Diablo 4

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Daehawk

Re: Diablo 4

Post by Daehawk »

Ive salvaged so much Ive only had one item not fully upgrade when i was ready. Ive done entire outfits to max lvl just clicking and clicking upgrade lol.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

There will never be anything worth buying.

While leveling, I'd suggest upgrading your weapons and jewelry twice. Maybe three times if it's a Legendary that is a good match for your build. The rest isn't worth the price - you change them out too often.

Only apply aspects to your better weapons or your amulet unless it is absolutely vital for your build.

That all changes when you hit World Tier 3.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

So.
I'm liking my druid. I like the wolves even though they aren't doung much damage yet.
I also just gound out that the companions in the action slots aren't to summon them. They ate around all the time and those just activate special abilities.
I'm really liking lighting storm though but REALLY need to gind a way to genetate spirit fast. As it is, i have to use my default attack to generate it and its a psin.
Also having trouble remembering to actually activate my pets skills.
I'm thinkning about switching to a necro but hesitant to start all over.
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

The druid pets, sadly, just aren't very effective. Druid works best as a caster or melee. If you're really wanting pets to do the work, Necromancer is probably the way to go.
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

Blackhawk wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:05 pm The druid pets, sadly, just aren't very effective. Druid works best as a caster or melee. If you're really wanting pets to do the work, Necromancer is probably the way to go.
I tried pets and came back to the pulverizing, poison creeper werebear.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

I decided to switch to necro following one of the builds on that site BH posted.
I'm ip to L12 bit also further along then my Druid. I was offered a chance to skip the campaign but declined because I wamt to finish the story at least once.
I'm probably lower level because i decided to take everyones advice and skip most of the side missions. I'm only taking the ones like kill or collect X that are on my way to the next main mission anyway. I'm only moving off the path if I see a waypoint nearby. (I might decide to look up and print a waypoint map from online in case I'm missing a bunch in my travels.)
I'm liking necros play style a lot more. I do miss my puppies, but I'm able to get through things easier. I'm especially liking my range bone shooting ability so that i dont always have to get into melee range. I "might" deviate from the guide to max out that ability but not yet.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Punisher wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:21 am (I might decide to look up and print a waypoint map from online in case I'm missing a bunch in my travels.)
The map I use. If you click 'Hide All' on the left panel, you can then turn on the ones you want to look for - I'd recommend Towns, Waypoints, and Altars of Lilith (you don't need to go out of your way for them, but if they're along the way, grab them.) If you make an account, you can also right-click the things you've found to show them as complete.
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

Beating the Butcher to a pulp in regular T4 dungeons = easy. Beating that bastard in higher tier nightmare dungeons is eluding me.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Thanks for that. I didn't realize how much more i had to find. Ive barely unlocked anything...
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

What do those altars do? the text goes by so fast. I always click them though.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Daehawk wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 5:22 pm What do those altars do? the text goes by so fast. I always click them though.
Altars of Lilith? +2 to a stat, with a few that increase max Obols or provide a Paragon Point.

The big deal is that they're all permanent bonuses, and apply to all characters, present and future. When you have them all, it's +68 to every stat, +100 Obols, and 4 Paragon Points.

For seasonal, they're worth getting as you stroll by, but you're still better off chasing down every last one after you finish the campaign (again, to keep that XP from going to waste.)
Exodor

Post by Exodor »

Our family had great fun playing Diablo3 so for Christmas I bought 2 additional PS5 controllers and a copy of Diablo IV for PS5 so I could play with my wife and kid.

Imagine my surprise when we discovered that D4 only allows two players when playing couch co-op. Not sure why they downgraded from D3 but wish I had known that before I dropped ~$150 to play with my family. :x

It's on me for not checking before spending the money but usually sequels don't have fewer features than the previous games. :grund:
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Tje obvious answer is to buy another ps5..
:ninja:
Exodor

Post by Exodor »

Punisher wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 2:02 pm Tje obvious answer is to buy another ps5..
I have the game on PC but I don't think you can have two players on PS5 and a third player on PC - the kid would have to play on her laptop and then things are getting dumb and expensive.

