2024 - the MAGA Presidency and Revenge Tour

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

malchior

Re: 2024 - the MAGA Presidency and Revenge Tour

Post by malchior »

DeSantis appears to be floating a test balloon as leader of an anti-Trump "resistance" in the Republican Party now that his take over failed so spectacularly. What a douche.

Washinton Post

I inserted a little emphasis towards the end of quote because the DeSantis Iowa-based turnout theory fell apart with contact with the next election. We're not seeing a lack of enthusiasm in this turnout. We'll see what the next few bring.
Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis said Tuesday that Donald Trump’s commanding victory in Iowa should be “a huge warning sign” for Republicans, comments critical of the former president’s influence on the party that come just days after DeSantis dropped out of the race and endorsed Trump.

Speaking on the “Steve Deace Show,” DeSantis warned that the low turnout for the Iowa caucuses was reflective of conservatives who are expressing their discontent with Trump by staying away from the polls. He said his team found Iowa Republicans who caucused in 2016 but who were refusing to do so again in 2024

As evidence, DeSantis cited the turnout at the caucuses. “To have 110,000 people show up, when in 2016 you had 186,000 show up — when Iowa has more Republicans this year than they did in 2016 — that shows you there’s a lot of our voters who have checked out,” he said, without addressing the record-low temperatures on that day.

In a result tallied after DeSantis’s comments, Trump won the New Hampshire primary Tuesday with a decisive victory over former U.N. ambassador Nikki Haley, with voter turnout projected to be at a record high.

A day later, he appeared ready to veto a proposal that could help pay Trump’s mounting legal fees. The bill proposing financial support for Florida residents who run for president was put forth by Jimmy Patronis, Florida’s chief financial officer and a member of DeSantis’s gubernatorial Cabinet.

DeSantis sounded a note of caution in his comments Tuesday: “When I have people come up to me who voted for Reagan and … have been conservative their whole life, [who] say that they don’t want to vote for Trump again, that’s a problem. So he’s got to figure out a way to solve that. I think there’s an enthusiasm problem overall.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

malchior wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:28 pm DeSantis appears to be floating a test balloon as leader of an anti-Trump "resistance" in the Republican Party
A worthy cause. Too bad he's a zero negative charisma turd.
malchior

Post by malchior »

It's funny to think he apparently believes he will muscle out the clear holder of the title - Haley. He's not just a turd, he's so power hungry that he doesn't realize how transparently clueless he appears about his political future. I mean does he still think 2028 is still on the table? He's beyond parody.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Too bad he's not actually an anti-Trump. He's an Uber-Trump.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Hyena

Post by Hyena »

Blackhawk wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:12 pm Too bad he's not actually an anti-Trump. He's an Uber-Trump.
He's a Walmart Trump starter kit, at best.
"You laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at you because you're all the same." ~Jonathan Davis

"The object of education is to prepare the young to educate themselves throughout their lives." ~Robert M. Hutchins
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I still believe that, while some of Trump's damage was caused by his incompetence, an actual politician inspired by Trump would be much more dangerous.

The only mitigating factor here is a smaller cult.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

I'm not an expert, but it seems like endorsing Trump would disqualify you from any anti-Trump resistance.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Apparently this dropped last night? I'm looking for a transcript.

Trump is declaring war on America right now.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

My first thought is that we need to see his hands so we can look for six fingers.

My second thought is that my desire to see him choke to death on KFC isn't really as awful as I feel like it should be.
He won. Period.
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

How bad must his natural skin be that his people are letting him go out in public looking like that?
That's my purse! I don't know you!
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I thought it was disturbing when he showed up in the Wonka movies in that stupid outfit with the white gloves, but this?

edit: oh, nice....someone did the heavy lifting for me.

Enlarge Image
He won. Period.
Dogstar

Post by Dogstar »

Smoove_B wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:35 am Apparently this dropped last night? I'm looking for a transcript.

Trump is declaring war on America right now.
Not alarming at all. Everything is fine here.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

It's the white spaces around his eyes I find even more disturbing. He couldn't be bothered to close his eyes for a few minutes so they could apply the Hasbro Kid's Tanning Set bronzer more evenly?
He won. Period.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Dogstar wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:09 am Not alarming at all. Everything is fine here.
Yeah, it's off-the-charts red-flag warning. He's at a new level - which is saying something given everything he's done and said since 2016.

