.

Pilot of Mackie MSK-8BG ID:78 (1st Octopus Overlords) "Lieutenant SG Omer "Siljanus Mk II" Nanji" takes 1 damage (2 total hits).
        Pilot of Mackie MSK-8BG ID:78 (1st Octopus Overlords) "Lieutenant SG Omer "Siljanus Mk II" Nanji" needs a 5 to stay conscious. Rolls 3 : blacks out.

ER Medium Laser at Mackie MSK-8BG ID:78 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 3 : misses

Weapons fire for Mackie MSK-8BG ID:78 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     PPC at Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:14 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 7, rolls 5 : misses

Gauss Rifle at Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:14 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 9, rolls 8 : misses

Medium Laser at Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:14 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 11, rolls 7 : misses

Weapons fire for Black Knight BL-6b-KNTC ID:101 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     ER Large Laser at Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:5 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 8, rolls 11 : - Direct Blow - hits LL
        Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:5 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 11 damage to LL.
            6 Armor remaining.

ER Large Laser at Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:5 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 8, rolls 7 : misses

ER PPC at Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:5 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 8, rolls 6 : misses

Weapons fire for Hatamoto-Hi HTM-27U ID:103 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     PPC at Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:14 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 10, rolls 8 : misses

Weapons fire for Trebuchet TBT-3C ID:110 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     LRM 15 (Artemis-capable ammo) at Elemental Battle Armor [Laser] ID:20 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 8, rolls 5 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 11 : no fire..

Weapons fire for Griffin GRF-3MO ID:186 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     ER PPC at Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:14 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 9, rolls 3 : misses

ER Medium Laser at Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:14 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 9, rolls 9 : - Glancing Blow -hits RL
        Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:14 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 3 damage to RL.
            22 Armor remaining.

ER Medium Laser at Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:14 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 9, rolls 11 : hits LT
        Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:14 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 7 damage to LT.
        Needs 7+ to destroy Searchlight, rolls 8.
        Searchlight destroyed!
            10 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for Awesome AWS-8Q ID:22 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     Small Laser at Thor (Summoner) Prime ID:7 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 10, rolls 10 : - Glancing Blow -hits CT
        Thor (Summoner) Prime ID:7 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 1 damage to CT.
            14 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for Marauder MAD-3R ID:24 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     Medium Laser at Elemental Battle Armor [Laser] ID:17 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 9, rolls 5 : misses

PPC at Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) A ID:12 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 12, rolls 5 : misses

Weapons fire for Archer ARC-2R ID:26 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     LRM 20 at Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:5 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 5, rolls 9 : - Direct Blow - 20 missile(s) hit (w/ +2 bonus).

Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:5 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 5 damage to LL.
            1 Armor remaining.

Armor destroyed.
             9 Internal Structure remaining.
            Critical hit on LL. Roll is (5+1) = 6; no effect.

Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:5 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 5 damage to RT.
            10 Armor remaining.

Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:5 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 5 damage to RT.
            5 Armor remaining.

LRM 20 at Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:5 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 5, rolls 6 : 12 missile(s) hit.

Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:5 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 5 damage to RL.
            17 Armor remaining.

4 Internal Structure remaining.
            Critical hit on LL. Roll is 8; 1 location.
            CRITICAL HIT on Foot.

Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:5 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 2 damage to RL.
            15 Armor remaining.

Medium Laser at Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:5 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 9, rolls 7 : misses

Weapons fire for Thunderbolt TDR-5S ID:27 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     Large Laser at Vulture (Mad Dog) Prime ID:13 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 7, rolls 4 : misses

LRM 15 at Vulture (Mad Dog) Prime ID:13 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 7, rolls 7 : - Glancing Blow -5 missile(s) hit (w/ -4 malus).

Vulture (Mad Dog) Prime ID:13 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 5 damage to CT.
            12 Armor remaining.

Medium Laser at Vulture (Mad Dog) Prime ID:13 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 9, rolls 10 : hits CT
        Vulture (Mad Dog) Prime ID:13 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 5 damage to CT.
            7 Armor remaining.

