Door Kickers 2: Task Force North [PC] - Top Down Tactical Shooter

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

jztemple2

Door Kickers 2: Task Force North [PC] - Top Down Tactical Shooter

Post by jztemple2 »

Rather than continuing the thread Door Kickers [PC] - 2D Top Down Tactical Shooter I decided to start a new thread for Door Kickers 2: Task Force North (Steam link) which is in Early Access to post game news and updates. And we have an update!

Update! New maps, colored paths, customization etc etc
BOOM - colored paths are in!
(how could we forget about those?! But you definitely made sure we remember, hence some hundreds emails on the topic)
Regarding paths, we also added many quality-of-planning options, like being able to switch the current selection using TAB, improving visibility on the currently selected path and a big revamp on the visual side, making complex plans look a lot less cluttered.
We're still not done with it, so expect more improvements on this front.

The customization screen got many improvements as well:
- portrait & name customization
- copy/paste loadouts
- class icons were added to make sure you don't mix your troops up anymore

Two new maps...

...and a lot more, here's the full changelist:

v0.4 (Friday 13th 2020)
- two new maps
- added colored paths option (and many other visual improvements regarding paths, making planning cristal clear now)
- TAB cycles the current trooper selection (sniper target cycle moved to X)
- customize: can now copy/paste loadouts
- customize: can edit trooper names
- customize: can change portraits
- added "reset all paths" button while in planning mode
- added class icons (visible in deploy/customize/tooltips)
- added 'planning mode' phase at the start of the game, which will also keep the game paused in coop until the first Play command
- added tips & tricks section to the in-game menu
- can now choose the next map while hosting a custom coop game
- if a breaching charge is equipped, show potential placement location while drawing the path
- can throw grenades around corners from a bit farther away
- a ton of weapon tuning
- multiple mission endscreen improvements (added 'Hostage casualties' as well as pointing out what improved since the previous run on that map)
- someone made a map with hundreds of civilians which wouldn't work, so we increased the max number of humans a bit
- added and improved characters' tooltips
- can order hostages to stop after you told them to escape
- hostages run after you if you are running
- fixed grenade preview not being consistent with the actual trajectory
- fixed suicide bombers running into cars and generally being dumber than they should
- fixed coop game switching to full pause when both players restart at the same time
- fixed sniper spamming voiceline
- fixed humans sometimes remaining stuck after vaulting
- fixed doors playing open/close sounds when seen after opening and closing
- fixed a couple of crashes
- a ton of fixes and improvements on maps
- a ton of other AI fixes
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
jztemple2

Re: Door Kickers 2: Task Force North [PC] - Top Down Tactical Shooter

Post by jztemple2 »

Things can get hairy on missions. My guy using a camera found a suicide bomber waiting for him on the other side of the door.

My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Here's a look at a very large map. You've got a minute to stop that hostage from being shot, which might seem easy, but there are tangos everywhere with all sorts of weapons, including RPGs and grenades. You've got eight troopers which seems like a lot, but a big fightfire might kill that hostage. I finally did rescue the hostage, but it cost me four troopers :cry:

jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

New update: Three new maps, revamped Rangers look, modded maps and more!
Rangers did look quite similar, right? Well fashion police just dropped by and their looks received a significant revamp, making it much easier to identify which class they belong to and what type of gear they're rocking:

There are also three new maps available (now 30 in total):
Finally, access to some user made maps:
Speaking of maps, we haven't added Steam Workshop support yet (though we'll do that once the engine stops changing), but the awesome Discord community already made something of their own, with over 25 custom maps already available: https://steamcommunity.com/app/1239080/discussions/1/2972901817699740589/
Full patch notes below:
Spoiler:
Full changelist below, with a ton of fixes and QOL changes.

