Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

El Guapo

Re: MLB 2021 Regular Season

Post by El Guapo »

Jaymann wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:54 pm
Lorini wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:19 am
naednek wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:44 pm Thanks Mets

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Padres did us a favor as well. Yes, the All Star game was not kind to the Red Sox, Mets, and Padres. Wonder if there's a common factor?
Plus Ohtani has gone WAY down in HR production. The curse of the home run derby.
It was probably a mistake to have Matt Barnes participate in the home run derby.
Black Lives Matter.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Bryant used to be good right?
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
naednek

Post by naednek »

Octavious wrote:Bryant used to be good right?
Not watching the game today but he's been a great addition for the giants

hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Wow I was think of Bellinger who is on a totally different team. :) And a totally different position... And isn't playing the Mets right now. :lol:
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Octavious

Post by Octavious »

So ya the Mets exceeded my expectations of sucking in the stretch of doom. I think you can officially call their season over. I think we'll have a new manager before long. Not that I think it is his fault that nobody can hit.

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Well, the Red Sox managed to fight back from down 4-0 against the Twins, tying it 4-4 in the 9th on a two run HR by Schwarber. Then they had the winning run on 3rd with one out....and managed to screw that up, give up 5 runs in the 9th, and lose 9-6. They keep finding new and creative ways to lose, I'll give them that.

They are still up 1.5 games over Oakland for the 2nd wild card spot, and they have a favorable remaining schedule, so somehow it's not crazy to think that they'll make the playoffs. But having to dig and scrape for wins against the Rangers and Twins means that's far from a given, and even if they do make it it'll be a miracle if they make it out of the wild card game.
Black Lives Matter.
naednek

Post by naednek »

Damn 16 innings and history shows dodgers suck in extra innings. But the squeaked one out.

The dodgers vs giants series in September will determine who wins the west

Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Well still going strong at sucking lol.

naednek

Post by naednek »

Damn dodgers keep winning. Getting a bit worried now as the Giants have a brutal schedule the next two weeks. Was hoping to make up ground against the two mets series. The problem was, the Dodgers played them too :( (not trying to put salt in the wounds Octavious :)
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Ok this is kind of getting ridiculous.

Exodor

Post by Exodor »

Three straight games with a grand slam for the Royals - the last two hit by Salvador Perez. :horse:
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Turns out that Kyle Schwarber is pretty good.
Black Lives Matter.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

El Guapo wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:39 am Turns out that Kyle Schwarber is pretty good.
Yeah, he’s a good clutch player and I liked watching him at bat. And that’s why the Nationals just gave him away :grund:
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

$iljanus wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:43 am
El Guapo wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:39 am Turns out that Kyle Schwarber is pretty good.
Yeah, he’s a good clutch player and I liked watching him at bat. And that’s why the Nationals just gave him away :grund:
Turner and Schwerzer have worked out well for us too! Thanks Nationals! :)
Black Lives Matter
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Lorini wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:23 am
$iljanus wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:43 am
Turner and Schwerzer have worked out well for us too! Thanks Nationals! :)
LOL! Every so often I’ve tried to tune in to a Dodgers game when Scherzer is pitching but it was either on a rain delay or canceled due to rain. I haven’t watched a Nationals game since before the Olympics. I’m still a fan but all the trades were just too much for me. I was getting to a place of acceptance when Scherzer was being traded but then Turner was thrown in the mix followed by Schwarber, Gomes, Harrison being sold off. I’ll watch again next year but right now… :cry:

But if the Dodgers go all the way and Turner and Scherzer win another ring, I’m really happy for them! Harper can still suck it though after going to the Phillies a few years ago :twisted:
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
naednek

Post by naednek »

Thank you rockies!

LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Octavious wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:51 pm Ok this is kind of getting ridiculous.
Go Sandy Anderson. That'll turn the season right around.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

They were celebrating home runs and such by giving the thumbs down to the fans. Seriously they can f off. It's NY you are going to get booed when you suck as much as they do. And Baez has been with the team what a month? :P

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Octavious wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:17 am They were celebrating home runs and such by giving the thumbs down to the fans. Seriously they can f off. It's NY you are going to get booed when you suck as much as they do. And Baez has been with the team what a month? :P
Well, if I know one thing, it's that it's a great idea to get into a feud with your fans in a place like New York (or Boston).
Black Lives Matter.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Ya it's a super smart idea. We booed the hell out of Piazza when he first came over as he started out poorly. Instead of being a big old baby he just put his head down and kicked some ass. These aren't Yankees fans who have watched them win 5 million championships. This is a bunch of fans that finally had a sliver of hope after doing almost jack since 1986 and they look worse. So ya they are going to boo.

Cohen has to really clean house of anyone involved in the past Mets teams. Sandy, the manager, the hitting coach, the ball boy... They are all tainted. :lol:

Lorini

Post by Lorini »

naednek wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:39 am Thank you rockies!

