Forza Horizon 5

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

jztemple2

Re: Forza Horizon 5

Post by jztemple2 »

coopasonic wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:16 am I am missing ONE ROAD and I can't figure out where it is.
I remember a similar situation in Test Drive Unlimited which stymied everyone. The culprit was what looked like a thirty foot driveway to a building but the game considered a road. On the in-game map the road was all of one pixel long :roll:
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Go to Event Lab and check out "Jeep-tastic Park". Very clever event.
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

coopasonic wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:16 am I spend most of my time traversing the map in the Forza Edition BMW X5 (S2 998 offroader makes for good cross country travel).
I like to keep switching my ride to try out different vehicles. I spend one car mastery point on each car to get the extra XP.

I've also found that to beat some off-road races that run on grass or other slick surfaces i have to step down to a lower performance class. For those I use my Unimog with the default D103 performance. The races are pretty slow :wink:
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

jztemple2 wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:39 am
coopasonic wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:16 am I am missing ONE ROAD and I can't figure out where it is.
I remember a similar situation in Test Drive Unlimited which stymied everyone. The culprit was what looked like a thirty foot driveway to a building but the game considered a road. On the in-game map the road was all of one pixel long :roll:
I finally found the last little segment of "road" that was a patch of dirt on the far east side of the map. Once I saw it, it seemed obvious, but that's kind of how it works.

Anyway, I think I am ready for a break. I am annoyed that I am missing so many bonus boards but not so annoyed as to buy the treasure map. I think I'll wait for the first season change to see how it changes things up.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Using the 2018 McLaren Senna, I finally three starred a speed trap that needed 240 mph. With new parts and a tweak to the gearing
I got 247.83 mph :D
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

The Koenigsegg Jesko will do 300mph easy and is available free if you get 30 stars on the V10 storyline which is a chapter unlock.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Did you sleep at all the last 5 days? I think I could play for weeks and not come close to completing it. :lol: Friday and Saturday I must have played like 10+ hours. I haven't done that with anything in forever.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

GamePass downloading now.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

coopasonic wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:18 pm The Koenigsegg Jesko will do 300mph easy and is available free if you get 30 stars on the V10 storyline which is a chapter unlock.
Getting all the stars on a storyline isn't always an option for me, if it wants drifting or general bashing, I never seem to get past one star on those. Besides, what fun is it if you won't have to work for that 247 mph? :D
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Octavious wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:20 pm Did you sleep at all the last 5 days? I think I could play for weeks and not come close to completing it. :lol: Friday and Saturday I must have played like 10+ hours. I haven't done that with anything in forever.
...and worked 8 hours friday, monday and tuesday. I played a metric ton of FH4 and this feels very much like an extension of that. I think focusing on the stories pushed me through the chapters faster. They pay out a lot of accolades.

BTW, I played the "Battle Royale" event they have and it was fun and I think I could even win this kind of BR. Participation in the Horizon Arcade events has been a bit light, but I think that might improve when things calm down a bit post release week.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

I added coop to my Xbox friends list so that just in case I start to get too cocky on how I'm doing in the game I'll be reminded how far I have to go :D

coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Octavious wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:20 pm Did you sleep at all the last 5 days? I think I could play for weeks and not come close to completing it. :lol: Friday and Saturday I must have played like 10+ hours. I haven't done that with anything in forever.
Just under 19.5 hours played up to this point.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Well that's probably only 5 hours more than me lol. I guess I just putter around more.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Scraper

Post by Scraper »

I'm really digging this game. I think most of the reviews are spot on. It's one of those games that varies stuff up enough that time just flies while you're playing. I put 2 hours in this morning before work and I would have sworn that I only played for about 30 minutes.

Anyway being fairly new to the Xbox scene I have no one on my friends list. So if anyone wants to add me theirs that would be great, my xbox tag is HantonGT.
FTE
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Just got a chance to start it up last night but really enjoying it as well (as I have all Forza Horizon games). The big draw for me this time around is being able to play on PC. In the past I've never been able to put the time into it I've wanted to because my son hogged the Xbox. :D I don't have to worry about that now, so hoping I can dive a bit deeper into it than I've been able to in previous entries.

The optimization process it goes through on startup took *forever* on my PC, but it runs like a champ now.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Ya it took a bit to load the first time, but if this is how it's going to run after I'll take the pain up front. The really nice thing is that if someone is on the computer I can pickup wherever I stopped on the Xbox. That's really neat and not something I've had a use for before.

This weekend I'll break out the wheel. It's just not practical to set that up during the week when my wife is working from home. :x

coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Don't get too excited if you get a notice about a gifted car from another player. Folks are buying the Willys Jeep for $40k, grabbing the super wheelspin from the perks and then gifting it to get it out of their garage. I've been gifting decent cars that are dupes in my garage. Now I understand the two jeeps I have been gifted. :P
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

coopasonic wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:19 pm Don't get too excited if you get a notice about a gifted car from another player. Folks are buying the Willys Jeep for $40k, grabbing the super wheelspin from the perks and then gifting it to get it out of their garage. I've been gifting decent cars that are dupes in my garage. Now I understand the two jeeps I have been gifted. :P
I don't know of anyone who would do that :ninja:
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

You know how many jeeps I can buy and send you with the $3mm+ I have left after buying all the houses? Add the fact that super wheelspins are pretty much guaranteed to be profitable at 40k and how easily I can get more skill points...