patchnotes v0.6 (26 Nov 2020)
- three new maps
- revamped look for Rangers
- troops now auto-switch to secondary when empty (while shooting the primary)
- mousepick radius is dynamically adjusted with camera height (less chance to fail clicks on troops)
- path colors no longer repeat (if <= 10 troops)
- tweaked mobility stats for gear items
- tweaks to weapon stats
- fixed being able to walk through doors after editing the path
- fixed grenade preview not going through windows/grating doors
- fixed large drapes not getting broken with the Clear Window command
- fixed explosive charges not doing damage through drapes
- fixed a crash in customization screen
- fixed a crash in coop when laggy
- fixed deploy troops number not updating anymore
- less in-game stutters
- fixed grenade target resetting when switching grenade types
- fixed music randomly stopping sometimes
- drawing with rclick uses less bandwidth and drawings stay a bit longer on screen
- fixed a couple of crashes in the editor
- fixed crash for people named Davi
- can close waypoints menu by clicking on the trooper portrait
- no longer showing 'wait for clear' for detonating explosives
- 'wait for clear' is now done before all actions (except look-at), was done after all actions before
- fixed bug where you couldn't select human when standing on a gocode+jump action
- fixed lockpicking sound looping after door gets blown up by RPG
- fixed fleeing civilians counting as hostages on mission end
- fixed menus getting broken sometimes while playing coop
- fixed grenade launcher shooting through walls
- fixed Botclone typo (you owe me 20 bucks)
- fixed rclick not opening customization screen when clicking on undeployed troops
- fixed default weapon attachments not being equipped when switching weapons
- fixed spy camera showing up through walls
- added 'crouch' tutorial
- achievement unlocked: three updates and not even 1 month since release
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Some of the new user maps are pretty fun. Here's a really small map that still requires some thinking, Operation Leeroy Jenkins

This one is clever too, Bring Them Back. The green "rescue square", the place the hostages have to cross to "escape", is outside the physical walls of the building (see the top left of the second image). And the room the hostages are in has only one entrance and that is blocked by a couch. Time for some breaching charges!

$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Thanks for sharing this. Haven't bought in on the early access yet but that's just due to finding the time. It sounds like it plays like a completed game and looking forward to when it's really finished.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

$iljanus wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:26 pm Thanks for sharing this. Haven't bought in on the early access yet but that's just due to finding the time. It sounds like it plays like a completed game and looking forward to when it's really finished.
It definitely does play like a completed game although there are a number of features still missing. For instance, there are no multiple floors on maps. I think that in the original game these didn't work as well as hoped and maybe the devs are holding back this feature till they are more happy with it. The enemy AI is pretty good, although no doubt some of that is due to good scripting on the level design. The change to 3D models is nice and the maps really have a good feel to them.

The biggest issue I see in Early Access is that the weapon stats are all over the place. The default rifle has perfect accuracy while the upgrades to the sights actually detract from that. It doesn't really affect gameplay as these are rather nuances right now. The developers have acknowledged that the stats are still very much a work in progress.

I've played several of the user maps as I noted above and they are reasonably polished. There are small issues on some of them, like walls not quite meeting at intersections and that sort of thing, but mostly they are of good quality. I'm not aware if the maps that end up on that Discord spreadsheet go though any kind of vetting or we've just been lucky with folks posting good stuff. About the only thing I can fault on the user maps I have played is that some don't take advantage of alternate starting positions for the tangos, so when replaying a map you'll find the bad guys in the same places. However, as someone who designed a number of levels for the first game, I can tell you that once you have alternative enemy starting locations and movement it really complicates playtesting and since these are fan made they don't really have a system in place to do good pre-release testing yet. I'm still a bit at a loss with Discord so I'm not really sure what their future plans are.

The devs intend to eventually add Steam Workshop to the game and while that is nice to have more content, in the first game you ended up with a lot of trash maps since making and publishing them was so easy. I kind of hope that the devs might consider something like the Farming Simulator folks use with a developer controlled site for vetting and releasing user content.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

By the way, if anyone wants to whet their appetite on the original game, Door Kickers is on sale on Steam for the next few hours at 80% off.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

This is a really good video that goes through the thought process of executing an assault.

jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Here's a 52s video of the execution of a plan on one of the maps. While it is possible to plan out an entire attack and let it play out, I'm more fond of doing it step by step myself. However, either works fine with DK2.

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Yeah, I don't do the whole planned-out thing. Hell, I Lone-Wolfed the Rainbow Six games.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Isgrimnur wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:14 pm Yeah, I don't do the whole planned-out thing. Hell, I Lone-Wolfed the Rainbow Six games.
Me too :D. I loved all that sneaking around. At some point, or maybe it was a mod I downloaded, the tangos on a level were randomized which gave it replay value. Good DK2 maps will use alternate starting locations and random patrol paths to make them re-playable.

Right now my biggest gripe with user made maps is that so many folks are making huge maps which take a long time to play. Also with big maps you soon run out of tactical gear like flashbangs and grenades.

My other big gripe is that folks are making their maps really hard and then boasting how there is really a solution if you keep trying over and over again. I really don't want to keep playing a map endlessly just to see if I get lucky one time. I just had one map where I was given only two starting soldiers, the map was good sized and the walls wouldn't allow breaching charges to be used. Plus a hostage was going to be executed in 1:30 to boot :roll:.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Those people should go play Super Mario Maker 2.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Here's an example of what I was talking about above. Four houses to be searched for a missing VIP, who has to be extracted to the top of the map. You can ignore the three 5 minute timers, the hostages aren't part of the victory conditions and if they die it doesn't affect the outcome; weird I know. You've got four troopers to do all this and only one starting location at the bottom of the map.

Happily there are 30 developer made maps in the game right now so there's lots of gameplay there without even attempting the user maps. And more maps are being added with each update. What I'm really looking forward to is something that was in the original game, a mission generator which would use a given map but add randomized tangos and other elements. That might be a ways off however.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

This is a simple map I made to test the behavior of the AI. In this version there are three Concealed Insurgent tangos in a small building. The sniper is placed so I have a camera to watch the action. I move my trooper to trigger a reaction from the tangos and then he goes and hides. It is interesting to see how the tangos go search for him. I have run this map several times and each time the AI behaves differently.

jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

I built another map, using my home as the basis. I'll use this map as a template from which to build a combat mission.

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

*Takes notes for the raid*
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Blackhawk wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:58 pm *Takes notes for the raid*
:D

Be careful not to trip over all the boxes of xmas decorations strewn about.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

I made a combat mission of the map I showed above, Google Drive link

Briefing:
You are tasked with entering the noted building and securing the three hostages known to be held there. We have no deadline from the hostage takers so you are encouraged to take your time. It is known that the enemy will start executing the hostages if they believe a rescue is in progress, so when the situation goes hot you shouldn't delay.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

I'm really enjoying playing with the mission editor. It is easier to use than the one in the original game and it helps that the AI of the tangos is pretty good. You don't have to do a lot of scripting to get a map that plays differently each time.

Just as a reminder, you can go to this Google Forms page to download maps to play. Unzip the file into a new folder "maps_wip" with this path, C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DoorKickers2\data\maps_wip in your DK2 installation. When you fire up DK2 and select "Missions" at the top of the column on the left you'll see the catagory "Your Creations" and the map will be in there.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

New update for the game (which is in Early Access, btw), "Silence is Golden" Update. Suppressed weapons, a random map generator, more new missions plus other stuff.

Entire article:
Stealth is in!
Ranger Assaulters can now equip the ultra-cool Mp5SD, while all classes get the Suppressed M9 for those special guys that just ... need to disappear. To help with planning, a new behavior switch (Go Silent / Go Loud) was added. Use the waypoints menu to toggle it on a specific spot, or the Shift+F shortcut to quickly toggle it for the entire team.

Remember, all units can go Silent, regardless of the weapon equipped.

Mission generator is in!
First (experimental) version of the new RMG is in! It can build random, realistic structures based on design guidelines. We still have lot of improvements to make and stuff to add, but it should already give you a ton of realistic looking missions! Please let us know which missions you enjoy most or if there's any that just look completely ridiculous!

Nothing compares to handcrafted missions though, so you have 5 new custom single missions to have fun in, and there's even some surprises for you to discover!

But wait, there's more: all new gun sounds, and, by request, you can finally play custom maps in coop. While we don't have Steam Workshop support yet, having the editor available won't stop anyone from making maps, so here's a list the fine people on our Discord have put together:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/1239080/ ... 699740589/

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, everyone!

Your Devs @ KillHouse Games

- new weapons: Mp5A5, Mp5SD6, Suppressed M9 plus MK18 and M16A4 grenadier combos
- added switch for Go Silent / Go Loud
- all new gun sounds
- Assaulters no longer sling their primaries on the back, but keep them upfront for faster access
- custom maps can now be played in coop (if both players have them)
- various balance changes to weapons
- flimsy doors get destroyed by 40mm
- increased smoke grenade duration to 14 sec
- multiple improvements and fixes for enemy AI
- fixed enemies not taking damage when inside smoke grenades
- fixed enemy VIP surrendering at friendly VIP
- no longer freezing in place with WaitForClear while targetting a blind-firing enemy
- editor: user prefabs don't get overwritten anymore (saved to a different file in the user documents folder)
- editor: added "show in folder" button in MapSettings popup, option to show reachable areas, fixed issues with rotation, ctrl+mwheel scales selection, new maps are added to single missions without restarting the game
- many other small fixes and improvements
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Was watching Youtube vid where two real marines play DK2. Now that's some real professionalism at work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IBDuDWbvvQ
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Kasey Chang wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:14 am Was watching Youtube vid where two real marines play DK2. Now that's some real professionalism at work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IBDuDWbvvQ
Thanks for posting that video :D