SRM 2 at Vulture (Mad Dog) Prime ID:13 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 9, rolls 7 : misses

Weapons fire for Crusader CRD-3R ID:28 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     LRM 15 at Daishi (Dire Wolf) Prime ID:1 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 10, rolls 9 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 7 : no fire..

Weapons fire for Wolverine WVR-6R ID:29 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     Medium Laser at Vulture (Mad Dog) Prime ID:13 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 7, rolls 12 : - Direct Blow - hits (using Left Side table) LT
        Vulture (Mad Dog) Prime ID:13 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 6 damage to LT.
            5 Armor remaining.

AC/5 at Vulture (Mad Dog) Prime ID:13 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 10, rolls 3 : misses

SRM 6 at Vulture (Mad Dog) Prime ID:13 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 7, rolls 7 : - Glancing Blow -2 missile(s) hit (using Left Side table) (w/ -4 malus).

Vulture (Mad Dog) Prime ID:13 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 2 damage to CT.
            5 Armor remaining.

Vulture (Mad Dog) Prime ID:13 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 2 damage to LA.
            10 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for Shadow Hawk SHD-2H ID:30 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     AC/5 at Vulture (Mad Dog) Prime ID:13 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 9, rolls 6 : misses

LRM 5 at Vulture (Mad Dog) Prime ID:13 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 9, rolls 11 : 2 missile(s) hit.

Vulture (Mad Dog) Prime ID:13 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 2 damage to RA.
             7 Internal Structure remaining.
            Critical hit on RA. Roll is 9; 1 location.
            CRITICAL HIT on Upper Arm.

Weapons fire for Wolf Trap (Tora) WFT-1 ID:31 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     Medium Laser at Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) A ID:12 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 9, rolls 4 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 2 : possible fire.
        Needs 9 [7 (Medium Laser) + 2 (accidental)] to ignite, rolls 7

Medium Laser at Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) A ID:12 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 9, rolls 3 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 5 : no fire..

LB 10-X AC (Cluster ammo) at Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) A ID:12 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 8, rolls 4 : misses

Weapons fire for Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 ID:32 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     Machine Gun at Thor (Summoner) Prime ID:7 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 12, rolls 6 : misses
        Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 4 : no fire..

Machine Gun at Thor (Summoner) Prime ID:7 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 12, rolls 7 : misses

Weapons fire for Loki (Hellbringer) Prime ID:4 (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
     ER PPC at Wolf Trap (Tora) WFT-1 ID:31 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 6, rolls 5 : misses

ER Medium Laser at Wolf Trap (Tora) WFT-1 ID:31 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 8 : - Glancing Blow -hits (using Right Side table) RT
        Wolf Trap (Tora) WFT-1 ID:31 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 3 damage to RT.
        Needs 7+ to destroy Searchlight, rolls 7.
        Searchlight destroyed!
            7 Armor remaining.

ER Medium Laser at Wolf Trap (Tora) WFT-1 ID:31 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 6 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 10 : no fire..

Streak SRM 6 at Wolf Trap (Tora) WFT-1 ID:31 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 6 : fails to achieve lock.

Weapons fire for Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:5 (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
     ER Large Laser at Crusader CRD-3R ID:28 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 10, rolls 10 : - Glancing Blow -hits CT
        Crusader CRD-3R ID:28 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to CT.
        Needs 7+ to destroy Searchlight, rolls 7.
        Searchlight destroyed!
            28 Armor remaining.

ER Medium Laser at Crusader CRD-3R ID:28 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 10, rolls 5 : misses

Weapons fire for Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) A ID:12 (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
     ER PPC at Marauder MAD-3R ID:24 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 8 : misses

Medium Pulse Laser at Marauder MAD-3R ID:24 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 7 : misses

Medium Pulse Laser at Marauder MAD-3R ID:24 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 9 : - Glancing Blow due to Narrow/Low Profile - hits CT
        Marauder MAD-3R ID:24 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 3 damage to CT.
            21 Armor remaining.