Without being cheesy, my garage value is at around $115 million and I still have the car purchase voucher.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

coopasonic wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:39 pm I still have the car purchase voucher.
Me too, I just can't decide how to spend it.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Scraper wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:56 am Anyway being fairly new to the Xbox scene I have no one on my friends list. So if anyone wants to add me theirs that would be great, my xbox tag is HantonGT.
I've added you to my list. I'm jztemple on Xbox by the way.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

coopasonic wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:19 pm Don't get too excited if you get a notice about a gifted car from another player. Folks are buying the Willys Jeep for $40k, grabbing the super wheelspin from the perks and then gifting it to get it out of their garage. I've been gifting decent cars that are dupes in my garage. Now I understand the two jeeps I have been gifted. :P
Well, apparently because certain people complained, I got 15 Car Mastery points refunded :D. It doesn't appear that I've lost any money or cars, so I'm not sure what's happening. I'm off to try to gift coop a jeep :wink:
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

jztemple2 wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:23 pm
Well, apparently because certain people complained, I got 15 Car Mastery points refunded :D. It doesn't appear that I've lost any money or cars, so I'm not sure what's happening. I'm off to try to gift coop a jeep :wink:
And I'm still able to gift a Willys Jeep, so I'm not sure why I got those 15 Car Mastery points, maybe it's something unrelated.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

So what's the deal with Accolade points, once I've reached the Hall of Fame? I'm not sure what they are doing for me after that.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

jztemple2 wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:17 am So what's the deal with Accolade points, once I've reached the Hall of Fame? I'm not sure what they are doing for me after that.
Nothing, really. There is a leaderboard for them just like everything else. Set your own goals at this point.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

So, I've never paid any attention to the Forza series at all. I'm not much of a big racer fan to begin with, and generally only steer towards the arcade end of the spectrum, if I play racers at all. I always thought Forza was one of those hyper-realistic racers (a la Gran Turismo), which hold zero interest for me at all. Plus, the last Xbox I owned was the 360.

Saw Forza Horizon 5 pop up on Gamepass and figured "eh, why not?". Played the first couple hours last night, and it has kinda floored me, tbh. It looks amazing, the mix of events and races are all very fun, it seems like there's always something cool to do that advances you in some way, the cars all feel/look/sound unique, and the entire package is just fantastic. I was a little surprised that it auto-set the graphic settings on my nearly 4 year old PC to "Ultra", but it looks and runs perfectly smooth.

My only gripes are that the hipster characters annoy me and the soundtrack is meh (is there a way to listen to my own music? Racing to death metal would be awesome.). Other than that, it's been a wonderful surprise. I'm sure I'll get to the point that I do with all racing games where I hit a wall because my skill level is terrible, but it's certainly been fun so far.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Skinypupy wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:43 am I always thought Forza was one of those hyper-realistic racers (a la Gran Turismo), which hold zero interest for me at all.
The Forza Motorsport games were (are, if they make any more) much more along the lines of Gran Turismo. Horizon has always been more of an arcade chaos kind of game.
Skinypupy wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:43 am I'm sure I'll get to the point that I do with all racing games where I hit a wall because my skill level is terrible, but it's certainly been fun so far.
I think there are enough assists and difficulty levels to satisfy most anyone. One of the interesting things about the game is it can be fun for us common folk AND challenging for Harkonis... just, ya know, don't challenge Hark.

Another interesting thing is the tuning aspect which I have pretty much no interest in... lucky for me, I can just find a tuning setup someone else uploaded and other plays rated (it's very early so not a lot of ratings yet) and just use that.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

I keep smashing these “Fast Travel Boards” but don’t see any way to actually fast travel to them. Is that something that unlocks later, or am I missing a button press somewhere?
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Skinypupy wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:11 pm I keep smashing these “Fast Travel Boards” but don’t see any way to actually fast travel to them. Is that something that unlocks later, or am I missing a button press somewhere?
The fast travel boards lower the price of fast travel. It starts out costing $10k and each board you destroy reduces the cost by $200. If you find and smash all 50 then it will be free. I can't remember where you can actually fast travel, but it is not the boards, maybe just events? I have a house that unlocks fast travel to any road location so much less restrictive. It's a good investment if you have 2 million burning a hole in your pocket!

You also can always fast travel to home for free from the menu and to the nearest horizon outpost by selecting the buy a car option from the menu.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

I just finally bought the five million dollar house, the last house I needed to buy. Now I get a free wheel spin each day but that took all the money that I had saved up for doing upgrades to cars.