Good tutorial video on how to make maps:

jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

patchnotes v0.8 (27 Dec 2020)
- fixed enemies spawning outside map and freezing there
- fixed crash related to enemies spawning outside the map
- fixed crash for when primary weapon was missing but still had an attachment
- fixed "Continue" sometimes loading the wrong mission
- Fergie (or any armed hostage/VIP) will no longer disappear when going over rescue zones
- fix for issue where using F on a single trooper would make all silenced troops fire
- silenced troops open doors with lockpick by default (instead of crowbar)
- fixed several bugs related to missions
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I appreciate this thread. I got this during Wishlistmas, and am just waiting until I have a slot free to tackle it.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Blackhawk wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:14 am I appreciate this thread. I got this during Wishlistmas, and am just waiting until I have a slot free to tackle it.
I'm playing it on breaks from Cyberpunk 2077. The game is fully playable now with lots of maps. I'll keep posting info as I come across it.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

jztemple2 wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:40 am
Blackhawk wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:14 am I appreciate this thread. I got this during Wishlistmas, and am just waiting until I have a slot free to tackle it.
I'm playing it on breaks from Cyberpunk 2077. The game is fully playable now with lots of maps. I'll keep posting info as I come across it.
Love reading your updates and finally bought the game too! Now just need to carve out some time to play it. Looking forward to doing some stealth approaches and taking down bad people.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

The video below is an example of an interesting fan made map. The replay shown was recorded by the user since exporting video replays, which was in the first game, is still not (yet?) a part of DK2. Note the extensive use of the off-map sniper. This map is also another example of some of the newer "outdoors" maps being made by fans, since DK2 isn't necessarily emphasizing urban or suburban environments.

Also, for those who aren't familiar with the game, this is an example of "single plan" gameplay, where the player has laid out the entire sequence of actions by their operatives for end-to-end execution. This isn't the only way to play the game of course. Personally I prefer my method of "plan a bit, move a bit" which makes the game feel almost turn based. The gameplay engine uses pauseable real time action, where you can pause at any time, lay out new movement and actions, and then unpause. Also, the off-map sniper uses AI to move their sight line and focus on a tango, but the player must actually execute the shot. "Single Plan" gameplay looks impressive, but I'm willing to bet that the player ran through their sequence any number of times before getting a "perfect" plan :D

jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

For those who have DK2 and are looking for a bit of fun :mrgreen:, with one simple XML edit you can see your missions in 3D, like this:

Go to C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Local\KillHouseGames\DoorKickers2 and edit the file options.xml to change the line
<DevMode value="false"/>
to read
<DevMode value="true"/>
This will enable developer mode, which I will warn you is totally unsupported by the devs :wink:. When you start the game you'll see a lot of data streaming in the top left. Start a mission and then press F1 (also might be Cntl+F1, some users have reported this being the needed sequence). Use WASD and the Q and R keys to move the camera. You can't play from this perspective but it does allow for a cool look at the map.

jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

OK, try again...

This is one of the Door Kickers 2 Extreme Rescues mission and I had some problems figuring out how to get into the compound without suffering major casualties or losing the hostage in the open. This recording shows my (finally) successful method for the first half-minute. I did lost one operative in this playthrough, but with a tweak I was able to earn my three stars as shown on the opening screen. I've put it into spoiler tags just in case someone hasn't tried it yet.
Spoiler:
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

I've uploaded a new map to the community missions spreadsheet, it should be there this afternoon. It's called "Putting The Bag On Krako" which is an homage to a mission I made for the original game called "A Piece of the Action". If you don't get the cultural references then go ask your grandparents :wink:. You are doing an HVT abduction from an enemy stronghold. Extract the HVT and try not to get your team killed!

