Artificial Intelligence [ChatGPT rn]

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Kurth

Re: Artificial Intelligence [ChatGPT rn]

Post by Kurth »

LordMortis wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:49 am
LawBeefaroni wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:07 am He tried to get them to merge it with Tesla or, in his words, "attach to Tesla as its cash cow".
And he wanted to be CEO as a result, all the while poaching talent.
Elon is a dick. Plain and simple. No other way to rationalize his progressively more dickish behavior.
Just 'cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there -- Radiohead
Do you believe me? Do you trust me? Do you like me? 😳
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Up until now I have been regarding ChatGPT as a cute parlor trick, just thoughtlessly parroting internet content. This guy makes a good case that we will have AGI (Artificial General Intelligence) within 7 months. Hopefully I will still be around to see if he was correct.

Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

If it makes you feel any better, ChatGPT is still a cute parlor trick. :)
And in banks across the world
Christians, Moslems, Hindus, Jews
And every other race, creed, colour, tint or hue
Get down on their knees and pray
The raccoon and the groundhog neatly
Make up bags of change
But the monkey in the corner
Well he's slowly drifting out of range
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

I have been reading about AI converting text to video so I decided to give it a shot by uploading the first chapter of my book. The raw video with no editing is like a stream of consciousness and predictably hilarious:

Surprisingly the music (which I did not choose) actually fit the mood quite well.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

The field IS progressing rapidly. This year's GTC (held last week) was all about generative AI and its many variants. Even in its current state, AI is poised to send productivity skyrocketing as people in creative fields learn how to automate the drudgery. Businesses of all sorts are scrambling to implement custom-trained language models. 'Course, those who make a living doing drudge work are going to be left behind.

I don't have 30 minutes to watch the linked video right now, but 7 months is extremely optimistic for AGI. Conventional wisdom says 3 years, give or take.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

My thought is this:

Automating away drudge work should be used to allow workers to devote their energies to higher value-add activities. In the long term, it might place a drag on new job creation, but in my ideal scenario, increases in automation should not result in job losses. Of course, I have come to the conclusion that I am not a capitalist.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Jaymann wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:17 pm I have been reading about AI converting text to video so I decided to give it a shot by uploading the first chapter of my book. The raw video with no editing is like a stream of consciousness and predictably hilarious:

Surprisingly the music (which I did not choose) actually fit the mood quite well.
Questions
1. How much did that cost to make?
2. How long did it take?
3. Is this fully AI rendered or is it just a bunch of preexisting clips? I didn't watch the whole thing but didn't see any odd fingers in what I saw.
4. Can you provide a link to what tool you used? I can barely see the watermark.
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Punisher wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:33 am
Jaymann wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:17 pm I have been reading about AI converting text to video so I decided to give it a shot by uploading the first chapter of my book. The raw video with no editing is like a stream of consciousness and predictably hilarious:

Questions
1. How much did that cost to make? $0. I signed up for a free 14 day trial (no credit card given) at pictory.ai.
2. How long did it take? About 20 minutes.
3. Is this fully AI rendered or is it just a bunch of preexisting clips? I didn't watch the whole thing but didn't see any odd fingers in what I saw. It appears the AI just compiled preexisting clips. I think you can add your own clips but I didn't try.
4. Can you provide a link to what tool you used? I can barely see the watermark.https://app.pictory.ai/login
Most of my time was spent trying to find a site that would do what I wanted. It was a lot of text so took a few minutes to compile. You can look at a preview then download the "movie." I uploaded it to my YouTube page so I could post it here. That is where I added the thumbnail.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

I edited the video with clips that better match the text and an AI voice over. I had to pay for one month of premium to get the voice over to work. Other than a funky emphasis on some words it worked out very well. I recognized one of the voice choices that sounds kind of like Mike Wallace from other YT videos that I hate. Because the video keys off of the voice over it moves along at a brisk pace - from 10 minutes down to 6.

Now on to work on Chapter 2.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

And here is Chapter 2. While I'm getting the hang of this, I am finding the available video clips are pretty limited. A few of them are wildly accurate, but mostly I have to settle for an approximation.

Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

This is some chilling information (though some is to be taken with a lump of salt). If AI can crack encryption we are truly farked.

Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Here is an excellent counterpoint to the AI debate. It shows (real) intelligence and is also hilarious. Well worth the investment of an hour.

Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

That lady is my spirit animal.
And in banks across the world
Christians, Moslems, Hindus, Jews
And every other race, creed, colour, tint or hue
Get down on their knees and pray
The raccoon and the groundhog neatly
Make up bags of change
But the monkey in the corner
Well he's slowly drifting out of range
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Watching as I get a moment. The TB anecdote was awesome.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

World's first beauty pageant for AI women
The Fanvue Miss AI pageant will see AI-generated ladies go head-to-head in front of a panel of judges, including two AI influencers.

These synthetic competitors will be judged on beauty, social media clout and their creator's use of AI tools.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow