Hogwarts Legacy

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Alefroth

Re: Hogwarts Legacy

Post by Alefroth »

It's almost always safe to sell green and blue gear. If something isn't an upgrade, why would you want to keep it?
Dramatist

Post by Dramatist »

Alefroth wrote:It's almost always safe to sell green and blue gear. If something isn't an upgrade, why would you want to keep it?
I’ve gotten over that urge. I think it was because I had completely filled my brain inventory on my first or second in game day when my character was somewhere around level 8.

I got to play a lot over the last couple of days and I’m now level 18 and have unlocked most of the spells and have a broom so the world is really opening up. I probably won’t get to play much more until Saturday though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Now Playing
Marvel Puzzle Quest
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Still wishing I could play. But life has its claws on me for now over new games.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Dramatist

Post by Dramatist »

I am probably somewhere in the mid game right now. I’m level 23 and I’m doing more combat now. I’m enjoying the combat quite a bit but I could be quite a bit better than I am.

I’m really enjoying the universe of this game and I feel like the developers did an excellent job creating this world. The story line is holding up so far too, although I’m not one to pay a whole lot of attention to story in most games I enjoy.

Now Playing
Marvel Puzzle Quest
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Finally spinning back to this after setting it aside for too much open world stuff (for me).

There is a lot of cool stuff in the open world, but for me, it also drags away from the story and narrative. Sure, I can always go back to those quests, but the fact that I can ignore them also has the drawback of them losing importance. They become just another side quest among many.

We will see if I finish it this pass. Pyperkub VS the Open World blues!
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Been making progress - I've advanced the story to Winter, and I'm enjoying it, but my mind is starting to stray, tho I do enjoy just flying around on my broomstick, but I'm far more likely to just use the Floo network to get to quest locations. I do spend more time in the room of requirement caring for my beasts than I care to tho. I can probably skip it, but who wants to be THAT student who rescues Beasts just to neglect them?

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Free update this summer?

Hi everyone! We are thrilled that you are all excited for the free update to Hogwarts Legacy this summer. We love seeing all the guesses and hopes for what will be part of this update, and while we are not ready to talk about it yet, I do want to set some expectations for...(1/2)
3:57 PM · Mar 7, 2024

Dramatist

Post by Dramatist »

Maybe this will motivate me to come back to this game again. It started out so engaging but I got bogged down in the latter part of the game.

Now Playing
Marvel Puzzle Quest
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Dramatist wrote:Maybe this will motivate me to come back to this game again. It started out so engaging but I got bogged down in the latter part of the game.
I finished it but agree. It suffers from the same problem a lot of open world games have in that at some point there's no real benefit to running around and getting all the collectibles other than to say you did it. Personally I also think the game's gear system was undercooked - you quickly level to a point where your gear is essentially meaningless.

I'm hoping for a sequel at some point that addresses some of the shortcomings. Still, it's a very entertaining game in the early going.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I loved the collecting of cool different gear. The actual stats on them didn't really seem to matter to me. It does have th open world bloat for sure, but still better than most of the recent UBI games.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
Dramatist

Post by Dramatist »

I also didn’t like how once you learned almost all the spells you still had only 4 available to cast at any one time. I know you could switch to a different 4 fairly easily but it made combat less fun than it could have been.

Now Playing
Marvel Puzzle Quest
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Dramatist wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:51 pm I also didn’t like how once you learned almost all the spells you still had only 4 available to cast at any one time. I know you could switch to a different 4 fairly easily but it made combat less fun than it could have been.
Yeah, absolutely a result of console-ification.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Unagi wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:32 pm
Dramatist wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:51 pm I also didn’t like how once you learned almost all the spells you still had only 4 available to cast at any one time. I know you could switch to a different 4 fairly easily but it made combat less fun than it could have been.
Yeah, absolutely a result of console-ification.
Console is the default state of most games. I'd call it a result of poor PC-ification.

Which is odd, since PC gaming actually seems to be the bigger revenue stream these days, although a huge chunk of that is likely via microtransactions from a handful of games rather than representing the revenue from game variety. Of course mobile gaming blows them both out of the water, with more income than all other platforms combined.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)