Thank you Braves!
Black Lives Matter
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

Octavious wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:17 am They were celebrating home runs and such by giving the thumbs down to the fans. Seriously they can f off. It's NY you are going to get booed when you suck as much as they do. And Baez has been with the team what a month? :P
Right there with you. The fans are paying, Mets players. You on the other hand are getting paid millions. Suck it up and get better, geezus.
Black Lives Matter
Exodor

Post by Exodor »

Octavious wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:47 am Ya it's a super smart idea. We booed the hell out of Piazza when he first came over as he started out poorly. Instead of being a big old baby he just put his head down and kicked some ass. These aren't Yankees fans who have watched them win 5 million championships. This is a bunch of fans that finally had a sliver of hope after doing almost jack since 1986 and they look worse. So ya they are going to boo.
Hey, you guys made the World Series in 2015. :mrgreen:
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

:(

LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Octavious wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:47 am

Cohen has to really clean house of anyone involved in the past Mets teams. Sandy, the manager, the hitting coach, the ball boy... They are all tainted. :lol:
Cohen made his fortune off of illegal insider trading. Will be interesting to see how he translates to the MLB.
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

This is their entire playoff record since 1986. If there was any question on if the Wilpons were one of the worst owners ever this should end that argument. 6 times they made the playoffs since 1986. 6 freaking times... And I'm not so sure I really would count losing the WC game.

1988 Lost NL Champ
1999 Lost NL Champ
2000 Lost WS to the FN Yankees
2006 Lost NL Champ
2015 Lost WS :(
2016 Lost WC Game

Octavious

Post by Octavious »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:34 am
Octavious wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:47 am

Cohen made his fortune off of illegal insider trading. Will be interesting to see how he translates to the MLB.
Ya I never said he was a nice dude. :lol: Honestly though if you spend enough money in the right places you are going to do alright. The Dodgers are kind of taking it to ridiculous levels at this point. They need a salary cap and salary floor so badly. Dodgers are spending almost 300 million while there are teams spending 18. :shock:

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Octavious wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:34 am This is their entire playoff record since 1986. If there was any question on if the Wilpons were one of the worst owners ever this should end that argument. 6 times they made the playoffs since 1986. 6 freaking times... And I'm not so sure I really would count losing the WC game.

1988 Lost NL Champ
1999 Lost NL Champ
2000 Lost WS to the FN Yankees
2006 Lost NL Champ
2015 Lost WS :(
2016 Lost WC Game
Pretty sure that Mariners fans would happily trade places.
Black Lives Matter.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

They have the Seahawks. :P Seriously though for a big market team it is appalling how bad they were run under the Wilpons. Will be an interesting offseason...

Lorini

Post by Lorini »

From the owner (article on SI.com)
Later, Mets president Sandy Alderson released a statement condemning the players for the thumbs down gesture and Báez's comments. Alderson went on to say that he plans on meeting with players and staff directly to convey the message that any negative gestures directed at fans will not be tolerated.

"These comments, and any gestures by him [Báez] or other players with similar intent, are totally unacceptable and will not be tolerated," he said in the statement. "Mets fans are understandably frustrated over the team's recent performance. The players and the organization are equally frustrated, but fans at Citi Field have every right to express their own disappointment.
That's exactly right. What the hell is wrong with those players.
Black Lives Matter
naednek

Post by naednek »

So Covid has taken out 2 starting pitchers and a reliable bench player. Not good timing for the giants

Lorini

Post by Lorini »

Thanks Brewers!
Black Lives Matter
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

naednek wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:33 pm So Covid has taken out 2 starting pitchers and a reliable bench player. Not good timing for the giants

Excuses excuses. We have one pitcher probably going to jail, one who has been injured for nearly two months and one out for the year with TJ surgery. Oh and don't forget the 2019 NL MVP hitting under. 200. Cry harder.
Last edited by Lorini on Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Black Lives Matter
naednek

Post by naednek »

Lorini wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:40 amThanks Brewers!
It was reported that the Brewers had a bout of Covid when the Giants played them last week. Are you thanking them for taking out our starting pitching ? :P
naednek

Post by naednek »

Lorini wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:42 am
naednek wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:33 pm So Covid has taken out 2 starting pitchers and a reliable bench player. Not good timing for the giants

Excuses excuses. We have one pitcher probably going to jail, one who has been injured for nearly two months and one out for the year with TJ surgery. Cry harder.
you might want to put yourself on check... I wasn't crying or making excuses. I was posting facts on what was reported today.
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

naednek wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:43 am

Excuses excuses. We have one pitcher probably going to jail, one who has been injured for nearly two months and one out for the year with TJ surgery. Cry harder.
you might want to put yourself on check... I wasn't crying or making excuses. I was posting facts on what was reported today.

Good because no one would feel sorry for neither the Giants or the Dodgers.
Black Lives Matter
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

Lorini wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:40 amThanks Brewers!
It was reported that the Brewers had a bout of Covid when the Giants played them last week. Are you thanking them for taking out our starting pitching ? :P
Uh Giants probably didn't get Covid from Brewers.
Black Lives Matter
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Lorini wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:46 am

Good because no one would feel sorry for neither the Giants or the Dodgers.
I wasn't giving the White Sox much chance this year but seeing this banter, I'd love to see them rip through whatever the NL offers up at the end of the postseason.

MYT
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Mets are making up a rained out game. 1st inning they get 1st and 3rd with 1 out. And don't score then promptly give up two runs the next inning. They are one of the worst situational hitting teams I've ever seen. :lol:

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Black Lives Matter.