Election integrity and the transfer of power

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Alefroth

Re: Election integrity and the transfer of power

Post by Alefroth »

What the hell does mathematically impossible even mean?
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

He named exactly 0 names. Also if he trusts unnamed mathematicians not related to the election as experts does he also trust the mass of named epidemiologists on the spread of COVID? Or does he think something stupid like a vitamin pack will cure the world of COVID? Or perhaps we should trust his sources the same way can trust his sources on Wuhan Lab creation of the virus?
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Alefroth wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:06 pm What the hell does mathematically impossible even mean?
Look, they did the math, and once you combine all the numbers, it means Trump wins. I don't know what else you want here.
Black Lives Matter.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

LordMortis wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:21 pm He named exactly 0 names. Also if he trusts unnamed mathematicians not related to the election as experts does he also trust the mass of named epidemiologists on the spread of COVID? Or does he think something stupid like a vitamin pack will cure the world of COVID? Or perhaps we should trust his sources the same way can trust his sources on Wuhan Lab creation of the virus?
Note, he didn't even say "mathematicians". He said "hedge fund managers". I have no idea why someone would ask a hedge fund manager to crunch numbers... I mean, maybe there is some math involved, but... It's like asking Nate Silver for advice on epidemiology. And that's setting aside the issue of how these numbers are even going to prove anything here.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I just spoke with 17 snow globes and they all agreed those numbers add up.
Covfefe!
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Add up to... Rosebud?
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

hepcat wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:28 pmI just spoke with 17 snow globes and they all agreed those numbers add up.
Counterpoint, they did have a single witness that reported a single van behind a counting center somewhere.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

TheMix wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:15 pm
LordMortis wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:21 pm He named exactly 0 names. Also if he trusts unnamed mathematicians not related to the election as experts does he also trust the mass of named epidemiologists on the spread of COVID? Or does he think something stupid like a vitamin pack will cure the world of COVID? Or perhaps we should trust his sources the same way can trust his sources on Wuhan Lab creation of the virus?
Note, he didn't even say "mathematicians". He said "hedge fund managers". I have no idea why someone would ask a hedge fund manager to crunch numbers... I mean, maybe there is some math involved, but... It's like asking Nate Silver for advice on epidemiology. And that's setting aside the issue of how these numbers are even going to prove anything here.
He did say "I talked to all the top hedge fund guys in the world all mathematicians"
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

LordMortis wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:23 am
TheMix wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:15 pm
He did say "I talked to all the top hedge fund guys in the world all mathematicians"
Oh. That must have been in the clip. Sorry. I just went off the text. There was no way I wanted to actually listen to it. I'm trying my best to insulate what few remaining brain cells I have. I can't afford any more suiciding. :(

I concede the point.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Mike Lindell is hiding away a Colorado election official from the FBI investigation in a "safe house". One other thing I'll note Glenn Kirschner spent the beginning of this year saying that investigations take awhile and we needed to be patient. In the last few weeks, he has transitioned towards a more insistent angle which is essentially questioning the lack of urgency or transparency we are seeing out the Merrick Garland and Christopher Wray led DOJ and FBI.

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Yeah, openly declaring that you're hiding a fugitive from the police seems like the kind of thing that ought to get you arrested in pretty much any functioning society.
Black Lives Matter.
malchior

Post by malchior »

El Guapo wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:38 am Yeah, openly declaring that you're hiding a fugitive from the police seems like the kind of thing that ought to get you arrested in pretty much any functioning society.
It has me warily eyeing the FBI. I still don't think they're institutionally Trump-leaning even but WTF is going on with them?

Edit: Not that I think they should be kicking down doors based on this report. I more mean we are seeing a lot of collateral lawlessness on the back of Trump and 1/6 and no one of any central import has really been swept up. A few folks here and there and foot soldiers. It just feels ... off.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

malchior wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:02 am Mike Lindell is hiding away a Colorado election official
Just want to mention that this official is from Mesa County, part of Lauren Boebert territory. We in 'non-batshit-insane' Colorado felt the need to clarify.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Alefroth wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:06 pm What the hell does mathematically impossible even mean?
Wow, you must be dense.

