Any idea why OneLaunch from Microsoft suddenly appeared on my wife's computer?

For general computer discussion & help, come here

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

jztemple2

Any idea why OneLaunch from Microsoft suddenly appeared on my wife's computer?

Post by jztemple2 »

A few days ago some stupid dock appeared on my wife's Win10 computer screen. She swears she didn't install it and I believe her, she's pretty paranoid about installing anything. Although it didn't identify itself as such, I figured out it was Microsoft's OneLaunch and I uninstalled it.

Any idea how this thing showed up on my wife's Win10 computer and not mine?
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
Victoria Raverna

Re: Any idea why OneLaunch from Microsoft suddenly appeared on my wife's computer?

Post by Victoria Raverna »

OneLaunch isn't from Microsoft but available in Microsoft Store. Maybe your wife accidentally installed it from Microsoft Store.

It is also possible OneLaunch was installed because your wife installed other software that included OneLaunch.
jztemple2

Re: Any idea why OneLaunch from Microsoft suddenly appeared on my wife's computer?

Post by jztemple2 »

Thanks for letting me know it isn't from Microsoft. I saw it on their store and made the assumption. I'll run an AV scan just to make sure there isn't any other bad stuff there.
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Before it was OneLaunch, it was called AllYourLaunchBelongToUs.