We also don't have the subscription to play PS5 games online because my wife mostly just plays Fallout4. :oops:
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Exodor wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 6:09 pm
Punisher wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 2:02 pm Tje obvious answer is to buy another ps5..
I have the game on PC but I don't think you can have two players on PS5 and a third player on PC - the kid would have to play on her laptop and then things are getting dumb and expensive.
Crossplay between PS5, Xbox, and PC is a thing.
Exodor

Post by Exodor »

Blackhawk wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 6:16 pm
Exodor wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 6:09 pm
Crossplay between PS5, Xbox, and PC is a thing.
Yes but does it work with two players playing on the PS5? My limited research suggests it only works with a single player on the PS5 but it's all very vague.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I'm still playing D4 in coop once a week, but I think I'm going to call my S2 Seasonal run finished. I'm to the point where most of what's left is the grindy stuff ("Go do 30 nightmare dungeons for 1 attempt at a boss".) I may jump on and try to finish up a few side activities (I've only got two map areas that I haven't unlocked all five sets of Renown rewards, and those two are at 4/5), but I'm no longer considering it an 'in progress' game.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Quick thoughts: I disliked Act 1 of the campaign, mostly because I'm sick of the them (Catholicism inspired grimdark crusaders vs evil - it's been badly overdone), but the rest of the campaign was a lot more fun. I played a rogue, using a twisting blades build. It's probably the most fun I've had with a Diablo (any) character, mostly due to the way the combat was so active. I was very, very fragile, but could put out a ton of damage. The build is very reliant on mobility and constant movement. Stand still, and I'd be in trouble. That means that I couldn't just stand there and click, I had to manage the enemy groupings, my positioning, and my movement all the time. That kept it a lot more interesting than, say, a ball lightning sorcerer who just has to stand near things.

The endgame was an improvement of D3s. D3 just had bounties and rifts, which got old, quickly. This had a much wider variety of activities, which helped, as I didn't get bogged down having to do the same thing over and over. And, honestly, the 'live' aspect of the game actually helped it. There's something appealing about a game that has its own schedule, independent of yours.

The seasonal journey, despite my comment above, was a lot less grindy than in Diablo 3. It didn't get grindy until chapter 8 (out of 9), and didn't get really grindy until chapter 9. In fact, up until I was almost done with chapter 8, I didn't need to pay attention to the journey at all - just playing the game completed most of it. It could still use an other balance/polish pass or two, but it was pretty good already.

----------------------------------

So, with that, here's a short clip of my rogue. The basics of the build/gameplay: I stand next to a badguy. I stab him. I run away, leaving the knives in his soon-to-be corpse. After a few seconds, my knives come flying back to me, and spin around me for a few seconds, sort of a dual-wielding Thor. As they fly back, anything that gets hit takes damage. I also have one ability that lets me dash through enemies for the 'running away' phase, plus an ability that lets me imbue my weapons with power, either poison or shadow. Poison does damage over time, shadow causes enemies to explode on death, damaging other nearby enemies.

So, basic attack: Imbue my weapons with shadow. Group up a bunch of enemies. Stab one, use the Dash ability to get to the opposite side of the group. The knives come back to me, and everything along the way gets hit with said knives, which have the 'shadow' effect, so as soon as they start dying, they start exploding, causing others nearby to explode. But it's one of those builds that relies on getting hit as little as possible, preferring to kill everything quickly rather than absorbing the blows.

Recorded at World Tier 4 (currently the hardest difficulty), long before I hit 'high' levels.

/edit - and, as an aside, I recommend clicking the title and watching it directly on YouTube. YT does a terrible job at streaming quality on embedded videos, and in vids under one minute, it often hasn't gotten to the full resolution before the end of the video. That's generally not a problem on YT itself.