It's a shame that Accolade points don't get me anything else after I reach the Hall of Fame. I've been looking for places to get more Accolade points because I thought they were worth something. Now I'll just go do races and other events to get more money so that I can spend the money to get more cars so I can make more money.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

My new favorite off-road vehicle is the Warthog :D. I just ran The Titan and the Warthog was brilliant on it, being more forgiving of my sloppy steering and otherwise very stable. The only change I made to it was to switch out the wheels for ones much lighter.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

I haven't been able to put a lot of time into this yet so it's funny seeing the conversations:

OO: "I just upgraded to the last house and earned the final major accolade to unlock the gibbity-whatsit for your fast travel sign hub."

Me: "I drive to this icon and it let me race. WHEEE!"
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Article from PC Gamer, The fastest cars in Forza Horizon 5. I used my voucher to get the Koenigsegg Jesko 2020 so I could three star some of those speed traps. Sadly, the Jesko looks like a fish, moves like a fish, steers like a cow :D

I also have the Porsche Taycan Turbo S 2020 which is electric and accelerates like no body's business.

The list, if you are too lazy to click the link :wink:

Koenigsegg One: 1 2015
Koenigsegg Agera RS 2017
Koenigsegg Jesko 2020
Rimac Concept Two 2019
Bugatti Divo 2019
Bugatti Chiron 2018
Bugatti Veyron Super Sport 2011
Hennessey Venom GT 2021
McLaren Speedtail 2019
Porsche Taycan Turbo S 2020
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

jztemple2 wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:11 pm Article from PC Gamer, The fastest cars in Forza Horizon 5. I used my voucher to get the Koenigsegg Jesko 2020 so I could three star some of those speed traps. Sadly, the Jesko looks like a fish, moves like a fish, steers like a cow :D

I also have the Porsche Taycan Turbo S 2020 which is electric and accelerates like no body's business.

The list, if you are too lazy to click the link :wink:

Koenigsegg One: 1 2015
Koenigsegg Agera RS 2017
Koenigsegg Jesko 2020
Rimac Concept Two 2019
Bugatti Divo 2019
Bugatti Chiron 2018
Bugatti Veyron Super Sport 2011
Hennessey Venom GT 2021
McLaren Speedtail 2019
Porsche Taycan Turbo S 2020
That list is missing the Lamborghini Sesto Elemento Forza Edition. If you check speed zone leaderboards, it tops most of them because it is basically glued to the road. The Jesko is ungodly fast, but the Sesto FE handles like an F1 car. I have both, just to be sure. :D I got the Jesko as a story reward and the Sesto from a wheelspin. They each have their roles. I'll have to give the Bugatti Divo a run, got that from a wheelspin too.

The game really wants me to love the Taycan. I've gotten 4 of them now. I gave a couple away as gifts.

I have over 200 unique cars now and I've only purchased 3 or 4.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

coopasonic wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:18 pm the Sesto from a wheelspin.
Oh boy, time to go buy more jeeps! :D
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

jztemple2 wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:24 pm
coopasonic wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:18 pm the Sesto from a wheelspin.
Oh boy, time to go buy more jeeps! :D
The latest update nerfed the Jeep Superwheelspin exploit :roll:. Weird how it wasn't picked up in all the pre-release testing, you'd think at least one of the testers would cotton on to it... unless of course MS left it in the game to be found and talked about in the media :wink:
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Have my new favorite vehicle, the Mercedes-Benz Racing Truck:

It is overpowered and spins on a dime. Great for generating a lot of points fast, just floor it and spin the wheel occasionally :D
Formix

Post by Formix »

OO effect almost has me buying this....but I feel like waiting for a sale, it's a little spendy. Are there good odds on a sale any time before FH6 comes out?
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Formix wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:45 am OO effect almost has me buying this....but I feel like waiting for a sale, it's a little spendy. Are there good odds on a sale any time before FH6 comes out?
https://isthereanydeal.com/game/forzaho ... n/history/

FH4 released 9/28/2018 and was 35% off 11/19/2018 and per the above data, didn't see another sale until it was 50% off 4/2/2020. I have no idea of the accuracy of that data and I have never waited for a sale on a Forza game. You are a week from Black Friday, I suppose it can't hurt to wait and see.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
naednek

Post by naednek »

Skinypupy wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:43 am So, I've never paid any attention to the Forza series at all. I'm not much of a big racer fan to begin with, and generally only steer towards the arcade end of the spectrum, if I play racers at all. I always thought Forza was one of those hyper-realistic racers (a la Gran Turismo), which hold zero interest for me at all. Plus, the last Xbox I owned was the 360.

Saw Forza Horizon 5 pop up on Gamepass and figured "eh, why not?". Played the first couple hours last night, and it has kinda floored me, tbh. It looks amazing, the mix of events and races are all very fun, it seems like there's always something cool to do that advances you in some way, the cars all feel/look/sound unique, and the entire package is just fantastic. I was a little surprised that it auto-set the graphic settings on my nearly 4 year old PC to "Ultra", but it looks and runs perfectly smooth.

My only gripes are that the hipster characters annoy me and the soundtrack is meh (is there a way to listen to my own music? Racing to death metal would be awesome.). Other than that, it's been a wonderful surprise. I'm sure I'll get to the point that I do with all racing games where I hit a wall because my skill level is terrible, but it's certainly been fun so far.
I love the sound track :) but it's starting to wear thin with it repeating alot
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"