And as scary as it is, I know there are people watching and hearing it that are cheering him on. I said it before, but I'll repeat - our nation is sick. Literally and figuratively. The idea that this man is the leading Presidential candidate for a major political party in the United States is surreal.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

It's professional wrestling for many of them. As long as Trump throws chairs and threatens to beat up the Iron Sheik on their favorite channels, they'll keep buying tickets for his shows.
He won. Period.
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

hepcat wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:18 am It's professional wrestling for many of them. As long as Trump throws chairs and threatens to beat up the Iron Sheik on their favorite channels, they'll keep buying tickets for his shows.
This is a great observation. I think it's spot on and nails the tribalism that's going on. Our national politics is now just the newest flavor of reality TV.
Just 'cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there -- Radiohead
Do you believe me? Do you trust me? Do you like me? 😳
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Yeah, we've had the discussion before and I keep forgetting (I think) because it's so ridiculous. Ridiculous but accurate.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

If only the deep state would neutralize the threat.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Alefroth wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:32 pm If only the deep state would neutralize the threat.
Yeah, it's a REALLY unimpressive, not very powerful boogeyman if you think about it. Very tolerant of opposition like the MAGA warriors. Any deep state worth their salt would have slapped those assholes in prison by now, or shipped them off to Gitmo, or sent them to The Wall.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Biden and Haley's attacks on Trump's intelligence is really getting under fatty's skin. Enough so that he's now bringing up his dementia test at every rally...sometimes spending a great deal of those rallies proclaiming he's super smart.

My favorite is that he's now just making up shit that's on the test.
Trump has repeatedly insisted that the test is very hard, and earlier this month claimed it contains advanced math such as “multiply 3,293 times 4, divide by 3.”

It does not, as can be seen on a sample test here.
And it's always fun to see a doctor weigh in....

If you think a dementia screening test is very difficult, you may have early dementia.
He won. Period.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

His behavior (loudly and often saying how hard it is, exaggerating its difficulty) makes me think he failed the test.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

It's more likely that he passed a test that anyone WITHOUT early onset dementia would pass and he's crowing about it. It's like me suddenly holding a rally to celebrate the fact that I can pronounce "cat".
He won. Period.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

I think you meant to say "cat"
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

You say "cat" I say "cat".
He won. Period.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

tomato, tomato

:D
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I think you meant to write "tomato".

<and that, ladies and gentlemen, is how an ongoing joke begins. Unagi and I will be riding this one out for a while on OO, so be prepared>
He won. Period.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

hepcat wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:07 pm I think you meant to write "tomato".

<and that, ladies and gentlemen, is how an ongoing joke begins. Unagi and I will be riding this one out for a while on OO, so be prepared>
unsubbed
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

hepcat wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:13 am It's more likely that he passed a test that anyone WITHOUT early onset dementia would pass and he's crowing about it. It's like me suddenly holding a rally to celebrate the fact that I can pronounce "cat".
A test that any without early onset dementia WOULDN'T take.
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

Not sure where this goes, but this thread seems as good a place as any to note that Trump is, again, ramping up his threats to sacrifice NATO members to Russia as retribution for what Trump perceives as their failure to pay their way.
Long before Donald J. Trump threatened over the weekend that he was willing to let Russia “do whatever the hell they want” against NATO allies that do not contribute sufficiently to collective defense, European leaders were quietly discussing how they might prepare for a world in which America removes itself as the centerpiece of the 75-year-old alliance . . . the larger implication of his statement is that he might invite President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia to pick off a NATO nation, as a warning and a lesson to the 30 or so others about heeding Mr. Trump’s demands.
This is so unreal to me. My entire life, defense of NATO has been one of the cornerstones or U.S. foreign policy. It's always been a bedrock principle that the collective defense and consequent deterrence provided by NATO has led to an unprecedented period of peace and security for the developed world - nearly 75 years.