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Dont forget if you have Amazon prime and Twitch to claim your free Death's Burden pack with mount customization piece. I love it.

Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Thanks for this.
Im still on act 3 with no mount yet but think im getting close.
Game started acting up with major lag at times where the mouse just skips around.
Played some other games with much better graphics and it didnt happen there so not sire whats going on.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I love the skin but I find the horse so small that detail is lost and I can barely tell what skin is what. And the little trophies and saddle items are just lost fully.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Punisher wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:22 pm Thanks for this.
Im still on act 3 with no mount yet but think im getting close.
Game started acting up with major lag at times where the mouse just skips around.
Played some other games with much better graphics and it didnt happen there so not sire whats going on.
Very close. Finish Act III, and it'll be one of the first quests you get in Act IV. Something about a favor (I'm being deliberately vague-hinty.)
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

And if you make an alt you have access to the horse from the get go.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Questions.
What does skip the campaign actually do?
Do i start the game at a higher level?
Also does it just skip act 1-3 or all rhe acts?
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Punisher wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:28 pm Questions.
I haven't done it myself yet, but I believe that it simply places you in the game with the campaign counting as finished, and the endgame content available. You still start off at level 1 (but no prologue), and you still have to level up before you can unlock higher world tiers. But you can do it however you like rather than chasing the campaign around.
Dramatist

Post by Dramatist »

I got tired of the season about a week and a half ago and I guess stopped at level 75 after going to Torment at level 70. It took a long time to level and I was not getting enough ancestral gear to even completely get ancestral pieces in each slot.

I knew that I wouldn’t get enough playtime to make it all the way to 100.

I’m sure I’ll revisit this in a future season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Now Playing
Marvel Puzzle Quest
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

Blackhawk wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:31 pm
Punisher wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:28 pm Questions.
I haven't done it myself yet, but I believe that it simply places you in the game with the campaign counting as finished, and the endgame content available. You still start off at level 1 (but no prologue), and you still have to level up before you can unlock higher world tiers. But you can do it however you like rather than chasing the campaign around.
After completing the campaign once you never have to do it again. You start off as level 1, for season two you start where the season of blood initial quest starts. You have no gear but you do have all the gold you accrued in the season so far and the shared storage. If you go hardcore you only have what you earned in hardcore and what you have stored in hardcore
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I completed Diablo 4 just now. I dont understand the ending but that seems normal. Wish they'd just make it evil bad go kill evil. Instead I found myself wondering about choices I couldn't make even in the game. It forced the ending as it was written. But I felt kinda sad for Lilith.

I like that Mothers ring though.

Ive set my Necromancer to world tier 3 nightmare.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

The ending is the setup for an expansion, not a conclusion to the story.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

My alt Sorc is a mix of Goddess and pizza delivery girl. She can wade into whole rooms of bad things and melt some of them and explode others...nothing can stop her. Then suddenly something does and she dies....wait..what just killed me?? Why did he kill me..wth. So I have to be careful with her. I haven't yet figured out why she is death incarnate one moment and a body bag occupant the next.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

WT3? Have you replaced your stuff with Sacred items yet?
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Is that directed to me? No just 1. About to switch her to 2. necro is at 3.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Ah. Well, for what it's worth, the current season is going to be ending in about a week. When that happens, any current seasonal characters will become Eternal Realm characters, and any seasonal unlocks you haven't unlocked will no longer be available. So if anyone's wanting to finish off any Season Journey/unlock stuff, do it now.
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

Daehawk wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:00 pm Is that directed to me? No just 1. About to switch her to 2. necro is at 3.
If you have gone through tier do the capstone and go straight to 3. There is no reason to do 2. It really is to 1 or 2 then get to 3.
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

