Election integrity and the transfer of power

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Smoove_B

Re: Election integrity and the transfer of power

Post by Smoove_B »

El Guapo wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:23 pm If this gets tied back to Trump's inner circle then it gets more interesting. Though still not the "WE GOT HIM!!!" bombshell that guy was seemingly touting it as.
How about this?

It is now from five states (up from yesterday's three) that we have obtained forged elector documents created by Republicans. How did the Trump DOJ know that two weeks earlier, Republicans in at least five states had created forged elector documents?
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Again I will rant about the ills of social media, and more specifically how algorithm-based platforms for delivery/marketing are REALLY starting to piss me off.

So the tweet I posted yesterday, which had very much a "WE GOT 'EM NOW!!!" vibe, tweeted...twatted, TWATE?! from some dude whom I have no connection, is not someone I follow, or have looked up, etc. I have no idea who that guy was, or why HIS was particular tweet was chosen to be delivered as a notification to my phone that morning. Hell, I don't even USE Twitter. I did create an account when they first launched just to see what it was, but in that time, I have probably made 20 posts or less. And most of those are probably replies and retweets. So it's not like they have a ton of tweet data on me (other than the few that I have read) like I've been doing it for years.

So this morning, I get another tweet, VERY similar to the one I posted yesterday. Same...format: unknown (to me) author, but exact same theme and vibe: "JUST IN!! NOW we REALLY got him1!! Check this out1!" And they proceed to talk about equally unlikely 'news' that will tie the election fraud directly to Trump. He's going to jail now, boyyyyeeee!!! :grund:

You know what, Twitter? Fuck you. And all the Twitter twats that spew this shit on a constant basis to get....fame? Followers? Money? Ego boost? Maybe all of those, but I'm done. It's so damn sordid. And yeah, I know it's just a platform, and that this is just a...culmination of human behavior...but the fact that these platforms HONE that, to me, worst side of humanity, is...depressing. Man, I am getting old and crotchety! :D and :angry-tappingfoot: :character-oldtimer: :chores-mowlawn: :obscene-birdiered:

Oh, BTW, the tweet this morning:

"BREAKING:

NY Times is reporting that federal prosecutors are asking indicted rioters to admit that they attacked the Capitol at Trump’s request.

This is a huge indication the DOJ is going after Trump."
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Lol, that last one wasn't from Seth Abramson, was it? Though it would have been followed with a 1/4586 with his thoughts so maybe not.
Hodor.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

The 2024 election will be the biggest shit show since, well probably ever, whether Florida Man is still alive or not. The Repugnicans have realized they need never lose another election.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Damn it, we’re all screwed:

Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Grifman wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:09 pm Damn it, we’re all screwed:

Off his meds again I see.

What's the name of the disorder where your brain has no concept of numbers (or reality)?
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Jaymann wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:01 pm The 2024 election will be the biggest shit show since, well probably ever, whether Florida Man is still alive or not. The Repugnicans have realized they need never lose another election.
Agree
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

U.S. population = 332,915,073. That leaves 32 million to imprison the rest of the population. Infrastructure much?

Oh, and that would mean at least 50 million of them voted for Florida man.

And the justice department is overloaded by a few hundred domestic tourist attackers.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:20 pm What's the name of the disorder where your brain has no concept of numbers
Dyscalculia
It's almost as if people are the problem.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Isgrimnur wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:27 pm
Carpet_pissr wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:20 pm What's the name of the disorder where your brain has no concept of numbers
Dyscalculia
I assume eating garlic and being exposed to sunlight are not options for the afflicted?
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

stessier wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:51 pm
Dyscalculia
I assume eating garlic and being exposed to sunlight are not options for the afflicted?
Not in the short-to-medium term.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

stessier wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:51 pm
Dyscalculia
Did you just make a Sesame Street reference, sir?!
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Jaymann wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:22 pm U.S. population = 332,915,073. That leaves 32 million to imprison the rest of the population. Infrastructure much?

Classic 90/10. Will the infants be inmates or guards?
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

The ones that voted are inmates, the rest are in charge now.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Cut the guy a break, he's a pillow salesman not a mathematician! :D
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:54 pm
Jaymann wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:22 pm U.S. population = 332,915,073. That leaves 32 million to imprison the rest of the population. Infrastructure much?

