Does anyone have the PC boxed edition of

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

Dave Allen

Does anyone have the PC boxed edition of

Post by Dave Allen »

Jesus said, "Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body."[Matt 10:28] God can totally destroy us.

Jesus also said, "For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”[John 6:40] Eternal life is conditional.

His disciple John wrote, "Whoever has the Son has eternal life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have eternal life. [1 John 5:12] Eternal life is optional.
TheMix

Re: Does anyone have the PC boxed edition of

Post by TheMix »

Not I. Completely unfamiliar with it.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Anonymous Bosch

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

Back in day, I vaguely recall playing the Amiga version, called Dragons Breath. But never bothered with the MS-DOS version.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

Yes, aka Dragon's Breath. That version won't be helpful because I'm looking for "page x, line x, and word x" to start the game IYKWIM. And I can't find a download on the planet for the ms-dos manual. :(
Jesus said, "Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body."[Matt 10:28] God can totally destroy us.

Jesus also said, "For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”[John 6:40] Eternal life is conditional.

His disciple John wrote, "Whoever has the Son has eternal life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have eternal life. [1 John 5:12] Eternal life is optional.
Anonymous Bosch

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

Dave Allen wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:31 pm Yes, aka Dragon's Breath. That version won't be helpful because I'm looking for "page x, line x, and word x" to start the game IYKWIM. And I can't find a download on the planet for the ms-dos manual. :(
In that case, you're likely better off using an emulator to play the Amiga version instead (available here courtesy of LemonAmiga.com).

You'll probably discover graphics and audio are improved with the Amiga version in comparison with the DOS version anyway. Then you can use this scanned PDF of the Dragons Breath manual to look up the necessary disk protection keywords (or perhaps the keywords weren't any different in the DOS version? I wouldn't know).

EDIT: Here's a screenshot of the disk protection keywords from the linked PDF above, just in case they're valid for the DOS version, too:

Enlarge Image
(Click to embiggen)
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

Thanks, Anonymous. Amiga emulation is a solid Plan B... and its free! (I found a $42 ms-dos version for sale)

The Amiga .pdf won't work for the dos game. In fact, you'll notice that the Amiga keyword's locations are different for English, French, or German players.

I'll wait a little while longer to see if someone can help with a scan. Anyone, please PM me if you can help.