Entry level steering wheel?

For general computer discussion & help, come here

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Blackhawk

Entry level steering wheel?

Post by Blackhawk »

This is purely hypothetical right now, but it's months out (well after Christmas.) I'm considering picking up a cheap steering wheel one of these days for PC to play a few VR driving games. American/European Truck Simulator come to mind, as would a few other titles. Although I can't say I won't ever play a racing game, serious racing simulators are definitely not on my list. It's just that I've found getting to drive in locations and/or ways that I don't get to in real life to be surprisingly fun in VR. But using an XBox controller detracts from that fun quite a bit.

What's a good, reliable, but affordable entry-level wheel? I tried to do some searching, but all I was finding were the "ten best" lists that have wheels that cost hundreds.

I already have a set of rudder pedals that I could use for gas/brake pedals, even if they're not ideal for that.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Octavious

Re: Entry level steering wheel?

Post by Octavious »

I have a t150 with the pedals that's sitting around doing nothing at my house. I'd sell it pretty darn cheap if you are interested. I keep on meaning to sell it at some point as I know I'll never use it.

It's this one... Those pedals too...

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/ ... bd13a92f07
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

Octavious wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:30 am I have a t150 with the pedals that's sitting around doing nothing at my house. I'd sell it pretty darn cheap if you are interested. I keep on meaning to sell it at some point as I know I'll never use it.

It's this one... Those pedals too...

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/ ... bd13a92f07
if Blackhawk isn't interested, i would go for this
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

He is sorry. :( I have to dig it out this weekend and figure out when I can mail it to him.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Damn, I didn't see the comment or I'd have replied sooner. Yes, I'll be set up soon, and thank you again.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Octavious wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:45 pm He is sorry.
Well that's not very friendly! :wink:

(On the importance of a comma.)

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

:P I'm not known for my mastering of the English language. It looks like I threw out the original box and it's kind of crammed into my Fanatec box. So I'm going to have to grab another box methinks. Not a big deal, but the last thing I want to do is have it get smashed in shipping.

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Ah, dammit. There goes the collector's value! ;) With my limited space, all boxes vanish as soon as they're unpacked. Whatever and whenever works for you is fine!