Medium Pulse Laser at Marauder MAD-3R ID:24 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 5 : misses

Streak SRM 6 at Marauder MAD-3R ID:24 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 10, rolls 8 : fails to achieve lock.

Weapons fire for Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) Prime ID:3 (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
     ER Large Laser at Wolverine WVR-6R ID:29 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 11, rolls 4 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 2 : possible fire.
        Needs 9 [7 (ER Large Laser) + 2 (accidental)] to ignite, rolls 2

ER Large Laser at Wolverine WVR-6R ID:29 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 11, rolls 8 : misses

ER Medium Laser at Wolverine WVR-6R ID:29 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 11, rolls 10 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 4 : no fire..

ER Medium Laser at Wolverine WVR-6R ID:29 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 11, rolls 9 : misses

Weapons fire for Thor (Summoner) Prime ID:7 (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
     ER PPC at Thug THG-11EO ID:69 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 11, rolls 9 : misses

Weapons fire for Loki (Hellbringer) Prime ID:9 (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
     ER PPC at Hatamoto-Hi HTM-27U ID:103 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 6 : misses

Weapons fire for Elemental Battle Armor [Laser] ID:17 (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
     Small Laser at Marauder MAD-3R ID:24 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 4, rolls 6 : 3 troopers hit
        Marauder MAD-3R ID:24 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 3 damage to CT.
            18 Armor remaining.

Marauder MAD-3R ID:24 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 3 damage to LL.
            4 Armor remaining.

Marauder MAD-3R ID:24 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 3 damage to LT.
            4 Armor remaining.

Auto-Rifle (Modern, Generic) at Marauder MAD-3R ID:24 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 4, rolls 7 : - Direct Blow - 4 troopers hit, causing 2 damage.
        Marauder MAD-3R ID:24 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to LL.
            2 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for Elemental Battle Armor [Laser] ID:19 (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
     Small Laser at Griffin GRF-3MO ID:186 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 11, rolls 9 : misses

Auto-Rifle (Modern, Generic) at Griffin GRF-3MO ID:186 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 11, rolls 11 : - Glancing Blow -1 troopers hit, causing 1 damage.
        Griffin GRF-3MO ID:186 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 1 damage to LL.
            19 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for Ryoken (Stormcrow) C ID:15 (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
     LB 10-X AC (Cluster ammo) at Thunderbolt TDR-5S ID:27 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 8 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 12 : no fire..

Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:5 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) must make 2 piloting skill roll(s) (leg/foot actuator hit; 40+ damage).
The base target is 4 [4 (Base piloting skill)].
    Roll #1, (4 (Base piloting skill) + 1 (leg/foot actuator hit) + 2 (40+ damage)); needs 7, rolls 5 : falls.
     Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:5 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) falls on its left side, suffering 6 damage.
        Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:5 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 5 damage to RL.
            10 Armor remaining.
        Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:5 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 1 damage to LA.
            0 Armor remaining.

Pilot of Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:5 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) "José Morín" must roll 7 to avoid damage; rolls 6 : fails.
        Pilot of Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:5 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) "José Morín" takes 1 damage (1 total hits).
        Pilot of Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:5 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) "José Morín" needs a 3 to stay conscious. Rolls 7 : successful!

Physical Attack Phase
-------------------

Physical attacks for Thug THG-11EO ID:69 (1st Octopus Overlords)
    Kick (Left leg) at Elemental Battle Armor [Laser] ID:20 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 8, rolls 9 : hits (using Left Side table) Trooper 4
        Elemental Battle Armor [Laser] ID:20 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 16 damage to Trooper 4.
            Armor destroyed.
             TROOPER KILLED,

Physical attacks for Awesome AWS-8Q ID:22 (1st Octopus Overlords)
    Kick (Left leg) at Thor (Summoner) Prime ID:7 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 9, rolls 11 : hits (using Kick table) RL
        Thor (Summoner) Prime ID:7 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 16 damage to RL.
            Armor destroyed.
             5 Internal Structure remaining.
            Critical hit on RL. Roll is 4; no effect.

