2024 - the MAGA Presidency and Revenge Tour

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

waitingtoconnect

Re: 2024 - the MAGA Presidency and Revenge Tour

Post by waitingtoconnect »

Grifman wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:04 am Dictator Trump - he’s not hiding anything now:

And right now he’s leading in the polls 49-43.

I know the democrats are useless but that they can’t win against this lunatic is just chilling.

And there is every possibility he’ll won the electoral college again even if he loses the popular vote.

And even if he loses the college the chance of a contingent election in the house have to be super high with this Supreme Court.

Hope Canada has enough room and maple syrup for all us refugees come November. If not they might want to get moving on a wall.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

waitingtoconnect wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:33 am Hope Canada has enough room and maple syrup for all us refugees come November. If not they might want to get moving on a wall.
We do, but you won't like where we put you.

On the other hand, the Canadian Right is watching the US and realizing their problem is that they haven't been radical enough. They are trying to change that.
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

waitingtoconnect wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:33 am
Grifman wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:04 am Dictator Trump - he’s not hiding anything now:

And right now he’s leading in the polls 49-43.

I know the democrats are useless but that they can’t win against this lunatic is just chilling.

And there is every possibility he’ll won the electoral college again even if he loses the popular vote.

And even if he loses the college the chance of a contingent election in the house have to be super high with this Supreme Court.

Hope Canada has enough room and maple syrup for all us refugees come November. If not they might want to get moving on a wall.
Well, if the news media is on point, much of the young Democrat base is too busy protesting to “Free Palestine” to care all that much about the impending doom at home. 😑
Just 'cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there -- Radiohead
Do you believe me? Do you trust me? Do you like me? 😳
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
Scraper

Post by Scraper »

Grifman wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:45 pm
He lays out a frightening vision of a second term. And it's not speculation, it comes from the things Trump actually says he will do. I honestly don't see how anyone can look at Trump and think he's the lessor of two evils.
FTE
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Some people don't want the lesser evil as long it's others who suffer.

“He’s not hurting the people he needs to be”: a Trump voter says the quiet part out loud (2019)
In essence, Minton is declaring that one aim of the Trump administration is to hurt people — the right people. Making America great again, in her mind, involves inflicting pain.

This is not an accident. Trump’s political victory and continuing appeal depend on a brand of politics that marginalizes and targets groups disliked by his supporters. Trump supporters don’t so much love the Republican party as they hate Democrats, a phenomenon political scientists call “negative partisanship.” They like Trump not because he sells them on the GOP, but because they believe he’ll stick it to the Democrats harder than anyone else.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

It's abundantly clear that many are now comfortable with the thought of a king or dictator as long as it's their king or dictator. I don't think we can use that as a warning any longer.
waitingtoconnect

What could go wrong?

And I thought the storyline for the prequel trilogy was ridiculous. Clearly people don’t need a well formed backstory and narrative n talk life anymore either.

It’s all reality tv politics now. The key is to be build a mentality where you are on the winning side, for now, to carry through as a survivor/player for the next episode. That it’s against your interest in the long term is irrelevant.

While trump presents a Kardashian styled or Apprentice styled Republican party reality tv show. They all seem to hate each other but each episode is expertly curated with chaos and problems that magically get solved last minute to extract and grift money from product placements.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

“If conservatives become convinced that they can not win democratically, they will not abandon conservatism. The will reject democracy.”

David Zfrum
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
waitingtoconnect

Grifman wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:36 pm “If conservatives become convinced that they can not win democratically, they will not abandon conservatism. The will reject democracy.”

David Zfrum
If all else fails the simpsons had the answer.

The joke is of course the fraud was unnecessary as everyone voted for sideshow Bob anyway.

Anyway after you vote for trump try to look surprised when he wins.