Also a new update: Patch 0.9 (bugfixing and quality-of-life improvements)
patchnotes v0.9 (6 Jan 2021)

- ctrl+c/ctrl+v shortcuts for copy/paste loadouts
- fixed doors getting blown up by stinger/flashes. They get opened by frag grenades and obliterated by grenade launchers.
- can have troopers order HVTs & Hostages to follow them
- no longer losing stars after completing objectives but not full-clearing maps on Abduction/Extraction scenarios
- weapon tuning
- fixed tooltips showing incorrect quantity for some items
- fixed grenades trajectory not being consistent with actual trajectory
- issuing a "Switch weapon" command will cancel ongoing Reload commands
- fixed interacting civs not being spooked by stingers
- fixed triggers spawning enemies outside the map
- fixed cases where HVT was not controllable after arrest
- stealth troopers now auto-shoot at enemies that are about to shoot at a friendly
- fixed stealth troops auto-shooting when an enemy VIP would see them
- fixed VIPs escaping through Escape Zones
- editor: fixed "resize" option saving the map in the base game folder instead of the user one
- fixed executioner crash when killing the last hostage
- fixed missing smoke/frag icons in tooltip
- fixed copied loadout not pasting after closing customization screen
- fixed crash when blowing up door while being opened
- fixed HVT remaining arrested after cancelling arrest
- fixed not being able to select human when he was just about to jump over things
- fixed a crash related to blowing up things
- less stutters (added more things to the preloading step)
- various other item/map fixes
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Wrong site - we are the grandparents. And if there isn't a fizzbin table, I'm downvoting.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Blackhawk wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:10 pm Wrong site - we are the grandparents. And if there isn't a fizzbin table, I'm downvoting.
:D
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

3D models of your operatives:

jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

I've reached sixty hours in the game, which is pretty unusual for me playing an early access game. Aside from the great maps that have already come from the developers, we are now approaching one hundred community made maps uploaded to a spreadsheet here. I've got two on there now and should have a third one showing up soon. Additionally, over on the Discord server, folks are posting the first editions of their maps to get some community feedback before uploading them to the spreadsheet.

Here's a little sample from one of them, a junction of hallways that's already seen a lot of action.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

New update: Improved missions generator, new armor types, full pre-planning and more
patchnotes v0.10 (29 Jan 2021)
- five new Armor types
- new ammo types for all 9mm firearms
- two new custom maps
- much improved map generator (better maps, faster generation, much wow)
- you can now pre-plan through walls that are about to be breached
- added "remove all" option when deploying
- waypoints menu shows *uncommited* quantity for items (subtracting the ones already planned)
- new item types: glass walls and doors
- game and editor load faster
- improved FPS for large maps and a lot of humans
- increased max number of humans supported on a map
- fixed enemies not reacting to dead bodies anymore
- fixed not waiting for gocodes when doors/targets would get destroyed
- fixed multiple enemy AI issues
- fixed multiple input/controls issues
- multiple other fixes and quality-of-life improvements
- modding: 3dsmax plugin for exporting KHM files (see DoorKickers2/tools/)
Some further info:
The inability to plan beyond wall breaches has been a huge hindrance, not anymore. You can now set up your plans all the way through:
And a look at the new armor:
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Boy, they really did beef up the random map generator. Take a look at this:

jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

New update out for DK2:
patchnotes v0.11 (4 Feb 2021)
- fixed wrong UI count shown for used explosives/grenades
- fixed explosives disappearing when cancelling action
- fixed projectiles no longer destroying walls
- fixed dynamic hammer action not cancelling correctly
- fix for humans going through walls, related to breaching charges
- fixed crash when opening/closing editor right after opening the game
- fixed/improved physics for various objects
- various fixes for new/random maps
- editor: triggers can spawn any kind of human
- editor: triggers can spawn enemies on a path
- editor: triggers can destroy targeted objects
- editor: added trigger delay and repeat times
- the 'O' key spawns a football that you can play with until the next update
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Update: Timebombs, challenges, plan saving and more
---
What's new overview:
Bomb defusals, three new missions, per-mission challenges, much improved mission generator, new weapon stats display, previous plans are saved, exploding barrels and many other improvements.

---
There's a new mission type in town: Bomb Defusal.
Make sure you fail this objective at least once, we don't want to let the work we put into environment destruction go to waste :(
Additionally, each mission now has three optional challenges, a mix of these: Clock Race, Clean Run, Undetected, Lone Wolf, No Pause and - the often forgotten, but not by us - Single Plan.

---
We completely revamped how weapon stats are displayed! This should now give you more info about the nuances of how weapons work and how they compare to each other in Door Kickers 2.
It's not something you usually see in games, so you'll either love us or hate us for this:

--
The mission generator has again received a very consistent update, in terms of quality and quantity.
There's still work left to be done, especially on large open spaces, but you'll find that at least the apartment maps will offer infinite variation:

As usual, expect weapons tuning and details to completely change a couple of times until we fully release the game.
---
Your plans are now saved!
Where before they would get deleted once you closed the game, they're now kept persistently on your hard drive, allowing you to iterate over large plans in multiple sessions.
Beware though, future updates might/will delete them (the 'beauty' of Early Access).