Physical attacks for Marauder MAD-3R ID:24 (1st Octopus Overlords)
    Kick (Left leg) at Elemental Battle Armor [Laser] ID:17 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 6, rolls 9 : - Direct Blow - hits Trooper 2 (critical)
        CRITICAL HIT on Trooper 2 (critical).
        Elemental Battle Armor [Laser] ID:17 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 16 damage to Trooper 2 (critical).
            Armor destroyed.
             TROOPER KILLED,

Physical attacks for Wolf Trap (Tora) WFT-1 ID:31 (1st Octopus Overlords)
    Kick (Left leg) at Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) A ID:12 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 6, rolls 6 : - Glancing Blow -hits (using Rear Kick table) LL
        Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) A ID:12 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 4 damage to LL.
            28 Armor remaining.

Physical attacks for Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 ID:32 (1st Octopus Overlords)
    Kick (Left leg) at Thor (Summoner) Prime ID:7 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 9, rolls 5 : misses.

Physical attacks for Thor (Summoner) Prime ID:7 (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
    Kick (Left leg) at Awesome AWS-8Q ID:22 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 6, rolls 6 : - Glancing Blow -hits (using Kick table) RL
        Awesome AWS-8Q ID:22 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 7 damage to RL.
            10 Armor remaining.

Physical attacks for Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) A ID:12 (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
    Punch (Right Arm) at Wolf Trap (Tora) WFT-1 ID:31 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 11, rolls 9 : misses.

Awesome AWS-8Q ID:22 (1st Octopus Overlords) must make 1 piloting skill roll(s) (was kicked).
    Roll #1, (4 (Base piloting skill) + 0 (was kicked)); needs 4, rolls 9 : succeeds.

Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 ID:32 (1st Octopus Overlords) must make 1 piloting skill roll(s) (missed a kick).
    Roll #1, (4 (Base piloting skill) + 0 (missed a kick)); needs 4, rolls 9 : succeeds.

Thor (Summoner) Prime ID:7 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) must make 1 piloting skill roll(s) (was kicked).
    Roll #1, (4 (Base piloting skill) + 0 (was kicked)); needs 4, rolls 9 : succeeds.

Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) A ID:12 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) must make 1 piloting skill roll(s) (was kicked).