IF Biden received more votes than Trump
THEN Trump won.

Math? IMPOSSIBLE
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

I know some hedge fund guys, though admittedly not "the top" hedge fund guys. They would lie their asses of to Bannon for any number of reasons it it suited their goals. Or even if they just thought it would be funny.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Breaking: The House just approved the John R. Lewis Voting Rights Advancement Act.

The bill was passed 219-212. Zero Republicans voting for it.
So concerned about voting that zero voted for it. So. Very. Concerned. I wonder why? I'm sure there's a reason. I'll need to read up on this and see if I can puzzle out why.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

"Election security".

I mean, we can't have rules and regulations that make it easier for those people to vote. Perish the thought!
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

No, not that Florida Man...

Florida man catches COVID, delaying $6M Arizona vote “audit”
In a development that’s sure to fan the flames of a thousand conspiracy theories, a report from the presidential election “audit” in Arizona has been delayed because COVID-19 has swept through the private company running the show.

“The team expected to have the full draft ready for the Senate today, but unfortunately, Cyber Ninjas CEO Doug Logan and two other members of the five-person audit team have tested positive for COVID-19 and are quite sick,” Arizona Senate President Karen Fann said in a statement. It’s not clear whether any of the people were vaccinated against the virus.

Though state Republicans launched the spectacle, politicians from both parties have panned the so-called audit. Election experts have called the exercise “deeply reprehensible," saying that it more closely resembles a “clown show” than an audit. The Maricopa County Board of Supervisors, all but one of whom are Republicans, said in a letter, “Your ‘auditors’ are in way over their heads.”

The company doing the “audit,” Cyber Ninjas, does not have any experience auditing elections, and its CEO does not appear to be nonpartisan; he has tweeted "#StoptheSteal" and voiced his support for former President Trump. “I’m tired of hearing people say there was no fraud,” he said in a tweet archived by the Arizona Mirror. The company is legally based in Florida, though CNN discovered that its business address sits vacant, while the address on its contract with the Arizona Senate is a rented UPS mailbox.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Man they aren't even good at making shit up. Just doctor some numbers and throw the report out there. :lol: Only the idiots are going to believe any of it anyway and they aren't exactly hard to convince.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Max Peck wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:54 pm

“The team expected to have the full draft ready for the Senate today, but unfortunately, Cyber Ninjas CEO Doug Logan and two other members of the five-person audit team have tested positive for COVID-19 and are quite sick,” Arizona Senate President Karen Fann said in a statement. It’s not clear whether any of the people were vaccinated against the virus.
I mean, I think I have a pretty good guess.
Black Lives Matter.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Law and Crime
A federal judge sent a strong message to each of the so-called “Kraken” lawyers behind litigation to upend the 2020 election, ordering that they be referred for a professional conduct investigation and “possible suspension or disbarment.” The attorneys include pro-Trump lawyers Lin Wood and Sidney Powell.
Parker’s pronouncement was similarly unequivocal that “this case was never about fraud,” a phrase she emphasized in italics.

t was about undermining the People’s faith in our democracy and debasing the judicial process to do so,” she added, in her own emphasis.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

I didn't see Ken Paxton's name anywhere in there. He absolutely should go down with them for the exact same reason.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

This Ken Paxton?
Nearly 11 months after Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton’s former top aides accused him of accepting bribes, Paxton’s office on Tuesday published a 374-page internal report that concludes he's innocent of the allegations.
In a statement, attorneys for the whistleblowers, said the “takeaway from this internal report is that, although Ken Paxton remains under active federal investigation, the people who still work for Paxton say he did nothing wrong.” The FBI is reportedly investigating the claims by Paxton’s former employees.