---
What's next:
While we like to keep things surprising, a couple of things we can say are on the priority list are replays and Steam Workshop support. Replays because they're pretty cool and you already know they're coming, and workshop (for maps only) because the map making community is already putting out tons of awesome maps which you should definitely play!

The community-moderated modded maps list is here:
https://gs-scroller.appspot.com/e/2PACX ... 1064918187

In other map-making news: check out the tutorials this guy (Void) is making:

Easy link to our Discord, where all the map-making is happening:
https://discord.gg/doorkickers

---
full changelist:
Spoiler:
- three new missions
- added per-mission challenges: clock race, clean run, undetected, single trooper, single plan
- new mission type: bomb defusal
- overhaul for how weapon stats are displayed
- the previous plan is saved persistently (even after game restart)
- much improved missions generator
- look-at waypoints will stack with 'wait for clear' waypoints
- new visuals for look-at arrows
- added 'next mission' button for quickly iterating through random maps (also useful for changing maps in coop)
- Steam Remote Play: fixed broken mouse movement
- projectile explosions no longer do damage to humans that are crouched behind cover
- drapes break when shot at
- exploding barrels / propane tank will now do damage
- fixed humans getting stuck at mission start or in front of walls
- random maps only give stars once per seed
- made action waypoints' collisions smaller (you can add them closer together)
- coop: now showing the number of deployable troops for each map
- coop: fixed a bug where deploy slots weren't split efficiently between clients
- coop: fixed bug where synced players would randomly unpause
- coop: fixed bug where partner's gocodes were shown as yours
- coop: while playing real-time, waypoints no longer activate when unpaused
- coop: fixed a bug where the previous plan would get wiped
- coop: players without troops aren't allowed to pause the game in sync mode
- modding: scaling works properly for all types of entities
- modding: new entity type that deals damage
- modding: fixed several crashes/bugs related to extremely large custom maps
- modding: triggers cand turn lights off
- many improvements/fixes related to path-feel and things
- fixed a couple of issues with the GO Silent toggle
- fixed glitch were your troops would twitch erratically
- customization "back" button works more towards as it's supposed to
- fixed crash when too many footballs were added
- fixed civs not following trigger paths
- fixed AI stopping in doors
- arrow keys scroll speed is now the same as the screen edge speed (specified by options slider)
- mapgen spedup generation on big buildings (~10-15%)
- fixed civilians/hostages being immune to all grenades
- fixed HVTs being rescued without having to arrest them
- fixed several bugs related to incorrectly restoring the previous plan
- fixed infinite melee when cornering an enemy
- fixed AI triggered to run being distracted by silly things like dead friends or gunshots
- fixed AI being stuck staring at dead bodies forever
- many other fixes and improvements.
- we probably added many new bugs as well
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Another update: "Would you like to (RE)play a game?"
Replays are in! You are now able to review your plays and marvel at your awesome tactics. Or sheer luck. Hopefully, both :)

Also included: four new maps (including a new chapter), new enemies and many other improvements and QOL changes, see full changelist below.

This was supposed to be a much larger update, but we decided to split it in half to get you replays sooner. We also thought all fixes should be out sooner rather than later.

Have fun - and Steam Workshop is next!

Full changelist:
- 4 new maps
- replays: can now review your plays
- 2 new enemy types - Bodyguards
- new sounds for various equipment/explosions/ambiental sounds
- doors open faster when kicked than when opened by hand
- various graphics and QOL improvements
- fixed freeze on Intel GPUs (the one which mostly happened when shooting the sniper)
- fixed grenade launcher preview being different from actual trajectory
- fixed not being able to pass through some doors/windows
- fixed bug where troops would get stuck after placing explosives on doors/walls
- fixed slowdown in coop when using the drawing function
- fixed multiple issues on generated maps
- fixed startled Civilians causing the Stealth challenge to fail
- fixed troops getting stuck while vaulting
- fixed a couple of crashes
- fixed doors showing as closed even though they were opened
- fixed a bug where explosives+jump on a window would happen the other way around
- faster loading for large maps
- proper implementation for sliding doors
- fixed firing animation looping indefinitely
- fixed missing UI elements for armor
- added rain effect
- consumable equipment items which have been consumed no longer consume mobility points
- editor: option to rotate map 180
- modding: triggers can now enable/disable other triggers
- modding: fixed triggers not repeating Light and Sound effects
- lowered volume for dog barking sound which would cause distress to real dogs