Classic 90/10. Will the infants be inmates or guards?
malchior

Post by malchior »

LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Twitter feed leads to this guy

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/po ... 940817002/

I note Jake defines himself as Christian above all else. It's sickening. How do Christians let themselves associate with this enduring toxic garbage?
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

LordMortis wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:26 am Twitter feed leads to this guy

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/po ... 940817002/

I note Jake defines himself as Christian above all else. It's sickening. How do Christians let themselves associate with this enduring toxic garbage?
Like with many things, the perception of being (or not being) something is more important for some people than ACTUALLY being (or not) that thing. But it does seem we are at "HYPOCRISY LEVEL 11" here.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

There are also a lot of blinders up there. For many, the big issues - abortion, gay marriage, a perceived 'attack on religion' - trump (no pun intended) all else. All they see are those big tentpoles, and everything else contrary to their belief system is explained away/minimized/put out of mind.
malchior

Post by malchior »

That guy was picked because he was a hypocrite and a loyalist. Good people don't try to steal elections. They try to win the next one based on their values.

Anyway, what's becoming clear is that there was indeed a concerted effort to overturn the election even if it wasn't fully baked. It largely indicates that there was an attempt at an autocoup.

From the Senate report page 19, Clark urged action to challenge the electors in GA as a proof of concept to overturn the result of the election.
Clark attached a draft letter to this email titled “Georgia Proof of Concept” and addressed to Georgia Governor Brian Kemp, Speaker of the Georgia House David Ralston, and President Pro Tempore of the Georgia Senate Butch Miller.111 Although Clark’s draft was addressed to elected officials in Georgia, his transmittal email proposed sending a version of the letter to “each contested state”—according to Rosen, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin, Arizona and Nevada.
Over the next few days leading up to January 6th, there was escalating pressure from the WH on the DOJ to file lawsuits and otherwise intervene on Trump's behalf to overturn the election. Keep in mind Barr cowardly absconded from the AG's job just prior to this to get out of blast radius. He saw what was clearly coming. Facing internal DOJ resistance Clark was nearly made acting AG. Only a concerted threat of mass resignations put that to rest. And we now know that Hannity was in the loop and apparently advising Trump. Especially that he thought the optics of everyone at the top of DOJ resigning would foil the plot.

As to the forged elector ballots, in his book Navarro blatantly said they were hoping objections and pressure on Pence to invalidate the results would give them space to submit alternate electors to Congress. Lo and behold we've now discovered there are actual forged alternate elector ballots. All related to the critical states that Clark wrote about. It's hard to think that a coincidence. And we likely are missing a lot of the puzzle but what we know should have these guys at least facing an investigation from the DOJ. But what are we seeing? Bupkis.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:20 pm
Grifman wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:09 pm Damn it, we’re all screwed:

Off his meds again I see.

What's the name of the disorder where your brain has no concept of (or reality)?
Republicanism
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Hundreds of absentee ballots being rejected under Texas' new voting rules.
Hundreds of Texans seeking to vote by mail in the upcoming March primary elections are seeing their applications for ballots rejected by local election offices trying to comply with stricter voting rules enacted by Texas Republicans last year.

Election officials in some of the state’s largest counties are rejecting an alarming number of mail-in applications because they don’t meet the state’s new identification requirements. Some applications are being rejected because of a mismatch between the new identification requirements and the data the state has on file to verify voters.

In Harris County, 208 applications — roughly 16% of the 1,276 applications received so far — have been rejected based on the new rules. That includes 137 applications on which voters had not filled out the new ID requirements and 71 applications that included an ID number that wasn’t in the voter’s record.

In Travis County, officials said they’ve rejected about half of the roughly 700 applications they’ve received so far, with the “vast majority” of rejections based on the new voting law.
SHOCKING! (OK, not shocking at all)
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Skinypupy wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:28 pm Hundreds of absentee ballots being rejected under Texas' new voting rules.
Hundreds of Texans seeking to vote by mail in the upcoming March primary elections are seeing their applications for ballots rejected by local election offices trying to comply with stricter voting rules enacted by Texas Republicans last year.

Election officials in some of the state’s largest counties are rejecting an alarming number of mail-in applications because they don’t meet the state’s new identification requirements. Some applications are being rejected because of a mismatch between the new identification requirements and the data the state has on file to verify voters.

In Harris County, 208 applications — roughly 16% of the 1,276 applications received so far — have been rejected based on the new rules. That includes 137 applications on which voters had not filled out the new ID requirements and 71 applications that included an ID number that wasn’t in the voter’s record.

In Travis County, officials said they’ve rejected about half of the roughly 700 applications they’ve received so far, with the “vast majority” of rejections based on the new voting law.
SHOCKING! (OK, not shocking at all)
Important to note that these are applications for absentee ballots, not the ballots themselves. Hopefully the applicants are informed of the rejection and someone can figure out what is happening with the "mismatched" IDs.