Heat Phase
-------------------
Crusader CRD-3LD ID:49 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 16 heat, sinks 19 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Thug THG-11EO ID:69 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 24 heat, sinks 24 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Thunderbolt TDR-5SE ID:73 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 15 heat, sinks 17 heat and is now at 4 heat.
Marauder MAD-5SO ID:75 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 32 heat, sinks 30 heat and is now at 2 heat.
Mackie MSK-8BG ID:78 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 15 heat, sinks 20 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Black Knight BL-6b-KNTC ID:101 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 41 heat, sinks 34 heat and is now at 7 heat.
Hatamoto-Hi HTM-27U ID:103 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 11 heat, sinks 16 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Trebuchet TBT-3C ID:110 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 7 heat, sinks 7 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Griffin GRF-3MO ID:186 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 30 heat, sinks 28 heat and is now at 2 heat.
Awesome AWS-8Q ID:22 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 3 heat, sinks 3 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Orion ON1-K ID:23 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 7 heat, sinks 10 heat and is now at 1 heat.
Marauder MAD-3R ID:24 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 15 heat, sinks 16 heat and is now at 2 heat.
Archer ARC-2R ID:26 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 15 heat, sinks 10 heat and is now at 5 heat.
Thunderbolt TDR-5S ID:27 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 19 heat, sinks 15 heat and is now at 4 heat.
Crusader CRD-3R ID:28 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 6 heat, sinks 10 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Wolverine WVR-6R ID:29 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 13 heat, sinks 12 heat and is now at 3 heat.
Shadow Hawk SHD-2H ID:30 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 6 heat, sinks 6 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Wolf Trap (Tora) WFT-1 ID:31 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 10 heat, sinks 10 heat and is now at 4 heat.
Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 ID:32 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 6 heat, sinks 10 heat and is now at 0 heat.
LoaderMech SRM6-FLU ID:34 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 0 heat, sinks 0 heat and is now at 0 heat.
LoaderMech SRM6-FLU ID:37 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 0 heat, sinks 0 heat and is now at 0 heat.
LoaderMech LL-FLU ID:39 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 0 heat, sinks 0 heat and is now at 0 heat.
LoaderMech SRM6-FLU ID:42 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 0 heat, sinks 0 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Daishi (Dire Wolf) Prime ID:1 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) gains 42 heat, sinks 44 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Vulture (Mad Dog) Prime ID:2 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) gains 2 heat, sinks 2 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) Prime ID:3 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) gains 36 heat, sinks 34 heat and is now at 2 heat.
Loki (Hellbringer) Prime ID:4 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) gains 26 heat, sinks 26 heat and is now at 1 heat.
Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:5 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) gains 19 heat, sinks 19 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Thor (Summoner) Prime ID:7 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) gains 25 heat, sinks 28 heat and is now at 1 heat.
Nobori-nin (Huntsman) B ID:8 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) gains 9 heat, sinks 9 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Loki (Hellbringer) Prime ID:9 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) gains 22 heat, sinks 24 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Subtracting 4 heat due to combat computer...
Black Hawk (Nova) Prime ID:10 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) gains 31 heat, sinks 31 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) B ID:11 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) gains 2 heat, sinks 2 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) A ID:12 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) gains 29 heat, sinks 37 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Vulture (Mad Dog) Prime ID:13 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) gains 26 heat, sinks 24 heat and is now at 3 heat.
Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:14 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) gains 19 heat, sinks 19 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Ryoken (Stormcrow) C ID:15 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) gains 4 heat, sinks 6 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Target modifiers:
Daishi, Vulture 1216, Ryoken 3806: +0
Thor, Mad Cat 2002: +4
Vulture 1618, Mad Cat 2227: +2
Mad Cat 2403: +2, +3 if attack passes through 2404
Nobori-Nin, Black Hawk: +1
Loki 1533, Ryoken 2134, Loki 1806, Ryoken 1112: +3
All Elementals: +4 (including for being battle armor)

Status update:
Siljanus: Mechwarrior KOd
Black Lives Matter
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

TotallyNotEvil wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:28 pm Aw shit, I'm so sorry Nick, I got completely absorbed in other stuff, and in-between commenting on the moves and said other stuff, actually forgot to make mine.
Don't worry about it. On the plus side, you got a couple good shots in.
Black Lives Matter
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

TheMix gets the Crusader's incessant heat alarm beeping under control
Huh? I thought I was only at 3. I guess I should have instead asked "is that a lot"? I didn't think that was much of a big deal. Like "light on the control panel" level at most.

Black Lives Matter

TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Or is this just flavor text and I shouldn't get all paranoid that I'm screwing something up?

Black Lives Matter

TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Me:
needs 10, rolls 6 : misses
needs 10, rolls 5 : misses

Them:
needs 8, rolls 9 : hits LL
needs 8, rolls 8 : - Glancing Blow -hits RT

:cry:

Black Lives Matter

TheMix

Post by TheMix »

So $iljanus is out. And soon to be permanently.
And I'm one hit away from being out.

Now's the time for anyone's secret foolproof plan to win!

Black Lives Matter

TotallyNotEvil

Post by TotallyNotEvil »

NickAragua wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:37 pm
TotallyNotEvil wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:28 pm Aw shit, I'm so sorry Nick, I got completely absorbed in other stuff, and in-between commenting on the moves and said other stuff, actually forgot to make mine.
Don't worry about it. On the plus side, you got a couple good shots in.
So maybe the Griffin isn't cursed, but I am? :think:
WestorEast

Post by WestorEast »

TheMix wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:20 pm So $iljanus is out. And soon to be permanently.

Got it. Time to defect.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

WestorEast wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:28 pm
TheMix wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:20 pm So $iljanus is out. And soon to be permanently.