And now we have Trump, again, casting that aside. Really looking forward to the 4th Reich:
In Berlin, Norbert Röttgen, a member of the German Parliament’s foreign affairs committee, wrote on the social media platform X, “Everyone should watch this video of #Trump to understand that Europe may soon have no choice but to defend itself.” He added, “Anything else would be capitulation and giving up on ourselves.”

Germany’s defense minister, Boris Pistorius, has begun talking about how Germany must prepare for the possibility of decades of confrontation with Russia. The departing secretary general of NATO, Jens Stoltenberg, said last week that the alliance had to prepare for a “decades-long confrontation” with Russia.
Pushing the Germans to militarize seems like a really solid idea. What could go wrong? :roll:
Just 'cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there -- Radiohead
Do you believe me? Do you trust me? Do you like me? 😳
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Yeah, you'd think the media would be covering this a bit more urgently considering it would likely kick off WW3, but it is Superbowl Sunday - priorities.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Smoove_B wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:00 pm Yeah, you'd think the media would be covering this a bit more urgently considering it would likely kick off WW3, but it is Superbowl Sunday - priorities.
You will hear the word "Taylor" 792 times today and the word "NATO" zero.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Dogstar

2024 - the MAGA Presidency and Revenge Tour

Post by Dogstar »

It takes an idiot who just can’t stop touching a hot stove to reinvigorate what had been mostly a media narrative and a liberal dream of him picking a fight with Taylor Swift right before the superbowl.

P.S. not trying to distract from the horror of Trump inviting Russia to attack NATO members who haven’t “paid up.” It might have even been a good move on his part to get people to not talk about NATO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MIDWAY upon the journey of our life, I found myself within a dark forest, For the straightforward pathway had been lost. - Dante Alighieri
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

"signed and was responsible for"
What does that mean? All he did was not veto the bill. He wasn't responsible for it.

Here's about 100% of the work he put in on this bill: sat his dumb ass down for a photo op with Kid "Confederate Flag" Rock before having lunch with Kanye "Antisemite" West.
Enlarge Image

Non-stop bullshit from this guy.
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
waitingtoconnect

Post by waitingtoconnect »

Dogstar wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:04 pm Image

It takes an idiot who just can’t stop touching a hot stove to reinvigorate what had been mostly a media narrative and a liberal dream of him picking a fight with Taylor Swift right before the superbowl.

P.S. not trying to distract from the horror of Trump inviting Russia to attack NATO members who haven’t “paid up.” It might have even been a good move on his part to get people to not talk about NATO.

For most of his supporters it seems it doesn’t actually matter. We’ve got a degenerate madman running for president and half the country wants him back.

He’s bullying her simply. Obey me and endorse me else I will legislate against you - certainly within this congress because I am the actual president (in my mind) and i run the house.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

waitingtoconnect wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:15 pm
Dogstar wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:04 pm Image

For most of his supporters it seems it doesn’t actually matter. We’ve got a degenerate madman running for president and half the country wants him back.

He’s bullying her simply. Obey me and endorse me else I will legislate against you - certainly within this congress because I am the actual president (in my mind) and i run the house.
Actually, as Trump goes, this is him extending an olive branch. This isn't an attack, it's a plea.

MYT
waitingtoconnect

Only so much of a plea as Henry Viii to sir Thomas more in a man for all seasons.

But also a threat.

None of us would be here without Trump.
He birthed us, fed us & invented oxygen so we can breathe.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Trump Encourages Putin to Attack NATO Members
At a rally on Saturday, the former president announced he would tell the Russians “to do whatever the hell they want” to states delinquent in their bills.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
waitingtoconnect

Smoove_B wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:00 pm Yeah, you'd think the media would be covering this a bit more urgently considering it would likely kick off WW3, but it is Superbowl Sunday - priorities.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

A friend made an observation last night. Trump getting elected is probably the end of the republic but it will usher in several decades of empire. Crumbling empire mostly, but we'll probably be dead by the time it ultimately fails. I just have to figure out where my kids can live.

MYT
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:28 am A friend made an observation last night. Trump getting elected is probably the end of the republic but it will usher in several decades of empire. Crumbling empire mostly, but we'll probably be dead by the time it ultimately fails. I just have to figure out where my kids can live.
I dunno. Things happen in slow motion and then all at once. Also, that time as an empire, who gets sacrificed on the alter and how?