For general computer discussion & help, come here

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Kraken

Re: recommend me a keyboard?

Post by Kraken »

gilraen wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 11:01 am
Daehawk wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 11:29 pm Quick look online says ...........LINK

Logitech MX Keys S Wireless Keyboard....$109 @ Amazon
If you go with a Logitech, may as well get a solar-powered one. Those things are awesome - when we still had an office, half my coworkers were using them. Those things managed to stay charged even inside offices with no windows and very little discernible source of natural light. When the office closed, I pilfered one and still use it for work. Since I had to grab what was available, mine's actually a Mac version (I work on Windows, so there's an occasional problem mapping function keys, but for the most part it doesn't matter). But Logitech does have a Windows version.

Obviously that's not something you want if you are looking for a fancy backlit gaming keyboard, though.
That's kinda neat. Cheap, too.

How do people feel about Logitech keyboards in general? It seems like I've read some bad-mouthing here, but I might be remembering wrong.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

You've seen a lot of bad-mouthing Razer, but I've never had major issues with Logitech. The Logitechs I've used have lasted about the same time as any others.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Seems I need to decide if I want fancy (Kasey's Redragon) or simple (Gilraen's Logitech). Right now I'm leaning toward simple, and I like the solar power gimmick. I'll make up my mind after I get back from my grocery run. Still time to make more suggestions if anybody else has a favorite full-size, wireless, rechargeable keyboard.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Until this post, I wasn't even aware that rechargeable keyboards were a thing. I just use rechargeable batteries in my wireless keyboards. They only need changed once every few months, so it's not much of a hassle.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Having owned a rechargeable keyboard, I'll never go. back .to ......batteries. Except I bough.t th.e .solar Logitech, so .now .I won't even have .to recharge it! :D

Dell actually had the lowest price, bu.t it's .going to take a. week .to get here. Oh well, I'.m learning t.o like .p.eriods...............................

I bought it through .my company, so using pre-tax .dollars. feels just tha.t much better.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

I used to want blue only, I've switched to browns, and my most recent keyboard is red. I'm surprised that I really didn't feel much of a difference. LOL.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

Kraken wrote:How do people feel about Logitech keyboards in general? It seems like I've read some bad-mouthing here, but I might be remembering wrong.
I used a Logitech MX Master Keys for years. Started to get an occasional misfire on the “I” key after about 10000 hours, so replaced it with the MX Mechanical. An absurdly amazing keyboard. But pimpin’ ain’t cheap. :)
And in banks across the world
Christians, Moslems, Hindus, Jews
And every other race, creed, colour, tint or hue
Get down on their knees and pray
The raccoon and the groundhog neatly
Make up bags of change
But the monkey in the corner
Well he's slowly drifting out of range
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

I has a solar-powered keyboard. Neat!
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Grats! :horse:

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

really cheap price right now for a 60% mechanical (from Cooler Master, even) - $22.50 ??

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08Z8KM2CB