Got it. Time to defect.
:lol:

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Put me on the top of the hill at 2423 and engage the best target of opportunity.
TotallyNotEvil

Post by TotallyNotEvil »

Nick, if we destroy the toads at 2924, does that stop them from fucking up Siljanus? Does he get a test to wake up or something?

Them headshotting our 100 tonner is just our luck.

Also, I believe 2829 is medium range for everything on the Griffin vs the Ryoken, isn't it? And in the juicy rear arc, too.

With the archer, may I get up, go over the hill, kick the Thor and still LRM the 3806 Ryoken?
Last edited by TotallyNotEvil on Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

TheMix wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:29 pm
WestorEast wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:28 pm

Got it. Time to defect.
:lol:
What color is clan Smoke Jaguar? My backup plan with the clans was always to just repaint my mech real quick and then stop using contractions.
Black Lives Matter.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Really, all I wanted was just a little me time and let off some steam. Now I’m knocked out and some creepy looking armored guys are knocking on the side of my mech. Ain’t that a kick in the head… :pop:
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

But like seriously, retreat's not an option, right? Do we have any other viable options to eventual destruction beyond praying for good dice?
Black Lives Matter.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

El Guapo wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:35 pm But like seriously, retreat's not an option, right? Do we have any other viable options to eventual destruction beyond praying for good dice?
If I weren’t currently napping in my smoking cockpit I’d get rid of that Thor overlooking the pass in hex 3614 and retreat behind the hills. Cool the mechs down, hunker up behind some good terrain and ambush the bastards as they come through. A couple of them are banged up too so go down fighting! (Unless retreat really is an option…) Oooh, those Elementals are knocking again. Maybe I’ll prepare some tea and biscuits since I’ll be having guests.
Black lives matter!

Leraje

Post by Leraje »

BL-KNT >> 3924, face N, fire ErLL x2 @ Stormcrow 3806
ON1-K >> chase Stormcrow 3806, plot the best course through the woods, preferably ending turn in them for cover.

P.S. WTB better dice rolls.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

@TotallyNotEvil: Siljanus actually has two turns before the elementals start swarming the Mackie - they need to end a turn in the same hex, so you've got this round and the next to clear them off. You'll get a wake-up check end of next turn, which should be a 3+ or similar unless you take another headshot.

@TheMix: You're fine for heat - you've got double heat sinks and only fired LRMs. But the mech is upset about the engine damage. :D

Status wise, the clanners on your side of the field aren't doing too hot. The Mad Cat has two limbs in the red for armor; the Nobori-Nin has two armor breaches (leg and side torso) plus another torso in the red, not to mention a busted hip actuator which means a PSR every time it runs or jumps. Black Hawk has an arm in the red, which might not seem important but each arm has half of its firepower. Ryoken is green and yellow, but took a head shot. The Thor is technically not on your side any more, but has two red limbs, two armor breaches and has taken a head shot as well.

North-side, the damaged Vulture has a breach on one of its arms and a damaged arm actuator, reducing its accuracy. The eastern Ryoken has three armor breaches and a busted foot actuator (and also failed to get up three times), so it's almost done. The rest of them have some armor damage but nothing serious. The remaining Kurita guys are in decent shape, other than the Marauder which is missing about half its firepower.

The elementals are all out of SRMs, so the worst of their damage potential is gone.
Black Lives Matter
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Crusader "THEMIX" >> jump to 2510 and turn towards the west; fire LRMs (if worth it) at Loki 1806, fire MLs and SRMs (if worth it) at elementals 2109 [please adjust as required]
Kurita Crusader >> move to 2702, turn to the west; fire at Mat Cat 2403 [please adjust as required]

I think it also may be worth it to give denote commands to the decoys at 2008 and 2110, if possible. Hopefully the Thunderbolt will move.

Black Lives Matter

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

There's no way for the elementals to hijack Siljanus's mech and use it against us in this battle, is there?
Black Lives Matter.