“Notably, whoever in Paxton’s office wrote this report was not willing to put their name on it. Of course, the one-sided internal report is full of half-truths, outright lies, and glaring omissions,” the statement read. “It is a half-baked self-exoneration by Paxton, who continues to use taxpayer dollars to delay and hide from simple document requests and depositions and pay private lawyers to keep the federal investigation quiet. The truth will come out, but you won’t get it from Ken Paxton.”
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Holman

Post by Holman »

I'm sure I'm late to the meme, but "lolsuit" is just perfection.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Texas finally got their election bill passed the House but it isn't 100% over yet. The NY Times as usual has the best headline. I mean why not keep up the horse race bullshit right up to the end of democracy? They might as well milk it while they still can and all that.

Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

At Macon County GOP event yesterday, Madison Cawthorn called January 6 rioters “political hostages,” and spoke of trying to “bust them out.” Then-
Attendee: “When are you gonna call us to Washington again?"
Cawthorn: “We are actively working on that one.”
Gods, I despise these people.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I see we're on the same wavelength; I posted this in the Domestic Violent Extremism thread. They really do overlap. :?
Maybe next year, maybe no go
malchior

Post by malchior »

LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Just a pleasant reminder that the Them isn't as broad as I perceive it when I head in to the wild. I need that sometimes.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Political big shot though he is, it’s going to take dozens, maybe hundreds of Dan Quayles to have any effect on the current GOP crazy train trajectory.

Like, at least 50 DQ’s, 15 Michael ‘Brownie’ Browns, bakers’ dozen Sara Palin’s, and 7 Dennis Hasterts.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:19 pm Political big shot though he is, it’s going to take dozens, maybe hundreds of Dan Quayles to have any effect on the current GOP crazy train trajectory.

Like, at least 50 DQ’s, 15 Michael ‘Brownie’ Browns, bakers’ dozen Sara Palin’s, and 7 Dennis Hasterts.
[Drazzil]
And a cartridge in a pear tree.
[/Drazzil]
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
malchior

Post by malchior »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:19 pm Political big shot though he is, it’s going to take dozens, maybe hundreds of Dan Quayles to have any effect on the current GOP crazy train trajectory.

Yup. I took this as a reminder about how close we got to the edge. Pence was clearly wavering right up to the end. Also, notice he shut his pie hole instead of being a responsible leader and openly discussing this. The man gets credit for holding the line but I can't help but have a suspicion it wasn't for the right reasons.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Jaymann wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:10 pm

[Drazzil]
[/Drazzil]
OK, had I been drinking coffee when I read that, it would have been spewed, needless to say. :clap:
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Hodor.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Jaymann wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:10 pm

[Drazzil]
[/Drazzil]
:D
Daehawk wrote:Thats Drazzil's chair damnit.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Arizona “audit” shows no fraud:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/24/us/a ... biden.html

“After months of delays and blistering criticism, a review of the 2020 election in Arizona’s largest county, ordered up and financed by Republicans, has failed to produce any evidence that former President Donald J. Trump was cheated of victory, according to a draft version of the report.

In fact, the draft report from the company Cyber Ninjas found just the opposite: It tallied 99 additional votes for President Biden and 261 fewer votes for Mr. Trump in Maricopa County, the fast-growing region that includes Phoenix.”

Trump is going to throw a fit. He got his “audit” and it’s a bust. Can’t wait to see his reaction. This is hilarious!
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

So against all expectations, the Cyber Ninjas tried to be honest? Watching trumpsters backpedal will be :pop:
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

“That’s impossible. We need to audit the auditors who audited the already audited election. It’s really the only way to be sure!” - GOP, probably
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Skinypupy wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:19 am “That’s impossible. We need to audit the auditors who audited the already audited election. It’s really the only way to be sure!” - GOP, probably
Unless you nuke Arizona from orbit.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter