Thinking of dumping my car... Thoughts?

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Lassr

Re: FIRED!

Post by Lassr »

:pop:
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Drazzil

Re: Need to job hop quick!

Post by Drazzil »

The Meal wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:08 am
Drazzil wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:15 pm I proved my case and sent them screaming for the hills. Against my lawyers advice.
I'm so confused.
Meh its not important. I went off on a bit of a manic tangent last night. The important part is that I know how things work.
Daehawk wrote:Thats Drazzil's chair damnit.
Drazzil

Re: Hi guys! (Officially newly hired) First day of 7-11. I did okay!

Post by Drazzil »

Roman wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:40 am
Drazzil wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:41 pm I was only doing what I thought was right.
And here is where it will all fall apart. You are so quick to want to lash out at any perceived injustice that you think you are in the right here.
Do I agree with only 1 employee at a time in Retail? No.
Do I think that you and he/she could and should have handled this better? Yes.

All in all you will not learn from this and simply walk around like a wounded lion looking to lash out again and again.
Want my advice? Walk away from this situation. Forget your grand plans for another Kriminal Sopina and move on. Leave the piss and vinegar attitude behind and move on. You'll grow more from that approach than any more time wasted on filing a legal grievance when you should be focused on job hunt and personal growth.
I already said I was going to walk away from this. I am going to consult an employment lawyer, present my evidence and see if I have a case. The worst they say is no, and then I smile and nod and continue on with my life. I really wish people would read what I wrote. I don't intend to do any of what you suggested. When I first posted this I said I wouldn't be bitter or mad and walk around with a chip on my shoulder. I said that I was going to move forward with the job search and learn what lessons I could from this gig and analyze what I did wrong and move forward.

I think where things got a little twisted last night was when people questioned whether I could sue my former employer successfully, and then I went on a manic bragging tangent about how I whipped my old employer and I shouldn't have done that. That demonstrates old me.

New me is going to attempt to learn from this and apply those lessons moving forward to the next job.

Guys I apologize for my manic ness last night.

In retrospect, I think what the DM did was for the best. My former employer demands a level of commitment that I am unable to provide. That policy changed. I refused (and do not regret this part a bit) because regardless of the outcome, given my experiences and observations, that was not something I would *ever* be willing to do.

The way he did it? Wrong. Maybe legally wrong, we'll see! This won't be the focus of my life though! That's like passing up dollars to chase pennies in the street. I spent too many years of my life doing that. Sitting in a funk, being negative to myself and others.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Hodor.
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

Drazzil wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:08 pm The important part is that I know how things work.
I'm not sure it is and I'm not sure you do.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Have you ever had a job that didn’t end with either threatened or filed lawsuits?

The frequency that seems to happen for you is certainly a cause for concern and perhaps some introspection.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Drazzil wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:08 pmThe important part is that I know how things work.
I can't believe this thread hasn't deleted itself to protect the time-space continuum.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Skinypupy wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:36 pm Have you ever had a job that didn’t end with either threatened or filed lawsuits?

The frequency that seems to happen for you is certainly a cause for concern and perhaps some introspection.
Yes plenty!
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

"plenty" isn't a word a recruiter is looking for when reviewing a job hunter's work history. :wink:
Covfefe!
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

Tons!
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

It's not even five letters.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

"Yes sir! I'm always willing to work! I've had five jobs just this month!"
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

"Thanks for coming in, today, Mr. Drazzil....uh....what you writing there, heh - we haven't even sat down yet!"
"Oh this? Oh! Nothing! I just like to keep VERY good notes of ALL my encounters with employers and potential employers because I uhhhh...well, you know, for "protection" (looks at Mr. Hiring Manager with narrowed eyes, and nodding head). Hey, you know what? You seem like a sharp fellow, so I'll just straight talk ya: I KNOW. You know what I mean? "I GET IT, I KNOW HOW THINGS WORK (winks). So yeah, that's what my notes are for. JUST IN CASE (elbows the hiring manager) HA!! Sorry, could you repeat that last thing you said for the record? Thanks!"
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:49 pm "Thanks for coming in, today, Mr. Drazzil....uh....what you writing there, heh - we haven't even sat down yet!"
"Oh this? Oh! Nothing! I just like to keep VERY good notes of ALL my encounters with employers and potential employers because I uhhhh...well, you know, for "protection" (looks at Mr. Hiring Manager with narrowed eyes, and nodding head). Hey, you know what? You seem like a sharp fellow, so I'll just straight talk ya: I KNOW. You know what I mean? "I GET IT, I KNOW HOW THINGS WORK (winks). So yeah, that's what my notes are for. JUST IN CASE (elbows the hiring manager) HA!! Sorry, could you repeat that last thing you said for the record? Thanks!"
:shock: :lol:

Went to the coin shop today and just did some window shopping. I got to trade a few private mint silver coins for some govt minted silver on a "this time its free" basis. One of the coins that my dealer overlooked and had marked down as private mint silver oz was actually a govt of fiji minted square coca cola silver oz coin that's worth 70-100 on e bay. I only found out later when I went to research the new thing I got.

Oh yes and I have an interview lined up for next week. One so far.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

What a blessed time to be alive in an economy that will allow me to try so many different things and even if I get fired on 100 jobs, the 101st may just work out for me.

I'm stoked! I'm excited! :dance:
FishPants
Server WhOOre

Post by FishPants »

Drazzil wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:15 pm
How are you going to address at the interview what went down at the sev? Are you going to explain that you locked the store up and refused to work, or will you drop your pants and shit on the carpet (while maintaining direct eye contact with the interviewer)?
No.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Drazzil wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:18 pm What a blessed time to be alive in an economy that will allow me to try so many different things and even if I get fired on 100 jobs, the 101st may just work out for me.

I'm stoked! I'm excited! :dance:
Have you considered gig jobs that are controlled by apps and algorithms, and not people? There are a metric crap ton of those. They aren't very good, and almost all (all?) of them take advantage of the poorly written laws regarding full time employees and contract workers, BUT as you said...there are 100's.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

FishPants wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:21 pm
How are you going to address at the interview what went down at the sev? Are you going to explain that you locked the store up and refused to work, or will you drop your pants and shit on the carpet (while maintaining direct eye contact with the interviewer)?
No dude. I didn't refuse to work. Nice of you to stop by and attack me without reading what I posted.
gilraen

Post by gilraen »

Drazzil wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:15 pm Went to the coin shop today and just did some window shopping. I got to trade a few private mint silver coins for some govt minted silver on a "this time its free" basis. One of the coins that my dealer overlooked and had marked down as private mint silver oz was actually a govt of fiji minted square coca cola silver oz coin that's worth 70-100 on e bay. I only found out later when I went to research the new thing I got.
Must be nice to live like a teenager whose food and shelter are taken care of by parentsgovernment and he can afford to spend all his money on hobbies and entertainment.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Actually that seems to be a thing here. People half read my post and then attack me based on that. I didn't refuse to work, I refused to perform a job that was unsafe. I gave DM every opportunity to comply with their own policy or have someone from HR call me and explain where I was in the wrong. None of those options happened.
stessier

Post by stessier »

While I am highly amused with your post, practically, why does he have to give a thorough answer? "I am looking for something with more growth potential and better X (pay, benefits, etc)."
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

gilraen wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:29 pm
Drazzil wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:15 pm Went to the coin shop today and just did some window shopping. I got to trade a few private mint silver coins for some govt minted silver on a "this time its free" basis. One of the coins that my dealer overlooked and had marked down as private mint silver oz was actually a govt of fiji minted square coca cola silver oz coin that's worth 70-100 on e bay. I only found out later when I went to research the new thing I got.
Must be nice to live like a teenager whose food and shelter are taken care of by parentsgovernment and he can afford to spend all his money on hobbies and entertainment.
Ahhh and yet another person who doesn't read what I wrote! I didn't spend a thing! Everything I did today was FREE! I went window shopping because I like to window shop! I went to trade up a few bullion coins but that would have cost at most five bucks total to trade.

Also that square coke coin put me like 80 dollars ahead on the transaction.
Last edited by Drazzil on Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gilraen

Post by gilraen »

Drazzil wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:44 pm
Ahhh and yet another person who doesn't read what I wrote! I didn't spend a thing! Everything I did today was FREE!
I read what you wrote. I'm not just talking about today, I'm talking about your entire lifestyle.
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

Drazzil wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:32 pm Actually that seems to be a thing here. People half read my post and then attack me based on that. I didn't refuse to work, I refused to perform a job that was unsafe. I gave DM every opportunity to comply with their own policy or have someone from HR call me and explain where I was in the wrong. None of those options happened.
I am curious and I am not trying to attack you. I understand about the robbery, but there are a number of jobs I've had where I was the only person in the store for at least some period of time such as breaks or lunches. Are you simply categorizing that as feeling unsafe for you, or is there something else I've missed? If you simply don't want to be on duty by yourself I understand that, but you definitely want to factor that in to further job searches so that you rule that out early.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

gilraen wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:46 pm
Drazzil wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:44 pm
Ahhh and yet another person who doesn't read what I wrote! I didn't spend a thing! Everything I did today was FREE!
I read what you wrote. I'm not just talking about today, I'm talking about your entire lifestyle.
Ahhh. Yes. Well I was supposed to pay rent in February (may still have to) because I was right in the middle of updating my income so that I could be charged the FULL RENT when this happened. So. I was making moves to pull my weight. I paid over a thousand dollars in taxes on my last check.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

gbasden wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:49 pm
Drazzil wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:32 pm Actually that seems to be a thing here. People half read my post and then attack me based on that. I didn't refuse to work, I refused to perform a job that was unsafe. I gave DM every opportunity to comply with their own policy or have someone from HR call me and explain where I was in the wrong. None of those options happened.
I am curious and I am not trying to attack you. I understand about the robbery, but there are a number of jobs I've had where I was the only person in the store for at least some period of time such as breaks or lunches. Are you simply categorizing that as feeling unsafe for you, or is there something else I've missed? If you simply don't want to be on duty by yourself I understand that, but you definitely want to factor that in to further job searches so that you rule that out early.
That area was unsafe in general. I've had armed people come in and threaten my life when I ask them to wear a mask. I've had people move as if to attack me, and one dude that I would have had to fight if my co worker hadn't intervened. Its just the area. It is just a profoundly shitty area.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:49 pm "Thanks for coming in, today, Mr. Drazzil....uh....what you writing there, heh - we haven't even sat down yet!"
You're on a roll today.
FishPants
Server WhOOre

Post by FishPants »

Drazzil wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:28 pm
No dude. I didn't refuse to work. Nice of you to stop by and attack me without reading what I posted.
I'm attacking your 13 pages of dysfunction while playing a victim and looking for sympathy. Probably not a popular opinion, but you need to grow up and get a grip - you fly off the handle and dictate the "next steps" to someone multiple levels above you then get surprised when you're punted (even in a hot job market)? Really? If you don't like your job, just go find another one - stop being such a drama queen, and adult.

Until then, yes I'm going to poke fun - your responses to employers are not in any way shape or form to be considered measured, normal or constructive. Honestly go read those last 13 pages starting at the beginning and come back and tell me how this is my problem.
No.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

FishPants wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:23 pm
Drazzil wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:28 pm
I'm attacking your 13 pages of dysfunction while playing a victim and looking for sympathy. Probably not a popular opinion, but you need to grow up and get a grip - you fly off the handle and dictate the "next steps" to someone multiple levels above you then get surprised when you're punted (even in a hot job market)? Really? If you don't like your job, just go find another one - stop being such a drama queen, and adult.

Until then, yes I'm going to poke fun - your responses to employers are not in any way shape or form to be considered measured, normal or constructive. Honestly go read those last 13 pages starting at the beginning and come back and tell me how this is my problem.
13 pages of dysfunction? I started out wanting a job, getting a job, loving the job then shitcanned in a one day period. If you're calling bullshit on how this or any part of this went down, that's fine, but I really don't think I'm looking for sympathy or even playing a victim. What happened, happened. I learn a lesson and move forward, knowing all my options. What's the issue with that?

Now if you're talking about the other threads I started in the past? Sure I made mistakes. I'm still making mistakes. I intend to learn from this and move forward. My behavior in some of the other threads? You could have yourself a case. That said, If you want to dwell on the personal or employment failures of some anon internet nobody, then be my guest, just know that it's counter productive.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Oh that's a suin'
Covfefe!
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

You defined the conditions under which you were willing to do your job, and shut down their business when they didn't bow to you. You refused to work.

You aren't the one who gets to define what's safe and what isn't. If you are asked to do something that you personally consider unsafe, but isn't considered unsafe by the authorities, then you have two options: You can do your job, or you can quit. You don't get to hold their business hostage. You're a cashier at a Stop-N-Rob. You aren't important enough to have that kind of leverage.

I'd have fired you, too. Good luck on that lawsuit.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

hepcat wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:22 pm Oh that's a suin'
Sue plz!
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Freyland wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:47 am Drazzil, are you a Pisces, by chance?
Hey! He said he wasn’t chum.
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

I’m trying to understand the jobs, the suing, apparently there are coins. I feel like I’m on acid every time I come in here, and can’t figure out why I keep coming in here.

To echo Blackhawk, you absolutely refused to do your job. If you felt that the current situation was too unsafe to work, then closing the store until replacements arrive and quitting was the “right” answer.

But then there’s coins. I don’t understand any of what happens in here.
And in banks across the world
Christians, Moslems, Hindus, Jews
And every other race, creed, colour, tint or hue
Get down on their knees and pray
The raccoon and the groundhog neatly
Make up bags of change
But the monkey in the corner
Well he's slowly drifting out of range
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Missing the concept that an Assistant Manager is there to assist in managing the other employees to keep the store open.

You had the opportunity to become the store’s MVP, but threw the batt and went home. The opportunity at 7-11 existed because of the fallout from the last robbery. Staffing a shitty, unsafe job WAS THE JOB.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

But now he knows how things work. You can't put a price tag on that.

It's just another step up the ladder.
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

Alefroth wrote:But now he knows how things work. You can't put a price tag on that.

Is that where the coins come in? Is that the price tag?
And in banks across the world
Christians, Moslems, Hindus, Jews
And every other race, creed, colour, tint or hue
Get down on their knees and pray
The raccoon and the groundhog neatly
Make up bags of change
But the monkey in the corner
Well he's slowly drifting out of range
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

RunningMn9 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:19 pm
Alefroth wrote:But now he knows how things work. You can't put a price tag on that.

Is that where the coins come in? Is that the price tag?
Envision a Sonic the Hedgehog game and the coins fit nicely.
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Zarathud wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:46 pm Missing the concept that an Assistant Manager is there to assist in managing the other employees to keep the store open.

You had the opportunity to become the store’s MVP, but threw the batt and went home. The opportunity at 7-11 existed because of the fallout from the last robbery. Staffing a shitty, unsafe job WAS THE JOB.
I wasn't an asst manager. I was BARELY a senior sales associate.

You know what I realize about this place? I'm not saying I am but I could have come in TOTALLY blameless and prolly get the same kind of treatment. Too much ingrained behavior on both sides. I don't think this back and forth is doing either side any good.

I'll be back to this thread when I'm working again in a stable job. Till then!
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Somehow I've lived for 64 years without ever suing/being sued by anybody. I did get fired, once, but I had it coming.