There is still time to make sure the ballots get out and votes are counted.

"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
malchior

Post by malchior »

Sure but the point is to make voting inconvenient. Mission accomplished.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

This is certainly interesting;

Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
malchior

Post by malchior »

Eh, that read like justice fantasy verging on click bait. We can't investigate the guy let alone somehow use some obscure law to keep him off the ballot.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Although it could work to keep convicted domestic tourist attackers off any ballots.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Interesting. Not sure anyone has more pull in Alabama than Saban.

Nick Saban and Jerry West are among five signers of a letter pushing West Virginia Sen. Joe Manchin to support the Senate’s voting rights bill.

Saban and West endorsed Manchin’s 2018 re-election bid.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Skinypupy wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:46 pm Interesting. Not sure anyone has more pull in Alabama than Saban.

Then why isn't he writing letters to Tuberville? :lol:

(I get that Machin is the strategic linchpin, just find it crazy the state of Alabama football and politics).

MYT
malchior

Post by malchior »

Skinypupy wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:46 pm Interesting. Not sure anyone has more pull in Alabama than Saban.
And within minutes I'm seeing angry tirades against Saban.

Edit: And also the hypocrites. "Destroying our elections".

Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Damn, that took balls IMO. He went from "meh" for me, to "you rock, sir".

And your commercials aren't terrible.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Somewhere msduncan's head is exploding.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Alefroth wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:28 pm Somewhere msduncan's head is exploding.
LOL! He is very likely having a VERY bad day today. I'm picturing a Gollumesque scene:
WE LOVES HIM!
Noooo, WE HATES HIM! Tricksy SABANSEESSS
BUT LOOK WHAT HE DID FOR US, AND OUR VERY IDEA OF SELF WORTH WHICH IS DIRECTLY TIED TO HOW THE ALABAMA FOOTBALL PERFORMS!?!
BUT LOOKS AT WHAT HE SAYS TODAYYYYYY?!?! WE HATESSS HIM
Wait, thinnnnnk!!! Is Sabansssssss a LIBERAL?!!?
Nooooooo!
YES!! It's possible!! He's TRICKSY
BUT maybe it's just THIS THING he's worried about?!!? THEN HE COULD STILL not be a liberalssss!? RIGHT?
YEs!
Nooo
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:34 pm
Alefroth wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:28 pm Somewhere msduncan's head is exploding.
LOL! He is very likely having a VERY bad day today. I'm picturing a Gollumesque scene:
WE LOVES HIM!
BUT LOOK WHAT HE DID FOR US, AND OUR VERY IDEA OF SELF WORTH WHICH IS DIRECTLY TIED TO HOW THE ALABAMA FOOTBALL PERFORMS!?!
Nooooooo!
BUT maybe it's just THIS THING he's worried about?!!? THEN HE COULD STILL not be a liberalssss!? RIGHT?
YEs!
Nooo
:clap: :lol:
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

gbasden wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:43 pm
WE LOVES HIM!
Nooooooo!
YEs!
Nooo
He has talked in the past about a conflict that he has with 'bama football wherein a Tide championship tends to correlate with Democratic success in politics. So he may support it in that if it does boost Democratic fortunes it may also boost 'bama's chances of another title.
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

malchior wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:02 pm Eh, that read like justice fantasy verging on click bait. We can't investigate the guy let alone somehow use some obscure law to keep him off the ballot.
Agreed. Plus fooling around with letting states disqualify presidential candidates is extremely dangerous when the GOP has a governance lock on so many state governments.
Black Lives Matter.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

gbasden wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:43 pm
WE LOVES HIM!
Nooooooo!
YEs!
Nooo
+1
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

And here's the predictable outcome of all this bullshit. :evil:

After passing omnibus anti-voter bill SB 202, GA's GOP-led state legislature disbanded and reconstituted Lincoln County's Board of Elections. Now, that BOE is poised to close all 7 of Lincoln County's precincts, opting instead for just 1 centralized voting location.

This massive shuttering of voting locations will require residents—particularly Black and brown residents—to travel UP TO 28 MILES from all over Lincoln County to vote at their 1 remaining precinct.

“I don’t think anything concerning voter suppression and Senate Bill 202 was by happenstance or coincidence,” said the Rev. Denise Freeman, who lives in the Broad River area. “I think it was well thought-out and planned.”

The Freedom to Vote: John R. Lewis Act requires the equitable distribution of polling places so EVERY eligible American has access to the ballot box.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I'm shocked that they may be using this to block "certain" people from having a fair vote. So freaking depressing.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com