Blackhawk wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:56 pm Ah. Well, for what it's worth, the current season is going to be ending in about a week. When that happens, any current seasonal characters will become Eternal Realm characters, and any seasonal unlocks you haven't unlocked will no longer be available. So if anyone's wanting to finish off any Season Journey/unlock stuff, do it now.
I wish I could get motivated to get those last two seasonal levels but grinding nightmare dungeons has no appeal at this point.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Jaddison wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:53 pm
Blackhawk wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:56 pm Ah. Well, for what it's worth, the current season is going to be ending in about a week. When that happens, any current seasonal characters will become Eternal Realm characters, and any seasonal unlocks you haven't unlocked will no longer be available. So if anyone's wanting to finish off any Season Journey/unlock stuff, do it now.
I wish I could get motivated to get those last two seasonal levels but grinding nightmare dungeons has no appeal at this point.
I'm right there with you.

To finish the next to last, all I really need to do is hit 90 (I'm almost 86), and kill either Zir or the Beast in Ice. Zir is probably easy. The Beast in Ice would require excessive dungeon runs.

Once I'm done getting the last renown rewards (so that they'll be optional from this point forward until they shut the servers down), I may try to hit 90 if I'm close enough, then kill Zir.

The final chapter of the Season Journey only gives a title and a bunch of blood I don't need, so I'm not too worried about that one (and it's grindy as hell.)
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

Blackhawk wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:21 pm

To finish the next to last, all I really need to do is hit 90 (I'm almost 86), and kill either Zir or the Beast in Ice. Zir is probably easy. The Beast in Ice would require excessive dungeon runs.

Once I'm done getting the last renown rewards (so that they'll be optional from this point forward until they shut the servers down), I may try to hit 90 if I'm close enough, then kill Zir.

The final chapter of the Season Journey only gives a title and a bunch of blood I don't need, so I'm not too worried about that one (and it's grindy as hell.)
I tried the beast in ice and he iced me bad and I didn't have the gumption to try and rejigger things. Too bad we can't trade as I have so many of the needed items for all those special bosses that I have multiple stacks of everything. Sounds like it might be season 4 until be the season where there is more motivation to keep going....season 3 seems like it is aimed at streamers and end game grinders with the leader boards for dungeons
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Jaddison wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:26 pm
Blackhawk wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:21 pm

I tried the beast in ice and he iced me bad and I didn't have the gumption to try and rejigger things. Too bad we can't trade as I have so many of the needed items for all those special bosses that I have multiple stacks of everything. Sounds like it might be season 4 until be the season where there is more motivation to keep going....season 3 seems like it is aimed at streamers and end game grinders with the leader boards for dungeons
Honestly, I haven't even read up on the fights yet. I only need to do one if I can hit 90 (which shouldn't be too tough.)
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I finished up the last of the Renown rewards last night (the rewards you get for doing things in a region), plus I have collected all of the Altars of Lilith. Those are both persistent, so I'll never have to worry about things like discovering zones, finding altars, or side quests on future characters unless I want to for fun.

I was able to take out Vir last night in under a minute without taking much real damage, so that gave me all but one of the Chapter 8 requirements. I think I'll just try and hit level 90 (I'm 87 now) via some quick nightmare dungeons, then call this character done.
Jaddison wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:26 pm I tried the beast in ice and he iced me bad and I didn't have the gumption to try and rejigger things. Too bad we can't trade as I have so many of the needed items for all those special bosses that I have multiple stacks of everything. Sounds like it might be season 4 until be the season where there is more motivation to keep going....season 3 seems like it is aimed at streamers and end game grinders with the leader boards for dungeons
Well, if you decide you'd like to take on the Beast again, I'd be happy to team up with you.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I still dont have my lightning sorc down pat. Im still used to having my necro army absorb everything while I stand back and cast what I want. Theh sorc is much more hectic in battle with combos and mana and such. I find myself lost in button pushing madness during a battle and just hitting everything hoping something is off timer and my mana is refreshed enough to cast it. I die still needless to say.